/egg/ - Dr. Eggman General

Welcome to the Doctor Eggman General. Let's worship and praise our benevolent master and conqueror, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik! Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #701 - Hedgehog Posting will be Blacklisted edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHHWVOl_ApY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Eggman

still not sure what city this looks like

So how does it feel knowing that Eggman has now won in Sonic Forces?

>my pic isn't there
Well at least gives me time to color it.

I bet the actual /egg/ general isn't happy we're using that.

Well if that's gonna be the case, then I can definitely see the 3rd style being Eggman defending his empire from Sonic's friends.

Feels good, man.

Good. He deserves it.

We should use /drg/

To be fair, our /egg/ is just their /egg/ with an added focus on world domination.

been looking at the YT comments on the Force footage, a bit of negativity.

>people being cold to another boost game
>crying for SA3.

>that sonic forces run animation

I forgot is mania the fangame or is it forces

I know wtf

Looks fine to me, nice and swift.

Eggman hasn't won shit until Sonic is dead.

Yeah, looks a bit weak. I had hoped they made new animations but these are straight from Lost World.

Bear in mind they did first mention the footage was still a WIP so I'm hoping it's improved before release.

>watch Sonic Forces gameplay
>literally a faster and edgier Sonic Colors
wowitsfuckingnothing.jpg

>>literally a faster and edgier Sonic Colors
That's perfect though

If I missed yours then I'm truly sorry.
Finish coloring your pic and take up the mantel of making a better collage. You'll do a better job than me I'm sure.

For about an hour or so. They really need to push the envelope in the third gameplay style, because Modern is the third time they've sold us the same game and Classic probably isn't going to be much better than it was in Generations.

third game
nobody tell him this will be the 4th

>These are straight from lost world.
I'd argue lost world's running animation was good. Sonic's running SPEED was the shitty part. If he ran like he did in lost world and actually moved...fast It'd be fine.

>No flexing 700 art eggman

What if Forces has a run button.

>Unleashed
>Colors
>Generations
>Forces
Fuck, I miscounted. That doesn't help their case though. If it turns out to be as linear as I think it will be, that's a third of the game down the drain.

I don't really care about it feeling like the same game so long as the quality is there. I don't care if it's classic, modern or boost sonic, just so long as it's good. Any of those can be good when done right. Just hope they don't fuck up by making another turkey.

the whole 3 gameplay styles thing concerns me a little, like they're trying to pander to what retarded fans want by the numbers and ultimately end up making a mess of a game.

welcome to your 3rd style

seeing the trailer I thought it looked fun but very more of the same, saying that I'm one of the people who didn't like lost world. so I'm not complaining about this.

I've told to make a more complete collage. All pics should be included.

>the same base gameplay means it's the same game
Retards like you are why we got Lost World.

Lost World's running animation was more or less the same from Colours/Gens but with the figure 8 effect. Problem was Sonic wasn't running flat out in LW so his arms rarely fully extend out behind him like they normally did previously.

Incredibly small nitpick but it's not gonna ruin the game for me.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal in Boost coming back a 4th time. Personally, I'm glad the 3D games finally has a style that they're sticking with, as opposed to just "picking a style for one game, then throw it away for the next game." I mean really, is it a bad thing that the 3D games have some consistency?

Honestly outside of Classic Sonic & Sonic's friends not being playable, I'm hyped for Forces.

Why are Sonic fans so fucking unpleaseable? What are these comments.

>WAAA WAAA SONIC KEEPS TRYING TO DO NEW SHIT, GENERATIONS AND COLORS HAD A FINE FORMULA THEY SHOULD STICK WITH THAT
>Sega finally sticks with the Colors boost formula
>WAAAA SEEGA REALLY NEEDS TO INNOVATE, IT'S THE SAME SHIT AS BEFORE
or alternatively
>WHY WONT THEY MAKE GAMES AS GOOD AS SONIC ADVENTURE 1 AND 2

jesus fucking christ

And his franchise-saving sales.

new enemies

they are grey but its the light that make look orange

I often think modern sonic would be a lot better if sega never listened to fans and instead used their own judgement to make what they consider to be good games.

