github.com/ssloy/tinyrenderer/wiki
twitter.com/BorishDugdum
patreon.com/BorishDugdum
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for OpenGL

last for OpenGL

My captcha said Winalot which happens to be an Irish dog food brand from 1927

thingking about dev...................

Hopefully, by end of night I'll have the structure of Act 2 pounded out and I'll be able to play through it -- even though most of it'll be covered in no-detail [thing happens] or [description here]

winalot is still available you fool

13 days

The best gamedevs are women and Chris Avellone.

Still taking gf offers. Please.

what is the next gamejam anyway

until what, demo day? that cannot possibly be right

Don't do it user, it's st patrick's day

also is there anything that doesn't kill you in your game???

one last bit of this being edited before I realized it won't work (yes I was briefly considering using it in my placeholder art all the way until I got final art)

>Dramatica
What do you think of it?

>tfw I will never lay out in the middle of the mountains under the beautiful starry sky while thinking of dev ideas and then be murdered by a skele

Holy fucking shit, I said its brand is FROM 1927, not that it was only made in 1927.

Fucking kill yourself you stupid unity using nodev, I can dev circles around you like it was fucking nothing, I'd open up codeblocks and made several quake clones before you even drag your first drop. I'm sick of copy-paste kiddies like you shitting up indie game development, thinking your hot shit when all you ever did was download model and code assets.

Most games don't need it. I do because most of my game is text and the reason to play a lot of the game is for a well-structured and thought out experience.

When you've got something like 3-5 hours of gameplay/narrative to construct, you really need to have a well-worked out structure. Unless you're just a natural at writing, I guess.

I'm not, so I use Dramatica to help me ensure everything knits well together. Or, well, as well-knitted as I can get it to be.

different guy, how do I find a girl that's as inexperienced as me but also as picky as me? I mean not about looks really, but about philosophy

I'm a yesdev with tens of thousands of lines of shitty Python code under my belt and I can tell you that your post conveyed the insinuation that Winalot was a relic of the past.

Post an advert in a newspaper.

the frogs are now aggressive
also progressing with the sewer section

What did you use to make this game?

Java

gm:studio

Pls help

mad status:
[] Not mad
[] Mildly miffed
[] Perceptibly perturbed
[] Fully flustered
[X] Mercer Mayer

what should it say?

first for discordfags are scum

why is katte mad?

mad

Personally I don't see what's wrong with IRC.

finally fixed the momentum issue
During the raycast to check if the current road's normal has changed, I just slapped a "momentum = Vector3.Reflect(momentum, new normal)" in
This whole thing is honestly simpler than I imagined it would be

Is there anything wrong with this situation?

are you making a kart racer?

it'll probably end up halfway between mario kart and f-zero
it's slow at the moment just so I can fix the physics

>halfway between mario kart and f-zero

nice, I was doing something similar but with more mario kart/wipeout crossover. Abandoned as with most of my projects but cool to see a more successful iteration.

I want to say eys but I don't know enough. What I do know is that if you select any number of faces and use Ctrl + T it triangulates it for you.

Way too much text waviness

just found this that I never converted to webm
this is from when I trying to find a better screen capture program, I hit a broken codec

yes, make sure to turn that rectangle into 4 tris otherwise you have a 5-gon on your hands and that does not animate well if at all

I love that glitch where Game Maker repeatedly opens and closes several hundred times, won't let you kill the process, and persists even after you restart the entire computer.

better like this or still too much?

This Monogame glitch is pissing me off, Texture2D.GetData only works when the map is first loaded, anytime after that and it returns transparent values.

i had something similar with gm8.1 creating dozens of tray icons and remaking its own process dozens of times making it difficult to kill, but that's about it

why 4 tris instead of 3?

3 would also work, sorry i'm tired

Cool, just thought there might be some deformation reason why 4 was preferred

8.1 does that frequently and runs out of memory and 1.4 refuses to let me view the properties on many sprites/objects/rooms etc.

thats a pretty cool effect 2bh.
even keeping the debug values would make a neat 1-off level

You have a memory leak
Happy to help

Are you looking for a gf (male)?

I think you should stop or reduce the wavy distortion when it gets to the main menu. I could see some people not realizing that they've reached a playable part

Waviness is shit but the status messages are cool

Better, still hurts to read cause of the blurriness but it's fine if you won't be staring at this too long.

Is there any theory I can read behind 3D graphics? Things like what the fuck a Z-Buffer is? Any books that are good on theory?

I am the only heterosexual (heterosexual) in this thread so no (no).

This is fine

Yea, it's just for menus. The gameplay is something else.

Cool, thank you.

Read this tutorial
github.com/ssloy/tinyrenderer/wiki

pixel artist here

I will draw you an asset for your game. Taking requests

idea guy here

bob ross platformer

memory leak? the post was about the blue eye graphic

>"idea guy"
>x platformer

kill yourself

hmm
I can stuff similar to that with the rendering system I have (just an interface to OpenGL), I might do that
what I was thinking of doing already is a black and white level, as in monochrome

i don't think bob ross would approve of that sort of sentiment, user

A snuggie. A SNUGGIE

>a meme request

a person on crutches

Terraria style 2D model
I don't even need you to do it, I just need advice/tips for doing it, I'm good at textures but can't do living things for shit

Not him but thanks, this is perfect.

Have you tried looking at how Terraria did it?

Can't you just take a regular picture of a person and then downscale it with nearest neighbor to pixelate it or something?

It's not a meme. It's an honest request.

Keep up the good work, user.
I'm always happy to see other /agdg/ devs succeeding.

why do you want a snuggie for your game?

Maybe he's making a game about someone who will be forever alone.
Kind of like painting a self-portrait

I've been looking at what Terraria and Starbound have done and it's been... rough. I'm trying to carve my own style into it because I'm trying to make my game have a distinct artstyle if it can't have distinct gameplay.
I guess I could try that.

Yes, it's about a man who is a neet and he can buy small things (currency he earns by cleaning his room and thowing away his cum rags) over the phone by calling his mom to get him things. A snuggie is one of these things.

I want you to know two very important things:
1 - I still have your demoday 2 release installed.
2 - Your falling placeholder flames look like angry chickadees.

Keep up the good work.

Working on smooth shading
I'm calculating barycentric coordinates wrong

Thanks user, I'm trying.

>try to recreate Castlevania Symphony of the night as a 1ma

Holy shit it is way too hard

You probably can't 1MA one but you can definitely code and draw one and get someone to do music, look at this guy
twitter.com/BorishDugdum

Been working on a FPS for school, so far I have the players down, you can see them move through the network. The shooting is implemented by have to switch it to multiplayer.

>twitter.com/BorishDugdum
someone making sprite edits =/= someone drawing

yeah that guy is really talented no way I could even come near doing that

Darn

patreon.com/BorishDugdum

>One of the biggest obstacles for an independent (solo) developer is that they aren't able to do everything themselves in the way that it should be. In my case, it's creating the art and sound assets for the game.

Just what I thought he is only doing the art and sound and not doing the programming of the game

>it literally is SotN right down to the terrible run animation
The art looks gorgeous but idk.

Learned something new and needed today.

add an edge loop above.

explain?

Yeah, the ass isn't fat enough.

better?
is there a way to get nicer renders in blender quickly?

perk up that shit

add some more edge loops and round it out

I've been mostly editing by selecting and dragging, I think edge loops would get in the way at this point. Is there some part of the workflow I'm missing?

NO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE