28 years old autismo

>28 years old autismo
>lives at home
>idgaf
>75k in bank
>want to be rich
what do?

open a forex account and trade

how much would i need to study? asking cause it will need to be double since i have autism

put it all on red

this! if you win 4 times in a row you are set for life.

convert to zimbabwe dollars
enjoy being a billionaire

Same position as you OP. I put around 5k in some canadian canabis stock, 2.5k in btc and 2.5 in shitcoin.
Worth it for the moment but won't get me rich anytime soon

i have $700 trillion zimbabwe. do you really think it will go up in value? might buy more in the future if i get a good exchange rate (i'm canadian).

howd you get 75k?

>75k
>in bank

>work in family business
>live at home

What's wrong with having money in the bank

not sure if this is bait but here goes...
if you put $75k in a very conservative low risk investment portfolio you would at least get 5% profits/year.

reinvested that would mean you would have $95721.12 after 5 years.

most people here at Veeky Forums would consider that to be "grandpa-tier" investing because the profits and risk are so minimal.

Also when you just keep your money in the bank you are actually LOSING money, due to inflation, which is generally considered to be about 2-3%/year.

Damn. Thanks for explanation. It wasn't bait. I wish Veeky Forums had a sticky like fit does to explain all the basics because I don't understand a lot of this stuff I'm 25 and I have around 85k and most of it just sits in the bank

>very conservative low risk investment portfolio
>you would at least get 5% profits/year

If you can name one such portfolio (and I mean specify, don't just say "lol fixed income" or some stupid shit) then I'll send you 1btc. There's no such thing as "conservative low risk" portfolios that net 5% per year. Hell hedge funds on average only net about 10% per year.

>grandpa-tier
then what would biz consider as good tier?

maybe i have a different idea of low risk than you. i don't mean guaranteed profits. symbol CPD is an example of something in my portfolio that i would consider low risk because its a preferred share ETF - it's pretty much a sure thing that they will always pay the dividend, because dividends get cut on the common stock first. i bought CPD when it was below $12 and paid a 6% dividend. that's low risk to me because i know that the share price is going to go up more. balance that out with some real estate REITS and indexes - yawn, low risk(to me).

the s&p 500 has averaged a 10% return and that includes the great depression and the global financial collapse of 2008. sure it went down alot during that time but if youre just saving it for retirement in 30 years than who cares - just wait for it to go back up. even if you needed to sell your stocks to buy a house around that time, it wouldn't have mattered much because real estate values were depressed too. but look, there just isn't going to be another 2008. that was a once in a lifetime event. the american stock market is going up. maybe european governments will go bankrupt, but fuck 'em.

keeping $75k cash in the bank is just crazy. fuck, just buy some mutual funds even.

biz would consider good tier to be cypto currencies and buying individual stocks. also trying to time the market, shorting stocks, buying options and other types of gambling.

You're well on your way. Just keep working an saving for another 30 years

Day trade a margin account

LoL

Yeah same boat too. Everyone says
>hurr da markets
>muh 5%
but average is misleading for several reasons. We've obviously been in a period of huge gains ones which to lay people aren't that great
>economy is shit better do QE
>economy is great goys! look at the charts buy buy buy

Secondly "markets" haven't been around that long and pretending like it's a statistical surety that things will continue like this forever is a lie.

It does hurt to see it all in the bank and I do contribute to my Roth IRA like a good goy, but I'm not going to dump ~$50k in all at once during an extremely instable time in history.

You can only do $5500 per year into a Roth IRA you retard

Never mind I'm the retard. But yeah I'm sitting on +20k liquid that I don't wanna get in because I don't wanna deal with taxes

This. Don't listen to these fucking boomers who have all their retirement money in stocks and 401ks and want you to buy so they can cash out at a higher price.

>his company doesn't let him do mega backdoor roth

>employer involvement in a post-tax roth

Dropshipping. Look for the drop shopping general on Veeky Forums

koop een huis lucas

Huh you're right bout the limit. I just meant any of those diversified funds.

What to do with it is still a question. The goal is to put it somewhere safe where it will likely increase in value. Putting it all in MMJ would be just as foolish as putting it all in diversified funds.
Are REITS any good?

The way the world is going, picking cryptos out of a hat almost seems like the best strategy.