Why don't other countries have unrestricted highways like some parts of the Autobahn do?

Why don't other countries have unrestricted highways like some parts of the Autobahn do?

Because:
>muh safety
>muh fuel consumption
>muh noise

because germany is the best country and they only know how to do things right. Including exterminating the jews.

Because then they can't give speeding tickets

Because minorities can't fucking drive.

I think Montana had that for a while.
Then it went away because much revenue.

*greater germany

The federal republic of germany is pretty bad compared to greater germany.

SPBP

Feds took away their highway funding unless they put in speed limits.

Really? Holy shit I am upset.

Would require dedicated infrastructure rebuilding/upkeep which undermines our capitalistic spirit of taking bribes from companies to choose the contract.
In America's case.
Also would have to be a state-level plan as it could end up you have unrestricted highway through Texas but restricted through the five miles it goes through Oklahoma etc.

Germans are the master race and only they can be trusted to still drive responsibly with speed limits removed.

We used to, specifically Montana used to have unlimited interstates until the federal government stepped into be cunts and dropped the speed limit to 75mph max

luckily it was atleast changed to 85 max recently so going 100mph isnt a huge ticket

No one can fucking drive in fucking Murrika. It's spics, it's nignogs, it's white soccer moms, it's white brotruckers, it's geriatrics.

And guess what, it's no fucking wonder if you keep giving out your licenses in vending machines. Pay thirty bucks and drive an autotragic Ford Focus around the block and you're licensed to pilot almost anything almost anywhere.

Germany is the only one that actually builds their expressways properly.

thick roads and road beds. So the roads stay smooth under heavy use by heavy trucks.

roads are straighter and the curves and inclines are all very gradual. so your car can travel at triple digit speeds in a stable manner.

can confirm

when I got my license the test was piss easy

I have no idea how people fail

I heard somebody got pulled over for speeding on that road one time

the problem with Montanabahn was the law and signage was too vague.

Why has the usa no "left lane is only for overtaking" law?

>I have no idea how people fail
Powertripping DMV workers mostly. I failed my first time because I "pulled up too far" at a stop sign. My hood was 6 fucking feet long because I had a land barge at the time, and I did stop at the stop sign and THEN creep forward so I could see around a bush, but she literally wouldn't even hear me out when I argued it at the end. She kept repeating the same sentence and interrupting me, it was like arguing with a kindergartener.

How you fail because of that.

Hell that was the only thing I got a minus on was pulling out past a bush to see.

Got my license ezpz

Drivers in most other countries are retarded

Less on/offramps on faster autobahn sections

better paved and maintained roads

more gradual curves and longer straights

stricter vehicle inspections

Like I said, it was like arguing with a kindergartener. I think she just wanted to make peoples' lives miserable that day. I took it again with a different guy, did exactly the same shit, and passed. But you can't question these people because DEY WURK 4 DA GUBBAMENT

>stricter vehicle inspections

it's essentially this.

germans are fucking extremely autistic when it comes to vehicle inspections.

>visited germany/belgium/etc a couple years ago
>was talking to a cool guy in a pub
>I brought up how every car I saw was in perfect condition but also shitty 4bangers
>he explained displacement taxes and local inspection standards and how basically everyone has the cheapest brand new economy cars because they have to, maintaining old ones to be legally drivable isn't cost effective
>mfw I showed him a picture of my falling apart rust bucket with a 5 liter V8 and told him I daily it
I have never seen a man so jelly

>everyone has the cheapest brand new economy cars because they have to,
but that's wrong

By "brand new" I mean I rarely saw a car over 5 years old. They were all in like new condition. One head-scratcher exception was a 60's impala with rotting rocker panels. On the autobahn.

>displacement taxes
The displacement tax isnt really that much in germany. The price of sprit you is much more hurting. (~$5.80 the gallon for basic gas)

>everyone has the cheapest brand new economy cars because they have to
Bullshit

>maintaining old ones to be legally drivable isn't cost effective
Not correct. The stuff they inspect isnt really the expensive stuff you have to repair.

The average age of all registrated cars in germany is 9.3 years as of 1st march 2017.

Yes all cars are registrated because we are freedom hating robots.

>somehow dailying a falling apart rust bucket is something to pride yourself in
And that's why you'll always have speed limits, faggot.

Such a car is considered a classic and is exempt from all kinds of taxation.

It's a flat tax of 193€ a year actually, which is more than you'd pay for a modern car with a small engine (50-150€), but far less than you'd pay for an ancient landbarge with a ship anchor engine by the regular calculation scheme (many hundred Euros).

The upside: It's also excempt from emissions testing and urban emissions zones.

The downside: Car has to be in decent condition for its age and has to be stock or modified period-appropriately and within the general vehicle codes.

In the end though it depends on your inspection officer more than anything, because I've seen shit like this with road registration and historic plates before.

Can confirm. Spent a month in a Germany and people know how to drive. The most amazing part was people respect the fast lane. Going 110mph pull into right to let someone going 130 pass. Fuck i love germans and their efficiency.

Meanwhile in the US

>I'm already going the speed limit and you can't legally pass me anyway so I'm just going to stay in the left lane because I'm a self appointed sheriff

>You dare try to overtake ME? I'll fucking show you who owns this fucking road! Self importance issues? Me? Fuck off! *speeds up and cuts you off*

Tfw going 100mph and redlining the engine in shitbox because truck gears

>people respect the fast lane
You get fined 80€ and one point (8 points = losing license)

It's too crowded here to make it legal, but in some parts here it's easy as fuck to reach 200km/h in the rain as our roads are excellent.

Wrong.

Our roads are better than the German roads.
Fucking concrete plates, roads that don't absorb water and no proper drainage, short as fuck exits, fuel stations very spread out.

Where is here?

Your points are all correct.

The Netherlands.

At least I'll have low end torque, cuck

I don't need low end torque, I have emanuel tranny.

Every diesel cuckbox has low end torque

because in the US people have trouble not fucking up 70mph speed limits on freeways like I5

now imagine a big section of freeway with no limit, imagine all the retards in shit heaps doing 100mph

it works in kraut land because they're nazis about cars, getting a license is harder, cars are actually inspected for safety, modded cars still need to pass inspections
in the US in many places someone can get a shitwagon from 1976 with rear drum brakes, rust everywhere and legally drive it

A 3 cylinder 1.0L diesel has enough torque to haul your truck with your mom still in the back.

I'll have to become a senator and make it my life's work to put this into effect in the US

Because they love left lane exits/carpool lanes/etc that make it impossible to feasibly stick to and it would further reinforce the catch 22 of "speeding" being required to "pass" and people would rage about getting ticketed for "passing" because they're exceeding the speed limit

>in the US in many places someone can get a shitwagon from 1976 with rear drum brakes, rust everywhere and legally drive it
So can we, apart from the rust.

>someone can get a shitwagon from 1976 with rear drum brakes, rust everywhere and legally drive it
We can too.

As long as the rust isn't on structural and safety parts.

My car has rear drum brakes, 155mm narrow tires and ESP.
It is legal to drive it as fast as it can here in germany...

*no ESP