You have 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why you aren't investing in this man

You have 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why you aren't investing in this man.

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/chart/TSLA
youtube.com/watch?v=kujFypVeNic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he is shilled on Veeky Forums

I don't know how to...

Please halp. What are the market names of Tesla and SpaceX?

Mountains of debt

Excuse me, but how do you "invest" in anything Elon Musk nowadays apart from trading & holding shares of his publicly traded copanies like Tesla als Solar City?

Is there an upcoming issuance of shares or debt?

Tesla Motors, Inc. (TSLA)
finance.yahoo.com/chart/TSLA

EMEM and BGHLDR

I'm investing in Lithium, Cobalt & Graphite companies, so when he makes model 3's, and the demand for materials spikes to make batteries, I make bank.

I'm not investing in Tesla because the stock price / risk doesn't make sense right now. He needs to knock the model 3 out of the park, given all the manufacturing issues with current cars, the mountains of debt, the 'free' charging that is costing tesla 5k per car, that they are going to stop giving you with new cars, and the fact he wants to save the world, not make money, makes it risky to me. Throw in Trump being able to change the rules to favor clean coal, you have a lot of risks on the down side in investing in tesla directly, hence why I do it indirectly.

He probably will succeed, and I hope he fucking does for the planet's sake, but there are lots of potential speedbumps that will knock the share price down, and one that will moon it (model 3 knocked out of the park, on time, on budget). And I don't want to gamble with those odds against me. Now if the stock tanks and it's worthwhile, I'll get in then, until then, trade shit he will effect.

what companies?

This.

No gains to be made.

Has yet to actually do something. Lots of talk, very minimal action.

And if gas stays cheap he's gonna get more irrelevant.

I want him to succeed but he's certainly got challenges.

Those materials? Don't try so much on commodities betting on the success of a shitty company like Tesla.

What if Ford or some shit company like Peugeot designs an electric car and they develop a supercapacitor instead of chemical batteries?

Risky, bro. Also maybe they design a sweet new way to frack old oil fields and crude is $27 a bbl and gas is $1.25 again. You hear of the new sonic devices they're using in the old Permian Basin sites now?

Risky bro.

tai knows his shit

youtube.com/watch?v=kujFypVeNic

Solar city is actually issuing bonds right now, check the markets

He's an asshole

I wouldn't touch that shit with a 10 ft pole. Terrible risk ratio on those.

Ever listened in to his earning reports. This man is great at attracting investor's money, but not much of a titan in the car industry. He literally has nothing bad to say of the competitor's car, but somehow he manages to make it seem to the viewer that there is something genuinely funny about the car. Since Paypal he hasn't really made much profit, but he has an uncanny knack for attracting investor's money. If you can get in early enough on one of his new venture's, sure the possibility of riches would probably be good. But would I buy Tesla stock at its current price. Get the fuck out of here.

True they are BBB which is barely investment grade

Tesla isn't a car company.

Tesla is a tech company.

Tesla's market sector is Consumer Discretionary and last time I checked, tech companies weren't listed under that sector, oddly enough Automobile companies are though.

Then that's wrong.

Commercial, full scale supercapacitors are still 5+ years away. They are viable to make, but to make them on a large scale requires new manufacturing chains, r&d, you get the idea. It will happen...after I've left with my profits. The time horizons don't meet. Lithium Ion is here for at least 5 years, and demand is only going up.

Not saying it won't happen (It's likely IMO cos lithium is shit), but I don't invest in these mineral companies for long term. I invest before the herd, then everyone else rocks up, drives the price up anywhere from 200 - 500%, and I head for the exit.

Spec mining companies on the ASX (BSM, GXY, RXM, etc)

He's going to be working with Drumpf and that's racist.

muh government subsidies

Gas prices are going back up due to OPEC deal and his factory started pumping out batteries this week.

I'd only invest in SpaceX desu

because he looks like a balding fat autismo after surgery and hair transplant.

Panasonic is partnering with Tesla for the gigafactory and will be supplying tesla with battery/materials.

PCRFY.

He is not into making dividends

Steve Job = Great CEO
very passionate about winning and defeating competing companies. highly protective of Apple technologies and patents, Steve Jobs will sue anyone who root Iphone

Elon Musk = bad CEO
very laid back and don't care about profits, give away free patents so competing companies can defeat Tesla

Great CEO like Steve Jobs will bring in great profits. But I'm not confident in companies with Elon Musk as CEO because he doesn't care about profits.

bump

He is overleveraged to the hilt and is buying companies with loans that he gets from is other companies and then getting loans from the companies that he has bought to bail out the companies that made the original loans.

FARADAY

And what Sergio Marchionne said
>I see nothing about Tesla's business model that can't be emulated.

He makes patents public in order to have more people making electric cars and thus increase the market. He is convinced that Tesla can beat all competitipn, though.