youtube.com/watch?v=wWRXTlDuZtM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*smile and wave*
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZqxunZNxyQ

>always loved wide tires with bulging sidewalls
>really liked that movie when I was a lil shit

Now I know why I like those wheels

>new herbie remake
>slammed bug with hella camber and stretched tires blasting trap while the driver is sippin lean and poppin xannies, driving around town making drops on keys of coke
I'd watch this

Those movies influenced my car tastes more than I'd like to admit.
I'd actually like to see a sequel where Herbie ends up in the D1 Grand Prix or Global RallyCross. I imagine VW would help sponsor one around Global Rallycross since VW races the current Beetle in GRC, so it could be used to help promote the current bug too.
youtube.com/watch?v=lATcuoNHEn0

I can deeply understand why people hate on this cars, but fuck me, once you have one yourself, that lil shit is a LOT of fun

>tfw they make herbie sad and he runs off into the dark by himself and he gets lost in the fog

I've been told that if you reverse these, they can go up almost any angle incline. Because of the rear engine (although I don't believe it to be true)

>yfw Herbie has bipolar disorder and actually attempts suicide in the first movie.

Myth. Doesn't work. Family friend has a '71.

What, because the engine is over the drive wheels for weight and thus traction?
The engine in those fucking things can be lifted out by hand by a regular guy.

People say that because the reverse ratio is short as fuck. The 1st is too, so they can climb alright for such an underpowered car.

Can this be a Beetle thread now?

Q: why do they turbo the new ones? And why are they front engine now? Like wtf.

The new ones are FWD because they're based on the Audi TT (not the Golf as VW will tell you. The TT is a variant of the Golf but the hard points on the front subframes are different between the Golf/Jetta and the Beetle/TT.
To make a new Beetle RWD would've required an entirely new chassis, which VW didn't have the money to develop especially considering the New Beetle was primarily engineered by VW North America, which was struggling at the time and considering pulling out of the US market entirely. The New Beetle helped save VW in America.
All the hype over the 1994 VW Concept One Concept car (that eventually became the Beetle) drove people in droves to long-suffering VW dealers where they bought Jetta's and Golf's while waiting for the Beetle to launch.
VW Germany wanted nothing to do with the New Beetle and said the car could only be put into production if it used an already existing chassis, ruling out RWD.

As to why a Turbo model even exists. People complained the original New Beetle was slow with the 2.0L SOHC 8V or the 1.9L TDI. I'd like the point out though that the newest Beetles are all turbocharged. You can't get a N/A bug anymore. 1.8L Turbo, or 2.0L Turbo are your options now.

Boy that's real odd. I mean if it got the success then more power to them but I liked how odd they were back in the day. And if the new ones turbod do that for them then awesome too. It's just odd to me that they advertise that they're turbod, as if their target demographic will really know or care.

>It's just odd to me that they advertise that they're turbod, as if their target demographic will really know or care.
With the 2012 redesign, they're trying to entice more male buyers into a Beetle. That's why it got more angular, and aggressive. If they can't meet the sale goals with the 2012+ Beetle, it will be dropped at the end of its life cycle.
Besides. They make great sleepers.
youtube.com/watch?v=wWRXTlDuZtM

Truth,

I drive a current gen Beetle.
Fast AF and catches peoples attention well enough.

Because hipsters who are too hip to be cool and old rags who owned the thing couldn't be arsed to learn how to maintain it nor wanted to live/seen in a manual, small and simple car.

But isn't that what the gti achieves? Are they trying to double dip into the same market with two fwd turbod 4 cylinders? I'm not arguing against it or dislike the cars, it just seems strange logic to me

talking to my parents, they seem fun in retrospect and when youre getting one by choice and not necessity due to poverty. lots of praise for being easy to work on, lots of disdain for shitting out and being deathtraps. van would almost get blown over going across bridges. my dad did like his karmann ghia a lot more though.

>Are they trying to double dip into the same market with two fwd turbod 4 cylinders?
Nope. Show me a new 2 door VW you can buy besides the Beetle. Scirocco isn't sold in America.

Ah ok, the coupe vs hatchback makes a difference for it then. Fair enough

The Beetles main competitors in the market are the recently killed off Scion tC, the Hyundai Veloster, and the Honda Civic Coupe.

i would say the mini is.

Kinda sorta. the Mini, Fiat 500, and Beetle definitely have the retro hatchback coupe market to themselves but I'd argue each one occupies a different niche.
The Fiat is for women and audiophiles (Dat exhaust note). The Mini is for BMW badgewhores. and the Beetle can be argued as being for enthusiasts.

It's funny, i don't know which country you're from, here in Brazil, they hold a lot of value due to nostalgia and being reliable as reliable gets. Even families who had to have them, due to having no other option, have a sweet spot for the little shitter.
I can see people disliking them, I understand many of the concerns, but I don't see myself selling mine, if ever.

bump

>Overtakes you
Uh, yea, I'm walking

Well, now you can go home and tell momma you were faster than a 40 years old econobox.

One of these shits merged into the middle lane going 30 mph almost caused me to hit that piece of shit.

>what are brakes

>What is merging on a highway
>30mph
>implying I didn't brake

dumb drivers drive every kind of car. We don't have many "highways" in the same sense as the american ones, and I usually drive around 60-70 mph on mine, so there's that.

Man, this movie give me my first boner for an actress, and taste for classic cars
I still dont know why is 4.1/10

Because Lindsay snorted the rest of it rating.

Because the acting was really bad.
Production quality was great though so idk why.

As much as I like the car in the movie, the movie itself is trash. At least the original one was more "light hearted" I guess.

Even as a Herbie fan, her acting was bad. Production quality and the special effects were great though.

There were rumors all throughout production of the movie they considered replacing her with Hilary Duff since Lindsay was always partying. I honestly kinda wish they went that route. I always thought Duff was a better actress.

I didnt ask for this feels
>tfw this movie was aired like Teen Titans go on my tv

"Winks at you"

Disgusting

Nice ass

T. Herbie

witnessed

Is this the thread for the greatest car ever made?

yes it is.