Sonic fans want Generations styled games and the success of the mods show they also want multiple playable characters, but a vocal minority keeps claiming Sonic needs to be the only character in Lost World so I can be the only true fan left

Look like eggs.

Motioning that we keep Dr. Eggman General in honor of Eggman Winning until the thread 750 milestone

I liked that they brought back the peelout animation. One of my least favorite things about 3D sonic games is they tend to just have him...run rather than make his feet become a blur.

There's just times when it feels like his feet either aren't moving fast enough for the speed he's going and it kinda unimerses you (like how he looks in the sonic forces gameplay.

When his feet are a blur you can sorta legitimize him going ANY speed because whatever speed it is his legs are clearly moving too fast to see.

I'll second that

It still puzzles me how people still hold Adventures 1 and 2 up to the "golden standard" of what a Sonic game should be as if they're flawless masterpieces that never did anything wrong with Sonic.

Hmm. I prefer the Egg Pawns from Heroes, but the design here isn't bad. Also it's been confirmed that Tails, Knuckles, best girl Amy, & The Chaotix are gonna be NPCs in Forces. I'd like to see them destroy some bots in the cutscenes, if they won't be playable.

I'm cool with that.

Look yellow

Agreed

With shaders and stuff today you'd think they could at least do some nice motion blue stuff on his feet maybe..

>Motioning that we keep Dr. Eggman General in honor of Eggman Winning until the thread 750 milestone
That's fine, but it looks like someone has been in talks with the real /egg/ and it looks like if we stay Eggman General for a while, we have to change the abbreviation.
Most likely to /drg/ or /deg/

>vocal minority
I'm not saying you're wrong but Sonic's fanbase is so segmented that basically EVERY opinion is a vocal minority.
There's classicfags, adventurefags, boostfags, multiple characterfags, only sonicfags, lost worldfags, Wispfags, nowispfags, dark tonefags, light tonefags, waifufags,

Fags. Fags everywhere.

I think we used /deg/ the first time we were the Dr. Eggman general.

Hope this isn't a repost.

Interesting stuff.

Sega should only listen to us

Sonic Advance 2 artstyle is cute

True. This is why Sega should listen to sales instead of communities of idea guys.

>WAAAA SEEGA REALLY NEEDS TO INNOVATE, IT'S THE SAME SHIT AS BEFORE
Thus far Modern Sonc's gameplay looks almost identical to Unleashed/Colors/Generations, and Classic Sonic will likely be the same. That's four games that are pretty much identical. Meanwhile, the original games managed to keep the same core gameplay while adding and expanding the gameplay.
>Sonic the Hedgehog: The original
>Sonic 2: Generally smoother, faster gameplay; added the Spin Dash for easier speed buildup
>Sonic 3 & Knuckles: actually differentiated characters, added different routes for different characters
Modern Sonic Forces just looks like the same damned gameplay we've gotten for the past 9 years with no real changes. It's only a brief snippet of gameplay, but if it sets the tone of the entire game then there's not much for me to look forward to.

Looks like the anti-boostfags are waking up.

I'm probably the dictionary definition of a classicfag traditionalist and I can't understand what people are so mad about. If it's my fellow classic-purists, then I implore you, my brothers, to stop. We are getting Mania. We're literally getting the game we have been clambering for years for. It's coming this summer. There's no reason for us to shit all over boost fans also getting their game.

The only other scenario I can think of is it's adventure-purists, and if that's the case then I don't even know what to say to those people. Sonic Adventure died with Sonic 2006. That was your adventure 3. I'm sorry. But between Mania and Forces, surely you can find SOMETHING to be happy with.

I just hope the characters aren't just standing around like they did in Generations.

How do I get good at the half pipe in Sonic 2?
Is it really just memorization?
I can't seem to get past the fifth special stage.

06 wasn't Adventure 3, it was 4.

Adventure 3 was Heroes.

That would be appreciated. After all, we reference sonic quite often in our engineering, because goan fast is a lifestyle, and we actually like that you guys can string some words together. We wouldn't want any animosities with you fine velocity-appreciatin' folks.

