It's certainly fast, but why is it so BIG? When is Honda going to make something small and good looking again?

It's certainly fast, but why is it so BIG? When is Honda going to make something small and good looking again?

Other urls found in this thread:

business-standard.com/article/companies/five-cars-fail-safety-test-116051700433_1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=B0OTEZDAb9c
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Safety.
Never.

i ask the same question about this.

>When is Honda going to make something small and good looking again?

Never ever for the Amerifat market

GROW BIG CIVIC GROW

when a car looks small next to a midget you know it's 2smol4murrica

>That sudden evaporation of visibility

Once between gen 7 and 10 the windows just disappear

>tfw no new material that replaces carbon fiber or new material science that makes it affordable so we can do away with plastic in cars

I mean, Honda can definetly make a V12 Supercar that is light as fuck and moves like a beast.

However, WHO will fucking buy it when its has a price tag of 400 grand?

Nobody because they can't move a car that costs half as much and half as many cylinders

Oh hey its a subaru

Because it's sold in Europe too right?

They legally can't anymore. Safety standards have gone way up, and some of it is stupid AF. You'll never see anything resembling a 1990's Honda ever again

>muh road safety standards boogeyman
Explain modern sportcars like the Corvette, or the Miata.

I really wish that were the case, but the unfortunate reality is that this is what sells. This bloated, soap-bar, no-window design language is what normies like to buy, and this influences the car industry a lot more than any safety standards ever will.

At then end of the day, Honda knows there's more money in selling even their from-factory riced-out enthusiast race car to normies than to the "enthusiast" market, if only because of the simple math of population sizes. When a company says "enthusiast", they don't actually mean a dedicated fan of something, they mean that tryhard, wannabe consumer buying shit for the sake of owning an object they legitimately believe improves their social value. And not are there simply more of those mooks, those people also happen to have more money than your average late-teen, early-20's Honda fanboy.

Like I said, I wish it wasn't that way, but them's the breaks.

The corvette is bloated and pigfat

>'62 C1 corvette, 3065lbs
>'17 C7 corvette, 3347lbs
>boogeymen

You're retarded and not worth talking to. You aren't interested in having a discussion, you're interested in winning an argument, and I won't waste my time with your pseudo-intellectual, uninformed bullshit.

>3347lbs isnt pigfat

You are just proving the the corvette has always been pigfat

The same people who bought the LFA.

Everyone is shitting on modern cars without realizing that foreign countries (and some of them are sold here) still have reasonably sized cars
>suzuki alto
>vw gol
>mitsubishi mirage
the small cars have undergone a name change, unfortunately the civic and the corolla are dead along with what toyota and honda used to be.

this car makes me want to rip my vape so hard

All they have to do is fix the back to make it look like an actual hatch and not a sedan and it would be much better

Why do you like small? I don't like the s2000 because it's simply too fucking small it completely ruins having any presence on the road in the states. Everyone drives big trucks here. You wanna merge? Tough luck kiddo you can squeeze in behind me!!

imagine how much faster it'd be if it were RWD though

Pigfat is 3500+

lol maybe in flyover states where everyone is angry because their lives suck
in real america, people let my mr2 in all the time.

I agree

I just want a 200-220hp K20 variant with a 8200 rpm redline in a Honda Fit. Stock fucking suspension. Good rubber. And a short shifter. That's it.

Didn't Toyota do the same with the LFA?

Go be fat somewhere else

My DD is a 5000lb Lexus. Shit is tooo big. I just want right, light, and tossable on the weekends.

Yeah for a sedan

Not a two seat "sports car" for retired police captains in America

that thing is ugly af. the 2018 sti looks way better.

I can't believe retards like you are given Internet access

fr is outdated, grandpa

People actually choose FWD? I just assumed it was poor people and women who didn't know any better.

I'm a Honda fanboy and this garbage is the biggest letdown of the century. The SI is SO MUCH BETTER LOOKING. What the fuck Honda??

>make 2.0 turbo pretty fast car
>make it reach about 170 mph
>one of the best FF cars out there
>still no double wishbone suspension

Is it really that fucking hard? you already go out of your way for a fucking sports car (yes, sports car regardless of what anti FWD fags say) why the fuck not use the best suspension system out there.

Looks is all WRXs have doing for them anymore.

Too slow to be worth a damn.

>not liking superior interior space and stability for the touge

multilink > double shitbone

Multilink? You mean McPherson?

Its slightly lighter but still suffers from less suspension customization and camber based on ride height.

