If I order a used part, and the condition is unusable when I receive it...

If I order a used part, and the condition is unusable when I receive it, how hard do I have to try to get them to refund or return it before I can take the place to small claims court?

Basically the scam is you buy a part with a 5 year warrantee, they send you shit and you either struggle for weeks to get them to accept a refund, then you pay a restocking fee which they pocket and they just sell the part again.

I would rather just take them to small claims court and get my money back, but Im not sure how to proceed.
Do I have a leg to stand on, or am I a whiner?

Pic is the part. 5 year warrantee, there may be "light surface rust"

No reasonable person would describe this frozen strut as usable.

stop being a poorfag and buy OEM

>he bought used struts

Lol.

I'm thinking a recorded call where I announce it it being recorded, explanation of the circumstances will either get them to send a new one or give me an assertion on their part that this is "good" from their end?

Then any judge in small claims court would be able to decide?

Shouldn't say this, but
I'm a girl.

As a person who works in OEM online retail, you're fucked. If they won't work with you, there is literally nothing you can do. If they are a business with a business license and everything, nothing you can do.

mystery solved. Struts are disposable. i.e. use it till it's replaced. Buy some new ones and don't purchase from that place again.

>Buying a used strut
Fucking why? They're super cheap new.
Also the hassle involved with getting them to take it back is way more than the cost of just getting a factory new strut if you ask me.

Yes, normally I'd agree I am porked.
However
I could pay the fee and file a claim with small claims court, saying I'm suing the company for the amount paid for the strut assembly.

We both would legally have to show up.
That would be possible, even though more of a PITA than most people will chase.

Cheap, turn around time, time to replace strut tower vs take apart, bushing on top is fucked too,

Car is a shitpile

All these reasons.

Yeah but it's the principle now. I also want to win a lawsuit.

New parts are already on the car. This is aftermath.

If you're American, some manufacturers offer "easy struts" which is basically the entire strut assembled including top mount and spring. Just drop the old one and put in the new one.
Maybe go for one of those next time.

If you have the patience, do take them to small claims though. Those fuckers deserve it.

Exactly. Car is all back together now.

I basically just want to be an asshole to the assholes.

this, but make sure you comb their sales info, checkout, and part listing pages for anything like "as is no returns" or "not responsible for damage on used parts" or similar jewy catch all statement basically saying you may get sent a broken part and cant send it back and you acknowledged this by checking out or whatever. if so you may not have a leg to stand on unless you can prove they falsely advertised the part (like on ebay if you put up the listing as new in box and send an obviously used part). speaking of which, did you use paypal or pay them directly? if you went though paypal you should be going through them.

If you purchased from that site and they have policy agreements that you agreed with (which you'd have to in order to buy from them) then the claim would be immediately be thrown out. You'd have a better chance at issuing a charge back claim with your bank.

They state there might be "light surface rust" and the part is not new.

"You may return all unchanged and original items purchased at LowMileageParts.com within 30 days of the original delivery subject to a 20% restocking and handling fee. All return shipping must be prepaid by the customer or deducted from the refund if we arrange the shipping for you.

If the product is defective or the return is a result of our error we will replace it at no cost to you or at our option we may waive the handling fee and process the return of the part.

No returned merchandise will be accepted without a Return Material Authorization (RMA). COD returns will NOT be accepted under any circumstances.

We will credit you in the same manner as your original payment within 7 days of receiving the returned item."

So online all sources claim these guys are super slimey.

I called the number on the shipping label, (that came from a separate company than the website) and the customer service guy answered for the website. He asked how I got that extension and hung up.

My argument is basically you claim this isn't new and there may be light surface rust. This is completely unusable and no reasonable person would agree that it is in the advertised condition.

I'm arguing it's defective and I should get all money back, they clearly dance this line till the person gives up or pays the restocking fee and ships it back.

If it'd work, I'd rather make them take a day and show up in court. Even for a measly 124 dollars.

I wanna be the bigger asshole, and I think I have an argument any judge would agree with.

I paid with credit card.

Additionally, according to the better business bureau website they closed in 2014

do it and stop posting on a sewing machine repair forum

sounds like you have a case then. sue dem cunts!

It'd be a 3.5 hour trip each way on a motorcycle that gets ~55 mpg. I'd get to visit a friend.

My hunch is it would be reasonable to ask for compensation for the day off of work as well. Their shipping policy says 24 to 48 hours too, and it was a full 8 days before it shipped with documented encouragement and asking for answers on my end.

I'm thinking try for like 150 from the day of work, 123 for the part and 100 cuz fuck you gives me a day off to ride and maybe make twice what I would at work.

In any case, I'd almost pay to file a claim just to make them show up and put a face to the name.

ask your credit card company, they sometimes give you back your money if they defrauded you.

I have 3 questions
1. what got you into cars
2. are you a cutie?
3. LONDON?

I hate to disappoint but that wasn't me.

Im a dude. Murica.

i have a few questions

>why are women retarded
>is you being a woman the reason your retarded
>why the fuck did you think buying a used strut is a good idea

your fucking retarded its a wear item