/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Queer Sky Edition

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
vid.me/S8tt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

Stalkers, if money were no object, what suit would be the best to use (barring the obvious exo)?

Obviously the exo

It's so barren and dead in here I might accidentally walk into an anomaly.

5th for dead general

also, what SoC mod for that vanilla+ experience?

SEVA because generally you can see death coming from bullets somewhat, anomalies/radiation however...

Daily reminder that Freedumbs are better armed bandits and mercs are better armed freedumbs

Join Duty

Daily reminder that you're a heretic if you don't worship the Monolith.

reminder that weebs are aids

>Be Monolith
>Get BTFOd by bandits using NATO gear and flektarn camo

Stop selling artifacts to people who aren't Ecologs

About 400 hardsaves in to stalkersoup, can someone explain to me why the fuck I decided to play through this? I'm determined to finish it but the game is actively working against me.

Why when I could just be a better armed duty with military?

Radiophobia

I played through that one, it's a bit too much for my PC to handle at times.

How's LURK?

>Military
>Better armed

Those poor sods got the STALKER equivalent of "reassigned to antarctica"

Everyone but Duty and Ecologs are hostile to them

Also unlike the military the Duty leaders actually care about their soldiers

So yeah join Duty and save the planet

>dolg
>actually doing anything useful

I've actually never played lurk. I heard its hard to see anything but I'll try it someday. Have you played autumn Aurora 2.1? Or even better, AMK Autumn Aurora?

Why is Darkscape such a shit map, and why does every fucking mod put it back in the game?

dude of little girth

>every fucking mod
literally every fucking mod even literally skyrim has it in literally every mod

F R E E D O M
R
E
E
D
O
M

SSP-99M or SEVA

A Radiation Suit would be cool (exo suit base layer)

Freedom has the same European backing as the Mercs, if anything Svoboda are underfunded Evologists with a grudge

Duty dipshit retard

If you could go to the Zone and take one thing out, what would it be?

I'd take the anomalous plant found during Call of Pripyat and attempt to clone if

Sunny days are surprisingly comfy.

Are lugging around those anomaly containers worth it in com? I only have stcom, AUTisM and small tweaks for addons. No item mods for money making is what I'm trying to say. This mod is really fun.

>171449385
The military may be shit

but what about Spetsnaz and the Military STALKERs?

Why do Monolith insist on that weird "snowy alps" camo (apparently called "urban camo" but it's less useful than flamengo near everywhere, kinda like the marine corps grey marpat, which is useful only in a quarry)

> european backing
> hanging around smokedoping in decrepit military bases

Ja Nein!

>ayy stalker shampalalalul

What did he mean by this?

"Kill yourself"

Wake up thread!

what movie/show?

All STALKERs die eventually.

Actually from a book (do google image search)

Recently heard that my friend has cancer and is now on chemo after passing through therapy hell.

Whatisthisworld.jpg

Trying again,how can i get trapper to show the trade option,can find his ltx in gamedata

My condolences, buddy.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I was in a psych ward for a week after a suicide attempt, shit sucks.

Kill yourself

I tried but it doesn't work

Git gud

>
It's the tension that comes from pushing you to do all this shit with shitty gear is what makes it fun. That's why after you're done with this will ride you long for CoP/CoC like experience.

if i load a save from one of the underground levels then i get a notification that an emission has occurred
later on i also noticed an increase of artifacts in anomaly fields and i have 12 emissions and 16 psy-storms logged in just 5 days

how to fix?

>Has anyone tried porting the campfire save system from CoM to base CoC?

I have, successfully.

you can see it here, its at the last 20 seconds of the video.
vid.me/S8tt

Is it possible to just kill Borov in OGSE?

gift and a curse my friend

so i've been playing misery for a while and the fucking stamina system is really unbearable. how can i change it so my stamina wont get drained by walking?

cocain

doesnt do jack shit, those extra few kilos i can carry with cocaine rarely tip the balacne enough for me to be able to walk more than 30m
its fucking retarded, i'm carrying a scorpion, a handgun, 120 bullets and some food and repair equipment and i cant even make it off the fucjking skadovs without stopping for a breather

and please, spare me the "muh realism" bullshit, the "fans" of the mod make damn sure to make every thread asking for help useless by spasming out about it

you need to strap into your armour bladder with water and a tube connected to your ass so you can regain stamina. You can strap 5 of those for for even more stamina!

