/deg/ - Dr. Eggman General

Welcome to the Doctor Eggman General. Let's worship and praise our benevolent master and conqueror, Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik! Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/deg/ #703 - Boiled Egg Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_31houtERxg
soundcloud.com/bunnydroidnina/central-tune-speedy-sonic-sibs-v2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>First off, the GUN that killed Maria isn't the same GUN that tried to kill Shadow

Yes they are. They're still the same shady "shoot first, ask questions later" organization they were 50 years ago. These are the people who seriously thought Sonic was the bad guy in SA2 when Shadow looks literally nothing like him. These are the people who put goddamn ANTIMATTER CANNONS in their robots. These are the people who will shoot Shadow in Westopolis, unprovoked, before the Commander even knows he's involved.

They didn't regret killing Maria until Shadow saved the world. Twice. And even then it was only because they felt like assholes, not because they did anything against their usual "protocol".

*/drg/ - Dr. Robotnik General

>I'm sorry user, but shits retarded.
Eh, no prob. Trust me, you're the least worst person to argue so far on this thread. As for your critiques:

>Why didn't shadow travel back in time and save Maria.
Do you mean in Shadow or 06? Because most of the ARK levels are memories, not actual points in time. And, in 06, he was presumably more concerned with saving the world than saving Maria.

>Why did black doom need the chaos emeralds.
Aside from the fact that they grand near-unlimited energy to the bearer of all 7 Emeralds, he used them to perform a massive Chaos Control to teleport the Black Comet above Earth and release a paralyzing gas upon the inhabitants to feed them to the Black Arms.

Reminder that getting into arguments over ugly rats instead of praising your new ruler is lame & makes you no better than said ugly rats.

Yeah but why did he use the chaos emeralds to fucking put black comet above earth

Was he trying to conquer it

If he was why did he help Gerald and create shadow

>more concerned with saving the world
Highly doubtful, the minute shadow could time travel, he would have saved Maria. Shadows character got completely ass fucked by shadows story line, and it just got worse in 06

>Was he trying to conquer it
That depends. Does paralyzing the planet's inhabitants and eating them count as conquering? Or would that be more like a slave trade than anything?

>If he was why did he help Gerald and create shadow
Because Gerald promised him the Chaos Emeralds, a.k.a. the most powerful objects in the world. Granted, the plan was for them to come back 50 years later to get them, and by that time, Gerald went crazy from G.U.N. killing his projects, his funding, and his granddaughter. Still though, who would pass up the Chaos Emeralds?

>the minute shadow could time travel, he would have saved Maria.
What is the point in saving Maria if there's no time to spend with her? Mephiles was trying to get the Emeralds, and if he got them and fused with Iblis, everything would have gone to shit, just because Shadow wanted to spend time with Maria. That also contradicts his desire to put his past behind him in Shadow and his focused nature in general (SA2, 06, Rivals 1 & 2, and Colors DS).

youtu.be/_31houtERxg

This surprisingly well-edited trailer was posted last thread. Sonic going through the rings timed to the music is brety gud.

>Tfw 8-9 months until forces

Why have you forsaken me, izuka?

I'm still kind of paranoid with Nakumura producing

Not because of 06, but because he hasnt had a major role in developing a sonic game that wasn't 06

He did some other sonic team games, but not sonic. It worries me deeply, because this totally means he will either hit it out of the park and it will be everything people wanted it to be, or it will be mess that has flawed controls and lame gimmicks COUGH BILLY HATCHER COUGH.

> Sonic Forces
This logo objectively needs to take itself less seriously. You're making a Sonic game, not the next big shooter. And it's too dim, the kids will walk right by it on the shelves.

Post great Sonic game logos.

So now that we know Forces is just Generations 2, what was the whole deal with talking it up as an ' all new game not a sequel '. Did something change or was it early damage limitation.

Ironically enough, aren't young kids looking forward to the next shooters these days?

Post Nikole

Bump

> Sonic FORCES
> Sonic's friends are still NPC's

>level title card transitions in as Rooftop Run
>the letter 'i' drops into Run to make Ruin
Would be pretty damn neat. They did something similar in Lost World.

are we using this one or not?

