Mexico
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
China
Austria
UK

Everyone else for 5000 years.

Preserve your prophets or lose your profits.

You can't hold air...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin-silver-copper
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restriction_of_Hazardous_Substances_Directive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_mining#By-product_gold_mining
data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl
data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=50&year1=1913&year2=2016
reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-settlement-silver-idUSKBN12H2HB
discord.gg/kmJ3WjW
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Metals are a a meme. Enjoy missing market gains.

Silver is overvalued by the way and gets easier to mine everyday.

Touch it.

It's real.

It's even in that solder holding your phone, tablet, pc together.

Silver or continue to feel pain.

It is up to you.

This.

Nothing intrinsically valuable about silver or gold. Bitcoin is the same.

It's just another speculative gamble like a regular stock. It's not a good replacement for fiat currency.

Why not rare earth metals instead?

Nah bro I'll take a century worth of market gains data versus metalbugs and doomsday fags advice.

Metals
Are
Memes

Then why do we use them as raw materials to construct the internet?

You are aware that you are typing in Veeky Forums and stating your opinion because silver and gold right?

Without them it WOULD NOT be possible.

Do I need Bitcoin to let my conscious air out in Veeky Forums?

No I don't.

So if the metals don't have intrinsic value then by all means please set all your technology down because it is worth absolutely nothing to you.

You can't eat silver

Lots of things are "real" doesn't mean they are worth investing in.

The thing with metals is that by themselves they don't generate value. Just go look at the data you fool, metals across the board are a shit investment despite your memeing.

They will get every last ounce back that you stuffed in the meme magicians favorite tool.

It's ok if you don't accept it.

It will be real when it happens.

never understood why the Maple leaf technically has more silver in it (although a tiny amount), yet it is always cheaper than the Eagle

Gold and silver conduct electricity pretty good but so does copper and aluminum, even stainless steel and those are much cheaper.

Industries do not use enough gold and silver to justify their high price tag. Why not invest in sand for the silicon if you believe in the raw material side of the computer industry?

If gold and silver did not exist we'd still have the same technology. It's not a critical material, unlike many rare earth metals.

Silver is THE BEST conductor.

I'll let the sink in while pondering moon trains.

Please tell me the story of how long your technology lasts without gold contacts.

I'd love to hear it.

You seem mentally unstable. Enjoy our nogains, investing in metals is right where your kind belongs.

Get meme metals, meme coin, meme stock, meme bonds, meme property, meme everything! Wu-Tang knows the way, diversify.

Metals are a fine replacement for fiat money - you just have to fix the price of the metals. The Bank is already doing this.

Metals may not grow like the market does, and that's okay. Metals help preserve my wealth against the ravages of inflation. A constitutional quarter bought a gallon of gas back when, just as it does now. I would hope that all Americans hold silver in the forms as prescribed by the Constitution. Just a few dollars is all we would need to overcome the initial 72 hours.

I can eat silver it just takes science, or Infowars.

My speculation regarding the Canadian Maple being cheaper than the American Eagle has to do with their face value currencies. You want an American dollar or a Canadian one? Never mind that they are actually $2 CAD or roughly $1.5 USD vs $1.00 USD.

Learn how to secure gains.

Or keep playing Russian roulette with your "gains".

Silver is the best conductor but it gets melty and increases in resistance if too many amps get pushed through it and corrodes over time more than the alternatives.Why silver is virtually never used in electronics, even less than gold and platinum.

Without gold contacts you use copper-based contacts in replaceable componets. Or pallidium, it's cheaper than gold now even though it's much rarer and a better material.

I'm an electrician ask me anything.

You gotta buy the only currency that really matters: land.

>The thing with metals is that by themselves they don't generate value.

what are some things that DO generate value?

Never used in electronics?

Muh sides!

Every piece of electronics that is Rohs compliant and contains solder uses SAC solder.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin-silver-copper

Let it sink in...

People that get paid with real money.

When you get paid with fiat/digital shit you get shit in return.

Then buy pallets of solder, not silver, if you believe that's going up in value.

They can make solder out of different materials you know that right? Supply and demand, alternatives create price ceilings for materials and everything else. They'll rewrite the code if they need to even if it means using aluminum solder everywhere.

Glad your sides are getting so much exercise you'll need that abdominal endurance for manual labor after silver goes back to $5/ oz like it historically has.

They were making solder out of different materials for a long long time.

They just rewrote the code with Rohs.

The RoHS 1 directive took effect on 1 July 2006.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restriction_of_Hazardous_Substances_Directive

Eagles already have a face of $1.00

Your $5 is a little over the top.

Guess it depends on what "dollars" we are measuring in.

You probably can't see that far in the future though.

>Eagles already have a face of $1.00

that is NOT how you want to back your argument up senpai

>nothing intrinsically valuable

So we need a barter system then? The impracticability of which lead to gold and silver being used as mediums of exchange in the first place?