But where does a water filter fit in this equation? That's the question.

i know about camelbacks and aluminium frames and all that stuff, but i want to completely turn off the stamina drain while walking because it saps all the fun out of playing for me

No filter, the more radiation in water, the bigger boost.

wut
with cocaine you can easily run for a minute with 50kgs
whats your class? are you well fed?

i'm recon, well fed and carrying 30/45kg
i cant run and walk for shit and I WANT TO TURN OFF THE STAMINA DRAIN WHILE WALKING
no cocaine, no suit upgrades, no fucking hercules

but since noone on the fucking internet can give me a straight answer, i guess ill just add a bunch of zeroes to everything and have unlimted weight and stamina like i did on my assaulter

What armor are you wearing? Is it fit for your class?

sunrise, medium proficency for all 3 classes

I want to give Clear Sky another go after playing Call of Chernobyl for a while, i miss the faction war mechanic, plus i never finished the story

I want to install a mod to change things up a bit, i can't decide between Mystery and or Warmongers though. Has anyone played either of these mods ?

...or maybe even ditch the whole story mode and just play faction wars

Faction wars is worth a good 50 hours.

At least it was for me, i really enjoyed it just for the ''shoot this and that'' and the squad management.

what's tfw

calm your man tits and edit those values in the actor ltx file stand_power, walk_power, walk_weight_power, overweight_walk_k, accel_k, sprint_k
they are pretty self-explanatory

Install the Les Miserables addon to Misery if you wanna be a casual.

they're not exactly self-explanatory in misery thanks to the mix of russian and bad english for the explenations, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction
i'm a casual when i comes to stamina drain while walking but want to keep everything else, so thats a no go

Then just suffer through it by getting as many camelbaks as you can, stay fed and wait until you get a SEVA and a never ending stash of epi pens so that you can sprint with no stamina loss at 90KG

you want walk_power (Reduction of force for a second during walking without taking into account weight of a burden), walk_weight_power (Reduction of force for a second during walking in view of weight of a burden, for the maximal allowable weight), maybe overweight_walk_k (Factor influence of an overload of a burden (it is multiplied on walk_weight_power)
accel_k is Factor on run (it is multiplied walk_power, walk_weight_power)
sprint_k is Factor on sprint (it is multiplied walk_power, walk_weight_power)

>Boot up Authentic™ Misery™ Remaster™
>get quest to kill ten bandits on my own with a sawn-off
>pull the most solid snake shit out there and manage to do it and collect the spoils of war - each bandit drops 1 pistol bullet and a 10% makaroni, except for one bandit who had 2 bullets and a 15% makaroni
>questkeeper rewards me handsomely for my solo quintuple assassination with 50 RUB and a can of beans
>begin minigame to safely open can of beans, fail to get the torque right, cut finger on lid
>bleeding rapidly, also the can was irradiated and now I am too
>use my one bandage but it's not enough to stop the massive hemorrhaging I'm experiencing from the can opening incident
>spend last of my money on one more bandage which finally stops the bleeding, but still irradiated and no money for vodka
>fortunately, the game offers me the realistic option of presenting my anus to a loner in the bar in exchange for a shot of vodka
>get infected with HIV, but he lets me snort some free cocaine off his cock, which everyone knows you should always be on in Misery™

off to a good start fellas

you better sell dat boipussi good

fiddled around with all of those, first decreasing everything and than making it insanely high, and theres no change whatsoever. and yes, i am editing the correct actor.ltx

back to CoC i guess

>Misery doesn't have irradiated swamp water
wtf
thank God for mods they say do not install alongside.

try to just slightly decrease accel_k

do you mongoloids carry sidearms ingame and have they ever been useful e.g. saved your life?