It's the most recent so yes.
But we should probably go back to normal next thread to avoid confusion, or at least keep sthg in the op somewhere.

Nobody calls him that anymore!

I still call him that, but more people here are triggered by robotnik than Eggman so I figure why create a fuss.

The other one was made by someone trying to shit on things he doesn't like. It eould be like if I made a thread called "Boost Games are objectively Shit Edition".
We can keep it /deg/ for a while but next to the number edition in the body text we should keep it as /sthg/

Those glasses are not big enough for his eyes

We need more stylistic hedgehogs.

Which one was it?

I guess SEGA know their audience for once.

Probably only storyline wise, as we're probably not going through past levels again.

But Classic was brought back anyways, so who knows?

SLOW

*knowing smile

Fun joke.

Cap me.

So, who else is happy to hear that Mania's been delayed to summer?

All the more time for it to gain more hype and sell even more

I am, because I know that extra time is actually going into polishing the game to a shine.

What I'm curious about is when Forces will be released, and how far into development it actually is.

OVA knuckles is cute

>tfw your favorite level gets included

Good shit

With Flying Battery in, my favourite level, Metropolis Zone, probably won't get in, but I'm happy with Flying Battery.

this girl is my fantasy. She's taking over my life, and I don't even know her name.
/deg/, won'tcha help an user out?

>Suprise bitch, the level
>your favorite
I must ask why.

What will CD and 3's levels be?
I personally would like to see Quartz Quadrant and Ice Cap Zone.

Let me just put it into perspective for you.
Wacky Workbench is my favourite CD level.

>he fell for the 3D meme
Get this man back on the right track.

I'll just say that she's cute and that's it.

3D is perfectly acceptable
however humans are not

soundcloud.com/bunnydroidnina/central-tune-speedy-sonic-sibs-v2

Feeling uncomfortable yet?

Reposting my post from /egg/ because I didn't see the new thread:

The kids over at Gammas Grim are bitching about Days of Future Fast. I don't get this fandom. What was bad about the preview we saw for Forces? Also, they brought back best level for Mania, so I'm pleased.

One of the Desert Ruins levels had a ^s insterted into the title card to make ti "Dessert Ruins"

>helping a fellow user become a super stalker to a qt nerd girl

yeah, no

I'm having trouble following what you're asking.

>that user that attended is hitting this RIGHT NOW
How does it feel to be super-cucked?

People are somehow disappointed that this is basically Generations 2 even though anyone with half a brain should've expected that the moment Classic Sonic showed up in the trailer. Sonic fans also have a habit of comparing any news to the worst case scenario, which is not entirely without merit but also tends to cause a lot of unnecessary bitching. For example, thinking Wisps will be as bad as they were in Lost World, thinking that having NPCs talk in the games means they'll either be like the Generations final boss or Shadow's mission structure, and so on.

And of course there's the group of whiny Adventurefaggots who aren't happy with anything but you should just ignore them.

People are acting like the Forces preview was the most disappointing thing since '06, and I'm not seeing why they are bitching.

>sonic fans
>bitching about a new game
Color me shocked.

So considering a total of twelve people actually bothered to play the Rivals series, why did Sonic Team decide that these games were the canon history of Eggman Nega?
Especially considering the Rush games were better, and better recieved.

Again, it depends on what exactly they're bitching about. Also keep in mind that different people will bitch about different things.

Trailer comes out and a group of people bitch that it's too edgy like Shadow and 06. Then the gameplay is released and people are told that the opening level is the darkest and another group of people bitch because they think it means the rest of the game will be preschooler toddler crap like Lost World.

Wisps show up and people bitch because they think it'll be like Lost World and not like Colors (notice how in the gameplay trailer Sonic doesn't boost until he hits a Wisp canister, so it'll probably be like Colors where you start with no boost and only get it from Wisps).

People hear that NPCs will talk during the first level and it makes people think that it'll either be like the final boss of Generations or the mission structure of Shadow.

People hear that there's a new character and a third gameplay style and it makes them think of something like Rouge or Silver or the Werehog and not a character like Yacker or a gameplay style like the Adventure/Unleashed plane segments or Rush Adventure boating.

And there's people who just hate boost in general, and other people who hate the classic Sonic will be in the game at all.

