If a chinese car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well, would you buy it...

If a chinese car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well, would you buy it? Or would you simply never buy one because you hate Chinese people and think we are all "chinks" or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/aSFTC
reuters.com/article/us-caterpillar-siwei-idUSBRE90H1C520130119
youtube.com/watch?v=ugNT3dWo0jU
washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/ap-explains-why-chinas-new-aircraft-carrier-is-significant/2017/04/26/d402bece-2a5b-11e7-9081-f5405f56d3e4_story.html
popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a26201/china-building-the-worlds-largest-submarine-factory/
youtube.com/watch?v=nU2YLCAl2Fc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Chinese anything
>Safe and reliable

Pick one faggot. It's nothing to do with being racist.

I don't trust the Chinese

They killed my father, and raped my mother

>Chinese
>Safe and reliable

Go fuck yourself, cheng

Chinese products have never known to be reliable or quality. Years of shit merchandise and products pushed out by they country created that stereotype.
Have to be fucking stupid to buy a car made in China.
Known currency manipulators and they would eventually dump their cars below market value to fuck with other manufacturers, so again, no.

Horry Shit

chinese are the most dishonest. it is an entire country of cheats. they are filthy weasels.

>If a chinese car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well

China's company claims about safety are hard to believe based upon history of false claims.

>If a chinese car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well, would you buy it?

If a customer went to China to file a lawsuit against the chinese company in the chinese court, the case would get no where. It's not too fanciful to assume the company would file counter charges of slander and libel against the customer. Since the customer's claims were proven false in court, the customer is fined heavily for making the false complaint.

Historically, Chinese companies have filed counter claims against companies that complained the chinese companies copied designs. Even Apple had problems with that back in the days of the iMac and its Teal case design.

>guy on bike that gets nailed by the street light
RIP you poor chinese bastard

2000% dead

He never even knew what hit him

It's only a matter of time. They have already caught up with everybody in the world when it comes to electronic devices. Now they're in the process of doing that in the car department

>safe, reliable, drove well
>Chinese made

kek, I'm Chinese and I'm never touching those deathtraps the PRC shills as "safe".

>Millenials not knowing that up until the mid 70s Japanese products were known to be shitty, unreliable and badly built

you can buy trailers from china in the US right now.

up until the mid 70's they were undersized and overstressed. Japanese reliability came from globalizing their designs

No because everything China makes is an unreliable piece of shit.

Read this, story of a guy who deals with the Chinese as part of his job. They cut corners, try to rip you off and don't give a fuck about the quality of their product as long as they can scam people into buying it. Never, ever, ever buy Chinese made goods, especially not stuff that is expensive and needs to be reliable like a fucking Car.

imgur.com/a/aSFTC

wow it sounds like the chinese are just like everybody else

other countries have laws to punish those people though

t. Chink

Nice try. You actually get what you pay for in the west. A business that ran like a Chinese company here would go out of business very fast because they could actually be prosecuted for the kinds of business practices that are a daily occurrence in China.

yeah, and some others even bail them out so that they can keep screwing the customer

I am not a chink you Ameridumb, lurk more

you do know bail isn't a get out of jail free pass right? it just lets you roam free until the trial.

>I am not a chink
Why the fuck are you defending China then you dumbfuck? You casme in like "Hurrr other countries bad too" and made yourself look like a complete retard for no reason.

Fuck off you commie piece of shit.

congrats on the autism, I bet you regularly lurk /pol/ too

t. chink

see

t. chink

ameridumb

not the other user, but I'm curious. where are you from? why do you like opposing opinions so much? is it revenge against posters here or just the mods?

He's a commie. Needs to defend the honor of glorious communist China when people point out they make absolute shit products because they have a culture of it being socially acceptable to rip people off if you get the opportunity and zero ethical oversight.

>Nailed by streetlight
>Set ablaze
>Rolled over by truck
>Likely cheese grated on the tarmac as well.

Damn, he got rekt.

Just when I think you've said the dumbest thing possible You keep talking

Its amusing to trigger autists like Just look at him, all riled up thinking I am a commie chink kek, fucking autism

It doesnt matter where I am from, in Veeky Forums every country is a shithole

I see you've adopted the old ways, refreshing.

THAT's cancer.

Sure

>Imbryink chinks are involved in the actual building of Volvo's.