i can count only on one hand all the times in all of my stalker playthroughs where a sidearm would have been useful

so do you fellas separate the extra 2kg of carry space or do you do the sensible thing and use that room for more patches and vodka?

military stalker not so smug after getting gangbanged by 14 stalkers

Monolith came into existence because a bunch of eggheads wanted to lock down the centre of the zone and probably just pumped money into equipment without a second thought.

tried changing it to 1.0 and then to 0.7 from 1.3, no change

thanks for all the help, but at this point the only thing i want to stalk is the creator of this mod so i can cut his self-flaggelating balls off.

yeah i used to carry a pisol in SoC Amnesia.
it was shit and saved me only twice.
later you won't go anywhere under the shotgun/sniper/assault rifle combinations.

sidearms are for when you empty a mag and have no time to reload or when you completely run out of ammo. not to mention any other use for them you can find. if you aren't using sidearms, you're not playing to your full potential.

Kill yourself

get gud or get rekt you filthy contrarian. or gimme mone plox and I'll forgive u

try to slightly decrease walk_weight_power and walk_power

Kill yourself

For the same reason why Duty uses black and red armor/clothing and why clear sky uses china's sky blue camo

To look unique and besides it would be boring if every faction used woodland camo (altrough digital flora Duty would be neat)

Military STALKERs would be a rare sight and it would take alot of time and effort for a some private nobody to get their corrupt leaders to say "hey this is can shoot people good give him a AS-VAL and a Bulat"

>What is hunting mutants?
>What is killing bandits?
>What is helping ecologists?

For a faction backed by NATO they sure got eternally BTFOd by bandits

Oh here is the chinse blue camo that i told you

>at this point the only thing i want to stalk is the creator of this mod so i can cut his self-flaggelating balls off
Are you sure that's not exactly what he wants you to do?

They're plenty useful. They still kill fuckers dead, and they're light. Especially with .45 ACP pistols where they kill fuckers very very dead. They're sidearms, e.g. they fill a secondary role, but if you're desperate you can still wreck shit with it as a primary.
What, does it not have enough stoppan powah? Please, you should be headshotting everyone to begin with. Even the shittiest of 9mm pistols can two or three-shot a poopsuit from the head.
My favorite secondaries thus far are PB and the USP dess.

Pistols in warfighter are a hoot

i have killed exosuited people with 2 to 3 shots of a TT-33

Yeah, the PB is a solid handgun for when you're really hunting for stash locations off of incapacitated NPCs though the damage on the Fort 12 with Camo had better chances at doing that as legshots with it seemed to down people more reliably than 9x18.and other 9x19 pistols

PB is really quite an underrated little gem. People think that just because it's a single-stack 9x18mm it must be shit, like the Makarov. But oh no it isn't. Thanks to its suppressor it's super quiet, and any base invasion becomes an in-and-out job. Now add some +P rounds into the mix and pop pop pop, you'll be watching niggas drop.
For general-purpose usage though you'll probably prefer to have a double-stack like the Fort-12, it's much more reliable for that.
Oh, and an honorable mention to the Browning Hİ-Power with its god-tier sights that let you snipe everything from wherever you please. I can't stress how good that sight is.

M93R is a fantastic sidearm, I use it all the time, especially over my ak since M93R does more damage than ak for some indeterminable reason.

Not taking a sidearm is actually retarded and you're just begging to get butt fucked when you don't.
I can't count how many times I've panicked and sprayed and run out of ammo in my main but still had a sidearm to save my ass. It's more useful than you think if you blow ass at video games like I do.

either I have not played stalker in so long I forgot what it looked like, but I dont really remember this fuzzy shit being so prominent or there at all.

enjoy the shrubbery

What's the difference between the calibrated and uncalibrated psi-helmets in CoC/CoM, only just how much time you have to turn off the miracle machine?

Re-modding CoC after been outta the loop for a good long while, does STCOP+Itemsoup not work with Dynamic hud ? I crash every time I attempt to throw a gas mask on.

did ya install it in the right order?
stcop+patch
stcop itemsoup
dynamic hud
dynamic hud stcop patch