/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Didn't see the ledge:
>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ-4oX8S1FI
youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
imgur.com/a/83M79
youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
imgur.com/a/A6diD
mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
imgur.com/a/00ozT
youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8
youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
jp.ign.com/dark-souls-3/11988/preview/dark-souls-iiidlc-2-the-ringed-city
youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Does anyone ever feel compelled to delete their save and start fresh with a new character, building from the ground up? Now that the DLC is about to hit I'm feeling it a little.

The links for DLC stuff were getting out of hand, so I had to move them to a pastebin. May try to sort them out a bit later on, but for now this also ensures that it can be updated in the middle of a thread.

Where did you get fotage of the desert slut?

is it just me or does she not have high heels? It looks like she's standing with her feet flat on the ground.

You're right, it looks like they redesigned the outfit a bit.

>C team is too retarded to program high heels in the BB engine

I eventually won but literally bled me dry of all my estus

Bad habit when I'm outnumbered, but every now and then you meet phantoms/invaders who delay and stagger their swings behind the others, which counters it really well.

I had zero phantoms and was surprised I never got a cop summon, this was a newer character at the time who used dried finger in every area for fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ-4oX8S1FI

The original GameSpot gameplay video was deleted because the beginning showed the dialogue with the Stone-humped Hag, and the stats and description for the Splitleaf Greatsword. This new one doesn't really show anything that other videos don't show, besides the location for the Murky Hand Scythe (which was also in the old one). Should I just remove it altogether from the OP? The stats are already in the Imgur link.

Which game you would like to play for the first time again?

Demons Souls here

>tfw invaders butthurt about the host using their typical tactics when outnumbered three to one for a change

Ignore them. It's what any red would have done in the same situation. The eagerness of those fuckers disgusts me.

No one answered last thread, I made a boo boo and +9ed my 70 invaders weapon, did I goof? Do I need to remake?

Nah, +9 is fine for SL70.

I don't usually pvp that high but just go invade in mid-end game areas, if the summon times suck you goofed if invasions flood in you're fine.

You're probably fine though it's easy to max out a weapon by that level.

You'll still get matched with players with +6 weapons, and everybody has at least a +6 weapon by the time they finish Irithyll and beat Pontiff (+7 if they looted Smouldering Lake and did the trade with Pickle Pee).

The real issue is that at SL70 the only real places you'll get activity at are post Lothric Castle (where Chunks ensure that everybody will have +7 to +10 weapons) and gankers in post-Pontiff's.

So whats the best invasion range then? I've done a 60 aldrich faithful build before, is that where it's at then?

Thats good to know, thanks for the info my man.

Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted Ringed Knight armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
TRC gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP portion, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE portion, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
DLC weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (shitty players, but showcases some weapons): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN JP review: jp.ign.com/dark-souls-3/11988/preview/dark-souls-iiidlc-2-the-ringed-city
IGN gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0

YouTube links shortened, and removed the GameSpot link (only thing of value in it was in the first 2 minutes that was removed from the re-uploaded video). Should be short enough to be in the OP again (so long as the combined link to the previous thread is 90 characters or less). If more shit needs to be added, we'll just resort to the Pastebin again.

Guise I want to respec to a quality/faith hybrid sort of build, with 30 faith to cast buffs. Which of STR or DEX should I take to 40, and how high should I level the other?
I'm torn between 40 DEX for swordspear and the fact that mid 20s is enough STR to 2H anything, and 40 STR because I really fucking want to use Ringed Knight Sword, and because high STR is more paladiny.

>I had zero phantoms and was surprised I never got a cop summon
blueberries only show up against invaders and cant be summoned if you only have doggos and aldrichs fanclub

Reminder that Dark Sword users are subhuman and should be treated as such.

It's in the OP links, IGN video of the PvE.

Nope, still has the high heels.