Because Iizuka was in charge of the Rivals games and now he's in charge of Sonic Team.

What a hack.

Sonic 1 - GHZ
Sonic 2 - ARZ
Sonic 3 - ICZ
Sonic and Knuckles - FBZ
Sonic CD - QQ

Is Rivals any good? It's probably the only sonic handheld game I haven't played besides Battle.

Who could have guessed that one of the worst fanbase on the planet complains about games they've never played

what are these? confirmed mania levels?

They're basically filler. Short, nothing really good but nothing really garbage either, they're complete inoffensive time-wasters.

AARON IS THAT YOU

SCREEN CAP THIS POST

Also

>No stardust speedway

0/10 Aaron you're a fraud

FUCK OFF WITH STARDUST SPEEDWAY

>adventurecucks whine too much
and what were classicfags doing before mania was announced?

NO

STARDUST SPEEDWAY IS WICKED SICK, STAY MAD CC AND QQ FAGS

I DON'T EVEN LIKE CD YOU MONGOLOID. I'M JUST TIRED OF THE SAME ZONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN

CD level will be Wacky Workbench

>not wanting wacky workbench

>Implying classicfags still aren't whining
>Implying classicfags will EVER stop whining

Friendly reminder sky sanctuary isn't yellow enough, classic Sonics shade of blue isn't right, and if sonic has green eyes the game is instantly shit.
STARDUST SPEEDWAY HAS ONLY BEEN PLAYABLE ONE TIME IN THE ENTIRE SERIES

ALL WE SEE IS THE STAGE OR REFERENCES TO IT, CD IS THE ONLY TIME WE ACTUALLY PLAY IT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

>Ice Cap
no fucking way is this list real. this and carnival night are probably licensing nightmares due to the King of Pop

FUCK YOOOOOOUUUUU

not worth the time. also the ost is on the same level as colors: one or two good songs and the rest are forgettable. and that's pretty damn bad

What about hydrocity

That mite b cool
GET OFF MY SANIC GENERAL YOU FUCKING

BOOST TO WINNIN'
NOT ROLLIN'
BLUE ARMS LOVIN'
WAIFU FAGGIN'

BAD TASTE HAVIN' NORMIE!!!!!

I love hydrocity. I thought it was confirmed awhile ago that the song was made by a jap from sega?

Ice cap still is what the level SHOULD be, but hydrocity would be the second choice.

Also

>pronouncing it high-dro-city
>not HIGH-DRAW-SITTY like a fucking pro

>Implying classicfags still aren't whining
are they? the only complaints I ever see are "muh romhack", "CD music sucks", and that Mania doesn't do enough to set itself apart from the classics like 1 through 3 & K plus CD do from each other

Dude the fact they complain about those three things just prove they'll never be satisfied

If it's too different it's not classic, if it's too similar it's rehash romhack oc donut steel

There's no middle ground for them

Realized today that my cases for Adventure 2 and Heroes don't close properly anymore. What would be the easiest way to find replacements for GameCube cases?

>hydro city
>a water city
>hydrocity
>madeup word from hydro and velocity, which means a fast paced water level

it's literally the chemical plant of sonic 3 so i say high-draw-sitty

More like hydroshitty

I am the eggman
It's what I am
I am the eggman
I got the master plan

I'm good with anything that's not carnival night

>wanting launch base
ewwww

Launch Base is dope though

>end of Sonic Forces trailer
>PS is trademark of Sony
>Switch is trademark of Nintendo
>nothing about Xbox
this is always weird to me

Anyone else kind of prefer the slight added designs of the riders series? Even Silver got some new looking shoes

Japan's not reallly part of the xbox crowd so they tend to be omitted.

I give them an "eh." Boom does what they're trying to do better.

what the fuck is wrong with launch base

The hi-tops are his best shoes and the shades are fine so yeah I'm down with it.

With all that stupid sports tape? No.

Let me rephrase that: I think their look in Riders is fantastic for that series' "jet-set-radio-esque" setting, but I'd prefer Boom's designs for more traditional Sonic gameplay. Riders' look just doesn't seem like something Sonic would go adventuring in.

Nicci lifts my dicki