For all the shit people talk about swecucks, they still build cars like tanks.

You failed to understand a hypothetical situation.

...You do know this already happened right?

its all about the money, they CAN build with quality, but it's way more expensive, it's just not worth for most of what they build.
If they used the right materials and built a car it would be on American market standards (which isn't great but meh)

>we
REMOVE CHINK

>its all about the money, they CAN build with quality, but it's way more expensive, it's just not worth for most of what they build.
>If they used the right materials and built a car it would be on American market standards (which isn't great but meh)

How would you envision chinks getting on Euro-tier car building?

>If a chinese car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well, would you buy it? Or would you simply never buy one because you hate Chinese people and think we are all "chinks" or something?

Most of them wouldn't make it due to copyright infringement. It's one thing to copy a phone case, it's another to copy Lexus.

>It's one thing to copy a phone case, it's another to copy Lexus.
The chinese even try to fool automotive crash safety testing. For example, the Chinese had been copying the GM's partner car in Korea based upon the Daewoo. Not that copying is legal, but that is how the chinese save R&D costs, testing costs, and performance problems. They wait for someone to invent it, then the chinese copy it and cut lots of corners to improve the profit.

Now, since the chinese copy of GM's car was so similar, the Chinese thought they could get away with car safety tests. They took the actual GM-made car and re-skinned it with their own chassis and body parts. Then they submitted this car as their own to the auto crash testing.

See picture for related details on the chinese scam of auto crash tests. It's a scan from a book about the automotive industry.

No. I refuse to buy Chinese vehicles until they prove to me that they can make a durable, high quality product without reverse engineering another companies work.
I also don't trust the Chinese

They would have a philosophy more or less like american cars.

Let me explain it: american cars are all image and no substance. Chinese would be all "low prices" and no substance.

Many years ago China used to be the greatest civilization on earth, known for lots of inventions, philosophy, literature and so on...

Now they are bunch of copycatting fuckers.

The same can be said of the ancient egyptians, except they didnt succumb to communism but another equally stupid ideology.

Hold me Veeky Forums I feel sorry for humanity :-(

I refuse to purchase Chinese cars simply on the basis of giving money to Chinese people. Fuck off China go home

In this thread, Chinese sympathizers trying to derail the topic. In China, copies of tires are claimed to be better than the originals.

>It's a "China thinks they're first world" thread
I'd expect this kind of shitposting on /pol/ or /int/ but not here
Come back when you innovate something more than once in a fucking millenia, chinks

>Millenial knowing the only reason Japanese stuff became quality was due to Edward Demings and his theories on statistical process control
And of course, actually caring to follow these procedures and not produce junk.
Chinese simply do not care.

>we wuz emperors n sheeit

They have a court system in China? Who the fuck knew?

>They have a court system in China? Who the fuck knew?
Disney has been unable to defend their copyrights in those courts. The chinese copied Disney's movies such as the Cars 1 and Cars 2 and re-sold it under different names. The chinese courts ruled the copies were completely different movies and dismissed Disney's charges.

>the autobots
LOL
but on a more serious note, fuck china.

It's not like you have to list Mandarin on your resume

Chinese products can also be inconsistent in quality. A product run can be good. Then next month, another product run has a lot of failures due to corners being cut in order to maintain the rate of profits that month. Or the government officials ostensibly increased safety regulations (aka bribery requests), so the company had to cut more corners to accommodate for the increased expenses.

Picture of Triangle brand tires used with Caterpillar mining equipment. Triangle is a large popular tire maker in China. Caterpillar moved into China due to the large mining market and to try to stop chinese manufacturing copycats of caterpillar equipment. However, Caterpillar got hugely frauded of 580 million USD by the chinese legal system which provided no redress.

reuters.com/article/us-caterpillar-siwei-idUSBRE90H1C520130119

If it met the stated criteria and fit into a niche market (ie offroader that could actually fit on a logging road) then yes.

Oh the irony, the aggressive guy hosing a motherfucker with gasoline is the one who got burned

This is bulllshit. A Chinese distributor helped my fledgling company start out big time. I owe him thousands of dollars, never met him, only talked to him thru email. He hooked me up big Time when he didn't have to help me in any way

China is home to billions. There are man bad people but there are many good. You are just some faggot American parroting what they read on some wsj article about melamine. Idiot.

Good afternoon, Denping "Stanley" Wang

fuck off chink

This. And, replace Chinese with Korean and the answer is still the same.

Pretty sure they don't stop so they won't be liable.
I think i read somewhere that people found liable are responsible for that person for their entire life (to the extent of the injuries)

Is that a picture of counterfeit Caterpillar machinery?

That Caterpillar machinery logo is not the standard Caterpillar logo which has a non-jagged triangle instead of a mountain peak. The triangle is also colored on authetic Cat gear.

Fuck no. if someone calls a Chinese-made product "reliable" it just means they haven't yet figured out where the manufacturers cut corners.

Only question is whether or not some street food vendor came by afterward to scrape the bits of charred flesh off the pavement and sell them a couple blocks away. "It long pig!"

Exceptions do not the rule make.
You are one of the few exceptions that exists in every society and country. Even Nazi Germany had Schindler and others, but those exceptions still don't excuse what happened there. And the few chinese exceptions don't excuse what China has been doing the past 50 years either.

t. chink

>that time tons of people died because some chinese dairy company decided to make up volume by adding white paint into the milk

youtube.com/watch?v=ugNT3dWo0jU

I own several Chinese products and gadgets, they are getting close to Japan in the late 70s with some of their manufacturers.

Would still not buy a car, because you can fucking die. A flashlight/chinkphone/tablet won't kill me.

If it goes inside of you or you go inside of it, do not buy chinese. No exceptions.

>Is that a picture of counterfeit Caterpillar machinery?

Some american brands have discovered there were chinese factories making their goods despite not having authorized those factories. Many years ago, KFC found unauthorized KFC franchises and it was hard to shut some down because the corrupt governments and corrupt judges in some areas kept on delaying or ignoring KFC. The only reason things were done was that China requires majority ownership of any foreign ventures, so it was KFC's majority partner that finally managed to get something done as those counterfeit franchises was eating their profit too.

Now, here's a comparison of Range Rover Evoque vs Chinese Landwind X7 Makes you wonder if there was some industrial espionage to steal the blueprints and machine CAD data for internal parts and chassis designs as well.

It's because they are chinks that they can't make anything correctly.

>It's because they are chinks that they can't make anything correctly.
According to that president you so brilliantly elected they took yer jerrrrrbs.

So either you amerilards are as bad as the chinks at making stuff, or the chinks are as good as you.
In either case, suck it !!

>You hate China, you must be dirty amelican pig!

Protip Cheng Chong: the entire world hates you, not just americans.

how many chinese-designed products do you own?

things are only made in chongtopia because they are cheap, even if they were 100% up to developed standards the fact they have been made in an irradiated totalitarian wasteland would still put me off

enjoy being cucked by western industries who move production out when chinese wages get too high

The only Chinese car I could ever even imagine buying would be some basic military-like vehicle for using on a farm or just a really rugged off roading beast like this. But I'd rather support UAZ and not some shitty chink bootleg company.

>It's because they are chinks that they can't make anything correctly.
False. They make many great things as many american brand products from iPhone to tools are made wholly in China.

The actual problems for chinese products comes from the longstanding ruthless culture, shameless greed, affluenza, government policy corruption, politician corruption, corporate corruption, general pollution, specific pollution, and outdated processes among suppliers.

Let's say all other factors have been fixed and your factory is manufacturing stainless steel coffee and drink thermos type containers to sell to america. Your foreman and your QC inspector are approached privately by one of your raw metal suppliers who wants more profit. You the owner are not approached. Your supplier makes a private bribe or kickback deal with your foreman and QC inspector to look the other way if the raw metal alloy content doesn't meet spec or has lead impurities. So, as you see, your company and everyone but a few key people sincerely want to make the best product and "walk the talk" yet your company makes inferior toxic metal water and coffee thermos containers.

The above example actually occurred for my usa corporate employer but not for thermos containers. I can't identify the actual product examples since no one here wants lawsuits. But you always have to test chinese raw materials as well for adulteration. And they can go after your individual key staff members to help cover up faults. That's China for you.

>If a car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well, would you buy it?

Sure. As long as it met my needs and my desires. I take safety for granted since I am spoiled, but I will check official USA and EU tests results for 5-star rating. I will also check Consumer Reports for their test track evaluation of the car.

