Why do people speed...

Why do people speed? All that's going to happen is that you're going to put not only yourself but other drivers on the road at risk because of your reckless driving, and there's a chance that you're either going to get pulled over or get caught by a camera and receive fines/penalties.

Why don't you just follow the law and stay under the speed limit?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/crywuf.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off, Police shill.

I was speeding on the way home, what you gonna do about it?

Because it's fun

Why do people shit post on one of the slowest boards of Veeky Forums just to get 3 seconds of exasperated attention because their parents neglected them when they were young and they were socially ostracized at school?

find u and sex ur anus

Because the speed limit is set artificially low by insurance shills, corrupt municipalities trying to collect stealth taxes, concerned mothers, environmentalists who somehow still think cars are the number one planet killer instead of the number fucking twenty, and basically everyone with an opinion but traffic engineers.

Even the fucking police speed casually.

Now look at Germany. When their speeds are litre they fucking should be, and when they shouldn't be there is no goddamn limit.

It helps when people drive cooperatively instead of trying to emulate the enforcement tactics of third world police, sans guns (usually).

To fuck your wife before you get home

>muh childrens argument

Life is dangerous, get used to it.

You just answered your own question, user.

>under the speed limit

My car is called sonic though.

So I gotta go fast.

Also no speed cameras where i live +low population density =low chance of getting caught once away from population centers

>When their speeds are litre they fucking should be

huh

>mfw live in based germany

The government can limit the speed of your car, but it doesn't do it.. so we are 'free' to do what we want.

>we are free because goverment let us have a little freedom
Fucking commie!
The Goverment takes our freedom, it can´t give us any.

Germans are smarter than Americans

Americans driving more than 50 mph is going to lead to trouble

>When their speeds are litre they fucking should be

Yeah nah. Literally every fucking road that has trees by the side of it has a 70 kph speed limit in my area, even one that's literally just a 10 kilometer straight with no bends or dips or anything. There's a permanent speed camera around halfway and mobile speed traps at random locations along the road every other day.
It's a 10 km straight that connects one village with the other, there's no houses or anything along it, but it has a 70 kph speed limit because somebody once crashed into a tree on a different road in the area. Pic related, it's from an article on the lunacy of the tree based speed limits.

And muh Autobahn isn't as great as foreigners make it out to be either, at any given time 70% of it have speed limits either permanently or due to constant roadworks. And the roadworks usually go on for 5-10 kilometers with a 60 or 80 kph limit. Speed traps placed randomly obviously.

> driving on a road where speedlimits are designed so that the shittiest driver with worn down brakes and 10$ china-tyres can make the corner without braking a sweat

AAHAHAAH YOU ARE GONNA FLIP AND KILL US ALL THE MOMENT YOU GO 1mph OVER THE LIMIT !!!!

On my DD (65km) I encounter 3 construction sites, but speed limits outside of those are pretty much non existent.

Pretty much all of the A1 through Lower Saxony has 120 or 130 kph limits, aside from a handful of three lane stretches, but then even those get 80 or 100 kph limits during rain. A29, same sort of deal. No limit but 80 during rain. A28, pretty much 100 throughout, same for A30 and A33.

Should add to be fair, the 130 kph limits on the A1 are only valid between 6 AM and 10PM. So you can hoon there as much as you want at night I guess.

It keeps me alive where I live. If no one else sped I wouldn't either but I have to in order to not get blocked out of going where I need to.

Yeah, Germans actually have to prove that they can drive a car before getting licensed to drive. Fancy that. Something that America should do, except clapburgers think that driving a car is a right enshrined in their Constitution.

It's fun to do bad things.

Kill you are self

There's a difference in speeding.

I speed all the time.
I go 70MPH in 60 zones, but I do it when I can anticipate conditions.
I don't speed in heavy traffic or in slow traffic with lots of intersections.
I also live in Sweden so roads are very good for speeding when you're not in the big three cities.
Drivers in Sweden have high quality driving schools so you don't have to expect people to act like Russians/Americans and probably worst of all, Australians that road rage over the dumbest things.
When someone speed past me when I'm not speeding I just check him before he's in my ass, check ahead to see if I can leave my lane and let him be on his way so I can continue driving my own pace and not have to think of him any more.

I sped past 3 cops these last two days, going 30-35MPH where it was a 25 zone, one I was over taking and was over taken by the same cop when he spotted a more interesting target than my sleeper, the other two I simply ran past.
Never been stopped, never caused an accident, never road raged, and never got anyone to road rage on me.
Only instigated a 240-250KM/h race against an Audi S6 before on my way to work on a lonely straight in the middle of the night.
Flashed each other as a thumbs up, went our own ways, seen him a couple of time after that as I drive to work in the nightly road.

I speed because I hope one day im going fast enough I wont be able to stop and "accidentally" run over one of those retarded kids who play chicken with traffic on the highway near the school I drive by on the way home from work.

god i want a saab...turbod and pretty

I like my 2004 9-5 Estate
a.pomf.cat/crywuf.webm
Decent 50-120KM/h time for a heavy FWD.

We tried to have better driving tests once, but that was deemed raycis.

Because I have the need for speed

driving fast =/= reckless driving

Logical fallacy: Going the speed limit is more dangerous because the average flow of traffic is moving faster.

The person presenting this argument fails to acknowledge that if everyone else was driving the speed limit, this risk would be nullified. Furthermore, a group of cars traveling slower is safer than a group of cars traveling faster since braking distance is decreased. Going the speed limit is less dangerous.

I go over 100 on roads where the speed limit is 45. Fuck you.

then why no one sets new speed limit, let's say 15mph on high ways? It would be much safer, yay

on the other hand most if not all speed limit numbers date back to like 1960 or so.

Don't you think that tires, suspension and cars in general are infinitely times safer than cars from 1960 era?

BTW loigical fallacy:

>Furthermore, a group of cars traveling slower is safer than a group of cars traveling faster since braking distance is decreased. Going the speed limit is less dangerous.

The slower the traffic the less distance between the cars. Thus less space to manoeuvre and more dangerous.

>15mph
15mph would be pretty safe, but safety isn´t the only factor in transportation.

Stay out of the passing lane and people will stop swerving around your slow ass. Stick to the right hand lane if you want to go 10 under.

>if everyone else was driving the speed limit

Nice hypothetical. I'll be sure to shout down everyone around me so we can all form a nice gridlock of cars going the exact same speed.

Why don't you stop worrying about what the fuck I'm doing

Low speed accidents have a lower risk of injury than high speed ones.

*when

I would really like to see traffic of Germany. I've heard they undergo intense training.

Because it's hard to keep exactly within 5kmh of the speed limit. I once got ticketed for going 59kmh in a 50 zone. Do you think I was speeding intentionally? It was 0:30 am and it was fucking pouring. I was watching the road, not my speed. Speeding tickets are just another Jew tax.

Whatever it is it's not enough to make them perfect. Germans really aren't that much better drivers than burgers but at least they don't have such retarded infrastructure and neglected roads to contest with.

It could just be that they take it for granted after a while like most people and become assholes on the road. Can't say for sure though

Because motorcycle.

If I crash you might get a dent. I'll be too dead to care.