How true is this image?

How true is this image?

Other urls found in this thread:

historynet.com/perspectives-stalingrad-foes-meet-again-november-97-world-war-ii-feature.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirtschaftswunder
youtube.com/watch?v=w9ms2WOZi74
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/See_You_in_the_Next_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not very true, russia is not a prime destination for german tourists

Captured German soldiers tended to die in POW/labour camps, so not very likely.

Mind you, the same was true for captured Soviet soldiers.

Test

Didn't two thirds of all German Pows survive?
Think that was better than for the Russian Pows, who I am rather sure generally had to chose between taking arms for the Germans or starving to death.

>russia is not a prime destination for german tourists
Not tourists in general, but plenty of former soldiers visited their old battlefields though.

Yeah, I heard William the conqueror once went back to Hastings when he was an old man and laid a wreath at the grave of Harold. Makes you think what would have happened had they both survived the 1230s.

>the same
not nearly
even in the both-sided brutality of the eastern front, the percentage of soviet POWs that died overshadows that of the germans
incidentally those ~3.6m dead account for much of the MUH K/D meme

>“Those are for Walther,” the Russian man said finally.

>“Ja,” said the German, “for Walther.” He paused. “And for your friends.”

historynet.com/perspectives-stalingrad-foes-meet-again-november-97-world-war-ii-feature.htm

That was partly truth in 90th years, during crisis in Russia. I´ve heard many stories about it. Now veterans have money.

It's true in the sense than Russia won WWII but is a shithole compared to the loser of the war Germany.

Yugoslavia was a popular destination for German pensioners between the '70s and '80s.

>Now veterans have money.
The war ended 71 years ago and the life expectancy of the Russian men is like 63 years.

>two third of german pows
How did you get a 66% survival rate from the below 5% survival rate of german pows?

Good post

>Again the Russian veteran cut her off. “There’s not one monument with my friends’ names on it. They’re all huge, lumpy, stone shrines dedicated to this and to that glorious thing. There’s not a stone in this city with a soldier’s name on it,” said the Russian quietly. He turned back to the German and said, “Here, let me help you.”

The survival rate was below 5% in Stalingrad. The general survival rate of German pows captured by Russians was slightly above 45%. The survival rate of Russian povs was slightly below 45%.

>William the conqueror once went back to Hastings when he was an old man and laid a wreath at the grave of Harold.

That's quite tragic

Delusional autistic jewtin RIDF kremlin kike propaganda

kek´d

I know, nice idea for a Lear-like play/short film

Damn man if russians are good at anything its propaganda against their government

???

Even going by the harshest estimates by Overmans, "only" a third of the three million captured Germans died. This figure includes 700 thousand listed as MIA and assumed to have been captured.

Others - including the Soviets themselves but not solely them, e.g. British researchers - have put the number of POWs at about 2.7 million with just below 400 thousand dead.

So that's a survival rate of between 65 and 85 percent for the Germans.

Meanwhile, for the Russians, the survival rate was 40%, with 3.5 million dead out of some 5.7 captured.

Holy shit that was beautiful.

>propaganda against their government

Thing is most Russians are not like that old veteran, they're like that bitch tour lady - "muh motherland", "don't say bad things about mother russia to foreigner", "muh big monuments".

quick search on the matter shows your full of shit.

Yes.

>After putting the down the flowers, William cried and said "you were my only friend".[4]

I am uncertain how to integrate these feels with the current state of Europe.

>“We can’t find the plaque,” the Russian responded, “so here, let’s put them here in the sun. They’ll be nice in the sun. Warm. It was so cold then, remember?”

trynottocrycryalot.jpg

>You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Fuck me man, i'm literally in tears now.

Googled but couldn't find anything. Source?

You mean, you can rationalise the tragedy of senseless destruction, but still can't supress your hormonal urges for violence as a means to deal with issues, rather than constructive debate and concensus?

If you're captured you're a casualty

High casualty ratio on the eastern front isn't a meme

nobody visits russia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirtschaftswunder

>Germany gets ass kicked in 2 world wars
>gets split in half after the 2nd one
>still becomes the world's 3rd biggest economy

How strong Germany would be today if they never started any of these wars and never got bombed the shit out of them?

>They’ll be nice in the sun. Warm. It was so cold then, remember?

How much did that projector cost friendo

Part of me wants to think it is made up or heavily embellished because of that fact.

>highly developed country that is given money out of the ass to get back on it's feet and the protection of the USA has an excellent economy.
really makes my ticker tock.

It was recompensation for flight from 2 boards that got /pol/ infested.

I you surrender you're not a cassualty

Germany succeeded in spite of the Marshall Plan, not because of it.

Pic related, this guy getting rid of the retarded rules and controls the Allies tried to place on FRG after the war did more for Germany than America splooging all over it with greenbacks.

wait, tell me more.

The americans were also reluctant to follow through with what churchill and CDG proposed regarding germany turning into a backward agricultural state.

