Do businessmen really use this phone or is it a meme?

>Every successful business person I know, including myself still uses a BlackBerry Passport.

Other urls found in this thread:

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/el-chapo-a-drug-kingpin-his-blackberry-and-bbm/article18633859/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Typing on one right now, must say I feel pretty isolated as a ex Iphone user.

i love that phone...
best for business...

if i want something to play with, i buy a Nintendo

Every Veeky Forums man i know has an iphone,because its just a fucking phone its only needed for calls,texts and email ,you dont need to type word documents on it kek

Worth getting one this late in the game? $189.99 isn't bad for a phone.

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like a good device.

I said businessmen not Veeky Forums men. This can do everything you mentioned except it has a better aspect ratio for business materials (pdfs) and is more secure than IOS. The real winner here seems like the passport.

That's why we have laptops and computers user.

The same argument could be made for any smart phone then. You can't take a laptop and computer everywhere.

Elchapo was caught with a BlackBerry
>theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/top-business-stories/el-chapo-a-drug-kingpin-his-blackberry-and-bbm/article18633859/

BB Passport is good, just SHIT app support (almost NO apps supported on it)

BB Mercury looks promising, but it is Android

Pretty much this. BB10 OS would be perfect if it did not lack apps.

>its only needed for calls,texts and email
>iPhone
Are Veeky Forums-men all homosexuals then?

lagdroids suck

iphones are the best phones for people who don't care for anything beyond 4 basic apps

Not sure but heard Blackberry won't update the OS anymore and the newer devices are running on Android now.

I think I'd rather have BB10 than Android. Android is not secure and allows the microphone to be tapped into even when not in use as the guy in the linked thread stated.

Strictly business? Then go for a BB, hands down. Got a passport myself, only downside like stated before is the lack of apps but overall it's a timeless phone.

Yes strictly business, no pleasure. Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the reply.

I never had a "business phone".

Can you please elaborate on what exactly makes a phone a business phone?

What do you do on it that relates to your business?

And why for as long as blackberry was relevant has it ever been a blackberry? What did they do that good that others couldn't?

Apart from email and a synced phonebook and maybe an instant messenger I can't really think of anything that earlier blackberry phones and operating systems could have done better than the rest.

And they keyboard ofcourse.

What am I missing?

BB10 is solid. If only RIM knew how to market to millenials - the world would be their lobster.

It doesn't feel like a toy or fashion accessory.

It has the most secure OS available.

It oozes build quality.

It's like buying a Maybach instead of a BMW.

lol

if you really want to ooze quality get a personal assistant and have them carry a phone.

you'll be oozing in no time.

No one uses a Blackberry for anything. People use there regular phone for Business. If a modern phone is good enough for every other aspect of your life its good enough for "Business"

Op your going to look autistic with this phone ,buisness men don't look at spreadsheets on their blackberrys you cuck,they have iPhones,it's standard.

I have the blackberry Priv and I loathe it. It's such a massive downgrade from my old blackberry Q10 because it runs the slow-as-shit android OS. It's all that Verizon carries though... At least the Priv was made well because it hasn't broken when I've thrown it at walls, stood on it, beat it, dropped it on the floor, etc.

I wish I had a passport though, that blackberry OS is fantastic!

>If only RIM marketed
It's the biggest flaw with them; they expected word of mouth to do all the marketing for them. It was so bad that when I got my phone, I had to get it special ordered through the Verizon store and the guy said he didn't even know they existed anymore (not to mention having no presence in any store or never seeing an ad anywhere) -- a clear sign of not marketing.

I had a Blackberry when they were the shit, early to mid 2000's. The keyboard plus the scroll wheel were top of the line as well as the email sync. This is all pre smart phone age. I heard they mostly suck now but those phones were legit great. Pretty much everyone who had one has a fond memory of it and that's probably what the enduring rep is based on.

I make pretty good money. I hang out with some millionaires, business owners, etc..

Never once seen any of these people with anything other than an Iphone or high end Android phone.

Have never seen anyone other than unemployed neckbeard spergs using BB.

Literally everyone uses IOS in professional environments now.

Blackberrys are put together just as shitty as any other 200ish dollar phone.
Stop buying hoodrich bait phones. I've never had lag issues with my android, and I have a ton of shit running constantly. Granted I never had issues with my BB or iPhone either.

Is the Blackphone a Veeky Forumsilionaire phone? I am considering buying one.

Highly successful person here, using a Priv.

It's a Blackberry with Android OS.

What were their main functions (besides the keyboard and general input methods) that they did better than other mobile phones.

Or applications if you will.

Was it "internet communication" like email and synchronized phonebooks before the smartphone era?

The most successful person I know uses a cheap flip phone.

I miss my Nokia e63. POS phone, but the amount of work I got done typing on it was amazing.
Who the fuck thought greasy touchscreens were a good idea!? WE HAVE TO GO BACK!