>8 cylinders
>only 350 hp

American engineering

>5.7
>12 cylinders
>only 220hp on a good day

European engineering.

That's because shit talking it is pic related

That's the performance characteristic of push rod engines, high displacement, low revving. Maybe no the absolute basics of what you're discussing before posting next time?

Case in point

>I was only pretending to be baited

It's 2017 and Jap cars STILL don't make that much power lol

Every car it comes in is dog shit
So thus the engine is dog shit by association

sounds awful
horrible efficiency
cant make good power without being built to high hell

300hp isnt even a lot lmao

300hp before boost isn't a lot? Huh, didn't know.

in what world is that a lot
especially from a 5.7L

thats embarrassing as hell

Coming from the fucking idiots that can't get 400hp out of a $100k car... That's a lot considering it's a reliable truck engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDSQHgVilcw

Chevrolet was putting out a horsepower per cubic inch back in the 50s... But then came the dark times... Then came CARB.

stolen existing ford tech. enough reason for you?

I don't think anyone actually hates the LS family of engines, since they aren't bad.

I think people hate the endless fanboyism over an engine the primary benefits of which are 1) being cheap and 2) it'll fit in lots of platforms that have smaller engines, like i4 sub-3L engines which for some reason get it talked up to being this sublime supermachine handed down from god himself.

For the same money (~$10,000), you can get a K series Honda engine to put out near or above 500hp. Coincidentally, we also tell Honda fanboys to neck themselves when they bring this up, but only because being a fanboy is fucking annoying. No one with a brain is going to deny that the Honda K series engines are good, but no one with a brain is going to put up with a rabid fanboy.

tl;dr--the engines are fine, the fans are what people hate

its not impressive at all

its godawful

generic V6 family sedans almost make 300 and are infinitely more reliable

I know youre just a shit troll but money =/= hp lmao

gross hp is irrelevant

I'm not mad at 427ci/505hp..

But I'm going to push for 100hp/l on this.

not really

/thread

They mostly make kei cars and econoboxes nowadays

because shitposters can't accept that it's just a compact yet powerful V8. They think because it has pushrods it's a terrible engine.
Also shitposts talk shit about the LS because gm babies get baited far too easily.

>we
yuros and weebs sperg over it due to butthurt, but real car guys love the ls.
top engine friendo,
top engine!

Under 10k is LS3 money, why are you talking about the LS1? unless you mean LS1 f-bodies.

Case in point

What is that american suspension off of? It looks like a normal double wishbone type. And why is the axle above the leaf spring in the yuronip?

case in point c7

Because he has autism

>why is the axle above the leaf spring in the yuronip?
that's called spring under

there's spring over and spring under. Spring over is when the spring packs are above (over) the axle

Please don't respond to prezo, soviet, or alphonse, but you seem genuine so I'll give you a genuine answer. That's the corvette c7 rear suspension. It uses a single transverse leaf spring as a sway bar and spring. This is done to give the car more trunk space despite having a transaxle because of how they can mount the leaf down low or something like that.

kek no car guy likes the LS

LS is for casuals with no skills

Also Euros (Fiat) basically started the whole leaf springs setup like that

*as an additional sort of sway bar
That's what I get for typing too fast.

Case in point

that's a pretty neat way to kill two birds with one stone. thanks for the answer

interesting. I thought that all leaf spring suspension setups were spring over.

Yeah GM knows a thing or two about killings

>no car
i like it.

t. car guy

nah youre just a casual

>Drives a safe car like a good little cuck

Explains why you guys like images of little girls so much.

Nah, full blown enthusiast since diapers.

I like how the LS can pack as much power (or more) as the Coyote but in a much smaller package. Maybe that's why so many people use it in their swaps?

because they have no talent or imagination and dont care about the car

just casuals who want their kicks

reeee

My lie is actually valuable

>More power
Wrong

this. lmao pathetic

The Coyote surpassed it. The LS Juan was probly the best bang for your buck until the Coyote came around.

Did you ever think that's just not the case? I'm a Ford guy (ford family yadda yadda) but I simply can't imagine trying to shove a DOHC 5.0L V8 into a miata or something like . It just wouldn't fit without major modification. the beauty of the LS is it's relatively small compared to other V8s. It's even smaller than some V6s.
>>More power
>Wrong
pic related. sourced from each manufactures "performance" website. The ford is the "highest end" crate engine offered by them and the chevy isn't the most powerful one they sell or the weakest. The most powerful NA LS offered by Chevrolet is the LSX454R which pumps out 776HP.

