/iamturok/ - Turok General

Turok General - #1

I don't know what to write here yet edition, someone can sort this out later.

>Turok 2 remaster released today
store.steampowered.com/app/405830/
gog.com/game/turok_2_seeds_of_evil

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_sdFd61sWUg
streamable.com/y7f08
youtube.com/watch?v=vPxdWubUslk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good call, the thread 404'd literally seconds later.

Sorry for rushing it, wanted to make sure it would be in the /v/ thread before getting archived. I might flesh out the OP later if another thread is made and if I'm the one making it.

First for BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

RAGE WARS REMASTERED WHEN

>tfw can't play right now because visiting my parents and all I have is this shitty laptop with an intel HD 3000
can't even start the game

Did they actually fix this from the trailer? I just got to Lair of the Blind ones. I believe they said they were going to fix it.

That is the image from the trailer, not the game. And yeah, they fixed it.

Yeah I figured it was from the trailer, I'll have to take a screenshot later once I get to the boss.

How did this fucker become a playable character in RW?

lol

How likely is it that turok is gonna be the next system shock and nightdives gonna drop a new game on us?
Devs I know you're here, I want a new turok please.

A new Turok that isn't like fuckin Evolution or Gears of Turok*.

I owned the first Turok on N64 but never beat it but I beat it on steam. All I need to get 100% achievements is to get all the secrets.

FUCK i hated the undead enemies in this game as a kid. I was scared of them and I remember having nightmares about them.

Also, these enemies are from deadside, the same place you go to in the game Shadowman. Allegedly these two IPs are in the same universe.

Fun fact, this is why they had to edit some of the map design. The extended draw distance revealed some shortcuts the original devs took that was originally hidden by the fog.

Thats pretty crazy does not surprise me they could get away with it back then.

This should be cataloged in a gallery. Can you find any more?

I'll see. A friend of mine who was a beta tester for the remaster sent that one to me.

The great debate.

OP here, I gotta go to bed so I won't be able to bump the thread, though it seems to be doing fine so far.

Just gonna hope this general is still alive when I wake up. Good night.

I've been switching back and forth since I haven't really listened to the PC soundtrack before.

Been preferring the N64 versions in most cases so far though.

I use the N64 tracks when playing Hardcore with "Extended Draw Distance" turned off, and the draw distance set to the lowest possible setting. On top of that, removing the quest markers and some other assist tools.

Make sure to get your resolution scaling at 20% or lower.

Almost forgot AND cap your framerate at 15FPS.

I play it at 30%, because I don't wanna go blind.

>Hook up my N64 controller to emulate the old days.
>Difficulty becomes twice as hard because it's impossible to aim.

Yeah, on the n64 the controller is half of the battle. Speaking of which, does anyone know how to actually get used to the damn thing?

Fucking cocktease.

>That 60fps death animation

Why there is a fucking horse sound in the whole first level?

Why not? The background sounds indicate that the city is still under siege and as you can see that horses are used by the humans of Aida.

Adia.

I don't feel like evolution is as bad as people say.
It doesn't look very pretty but the gameplay is still very fun, it's turok

Dinosaurs patiently wait behind any door or corridor near your premise, at the other side of any walls and doors you may encounter. It's weird how sound still travels around, but it can also be taken as atmosphere, since the whole attack on the Port of Adia is basically a bunch of Bio-engineered Dinosaur Mutant Soldiers and other pure-breed dinosaurs running around invading and making havok.

So far the only track I've liked better on PC is the Lair of the Blind ones.

Heard the boss music is way better on PC as well.

>Shredder with explosive shells

How is this even legal?

>Shoot explosive shredder into room with explosive barrels.
>Ricochets around the room blowing up everything in the room.

Isn't the pc track for Lair of The Blind Ones shortened though?

Not sure the music for there is pretty quiet and atmospheric anyway compared to the rest of the tracks.

That's just the build up to 5:43
youtube.com/watch?v=_sdFd61sWUg

>plasma rifle and grenade launcher feel strong as fuck now

So glad they fixed these guns. I'm sure the scorpion launcher was fixed too.

Yeah your definitely right then, just listened through it in game its shorter.

>Need to autistically check every little nook and cranny possible.
>mfw Lair of the Blind Ones.

Good luck

Bought the original on Steam a couple months back. Great nostalgia. Game somehow aged well.

>tfw you never got to the Fireborn section of this level
>tfw you finally will

I actually enjoyed evolution a lot. It wasn't the best Turok but it was still a fun little game. Definitely better than that shit tier reboot they did

Yeah both games definitely aged well and the PC ports pretty much eliminate the biggest flaws that make the N64 versions age so bad.

>turok 2 EX

as in DOOM64EX of /vr/ user? if so, godspeed to you, and I hope the Blood port fares well

I'm not Kaiser or anyone who works for Night Dive, I'm just friends with a couple T2 beta testers.

how do i get there?

Willpower

can you jump on that little plant balcony on the right?

