Best tires for in city driving? freeways %70 of the time and small roads the rest?

Best tires for in city driving? freeways %70 of the time and small roads the rest?

I drive a pretty fast car but only squeeze it out every now and then on the freeway, what is the best type of tire or brand of tire to have put on my car just driving it around town with the occasional corner being taken kind of fast or speeds around 100 on the freeway?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_and_Ford_tire_controversy
tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact DWS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Michelin pilots

Some genetic all seasons

Do they pay you to post that crap?

No, I just appreciate quality tires

pirelli pzero

BFG g-force sport 2 comp a/s

Michelin or nothing.

These are good?

No they are overpriced, and michelin have shills here

Why are you so triggered that people prefer Michelin tires, get over it dork

Got some objective reasons behind Michelin tires being worth a shit?

I will wait.

Ride quality and low amount of sound, go ahead and tell me why I should get some Kumo tires instead. The super sport tires are best

>anecdotal nonsense with no basis

Show me how they are better with numbers or you may as well just be talking out your ass, you shill

Tell me why some generic tires are better.

I will wait.

You just killed your argument with that. gg christian logic kid. No one is buying your shit tire brand go tell your manager you failed at shilling today on Veeky Forums of all places

I'll be waiting for your rebuttal, happy shitposting lad.

Would Toyota use them on their new cars if they were bad? Would bugatti use them if they were bad? Would almost every sports car use them if they were bad?

You get what you pay for with tires.

He's too autistic to see that, all he knows is spouting out hurr durr shill. Won't even suggest a better tire

Keep running your mouth without anything substantial to back it up, you are really showing just how correct you are here, keep it up it is totally working.

Where's your tires suggestion? Oh yeah, you're just here to shitpost and call people shills

I bought some michelin xm2's almost a year ago and have been loving them.

Talk to your local tyre shop too, they might be able to make some nice recommendations.

>ask for tire suggestion
>get suggested x
>unsure about x and ask if it really is good
>ask for evidence confirming the quality of x
>get told how great it is yet again, but no evidence is shown
>autistically melt down and call people a shill triggering others to have and equally intense autistic meltdown
>thread devolves into shitposting

never change Veeky Forums

All joking aside, I am curious about too

Bridgestone Potenza RE050a if you want to never worry about wet weather again.

Bridgestone and Firestone are well known shit tires though

Eh, whatever.

I'm serious, didn't they have serious recalls for many years between 1998-2009? When my dad Bought his chevy Tahoe new in dealer 2001 tmit had Firestone tires and dealer quickly took them off because there were huge problems with em

The lack of facts in this thread makes me realize why I stay away from this place

Could they have stayed in business if they did not fix what went wrong and provide a quilt product? If they were still as bad as the negative press they got said then they would be done. Great tires can be had from both of them.

Confirmed for best shit tires you'll ever destroy.

Yeah Firestone truck tires had issues with the sidewalls rupturing, causing Explorers/Mountaineers to roll over. But that was back in 2000.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_and_Ford_tire_controversy

Any reason to buy Firestone/Bridgestone tires over all the varieties out there? It's not like they're even that cheap a tire

I bought mine because I DD'd a Mazdaspeed6 in South Carolina and didn't want any issues with hydroplaning. For the price, they had the best reviews for wet weather. They were also a good performance tire considering how much a hambeast the MS6 was.

If snow and ice aren't a factor, I'd go with the BFG Sport Comp2. They're cheap, long-lasting, quiet, and good in the wet, but they have enough grip and sidewall stiffness to be fun. (The last point is particularly important IMO, even when driving normally the car will feel more responsive and agile, which is always a good thing.)

So I should stick with my ContiSportContacts, then?

>City driving

Get out.

The average person would do well with those 80 dollar Kumhos. Only a few people can bring a car to the limit where Michelin Pilot Super Sports are necessary.

Not everyone here has shitboxes

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact DWS

Here's another option OP. They're good for all weather conditions while still providing some good surface area for traction.

This desu senpai

I run Firestone Firehawk indy 500 235/40/18. Great summer tire.

Almost no wheelspin in 2nd @300 ftlbs

No shit. My assumption was he has a shitbox because he needs to make a decision between PSS vs any other fucking tire.

I know. Most posters here don't even own a vehicle.

Nobody wants to admit that a good set of pilot supersports is superior because some spergs are under assumption any tires will do for all purposes. OP mentioned he had a "fast" car so we can assume he needs quality tires that is Michelin

PSS's are indeed a good tire, but most people don't wanna pay $240 a tire when they could get some Hankook RS-3's for $170 a tire and they're just as good.

Honestly most big companies have a tire that can suit your needs OP it just comes down to price since you want something all around good.

Though I swear to god I feel like that guy is spamming Michelin while other give good constructive reasons for their other tires

$125 or less for normal cars. Just because your dumb ass had to buy 20 inch rims that are 1.5 feet wide doesn't mean everyone does.

He said "fast" car so I assumed a tire size of atleast 225/40/18. Fwiw

Continental extremecontact DW

You won't be disappointed

45 sidewall minimum

So Veeky Forums is full of fucking kids already

The correct answers. Continental's in the business of making grippy, well designed, DD tires in various compounds. Pick DW for summer tire, DWS for all seasons, and EWC for winters.

they wear super fast.

michelin pilot sport as3's, does my opinion matter working at a tire shop btw