I can't either. It's a dumb idea and the amount of weight that poorly distributed is going to lead to some serious steering problems and ruin the entire handling dynamic. Slap a turbo in there and that's another story

I could get 400hp out of a $500 Ford five point slow and $800 in parts, naturally aspirated.

Fucking retard, 300hp for under 10k Jesus Christ

yet people have put stuff like big blocks into VW Beetles and Fiats

its just a case of casuals not having the skill or wish to build a good car

$10k for a turnkey crate engine fucktard... It's obviously going to be a fuckload cheaper if you build it yourself. Look at the plethora of "junkard LS builds" on Youtube and see if you think the 5.0 still competes.

I'll bite
>v6 boosted the nuts off of built by ferrari is more reliable than a under stressed motor that was used as a base for truck motors

Ya sure bud. You are either retarded or just a shit troll.

There is no production LS enginenthat makes more power N/A than the 5.2, no forced induction LS that makes more power then the 5.8

>B-but crate
Ford offered 1200hp cammer engines to NHRA privateers

>GM cant keep up with an engine from the 60's

you are legit retarded and lack basic reading comprehension

go figure you like the Literally Shit

>valuable life
>spends it posting anime girls and shitting up threads

Sure thing bud

>literally mad at a more reliable motor built nearly 20 years ago is still being widely used for cheap power and durability.

Don't worry. Your bus will soon be swapped with an LS.

so much tryhard cringe

:eyeroll

but when you get to that point it's not just an engine swap. In the instance of the beetle you'd pretty much be building a whole new car. You'd have to relocate the engine to the front and run a drive shaft which would require a tunnel and differential, you'd have to redo the entire suspension setup as well as brakes, and figure out how to cool the whole setup. Not to mention trying to find a place for the transmission and fuel tank.

>5.2
526hp
>5.8
535hp
>1200hp
You mean the 11.9L V8? I can't believe the madmen ever built this. Anyways the LSX454R will make well over half the performance well only being 7.4L in displacement. Heck, sloppy mechanics was able to get ~1000hp from a junkyard LS with over 200000 miles on it.

woops fucked up my post a little bit.
>5.2
526hp
>5.8
535hp
The LS376/515 makes 533hp from factory. That's about on par with the fords.

And 450ftlb of torque that's turbo level

Also easy to get 500hp with a cam

yup

casuals dont care about the car so they wont put in any real work

LS is pretty garbage when you look into it

>LS is pretty garbage when you look into it
care to elaborate?

You seem to have a post style that's fairly recognizable across threads. would you consider a name/trip?

>huge 5,7L
>dosn´t fit in most cars
>inefficient af fuck
>can´t handle WOT ner rev limit for long

It is only hughe engine that is made cheap.

I see a car from an American company with a French name and a car from a French company with a Jewish name.

As someone who has a 19 year old ls that still makes 350rwhp your all full of shit.

It is true that a stock ls1 isn't that fast but they are reliable and good on gas.

Most Importantly my car only cost $2500 and only had 130k miles on it not many other cars are that fucking cheap for 300rwhp and 450ftlb

Add a basic lumpy cam and boom 450-550 rwhp and even more with 10psi of boost your looking at 600+ on stock internals

Yay more bullshit I can debunk

I've been Wot my ls to 6500 every day for 2 years.

Just keep the oil up to it it's very happy and relaxed

doesnt make good power *especially for the size
cant make good power without being built
inefficient
iffy reliability

subjective they are the worst sounding V8 ever

theyre fuckboi engines for casuals

>done triggered him so much he wants me to trip

lmao

I mean like 3 hours driving on the Autobahn at full speed, not just accelerating at WOT:

If u need wot on The Autobahn your driving it wrong.

T. 2.98 final drive

But yeah I've had it wot for 2-3+ hours not a single issue

Ahhh euro's always go to the displacement when the 5.7 is physically smaller than a European or Japanese DOHC V6 and gets better mpg's too. And that's not even looking at the endless aftermarket and power potential for the V8.

There's literally LS powered motorcyles.. You can make it fit in anything.

LS powered boats will run at full throttle all day long and burn through 300+ liters of gas in a day. Rock bouncers have no problems staying on the rev limiter with no airflow.