>How do I get good at the half pipe in Sonic 2?
Just keep doing it over and over.
>Is it really just memorization?
Yes.
>I can't seem to get past the fifth special stage.
You need to create a save state before each special stage and burn the patterns into your skull. There is literally next to zero skill involved with Sonic 2's special stages.
Blue Sphere might not be for everyone, but at least it is completely possible to win every time on the first try if you're good enough. The difference between winning and losing in it is down to the player's thinking. In Sonic 2's half pipe it's literally just Simon says.

sonic heroes was sonic heroes

I'm looking forward to Mania, and I hope at the very least it shuts the classicfags up for a while. The 3D Sonic games are the ones you'd expect to do something different, but instead Forces looks like Uncolorations all over again, at least in the modern gameplay. And why would they bother adding Classic Sonic when there's a better Classic Sonic game coming down the pipe?
Also, is it just me or did that stage look like Soleanna at the beginning of '06?

Unleashed, Colors and Generations are only "nearly identical" if you think all boost games are the same without actually playing them. That's like saying Adventure, Shadow and 06 are "nearly identical."

Colors was a lot slower paced, more focused on Wisps with boost being used sparingly. Generations was the fastest but also the shortest, with boost being given all over the place. Unleashed day levels tended to be longer than Colors and Generations levels but with a lot of "hold boost through this transition corridor" and mid-level miniboss runs, as well as the most pure speed in the franchise when you maxed out the upgrades. All three were distinct with their own nuances and there's no reason to think Forces won't do the same.

The empire will gladly honor that request.

Sonic Heroes played like it's own thing.
If anything, Sonic Boom is Sonic Heroes 2.

EXACTLY
youtube.com/watch?v=oHHWVOl_ApY
This is what I DONT want Sonic Forces to become for the cast, making all the other characters babbling idiots.

this saying heroes is adventure 3 is like saying lost world is boost

I want to know who is writing Forces.

>I want to know who is writing Forces.
Me

Bingo man was right

They're pretty fugly

>you start a level
>they give you a mission to destroy 20 enemies
>you now have to slow down to search every part and make sure you don't run past one
>no fun allowed

I hope they at least have a reason why he's here, It won't be a case of Eggman's conquering the world oh and by the way classic sonic just happens to be here.

If Apotos moved to the Green Hills.

Post yfw the 3rd character is Chris Thorndyke

I'd rather we didn't.

You know I'll probably get shit for the saying this, but penders himself deserves less of the blame then archie themselves do over the legal shit, should he have the right to the characters maybe (I say maybe because global copyright is a fucking joke), but he does at least deserve compensation for the comics he worked on though he's still a talent-less hack

Hopefully without all the modern 2d

>last-gen graphics
So THAT'S how it will run on the Switch!

But I guess 06 looked like a suped up Shadow. And then we got Unleashed. I'm excited.

That sounds like someone else's game.

There is no third character.

I'm just happy the Chaotix are back, they're my favorites

I've seen run animations in Blitz Sonic that look better.

Heheheheh never would happen

Having played all of those games, I disagree. Each of them had their own gameplay aspects that made them distinct. For Adventure, it was getting new moves throughout the story (and using them to find secrets in Adventure 2). Even the level design was different; compare Windy Valley and Speed Highway's roller-coaster style to Final Egg and Lost World's more cramped, close-in platforming.
For Shadow, it was taking different paths, racking up kills, and doing whatever harebrained gimmick the level needed you to do; Central City, The Doom, and Lost Impact almost remind me of really badly designed Knuckles levels.
Sonic '06 was a mess, but it had some open-area platforming (the dark caves in Flame Core, the open snowfield in White Acropolis, etc.) and terrible physics gimmicks. Were they good? Adventure was, Shadow and '06 weren't. But they were very distinct from each other. Meanwhile Uncolorations are pretty much "run in straight line, stop at the occasional 3D area, then semi-randomly switch to 2.5D" in every level in every game.

Hey sounds cool with me! I haven't had a good kiss in years!

Don't we all

You'll get to hear them, at least.

Who is Espio voiced by now? I think they got rid of Troy Baker.

>These games that I played are distinct, but these games I never played aren't
No fucking kidding.

Not an argument.

You say that, but stranger things could happen.

Like a player-created character.

exactly, there's a president

Neither is

>yfw the third character is Donald J.
Trump