Why do people consider Lamborghinis as a kid's dream car?

Why do people consider Lamborghinis as a kid's dream car?

I mean they recently set a track record and handles competently like the other super cars from the reviews I've read. Aren't they not competent enough or what?

What are your opinions on Lamborghinis?

>It's okay if you are a poorfag(like me) or a Lamborghini disliker because you can give your opinion on this.

nice Audi

They all look the same and they're all paddles

>edgy and ugly looking
>babby's first supercar image, bought by newly rich posers
>not that great on tracks
>Lamborghini scared to compete in motorsports

>They all look the same
They have a similar body silhouettes. Otherwise they look very different to me.

>nice Audi
I don't know if you are hater or not but I think Audi made them better.

Audi made them boring

>all paddles
That's why my ride is 15 years old, back then you could still buy manuals.

ALL the new ones look like aventadors

Audi made them
>not awful to drive
>reliable
>effective
>not tractors

They're still awesome, but you have to drive one to appreciate it.

I thought they did have Motorsport cars

>German reliability with Italian soul
>screaming loud NA V10's and V12's that rev to 9 grand
>more exotic than McLaren, less pretentious than Ferrari
>proven track performance

Lamborghini has always been cool, but now they are cool AND good. I'd get a Huracan if I had 200k to burn.

Pic related is what Lamborghini was all about until they wanted to make 4 wheeled fighter jets to go around the 'Ring...

Because a lambo v12 sounds like a roaring cheetah

Who knows how much longer they'll continue making them though

>not that great on tracks

2 of the top 5 round the Nurburgring are Lamborghinis

Old lambos were not performance cars, when compared to other super cars of the era. They had little to no motorpsort involvement so setting records or lap times was not a priority, although they could probably do that with a good driver

>Why do people consider Lamborghinis as a kid's dream car?
Because they look like a fever dream with missiles. They do sort of appeal to an inner five year old who drew his first car because of how crazy they look

>less pretentious than Ferrari
Boy you must be smoking crack because both Ferrari and Lamborghini are in the same fucking room when it comes to pretentiousness, and Maserati is out in the hallway waiting to enter the room.

I think Lamborghini is actually in the works of making a V12 GT. I read that somewhere. Not sure how true it was.

>Maserati
I wish this company was owned by some other company or stood on itself rather than always being a side-bitch of Ferrari.

That's cool and all but it's probably going to have no soul and look like an extended Huracan.

>German reliability
JUST KILL IT NOW

Lambos are chick magnets and jealousy magnets. It is a status symbol in a nutshell. Owning one is as impressive as having a mansion to garage one. However, who the fuck would know you live in a Mansion when you're out there on the streets?

Basically, it screams "LOOK AT ME" even though people like me would say "nah man, I bought it just because I like it."

Maserati has had nothing to do with Ferrari since 2013. The Ferrari era (03-2013) resulted in the only good Maseratis made in the last 4 decades. Yeah it would be cool if they returned to their 50s-60s glory, but it's not going to happen.

>Lambo tackles the white girl market

Thoughts?

I was talking to a car a dealership CEO who owned one and had a Ferrari previously. He said that the Lambo gets a lot more positive attention and made all kinds of people excited, while the Ferrari would sometimes draw looks of jealousy or disdain. More people assume you're a born-into-money snob who wants to show off your wealth with the Ferrari, while more people saw you as "one of the good rich guys" in the Lambo.

>burgerking equals a cars quality

Patrician supercars aren't made by companies with extreme budgets but then cost you an extra hundred grand to lose interior trim and have the body be carbon

Real supercars are made by companies like Noble and Zonda

Noble is the best supercar for driver involvement

Pagani is the best supercar in exoticism

Koenigsegg is the best supercar in a crazy technology

I think they only way to understand that is to look back at Lamborghini before Volkswagen/Audi bought them.

Lamborghini have always been made to be loud, wide, colorful, and fast in a straight line. They have theater to them and there's nothing else out there that looks like them. Younger people, may they be into cars or not, gravitate towards them because of that. They look fun, they cost a lot of money, and they scream in every direction and over all dimensions.

When compared to its competitors, mainly Ferrari, it's always been the wild child. Walking down the street in a white blazer and white pants snorting coke off some hooker's tits while giving the finger to ever person lucky enough to witness. While Ferrari has always been straight laised, clean, safisticated, and being the biggest prick on the block. The only time Ferrari relaxed and made something insane was the Testarossa.

Also, Lamborghini is just now getting into the track stuff, just like Cadillac, and trying to be taken a little more seriously. But mature buyers still view them as toys for the young ones, rather than a serious tool or collectors item because of their history.