Look, user. It doesn't work. It just fucking doesn't.
Your buffs are laughably weak
Your heals are too FP inefficient if you don't stack the fuck out of ATT and FAI
Your offensive miracles are a joke
Your unique weapons don't scale at all with Faith
Just
Just play Dark Souls 2 or 1

This user has the right idea. Either go full faith (lol) or just quality. Fromsoft hates hybrid gameplay, and someone killed Memezaki with a lightning spear once so Faith has been paying the price all of DS3's lifespan for it.

Just realized I can fit everything I want into a 125 build. How's this look? My only concern is whether the stamina is enough for greatswords

Really? I would have thought tears, oath, and especially lightning blade would be worth it

Tears saves you with 1 hp, so literally someone wearing a single piece of thorns can hit you, proc you and roll into you to kill you. It's a gimmick. Oath and Lightning blade are both pointless. You can get the same benefit from Pine resin and Sacred Oath is garbage.

This game really is Quality builds or gtfo.

Tears is countered by wearing a single piece of Kirk armor. Unless you're also willing to expend a ring slot for Sun Princess or an off-hand slot for Blessed Caestus, it's worthless.

Oath is shit in PvP, it's like 10% as effective as it is in PvE.

Lightning Blade, Dark Blade and DMB add shit amounts of damage unless you have 60 Faith and are using Yorshka's.

On my Paladin I went 17/40 and 40 Faith, with 24 Attunement. Infused my shit with either Refined or Sharp depending what was best. Don't listen to those two, it's perfectly viable.

>Lightning Blade, Dark Blade and DMB add shit amounts of damage unless you have 60 Faith and are using Yorshka's.
I thought buffs added flat damage and didn't scale

Spell-casted buffs are dependent on the spell buff rating of the spell tool used. Unless you have a really good talisman and Faith out the ass, it's not going to add much more than you can get from a bundle.

aah good, guess it was just the angle

Can someone post the ringed knight sword webm?

>Tears saves you with 1 hp, so literally someone wearing a single piece of thorns can hit you, proc you and roll into you to kill you.

that's why anyone using tears has a blessed offhand/etheral oak shield + sun princess ring, because then the thorns proc will do nothing unless it happens the milisecond it pops.

as for sacred oath I think the argument you're looking for is 'just use the sword WA instead lol'

Only need the +2 rings and two more endings...

If one decides to go a Dex Int or Dex Fai build, how much does one lose out on by having 40 Dex and no Sage Ring? To my knowledge, casting speed is capped out at 50 Dex, but how much do you truly gain by going from 40 to 50?

Grats user. Keep going.

Sage Ring is overrated. Don't bother.

Aren't the scaling benefits of going from 40-60 int/fai greater than the benefits of 1-40 scaling in int/fai?

So no one answered, what is the best invasion sl? Is it 60 with Aldrich, or 70? Hell maybe it's 40. Someone just give me the down low!

50-60.

This is it. Honestly unless you are just making a MLGS build, Don't bother with any spell build without 60 in the stat, unless it's pyro.

40 dex is more than enough to not use sage ring

getting 60 int or 60 faith is the hard part of the build

Sacred oath, like almost every other buff, is castrated in PvP with stealth modifiers. It does next to nothing.

Why did they do that? When was it decided that unnerfed buffs would be too good for pvp?

I prefer 50

Is 50 hoppin? Where do you go to invade? Boreal?

SL 50 in the post-pontiff area is pretty much non-stop pvp activity any time of the day.

I really like SL30 for invading crucifixion woods, cathedral, farron keep and catacombs.

you get the added avantage that the host will rarely have an estus advantage, and if you made sure to twink properly you'll have a massive level advantage due to rings.

also ds greataxe, dark hand with heavy millwood axe for backup destroys pretty much anything but the most coordinated gank squad using downscaled SL120s

Since the game's release, and because Tanimura learned his lesson about buff stacking from 2, but in usual fashion, massively overdid it.

Buff stacking in 2 wasn't a problem. Made a lot of builds viable. Better then buffs being pointless in 3.