Its no surprise literally every group C race car for asphalt runs double wishbone on all 4 wheels.

you want to know the difference between a "group c race car" and a civic type R?

The race car is a dedicated racing application vehicle that isn't driven daily on city roads, and the other is designed to have race car like capabilities but maintain a daily driven, city car aspect

now figure out which one is which and piss off you cry baby faggot

i am not even gonna take you seriously until you genuinely give me a reason why double wishbone is even inferior for the streets in any way.

double wishbone costs more to develop, is more complicated in design and takes up more space on the vehicle

Macpherson is much more simple to implement, lowering costs and making suspension maintenance cheaper and easier on the technicians.

Alto 800 has shit for safety standards and it pretty much has 0/5 stars for ANCAP safety rating.
Mulan sauce:
business-standard.com/article/companies/five-cars-fail-safety-test-116051700433_1.html

Again. A fucking sportscar.

We are not making shit econoboxes. Your car is supposed to be a track/tougay ready machine that reaches 170mph.

Who cares if it costs more and its more complicated. Takes up more space? with an FF and the size of the type R and how small you can make a good double wishbone that's not even important.

Not that its perfect either, because as you stated, it stopped being used because mcpherson is cheaper, but again: FUCKING SPORTSCAR-DONT CHEAP OUT ON THEM.

and if they didnt cheap out on them, the price would go up and it could no longer compete because it's in a price segment of cars far mar superior.
You have to trim the fat somewhere and the use of modern macpherson designs is just one of the ways to do this.

If you have to trim out the fat you make the car smaller or remove some unneeded shit or make the engine less powerful.

Again, the fact that it achieves 170 mph its nice, but its a FF type R, its supposed to be a track or hill car.

Why even have a turbo? hell, why even use the cam advance just for low RPM? just to save fuel in the low end RPM?

There are many things that the new type R is doing wrong i think. The lack of double wishbone is one of them. I worked as a city mechanic, and let me tell you that working with double wishbones is a fucking wonder. Any tune they need you just install a small metal plate and you are fucking done.

I mean, the new type R is not bad looking, although ricy, but i really feel that honda just missed the fucking spot.

>broke FWD record at Nurburgring
>missed the spot

>the car's engine is set for efficiency instead of achieving high power with little to no lag
>has cheap compact suspension design mcpherson with double linkage instead of going with double wishbone

Yeah they missed the spot. I dont care about the numbers.

>not caring about the numbers
Sounds like you're the one missing the spot

>hurr durr the car is faster on the nur than any other of its class therefore its perfect and cannot be improved upon
You still think that i am missing the point? the suspension could have been better. The engine could have been more powerful, the car could have been lighter. And that tri-exhaust is retarded and only for looks.

I'd hate to crash in one but it's a nice little car.

Damn that thing looks cool. I want one.

Honda still has the fit, and Toyota has the Corolla iM cars.

>What is Acura RSX type S for 500 Alex

I bought a new 2016 corolla. I'm paying $800 a month so that I'll have it paid off in a year. I fucking hate the pos, and I'll have about a $35k budget for my next buggy. I need it new or super low miles, and with a big enough back seat for 3 overweight kids. Also, it needs to have balls. I got my doors blown off by a fucking minivan! I need advice. And a divorce

You need to send your kids to the gym.

I have a '14 hatchback and live up in the high rockies. I have an absolute blast

This. Fuck Macpherson struts and multilink.
>overly simple front suspension that proves unstable when cornering on any slightly bumpy surface
Definitely made for lap times on a track, because they're slightly lighter and cheaper to make so profits go up for the company. Lame.
>overly complex rear suspension that usually has undesirable characteristics, with only a few exceptions
Multilink has the potential to be tuned even more precisely than double wishbone, depending on its complexity and the course, but nothing provides the flexibility or feel of double wishbone

If you care about lap times on a car that you want to street race or touge, then you're retarded. Macpherson has limits and those limits are called road irregularities. If you're only going to track the car, then you better get a good suspension tuner.

Well, they were going to make an AWD V10, weren't they?

youtube.com/watch?v=B0OTEZDAb9c

Toyota had V12 engines and some fucker bought a supra and swapped one in. He got denied into the midnight club because they thought he was reckless.

>the car's engine is set for efficiency instead of achieving high power with little to no lag
>has cheap compact suspension design mcpherson with double linkage instead of going with double wishbone
>still blows the pants off of porsches, lamborghinis, zondas, jags and ferraris
Really gets my noggin' joggin'

>>still blows the pants off of porsches, lamborghinis, zondas, jags and ferraris
[citation needed]

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
Here you go friend :)

>faster than the slower pagani

gg.

Still, the car could always be better had honda not be retarded.

it's just not honda it's fucking normies wanting retarded specs in their everyday spazwagons which need to a) be massive so they feel strong and powerful on the road b) look like a concept car with impractical wheels/lights/bodykit so the car is now obese and needs turbos etc. to move itself and c) don't know jack shit about mechanics bc they play with the screen in the dash and just take it to the main dealer when it goes wrong before changing it in after 3 years

fuck normies, because cars are now so reliable they don't have to care about them we end up with this shitty automotive lowest common denominator bland shit, no more light yet reliable 90s/2000s cars only plastic blobs with super tight tolerance engined homomobiles now

possibly you are right.

That's what i like about the old type R, you know? the first civic type R.

Its hard for you to find any much to improve on that model. Yet on the new one we have 3 exhaust tips just for the sake of aesthetics and sound.

i just get so triggered man, i've driven a load of pre-2008 cars and they have all been great, the peak of balance between safety, reliability, fun to drive, yet also easy enough to repair at home

i know a guy with a 2013 nissan that has keyless entry that will open the car but won't always start it so he has to walk away and come back until it starts bc there is no physical key, and the bmw garage near me is always full bc of the shit timing belts and cheese suspension

fucking normies only want the latest model and the nice badge, they give all the people who actually care about good cars the shaft bc the manufacturers only build shit now

old civic type r (pre-2005 8th gen) is better in every way than every model since, ask me how i know

as if a larger car would help. if you want to merge into traffic there are only two ways to do it that i have found:

have a beat to FUCK pos truck with bigass steel tube bumpers that everybody knows will wreck their shitbox into oblivion and is worth fuckall. they know they will lose that fight

or have a tiny car and cram yourself into tight spaces whether they like it not.

i have both. big bloated sedans are nothing but annoying for dealing with traffic. theyre shit at everything.

>ask me how i know
no.

Im a transportation design grad student and I can assure you we will never have anything small again. There will be small cars but they will be fat and bloated.
Sorry friend

>multilink front suspension

have fun with that.

it's fucking stupid, the last real small car from the first world was the citroen c1/107/toyota aygo and even then it was pretty much euroland exclusive, yeah there are shitty tata nanos etc. but who really cares

normies are making their cars as fat as them now

Fuck normies man. They're ruining everything. The world needs to be covered in nerf foam for them, and they are willing to give every liberty they have for some fake security. Seriously, you ask people what their hobbies are today and you hear Netflix or clubbing.

FEW
SIMPLE
MODS

cars are a mirror of a society, today's cars are covered in screens and shiny lights, are needlessly aggressive and selfishly large, powered by unreliable plastic shit that will go fast and deliver good economy for the first owner and then be scrap shortly after

i'm reeeeeing but serious

>citroen c1/107/toyota aygo
I'm not bothered about size so much as those cars looking like formless blobs compared to the cars of old.

To quote a wise user:"
Nobody thinks for more than a second about what you enjoy before just deciding that they hate it. It doesn't matter how sacred it may be, or the place it holds, once the world finds it you can kiss it goodbye. My city, this country, and our world are all changing at a breakneck pace. What cannot be enjoyed by everyone is either dumbed down until it can be, or destroyed so nobody can have it at all. If you enjoy something that's considered crude by 2017 standards (like fast cars) and dont have the money to wall yourself off, you are nothing more than a new societal ill waiting to be cured. What you value will be twisted into a new story to sell about a new problem to fix. It'll be something people complain about, something a politician uses to prove he does something (much to the delight of the complainers that keep him in office). It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when they come for your sacred place too."

Add the Chevy(Korean built) spark and the Smart Fourtwo to that list.