Money must be:

>portable
>divisible
>fungible
>durable
>medium of exchange
>unit of account
>store of value

Fiat currency is not a store of value. Metals are not "investments", they are money itself. Money is the hedge against fiat currency and all the manipulation that it entails. Metals don't generate value, they ARE value.

Stocks
Real Estate
Bonds

you could make the argument that silver could be a good investment, just based on the fact that it is a decently important industrial commodity that never degrades. If however the worlds economies got sent back to the stone age it would become money as society gets rebuilt.

You won't live long enough to see that. You'll want water, food, ammo, and guns. Don't have that and someone will come take your silver.

>Preserve your prophets

How many ounces of silver should one own?

While I do believe our economic system could collapse before our very eyes, I don't get how all these doom and gloomers forget all the infrastructure that already exists. They'll be food shortages but I don't expect a walking dead scenario unless we have a Venezuela styled government.

Between zero and none.

If you just want collect as a hobby sure go for it, but its not a good long term investment despite what the dwarf will tell you. There is an abudance of it and it gets easier to mine all the time. Also if you try to sell no one will pay market value, it will spot price.

well if you're a doom and gloomer you'd want like a 500-1000 troy ounces and you'd want in the form of 90% silver dimes or something similar in size. If you were rich as fuck at some point you would max out the amount of silver you'd want to buy and instead buy gold coins.

>it gets easier to mine all the time
source?

not him but silver and gold are byproducts of mining base metals. Copper, zinc, lead, and molybdenum mines produce almost all of the silver that's currently mined. And they produce it very cheap since they have to process the ore anyways to get the base metals they're actually after.

Most precious metals production costs essentially nothing and will happen even if the price collapses to pennies per pound.

>Most precious metals production costs essentially nothing and will happen even if the price collapses to pennies per pound

so are you saying silver is more abundant in this sense than gold? because I doubt something that is $1200/ oz these miners/companies just take as a "byproduct" of base metal mining

>are you saying silver is more abundant in this sense than gold?
yes.
> I doubt something that is $1200/ oz these miners/companies just take as a "byproduct" of base metal mining
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_mining#By-product_gold_mining

I just know there's SOMETHING more intrinsically valuable that separates them from zinc, copper, lead, etc,..... they have retained value consistently for good reason

oh there is. It's pretty rare. It's not like copper mines have an unlimited supply of gold on hand. They only get a ton or two for perhaps hundreds of thousands of tons of copper produced.

its value is real, it's just not necessarily dependent on what it costs to produce it.

I did. What's the big deal?

Go look at inflation adjusted historical prices for gold and silver. They do hold value, but nothing like the inflated overbought prices you see lately.

, Gold was about $300 an oz, silver around 6$ and it was stable at thoses prices until a lot of """experts"""" started shilling for it and zombie-Apocalypse tin-foilers fags started hoarding it too.

So gold and silver are in a bubble. If you buy iit you are placing a bet that society will both collapse VERY soon AND that people will accept your metal in exchange for things with actual value like food or medicine. That or you think the insanity will continue forever and that prices will never correct.

>Fiat currency is not a store of value. Metals are not "investments", they are money itself. Money is the hedge against fiat currency and all the manipulation that it entails. Metals don't generate value, they ARE value.
Same goes for bitcoin. Speculators forget that it is money and mistakenly call it an investment.

>So gold and silver are in a bubble
perhaps, but you're ignoring population vs inventory.

gold prices have gone way up, but it's also much more rare now as a per-capita stock. Assuming lots of people want it, demand is now exponentially higher than historic figures.

My assertion is the demand for it now is mostly a fad and that $300/oz is closer to it's actual 'intrinsic' value, as compared to other rare metals.

$1200/ oz is crazy and all it'd take is for the shills to point people toward some other metal, say iridium or palladium that's rarer and more useful and the price of gold could go right back to the floor of $300/oz. Silver is the same way just to a lesser extent.

>My assertion is the demand for it now is mostly a fad
agreed, but it was also historically even more of a fad.

throughout most of its history it had no industrial purpose at all, demand was based entirely on desire. The fact that it's desired more now and by more people is in keeping with its history.

so my counterargument is that this is a fad that has been going on for thousands of years without showing any indication of stopping.

If its just perceived to have value because it's traditionally assumed to be valuable, then as a store of value gold and silver isn't much different than fiat currency. It's an awful form of 'money' compared to the USD.

Since commodities are priced in USD you could argue the currency is essentially backed by petroleum, copper, wheat, ect since it is directly exchanged for those things. Retail customers get hosed if they go to buy and sell physical gold. You don't get a fair spot price unless it's traded in the form of an ETF and then you actually pay money as an expense ratio for the ETF to store and guard the gold. Sounds like inflation in that it's a steady drain on the value of your stored wealth.

I think gold makes sense as a traditional store of value when it's at it's historical prices, as it is anymore it's just good for speculation like regular ass stocks.