Around tracks, yes

>Lamborghini
More like Lambo-literally has never won any motorsport anywhere-rghini

Wrong

the performante seems menacing af and I am very fond of the direction they took with the aero......I wonder how the 488 gto will compare

but the aventador is a fucking joke and those multi mil one off versions are even moreso....the sv is just okay but it still gets raped by the f12 tdf outside of the burgerking

Every time I see a ferrari and lambo in the same area people always gravitate towards the lambo.
They're simply too stylish to resist.

>Every time I see a ferrari and lambo in the same area normies always gravitate towards the lambo.

FTFY

They should make the Countach again.

>Lamborghini have always been made to be loud, wide, colorful, and fast in a straight line.

Not necessarily, all those adjectives point straight towards the Countach and the others made within the past 20 years, not to cars like the Espada or Urraco.

Just look at the Jarama, it's not bright like a Huracan, it's not wide like Murcielago, it had a tame exhaust note, and it's not meant to be super fast like the Aventador.

That's impossible now with all the regulations in place and besides the Countach was only good as a poster car like all modern Lamborghini's are...

"normies" is just a word autists use to feel special about liking shitty things

because ever since the Countach they are probably indisputably the actual #1 kids dream car due to its extreme styling. also lots of Veeky Forumstists buttmad because normies will almost always be more excited to see a Gallardo on the street than their favorite obscure "classy" british/german luxury GT.

>Why do people consider Lamborghinis as a kid's dream car?
Because none of them ever list a specific model. It's never a Countach with a glovebox full of blow, or Diablo or a manual Gallardo in that iconic yellow. Just "I want a Lambo bro."

>What are your opinions on Lamborghinis?
Shit's pretty cool. If I had the money to blow I'd get myself a Diablo 6.0.

the murcielago was the last interesting car they made
literally every car since has looked exactly the fucking same

>not liking obscure British supercars

You'll always turn around to get a second look at a passing Aventador, but there's no sense in sneering at everything else too.

Honestly this. They just say "lambo, bro!". If I had to choose I'd say a Diablo (because it uses my current headlamps, lmao).

But as an Veeky Forumstist there are so many other cars that are much more interesting and fill my niches more so than any lamborghini.

But those aren't the wall poster cars people had. I understand Lamborghini made tamer cars. People have forgotten about those ones and look to the V12/V10 cars. Since they look at those ones specifically, Lamborghini is labeled as a manufacture that makes insane cars for rich kids wanting to be flashy.

nice "insult"

I used to think the miura and countach were all flashy and a nightmare in handling
miura for its short wheel base and highly compact traverse engine .eg way shorter weight distribution than if it were mid engined
and the countach for haveing the engine mounted high above its prop shaft and diff

but ive changed my mind
they have pretty good chassis and suspension
I forget who they outsourced their chassis design to back in the day but its good shit

diablo on the other hand is just too heavy to be used on any narrow or twisty road
and who ever would attempt it is an absolute mad man

they sold more of the comfy GT cars than anything else iirc
would not exist without giotto bizzarrini being fired from Ferrari and ferruccio Lamborghini hating Ferraris guts for not building comfy cars

even making cars in the first place was just a side bizness for tractor man
and he was pissed of with marcello gandini making his low class cars

Tom Gale and Luc Donckerwolke took all the fun out

bruh, are you even trying?

Are you?

what if I told you Pagani was Lamborghini ?

A countach or a Miura would be terribly scary on some canyon road. But I guess that's what would make it fun. Having the constant thought of one small mistake will send you and your million dollar show stopper off the road.

Also I'll put it to you that the Diablos steering isn't heavy or slow. Hell I've never been in a car more stuck like glue in my life. Though I've only been in the last iteration of the Diablo, the 6.0 VT.

ofc

> attempting to insult the first mid-engine supercar, which Ferrari then copied because they were too pathetic and idiotic to make in the first place

>more powerful
>beter transmission
>lighter
>much more precise steering
>shitty

>one small mistake will send you and your million dollar show stopper off the road.
granted pretty much any old car is terrifying to drive by modern standards
they cant be rushed and they bite back hard

>last iteration of the Diablo, the 6.0 VT
Chrysler must have done something right
and the diablo is really Lamborghini's first move into something serious

a quirk of the layout means it has no transfer case
and that the engine is in a line as opposed to canted like the galliardo

>trivia
the Bugatti EB 110 was developed by some ex Lamborghini people
and the og Bugatti staff did not like them making the car so crazy

just think of the length reduction

You forgot the most important one
>uglier

They are considered a kids dream car mainly on looks. Technically, most perform very competently, but the have flamboyant body designs post-Miura that make them look almost like Hot Wheels cars. And I do not mean that as a bad thing, they are just less conservative in their styling cues

>Just "I want a Lambo bro."
100% this

I'd buy a countach or f40 just for the interior desu

>grr look at me I'm so edgy
vs
>beautiful sculpted curves

god you have shit taste

sick lambo dude bruh bro

that ferrari is the edgiest GT car made right now though

is this post a ruse?