Ludwig Erhard was a staunch liberal economist who became the economic minister of Germany and instituted a ton of reforms to put in place a more free market system than what had been known under the Nazis and the Kaiser, yet he also accepted a lot of social welfare reforms too (though he tried to fight a few of them and keep them to a minimum at the time.)

One important episode of his time was when he went to office on a Sunday (when none of the occupation forces were actually active) and passed a ton of reforms getting rid of price controls and wage controls set in place by the Allied forces so as not to stifle Germany's growth.

>One important episode of his time was when he went to office on a Sunday (when none of the occupation forces were actually active) and passed a ton of reforms getting rid of price controls and wage controls set in place by the Allied forces so as not to stifle Germany's growth.
pretty based
wikipedia is sparse on the details. any reccomended links?

A lot of the stuff you can find about him will be on more libertarian leaning sites, I'd assume, since he seems to be a mostly forgotten or buried figure by everyone else.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9ms2WOZi74

He's mentioned in this PBS documentary, which also covers a bit of the post war German economic situation, such as how on the black market they were using American cigarettes for currency because the Mark was worthless again.

I'm no Putinfag,but why did you decide to edit an already existing image instead of making your own?

German doctrine was to surround the enemy force with armored units so they couldnt break out. This resulted in divisions surrendering due to lack of supplies, morale, etc. In this way they were able to disarm much of Russia's military in the beginning of Operation Barbarossa.

When an enemy combatant is disarmed he is rendered unable to do battle by his enemy. This would technically be called a casualty.

>“My friend Walther went with me. He was wounded too but could walk. We made it all the way to the field. I don’t know how, but we did. He helped me into a waiting plane filled with wounded, and it took off.” He paused.

>“What happened to Walther?” asked the Russian veteran.

>“He couldn’t get in the airplane,” said the German. “He fell over in the field and couldn’t get up. We just rolled away.”

>3.5 million dead out of some 5.7 captured
That's the highest estimate. Other and more recent publications have put the number at between 2.5-2.9 dead out of 5.3 million captured.

>Other and more recent publications
which ones

>88
hmm

What is this feeling?

Soldiers who expend their hate like that just don't have any left when they run into each other again in their twilight years.

fuck

they're just meming

quite presumtuous, modern german wealth comes from post war deals with US. Hell, they pretty much got a post WWII severance package.

Not to get too conspiracy theorist but many americans funded the german war. They were an anti-russia economic puppet of some sort. whether or not it was deliberate is besides the point. that is in effect what happened.

Look at it as more.. germany made a deal to be part of an experiment. Got some tumors, got them painfully hacked off but then in the end got paid,

It's because America learned from WW1. If we just left Germany in ruins (to say nothing of the rest of Western Europe), it would be a breeding ground for yet another war and for the spread of Communism.

Copying over from an existing post:

As related by Peter Hart in The Great War:

We automatically mounted the machine gun for action. Then like animals we burrowed into the earth as if trying to find protection deep in its bosom. Something struck my back where I carried my gas mask, but I did not pay attention to it. A steel splinter broke the handle of my spade and another knocked the remains out of my hand. I kept digging with my bare hands, ducking my head every time a shell exploded nearby. A boy to my side was hit in the arm and cried out for help. I crawled over to him, ripped the sleeves of his coat and shirt open and started to bind the bleeding part. The gas was so thick now I could hardly discern what I was doing. My eyes began to water and I felt as if I would choke. I reached for my gas mask, pulled it out of its container – then noticed to my horror that a splinter had gone through it leaving a large hole. I had seen death thousands of times, stared it in the face, but never experienced the fear I felt then. Immediately I reverted to the primitive. I felt like an animal cornered by hunters. With the instinct of self-preservations uppermost, my eyes fell on the boy whose arm I had bandaged. Somehow he had managed to put the gas mask on his face with his one good arm. I leapt at him and in the next moment had ripped the gas mask from his face. With a feeble gesture he tried to wrench it from my grasp; then fell back exhausted. The last thing I saw before putting on the mask were his pleading eyes.

>Corporal Frederick Meisel, 371 Infantry Regiment, 43rd Ersatz Brigade, 10th Ersatz Division, German Army

There is massive difference between these two stories. Walther helped his helpless buddy into last way out.

Frederic Meisel killed his buddy ensure his own survival. Stalingrad guy did nothing fuck up his mates changes of survival.

Only common thing stories are survival story teller and horrors of war.

The difference is that that Russia wasn't transformed into what she is today by a seemingly endless flow of donation, unlike Germany.

Not even remotely as strong as she is today, all of her modern success stems from being a buffer zone between the Soviets and the Westerns, her external debt was all but completely written off, and the Americans have financed her reparation and modernization for nearly half a century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/See_You_in_the_Next_War

One of the best movies and novels Slovenia produced.

Without the Allies and the Marshall Plan Ludwig Erhard would have been a low level Soviet bureaucrat, so say thank you.

Pretty true. Russia is pretty fucked up beyond believe.

>historynet.com/perspectives-stalingrad-foes-meet-again-november-97-world-war-ii-feature.htm
Damn.

Please tell me that's real and not some fan-fic.

>Memelord
>Creativity
Lmao