>I think gold makes sense as a traditional store of value when it's at it's historical prices,
you may be right.
But from what I've seen the price was artificially held down by the US and other players up until the 70's and 80's when we saw massive spikes well above current values.

current value adjusted for inflation is low compared to actual bubbles in recent history. I was panning gold at a time when its buying power in current dollars was about $9,500 per troy oz. US.

It's always possible it will go lower, but I'd guess your predictions are based on artificially depressed prices, particularly that period up until 1975 when the US kept the price at $35 per ounce and banned private ownership of the stuff.

Brb, chowing down on some delicious bitcoins

Yeah gold has had it's moments, but they've been cyclical and always went back down. Also governments placed more value in it back then. Maybe $300 is artificially depressed prices but that's how it's been since from about 1980-2000. Prices went up when the economy was in a recession historically but now the prices have climbed in the middle of an 8 year long bull market.

It could stay expensive forever, but I think that's really unlikely. Gold and silver are more likely in a bubble and something will pop it sooner rather than later. Now is the time to sell.

Can eat gold, tho...

>Why not rare earth metals instead?
Like what

i wouldnt say they are a meme they are a shity investment though but thats not why people should buy them

We have bitcoin now grandpa

but you never said when i should have bought silver at $5 but i bought at $15 which was really stupid in retrospect. i will buy again under $7. the fundamentals are right it should be profitable to sell silver coins bought under $7 at one point or an other in the future.

you are a fucking retard if you buy now tho.

>mfw buying the cheapest low mint gold/silver coins each quarter

no brainer. bitcoin isn't collectable and over the long term i see it being replaced by a more widely accepted blockchain

Just some information about Silver and it's fiat value:

The Silver Eagle has a face value of One Dollar.

This is the inflation calculator provided by your United States government: data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl

How much is one 1913 Dollar worth (inception of the fed) today after their inflation adjustments?

$24.38

The dollar back then was a silver certificate.

You could redeem one ounce of silver for 1 U.S. Dollar.

This means Silver is manipulated and is undervalued according to the U.S governments own calculator.

Let it sink in deep...

As a side note one U.S. Gold Eagle has a $50 dollar face.

What is $50 in 1913 worth today?

$1,218.95

data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=50&year1=1913&year2=2016

Gold only slightly undervalued at the moment but damn near close to retaining it's exact purchasing power since 1913

Hedge your prophets or lose all your profits.

It's your choice.

And if you need any proof that silver is manipulated then look no further than DeutscheBank.

Admitted fraud and manipulation caught red handed.

Deutsche Bank to pay $38 million in U.S. silver price-fixing case
reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-settlement-silver-idUSKBN12H2HB

wait... you are seriously mixing things up here.
first there is inflation 240% since that okay, but that only means the face value of the silver dollar is meaningless. it doesn't tell us anything about the price of silver since it's no longer attached to anything. (except maybe for gold psychologically)

silver is manipulated okay, but you re missing a serious point. does this manipulation is actually meaningful? for the past 30 years it's pretty normal looking. maybe slightly underpriced if you look at it this way. it's not just manipulation simply silver lost a lot of it's former significance. it gained industrial significance instead. it became much more a commodity than gold. and silver is not even mined for itself it's a byproduct of other metals mining.

For the life of me I cannot think of a good reason to own physical metals.

> Less liquity than stocks, bonds, etc.
> Threat of theft or physical damage
> No dividend
> Very little value appreciation in real terms

On top of it all, my favorite argument made by goldfags is that "it would still have value if the financial system collapsed." If the financial system collapsed, the only two metals that would count for anything would be brass and lead. Your gold coins won't save you if someone decides to just shoot your ass.

Have fun paying those taxes, metalcucks.

impeccable logic my man!

Most of the big goldbugs i know never talk about anything about gold. The ones that keep screaming about muh apocalypse monies are usually those who only have several gold coins.

$1000 dollar silver someday.

Here's the invite for the official Veeky Forumsdiscord if anyone's interested.

discord.gg/kmJ3WjW

>pic related

Only too much Mercury gives you Autism.

Everyone knows that.

Why not both? C'mon Veeky Forums why don't you have a diverse portfolio?

gold is exempt from most

however it can be seized by the govenment

>muh infinite resources

Please cite.

bullion gold usually doesn't have vat is what he means. and he is right.

I own kilos of silver and BTC too

Both are tanking

>mfw

silver will continue to fall for a good while but in the end you can cash out of it almost guaranteed with profit at one point.

btc however is a gamble and will remain so. chances are you will see exorbitant yield on it a lot sooner than silver but it can actually lose all worth and hope.

VAT? We're talking about the US, the only country that matters.

kys.

>btc however is a gamble and will remain so. chances are you will see exorbitant yield on it a lot sooner than silver but it can actually lose all worth and hope.

So true.

They won't COPE and they can't COPE with inevitable END

It scares the poo out of them

21 btc & 100oz or more of Ag and HODL

W R O N G
R
O
N
G