How many lines do you suppose the original owner did off its wing, and how many hookers have been in the passenger seat?

the f12 berlinetta is a gt car but the tdf is a street legal track machine

even then if you don't think the aventador is more edgy, you must not know what edgy even means

aventador is more edgy but it's apples to oranges. gt cars are traditionally subtle and the example you gave makes ferrari look like they're trying to be super edgy. if we're comparing apples to apples I personally think the 458/488 are too edgy looking as well. 360 is my favorite looking base Ferrari and one that I would associate much more with the words "beautiful sculpted curves".

I like older models. Countach and Diablo are some of the coolest cars around. Newer gens are meh. When you are buying a supercar they are all very high performance it's mostly based on looks after that

all the hookers
and so much coke it crippled the interior design department

so many hookers we can no longer hide their presence at the photo shoot

So 80's it hurts, and I NREEEEEEEED it so badly. It'd be tough between this and a Vector WX3

has that weird style of dash shared with the 112i and c2
and there is allays the cocaine white with pussy blood red interior

Not an identical one, just the same thing, but modernized. Everyone loves the Countach, start making them with better interiors, motors, suspension and braking.

The Countach is still awesome, they should make a Countach II.

I find modern Lamborghini very boring.
I don't know why.

The aventador does have edgy looks and appeal to it but the Ferrari you posted (and most ferraris that are made) look like hot garbage that looks like every designer disagreed with each other and used the first draft as the final product.

Because Top Gear told you they were boring after Audi bought them

Queer volkswagons would much rather have an ecoboost.

This is exactly why I like Lamborghinis. Ferraris weirdly, like you said, gives out that ultra-asshole vibes while a Lamborghini just evokes the inner child in every person and makes them excited when you drive down the street with least to zero jealousy on anyone.

>what if I told you Pagani was Lamborghini ?
Horacio worked with Lamborghini before starting his own company, Pagani Automobilli. But no, Pagani still uses AMG derived engines and they aren't completely Pagani.

>Just "I want a Lambo bro."
I honestly am like this.
Like you said, I really love that gate-shifter in the Gallardo and would love one in the future or any other smaller Lambo that comes by.

>However, who the fuck would know you live in a Mansion when you're out there on the streets?
My boss is an extremely stringy guy and owns a 2013 911 Turbo S and lives in a 1 bedroom hall apartment. He never parks the car in the parking below his building because "it's unsafe."

He rather parks it in a paid-parking lot half a km away from his apartment and told me this is the best way to do it. Maybe some people like my boss wants to have a nice car than a nice home and I don't complain him either. I'd totally be like him if I go the money to buy one.

Throwing away money at rent is never smart unless you don't plan to be there very long. Used luxury = I am poor

>I was talking to a car a dealership CEO who owned one and had a Ferrari previously. He said that the Lambo gets a lot more positive attention and made all kinds of people excited, while the Ferrari would sometimes draw looks of jealousy or disdain. More people assume you're a born-into-money snob who wants to show off your wealth with the Ferrari, while more people saw you as "one of the good rich guys" in the Lambo.
You must be the CEO he was referring to.
What a coincidence.

The Countach was literally my childhood dream but I wouldn't want any others except maybe a Miura. And I wasn't one of those kids who just got the only remotely cool poster at the book fair, I got a hardon for it when I watched Cannonball Run. I've got a couple model versions.

If you drive a Lambo I automatically assume you're a sandnigger. If you drive a Ferrari I assume you're either a trust fund kid or a classy human being. The good guys drive McLaren or Porsche.

Please God no
Fucking why?

Lambo is flashy, Ferrari is classy. Kids love edgy geometric cars with angry faces, adults buy something more subdued with a brown leather interior. You marry the Ferrari because it's classy and fuck the Lambo since it's fun.

>ywn drive your Countach through Miami with a briefcase of charlie under the seat
why live?

And the people who actually enjoy driving in and of itself drive a Koenigsegg or Noble. Because what's the fucking point in going fast if you're not afraid for your life while you're doing it, with heaps of adrenaline rushing into your brain and giving you the feeling of a getting a thousand blowjobs at once.