Kill all the seagulls in the air then a door will open on the path to the left past the waterfall.

the fuck is this?

the emblem looks like a huge jump, so I assume you need some type of jump power that you get later

A leap of faith.

You need to come back later after you get the talisman. When you see those pads like that they correspond to a certain talisman ability.

lol thanks

in my dreams
>turok arena shooter comes out
>gameplay just like rage wars
>it gets a competitive following
>Overtakes overwatch
>Becomes the premier competitive fps.
or
>Marvel buys rights to Turok comics
>A Turok gets put in MvC:I

I'll take the first option.

>you will never kill Turok and obtain the Light Burden and bridge a way between the Lost Land and your homeworld

But why does it need to have some big competitive following? Why can't it just be semi competitive?

Because some here don't know any other choice?

It doesn't have to be, I just want the turok series to flourish.

it really is a travesty what happened to this series

I haven't played Shadow of Oblivion
How does it stack up to every other game in the series?

I used to dream of an open-world Turok game made in Farcry 2's Dunia engine. But nowadays I'd rather just let the franchise rest in relative peace.

So I just picked up 2 and I'm having a crashing issue probably related to some setting that I keep setting. Has anyone had any luck with setting the resolution scale to 1.25? I think that might be it. What happens is when I exit the menu back to the game everything is white and the game locks up. Might be related to changing out of windowed mode while it's running too, I don't know.

Also the controls menu is annoying as fuck. Any time you set a key it goes all the way back to the top.

How much harder is Hardcore than the regular Hard mode? What are the differences?

Also can you set the resolution scale to above 1.25 for supersampling even though you can't in the menu itself? I thought we were past only having post processing AA in deferred rendered games.

It's better than 2008 and at least on par with Evolution, but worse in every way compared to 1 and 2 for SP and Rage Wars for MP.

i don't remember much but i do remember it's not as impressive as 1 or 2 but it's decent. you'll notice a lot of reused assets and there's even a level that's just the turok 1 jungle map with some prettier graphics.

the main thing about turok 3 is that it just didn't try as hard as 1 or 2. the turok 2 devs were so determined to bring something new to the table that they decided to not even have any human enemies in the game. it seems like with t3 they dialed everything back a few notches except with graphics and animation which were admittedly impressive.

3's animations were worse than 2's.

>game is half price for people that bought turok 1
Based nightdive

you might be right but i remember being blown away by the lip syncing animations during cutscenes.

The lip syncing kind of creeps me out.

How would you feel if in the event that we ever get an entirely new turok game, how would you feel if the devs decided to put more effort into the story?
Admittedly, turok is the type of game where people don't really give a shit about the story, but what little bit is there are really cool ideas. I love the concept behind the lost land, being this alternate world of different things displaced in time.

So why does the first raptor I see use the old Turok 2 Beta texture rather than the final version? Are they all like this?

Firestorm cannon is some shit.

>can't turn off blood or make it green
0/10

>wanting to turn off blood

Its really uncanny and looks bad by todays standards but when compared to what else was available on console it was impressive. MGS for example didn't even have mouth movement their heads just bobbed and it was pretty much the closest to any sort of lip syncing the PS1 really had to offer excluding FMVs or anime style cutscenes like in Xenogears or Lunar Silver Star Story. Obviously leaving PC out because back in 2000 PC was miles ahead of consoles for the most part.

Even Perfect Dark which is debatably the most graphically impressive console game of the 5th gen didn't have any sort of mouth movement.

I'd like to see more story in a Turok game. Turok has interesting lore but I feel like its missed potential.

I wonder if we'll get a level editor for turok 2 like we did for 1

>their heads just bobbed and it was pretty much the closest to any sort of lip syncing the PS1 really had to offer excluding FMVs or anime style cutscenes
Crash Bandicoot? Spyro?

streamable.com/y7f08

can't find the fourth child in level 1 fuck

>teleports be-lind you

HD did not benefit these goblins at all.

I have distinctly fond memories of Turok 3. Now I was a kid at the time, so I could just be off base, but you got two choose between two different characters who had some cool weapon variations. The way it worked was you'd get the same weapon for both, and then you'd get an upgrade different for each. So for one the pistol upgrades into a silenced pistol and for the other it upgrades into a magnum. It was pretty sweet.

Again, I could just be misremembering. This was aeons ago for me. I know if they remaster it I will most certainly pick it up.

Never played Turok games because I never owned consoles back in the days but I fucking love tons of old 90s/early 00s fps games like SiN, Hexen 2, Quake, Blood and a shit load of others.

Does it still hold up or is it mainly fun because of nostalgia? Willing to pay full price on GOG if it's still a great game without the nostalgia.

Turok has the manliest grunt for climbing ladders ever

I wasn't even into the Turok games until I played the remaster for the first game. It's really good.

You'll find the normal raptors strewn about along with those ones.

>very first level of Turok 1 mostly memorized
>they moved the 2nd key to a more "obvious" location
>still throws me for a loop and I waste waste half an hour hugging the wall in confusion because vines should be there

bump
youtube.com/watch?v=vPxdWubUslk

THANK YOU TUROK