Shame no one offers smaller city/kei/supermini class cars in the US with some get up, quality fit/finish, and modern amenities that compact/sub-compact cars offer these days. At the US has decent motorcycles and bicycles for fun low cost A-B commuters.

i imagine being 'into' cars will be on a level comparable with casual discrimination in our enfaggoted globo-homo future, only your grandad likes petrol engined pollution producing deathtraps, everyone rides ethnic peace bicycles now

>17137845

i'm a euro so at least we have some small cars kicking around, but even small cars are getting fatter now, new polo is as big as a golf so they bring in the up to replace the polo and so on.

it will never end, even when electric and self-driving cars never happen normal cars will keep getting shitter

I'm pretty sure it will be viewed the same as collecting nazi shit.

i would like to know what will replace them though, electric cars are a false economy, will everyone be forced onto public transport or a bicycle? fuck that

I know. And everything has to be so isolating to drive. No wonder top gear went to shit so quickly in the later seasons. There wasn't anything actually engaging or exciting coming out.
That's wise as fuck. I couldn't have described it any better myself. This applies to guns, video games, cuisine, hunting (remember when Jimmy Kimmel faked crying on air over some stupid lion?), non professional sports, jobs, the list goes on. Fuck this gay earth

Scion iQ?

more like Scion Low IQ lmao

they are ok but really a smart car with a park bench taped to the back, not in the same league imo

>is now a four seater, will this do xD?

I don't know.
I just know that we won't enjoy it.

America has to have big round cars because of the qualification needed to drive is basically passing a vision test and a literacy test.

you are the ebil petro-nazis, get in our soylent plastic bodied future prius or remain a BIGOT shitlord

>having to pass a vision test

Nah not really, back when I got my license, they passed me despite me failing my vision test because I "was nervous" according to the proctor. A few crashes and then a pair of glasses later, haven't had an issue since.

T.burgerlord

Soap bar design maybe, but a lot of that is aerodynamic. They're looking for every last mpg nowadays, and regulations might go even worse. As for the visibility, yes it sucks, and a lot of that is bad design that could get better. But the bulk of it is cost. One of the easiest ways to spot a more expensive car is how easy it is to see out of for the driver. For example, look at a chevy traverse next to the car it.shamelessly rips off, the audi q7. Right off the bat you can see the audi provides half again as.much to double the glass surface as it faces the driver.

The reason is that glass is the most expensive part per square foot of a car to put together. Even with quarter panels being mosntrosities that they are, glass is a bitch, a windshield replacement will go over 1k on a shit box sedan easy. So making a car more out of plastic = profit, especially when you have to market it under 30k usd.

I don't know. In big cities like mine all we have is negroes from somalia and city cucks. The somalians don't let you merge because they're bumper licking while texting. And the whites are fully cucked into mobile facebook, so it's no use driving anywhere near them.

mainly bc manufactures are unwilling to make anything slightly square anymore, producing glass with mad curvatures is expensive so we now have this shit

normies have a lot to answer for

might be able to fit if I rest my beer belly on the passenger seat.

I don't know, the smart and newer mini sell like crazy in dc. It's just one is waaaay too small and the other is basically a luxury purse for women and gays.

It's a good question as to whether size or curvature isn't he first influence in cost. But I definitely see the high dollar kraut cars around and they male me self conscious as to the viewing angles.

The other thing though is the body angles. Like anons are saying everything is so fat. The amount of distance you have e to judge to the left and right of the wheel in a modern car is outrageous. We honestly need all around sonar with a toggle switch to show oncoming paths. People scream at me all the time in dc for going too slow in between squeezes but they get hit themselves all the time.

I scrape up against some piece of metal sticking out in my parking garage (big surprise a nigger ran his suv into the I'd card reader) and boom, one scratch on my quarter panel is a 1000 dollar job. I pay it myself or let my premiums go through the roof after still paying 500 deductible for a giant wedge of plastic that bolts on.

i've driven 2014 and 1996 model renault clios and the 2014 model is hateful, you can't see shit out of the back window and the car has weird love handles over the rear wheels which you need to remember when squeezing your way along cramped euroroads

also the nose is 2 foot longer than you expect it to be, 1996 car is a box with windows and you can see every corner

the sonar solution is a step in the wrong direction imo, manufacturers stopped publishing diagrams like the pic in brochures bc no-one wants to have a car that's harder to see out of but normies don't give a shit bc it's shiny and new

massive glass areas aren't impossible, look at early 70s buick rivieras or 66-ish barracudas, i think it's mainly fashion and also for the crash ratings (the tests are getting harder remember)

downhill from here boyos

To be fair the Type R civics were pretty good up to the fd2 (japan) or the ep3 (Europe).

The European ep3 replacement was the first silly one with all flash and no dash bullshit.

The ek2 at least performs well, unlike that Euro abomination that was literally slower than the car that it replaced.

But yes, these last two models are giving us all some red flags. The latest one specially, with it's fake air vents. I still can't believe that Honda of all brands would do something like this.