Does it matter how much milleage a 2010 corolla has since its a well..corolla?

Does it matter how much milleage a 2010 corolla has since its a well..corolla?..
Im looking to buy one but most are 7k or higher with 100 kplus mileage.... im a noob

100k shouldn't be too bad on most japanese cars. The real problem you can end up with on the cheapo japanese shitboxes is zero maintenance. You'll want to make sure that oil changes and such have happened with some sort of regularity.

I have a 2008 Corolla with 260k+ miles. I replaced the clutch 10k miles ago. Other than that, the car has been solid. Just make sure the seller has kept up on maintenance.

Why not get a 2014-2015? I think they really stepped it up starting in 2014. I drove a company car that was this and the led headlights look almost like hid. Loved the aux port built in. I like the aggressive look on the front, the rear is okay, the side isn't too pretty. I've been looking at them on CL, can get one for around 10k-12k, seen a few as low as 9k. All clean title, no damage.

They were probably used by Uber drivers. Avoid.

Buy a civic for 3k faggot. Why are you wasting the extra 4k?

Can you elaborate more on this civic for 3k meme i always see here? What year? How much mileage is good for that?

Its a bad meme that's been repeated for 10 years here.

Usually the car will have 170k+ miles or rusted to shit unless its the deep south.

So its not worth getting a civic for 3k? Its just to trick newfriends?

It's not a trick. 01-05. between 130-200k miles. Just buy one with the best exterior and cleanest interior. Mechanical shit is cheap to fix in comparison. Buy it for 2-3k put another 3k into it worst case scenario over a few years. By then you'll be tired of it and hopefully have saved enough for a nicer car.

Oh and if you buy a corolla with 100k miles for 7k it'll still need pretty much all the suspension, brakes, and other random things so it works out to 7k + ~2k over the same time period.

Thanks anons

Why do corollas need suspension work? Civics don't need brakes what?

Because bushings will be worn out by then. If you get a civic that had a good owner with higher mileage chances are they were already replaced.

I still don't get it.

If both cars are around 100k, wouldn't both need new bushing and brakes or other similar 100k service maintenance?

"if the you get a civc that had a good owner.."
and if you get a corolla with a good owner? again i don't see the difference

There isn't one.

Corolla > Civic, high mileage Civics burn oil.

Could always get a Protege/3 as well, they're plenty reliable.

If you get a mazda 3, a few things to note

Passenger side Engine mount is shit.
The Automatic Transmission fucking strugges on steep hills and moutians
08 is the best year.

Fuck toyota leds
Shits are stupid bright and aimed too high

>08 is the best year

That stupid fucking facelifted grille is disgusting, though.

Buy an E120 they're fantastic
The only thing to watch out for is when the cat needs to be replaced (if you live in a state where that matters.). Mine needed to be done around 140k or so.
Don't pay more than 5k.

Uh, yeah. What's a suspension? Something a high mileage shitbox probably doesn't have anymore. Toyotas economy engines are detuned for longetivity. The rest? Isn't magic.

>$7k
You can get a low mileage 8th gen Accord for that much and it's a better car in every single way

Civics are expensive. A 3k one will be shit. A 3k cavalier on the other hand doesn't even exist, they're all 2k for 2004 under 100k models.

You'd have to be retarded to buy domestic though.

Unless it's a Geo Prism or something, but I digress.

This

>massive on the inside
>reliable
>great gas mileage
>K series 4 banger or a stout J series V6
>sedan version isn't trashed by rice kiddies
>comfy seats
>massive gas tank
>option of a manual that won't make you want to kill yourself
>plenty of features if you avoid the LX and EX poverty spec models
>VTEC YO

Why don't people shill this car more often here as a daily driver? It's so much better than a Civic

There is a good video on YouTube of some guy disassembling and cleaning an engine just like this. It ran perfectly fine after he cleaned it up and got fresh oil in it, lol

>he doesn't want a manically happy Mazda

Ur disgusting

>It ran perfectly fine
I doubt it, cams are probably fucked

Then ignore my hypothetical repairs. 3k civic and another 3k in repairs or a 7k corolla and 2k in repairs over the same time period.
high mileage civics don't burn oil more than any other car. It all depends on the previous owners.

Except now that the ricers have fucked up all of the Integras, S2000s, and RSX, they're going for these now and it's disgusting.

They go for the coupes, thankfully. Stick with the sedans and you should be fine

They're the same price used. Main difference people choose civic is cheaper maintenance, other than that, they must be retarded.

>cheaper maintenance
I never understood this reasoning some people have, as if the cheaper car is always going to have cheaper maintenance

The same year Civics are just so poorly put together, I've seen them in Canada with sunfaded paint which defies logic

The cavaliers can go 250k+ miles. They've also been re-branded as Toyotas in japan during the 90s. They're very cheap and all the maintenance is cheap.

They're also 90's GM garbage, and being rebadged as a Toyota for the JDM (note: correct use of that phrase) doesn't change that.

Something about how it's boring while people here circle jerk over 25 year old Miatas and 35 year old Corolla shitboxes

Gas, tires, oil, all fluids. It adds up for some people, probably an extra 100-200 a month, which may or may not be a lot. Sucks if you're expecting that much more to sacrifice driving a midsize.

I use Michelin Defenders for my DD

Poor people will bitch that they're expensive but they have a stupid high 800 tread wear rating so they pay for themselves in the long run

Damn penny pinchers will never understand

>re-branded as Toyotas

Dressing a hobo in a Tom Ford suit doesn't make him a CEO, so rebadging absolute pieces of shit as brands that are actually reliable doesn't make a Cavalier a good car

Bright is good. HID runs too hot, LED is the future for all cars. They all have cut off shields bruh.

Except for Toyota's apparently since they're always the ones with ridiculous amounts of glare