But if stacking buffs was the problem, why not just make sure they cancel eachother out if you try to stack buffs, but individually they can be at full power no matter what situation?

>implying buff stacking would ever have been a problem in 3 when they added the duel charms

I actually had someone pull the plug because I threw a duel charm on his password summoned downscaled phantom to remove his lightning blade buff.

>Buff stacking in 2 wasn't a problem

How selective is your memory? Did you just erase the first couple of months after release?

Because tam tam.

That's exactly what they did in 2 after it became apparent that it was badly needed, dividing up classes of buffs and making them cancel each other, and cutting out really bad cheese like magic infused crystam magic weapon moonlight. It worked pretty much fine for cutting out the cancer, but, buffing was still practically obligatory in "the meta".

Tanimura's PvP team does this shit all the time, where one thing is massively overused, so he nerfs it into the ground to the point nobody will use it again.

Didn't play the game till SotFS. After they patched out all the terrible shit. Thats why my memories of DS2 are all good ones.

>why not just make sure they cancel eachother out if you try to stack buffs, but individually they can be at full power no matter what situation?
This desu. You should be able to have a maximum of one buff on yuor body and one buff on an item in your hand (though you could potentially buff both hand items if you're using weapon catalysts or something). Then rebalance some buffs; some are useless (replenishment) and some are too strong (denial - it's not OP, but literally why would you use anything else? give it a time limit of a couple minutes and it's perfect).

I am looking at the pasta in the OP and it says for sl 50 invade Aldrich, forrest and Castle. I've beaten the game multiple times, but I have no idea wtf the forrest is?

This would legitimately explain why so many people seem to remember DS2 without any of its glaring flaws.

Someone post the webm of the buffstacking faggot getting golf swung off the bridge before he can finish.

I don't have it, but here's the best golfswing.

I don't think DS2 was a perfect game by any stretch, but I got more replay enjoyment out of it than DS3 by a mountain load. Also the pvp felt more alive because a lot of builds worked, and it legitimately feels like the only build at the top in DS3 is quality.

Will the karate fist be in the dlc?

haha no

How about ring that increases fist damage?

That would require them acknowledging DS2 was a thing that did some things right. Won't happen. Thats why you also won't get the bone fist back.

The Japanese review mentioned a beloved weapon coming back in TRC. From what I can think of, it's either the Bone Fist, the Channeler's Trident or the Gold & Silver Tracers. Probably the last one though.

dude they didn't even let the dragonform do increased unarmed damage.

it's just gonna be some shit like the demon greathammer or any other weapon without a unique moveset.

The same guy who did all of DS2 post-Shibuya did all of DS3's PvP though, and co-directed with Memezaki. There's tons of stuff from DS2 in 3 you big baby.

Though even I'm a little upset they went back to DS1 backstabs.

Tracer's have been in the game files since DS3 launched. It's for sure those. They just cut them from the original game to pad a dlc and for more "Hey remember when DS1 was a thing".

The only things that are allowed to return from ds2 to ds3 are terrible design choices to remind us how shit ds2 was or come in the form of mockery to add insult to injury

I'd love to hear some of these DS2 things in DS3. And the things you list are exlusive to Ds2 and Ds3, right? Not shit that was in all three games.

And I will accept that I seem like a big baby. But I feel this way because pvp was one of the best parts of Ds2, and I feel like pvp in DS3 went backwards, not forwards.

Hardly DS1 backstabs dude. The fact that you can whiff them makes them pretty balanced for PVP, whereas in DS1 the meta was who could circle the fastest.

>Alva
>Drangleic
>Vendrick
>Forossa
>Lucatiel
>Eleum Loyce
>Earthen Peak
>Drakebloods
>Creighton
All shit from DS2 that's in DS3.

>tracers
>beloved
I don't want the pussy daggers of some beta orbiter.
It's gotta be the trident. They spurged out over AOE/teamwork shit in this DLC. Maybe they changed the dance to a spell buff?