See, I told you about the assmad

I like how the only way people can defend an LS is when theyre modified to high hell lmao

fucking garbage

>If u need wot on The Autobahn your driving it wrong.
If you don´t WOT at high, you are too slow and get passed by, most likely, a Audi...

That's the whole fucking point... That's why it's superior to some tiny, high strung and stressed engine for tuning potential.

Are you some kind of cuck who leases and drives stock econoboxes or something? Why are you here?

Uh mine is completely stock and I'm more than happy with it your a faggot

its superior because its garbage

got it

even the fans know its shit

>doesnt make good power *especially for the size
But they (at least on paper) pump out about the same power as the larger (size wise) DOHC ford motors. Unless you mean displacement.
>inefficient
the 6.2 ecotec and 5.3 ecotec get better fuel economy than the 5.0 coyote though.
>iffy reliability
I can't say whether the quality is good or not because I haven't looked deeply into that.

I'm Aussie and mainly do touge so I doubt it

LS1 is still a great motor even after 20 years. Small, great power, great reliability, even good on gas.

>5.7 is physically smaller than a European or Japanese DOHC V6
Not smaller than the VR-6.
>gets better mpg's too
Not if both use similar gearboxes.
>LS powered motorcyles
That ugly thing wich can´t into WOT, isn´t realy a motorcycle.
>LS powered boats will run at full throttle all day long and burn through 300+ liters of gas in a day
Not at full rpm...

Ls1 can't make that power on stock internals falcunt you silly Billy

uh its obvious Im talking about displacement

physical size doesnt mean anything

its not efficent theyre just in cars with 2 overdrives lmao

they have plenty of problems you have to fix to make them live

It's not though. A 6.2 Silverado is faster to 60 than 98% of the cars on the roads in Europe. You don't get to say anything when a pickup truck is keeping up with your "sports cars".

Oh wow it's not like heads and bottom end costs nothing.

T. Poopoopolice

Go wrap ur lebo spec xr6turbo Ute round a pole

Not uncommon at all.

>caring about 0-60
Low speed acceleration is worthless, handling and topspeed are more important when you drive on a highway and want to be fast.

Lol the ass hurt from these guys is hilarious

you dont get to say anything when you think sports cars are about acceleration while making up random shit like some cringey kid

>6.2L Silverado

goddamn a pigfat luxury SUV with a 3.0L inline 6 from Europe is faster than a 6.2L shitbox truck

ayy lord you guys are the most braindead knuckledraggers

The VR6 is a fucking piece of shit. The boat anchor weighs as much as a LS and puts out 200hp.
Yes. A V8 boat will run at full rpm all day. Do you even into boats over there? Or is that against sharia law or something?

Okay. Well it's still faster from 60-100mph than a 50hp diesel... It handles fine at those speeds too.

Random Lexus LS 460 made 386 hp from a 4.6 V8

>Sharia law
Kek

T. 60% white American

T. 79% white Australian

Of course it made good power its a ls

This thread is so good the ls1 and manual meme made me buy and build my current car.

Manual V8 master race

yeah and they were making 300hp from a 4.0 during the 90s too lmao

>uh its obvious Im talking about displacement
well I mean many people get them because of the small physical size. Excuse my misinterpritation.
>physical size doesn't mean anything
Isn't the size of the engine the big reason why gm sticks to the mostly outdated pushrod?
>its not efficent theyre just in cars with 2 overdrives lmao
lmao then gm knows how to gear their vehicles better :^))))))

>VR-6 beeing shit
It is litteraly a 6-cylinder as small as a 4-cylinder...
>V-8 boat running full rpm all day
No boat runns full power all the time...
>sharia
Says the nigger...
>100mph
As I said, nobody cares about low speed acceleration.
What happens above 200km/h matters, especialy in corners.

It's expected.

I'm happy with my 320HP/402lb-ft petrol 4banger to be honest and while I know the we ate engines can produce more, I'm not that interested in paying 2.71x more tax for a 5.7 liter engine when my 2.3 liter does enough for me.

many people get them because they lack the talent or money to use a good engine

they do it because its cheap
theyre best V8s were DOHC

nah they do it caveman style by giving it useless gears that just werk

and they still get abysmal mpg for that

Holy kek they started sperging about migrants

Pushrods push gods.
4 speed more speed.
4 doors more whores.
No replacement for displacement.