By safe, that means the car has a safe rating in USA and EU standardized car crash and safety tests. Those tests are widely known to be ethically performed, fair, consistent for different makes and models, have well-documented and video-recorded processes available for review, and don't have a reputation of bribery or corruption.

As for drive well, there are bound to be reviews by car and driver type publications and those are informative to read. Consumer Reports is ethical and resistant to bribery and at times they have caused car makers some embarassment with their tests.

As for reliability, that means the car warranty must be usable. Just because a car warranty exists doesn't mean the company honors it or finds sneaky ways to disqualify it. In general, the major EU, Japan, Korea, and USA companies honor their warranties.

Another factor about reliability is that the raw materials in the car are consistent and as rated. Thus Exxx standards steel is actually E type steel and the car company didn't cut corners by using Bxxx steel instead for its production cars when it used Exxx steel for the ones provided for crash testing. Multiple chinese companies have had metal alloy specification discrepancies in the past including contamination, and this issue needs to be resolved by frequent random testing.

When cheap trash metal is used, it is soft and bends. It would be embarassing if a chinese-made BUMPER using pot metal hit a bicycle and got a dent.

>Some american brands have discovered there were chinese factories making their goods despite not having authorized those factories.
Even the authorized factories are likely to make more than their clients order, and sell the excess to gray market channels or counterfeiters. This is especially problematic for low-tech designer products like apparel.

>KFC
Yum Brands has had its share of issues in China... a chain of hot pot restaurants it owns got caught selling rat meat as lamb. Apparently their meat supplier was screwing them.

That bycicle is chinese

t. /n/

>Safe and reliable

If it was confirmed it actually was and not some bullshit, then sure why not.

This is why i'd never buy Chinese, their whole country has no shame and just knocks off foreign designs wholesale. It makes sense when you realise they've been churning out western products for the past 50 years but it's so blatant it's astounding.

Like check this shit out, they just rebuilt Ronchamp chapel 1:1. Not to mention all those shovelware games with stolen IPs; fuck china

Picture of chinese cars shows the weakened A-pillar with inset just to fit the doors into the roofline.

Has anyone here even bought a chinese car? I don't mean one made in china with the BMW, chevrolet, or ford brand logo. But ones branded by Chery, Dong Feng, Geely, Haval, Linfan, Shuanghuan, etcetera.

The chinese government is having built the world's largest military submarine factory. It is in the same area that built their 2nd aircraft carrier. China is really moving ahead with its military programs in order to protect all those new oil fields in the south china seas it is forcibly annexing from all those other countries.

washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/ap-explains-why-chinas-new-aircraft-carrier-is-significant/2017/04/26/d402bece-2a5b-11e7-9081-f5405f56d3e4_story.html

China also has claims eastward and that includes some ocean areas _east_ of japan. As justification, China said in the past that if the USA has Hawaii and many other islands out there, then China can have some of those islands too. That would basically result in Japan being surrounded by Chinese island military bases.

>The chinese government is having built the world's largest military submarine factory.

popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a26201/china-building-the-worlds-largest-submarine-factory/

youtube.com/watch?v=nU2YLCAl2Fc

Volvo is part chinese.

>chinks
>Reliable
>Safe

Chinks are legitimate not human beings

>If a chinese car came to the US market that was safe, reliable and drove well, would you buy it?

If a chinese train came to the US, would you ride it?

>would you buy it?
fuck no
only reason i own a honda is because it was cheap and reliable, asians can fuck off

>If a chinese train came to the US, would you ride it?

In the non-tourist areas, the normal trains that normal people use can be messy.

Stereotypes exist for a reason. It's because they are true.

The Chinese cars will be made of inferior materials, corners will be cut, their will be numerous safety flaws that will get swept under the table, that's assuming hey meet North America safety standards.

No I will not buy one and it's your own people's fault.

The other thing many chinese companies do is put out a stable product to start with such as raw materials, chemicals, or assemblies. After a period of time that the product has built up a positive reputation, they then start to cut the corners in order to milk the profit. The chemicals might no longer have reliable purity. Or the alloy content percentages have changed.

> implying they wont bribe their way into the market

top kek m8

They wouldn't use bribes but probably more some sort of blackmail threat even if they have to set up the circumstances for the blackmail itself.

I'll never support China
Fuck off commie.

>filename