So if I wanna aldritch invade I should be 50-60? But what weapon level?

Circling gets you backstabbed
Ds1 is forever my favourite game, but I loved ds2 critical animations. Guardbreak ripostes and backstabs that is. In fact, I even loved riposte animations but hated how someone taps your wrist and you get knocked on the ground for 3 years. These animations should be reserved for something else, like being knocked down after getting hit with a fully charged ugs/gh/ga r2

+6 is pretty much the cutoff point.

>Eleum Loyce
wait what

makes me wish for a wuxia themed souls

Forgot to mention, Karla's a fragment of Manus.

>The Profaned Flame was triggered by the curse of these women, relatives of a certain oracle, but despite their culpability, they went on living, without any cares.
Pretty obviously a reference to Alsanna the Silent Oracle from the Loyce DLC. You could theorize that the Profaned Flame is the Old Chaos.

>Pretty obviously a reference to Alsanna the Silent Oracle from the Loyce DLC.

it really isn't

Your original post I refered to, you talk about the guy responsible for ds2 pvp is doing shit at ds3. So naming all this non-pvp shit is nice and all, but I thought it was clear we we're talking about pvp. Is there anything from ds2 pvp thats in ds3?

Tsorig's ring is the ivory warrior ring and the description is about how he took it from Loyce

I'm not the guy you originally replied to. I guess you could say the dual weapon mechanic is carried over in another form. Also the reduced effectiveness of backstabs.

Backstabbing gets you backstabbed. Welcome to DS1.

Don't forget about:

Gilligan literally giving you one of the best gestures in the game
Onislayer Greatbow just being a renamed Alonne Greatbow
Tsorig carrying FUGS (which was one of THE most broken DaS3 weapons upon release) and Ivory Warrior Ring
Flynn's Ring
Clutch Rings
Ring of the Embedded
Silvercat Ring

Seeds

Oh, and being able to manually aim ultra weapons as well.

It'll be a twin Smelter Hammer combo weapon. 70 weight, 99STR req.

I'm saying that circling to backstab is not viable unless you live on the moon

Alright, so Manual aiming ultras and seeds I will take, but you can't say dual wielding they adapted from ds2 when they scrapped the only thing about dual wielding that ds2 did and thats power stancing.

Maybe I am a minority in feeling that DS2 did so many things right in pvp, and it's a shame that they kept almost none of it in DS3.

>twin Smelter Hammer combo weapon
>can't 2hand
>can't spin it to win it
unless you're suggesting the spin should be with both hammers, turning you into an ugly, malformed helicopter. in that case you can fucking go and count me in

Twitch tv clip
VastElegantTapirTTours

>the only thing about dual wielding that ds2 did and thats power stancing.
>what are offhand movesets

Why would you want to be able to use a weapons r1's AND r2's in your offhand instead of holding it up one handed to block like a silly moron? It's like you don't even LIKE Dark Souls 1, are you even a true fan of this series?

Just minor things like reduced stagger on 2nd hits preventing every hit from stunlocking you to death in a game without toggle escapes. Backstabs which aren't broken. A Poise system which isn't stupid. Little stuff like that.

I haven't played since before ashes of ariandel dropped, so the last couple days I played through it all and did some arena duels to get an idea of what's up. Quick questions:
1. what's the meta rn? I got a gold duel badge using the same build I had like a year ago, quality bkg (mostly) and some other rando weapons for shits and giggles
2. did anything change regarding cheat detection? I made one build legitimately back in dark souls 1 and it took forever and I wanted to kill myself after so I don't do that anymore

Forgot the screenshot

I just need one more pale tounge for my obscuring ring why is pvp so hard all of a sudden. my only weapon is a great scythe and faggots keep playing as evasively as possible while summoning phantoms.

so level 60 +3(for a boss/special weapon) is the absolute maximum for aldritch? I haven't done pvp yet in 3 (did a shit ton in 1) and wanna start while I have the time to