I've bought a porsche 924 from1980, 100,000 km, completely busted paint, interiors, and it stinks...

I've bought a porsche 924 from1980, 100,000 km, completely busted paint, interiors, and it stinks.The engine doesn't work. I've paid 100$
Now. I have 0 experience on working on cars. I don't know what to do and why it doesn't work.
HOW CAN I FIX IT?
(i don't care about the look, i just want to reapir the engine).

Other urls found in this thread:

texasperformanceconcepts.com/LS1-Basic-Installation-Kit.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you're retarded

>100 $
Why?
I literally can't give a fuck about 100$

These use an Audi/VW engine, which shares the bellhousing bolt pattern with a whole lot of other Audi/VW engines. If it's completely fucked you have a couple of neat options for a new engine.

However, the original engine can probably be fixed. Did the seller not tell you anything?

part it out for a profit since you're obviously clueless.

No... what should i ask him?

Literally why? It's 100$. I don't even need a car, i have a good job and i can spend some time and some cash to learn fixing it.

>slow as fuck
>beat to shit
It's worthless bro. Even in good condition it's worthless. Flipping cars is a waste of time.

scrap it or part it out for profit

This is a very original idea!

best way to fix it is to put it in a crusher

I can't get your point.
It was 100$ and i don't need a car. So i can spend 20 years to fix it and i wouldn't care. I don't want to spend 30.000$ to buy a new one full of shit i don't need like a stereo/leather seats... I just want to learn how to work on engines. You don't even know how the car really is.

even when its working is a big piece of shit

how to fix it for real

this
texasperformanceconcepts.com/LS1-Basic-Installation-Kit.html

and a junkyard Vortec

Any LS will instantly blow the stock tranny.

if youre already spending 2 or 3 thousand in parts why would you not get a new transmission

You need a 944 Turbo/S2 5-speed or 968 6-speed transmission to handle the torque of an LS, which aren't cheap.

Wat just mate up the stock ls tranny that comes with it

what the fuck are you talking about..why would u use a porsche trans and then attempt to adapt it.
you would obviously use a transmission from an ls equipped car that naturally mounts to an ls.

How do you know the trasmission is broken? How can i know what it isn't wotking

Get a Jeep 4.0 and AX-15 for like $300 and see if the shit will just drop the fuck in.

if youre going to swap it why be a cheap bastard

you would have to do a lot of work

these cars use transaxles

I dont

Im saying if you were to swap it you wouldnt want to half ass it

Everything isn't working because its a 928 and if you put an engine that isn't dogshit in it your transmission will shatter.

Scrap it. The 928 does not deserve to be repaired.

It's a 924. Big difference.

Because there's no transmission tunnel. The transmission on these is in the back, fitting the transmission from a stock LS-equipped car would require lots of cutting and welding.

Hell, the whole major selling point of a 944 Turbo is that you don't need an expensive T56 to make an LS work.

I don't know about engines either user, but I want you to know I understand what you did. There is nothing wrong with it, and I hope you fix it up properly

fuck
these retards

Yeah it will drop the fuck in without a transmission tunnel.

I want retarded swapposters to leave.

You can always make a transmisson tunnel.

Welders are like 70$ at harbor frieght and scrap metal damn near free.

Its a 100$ car, fuck it. Buy a running old suzuki samarai and body swap to really piss off autistic purists.

Your best is getting the Haynes repair manual for your car and reading it cover to cover. Buying a cheap beater and wrenching on it yourself is the best way to learn without going to a class, and those Haynes manuals will normally tell you what tools you'll need and walk you through rebuilding the entire car.

Also, that car has a pretty dedicated following, so as you get stuck on stuff you'll be better off asking communities like Rennlist for advice.

If yoi wanna learn about fixing cars, an old porshe is a pretty shitty one to start on. Parts are going to be an expensive, hard to find bitch.

This is very useful thanks a lot! I'll check it out

honestly its not a terrible buy but there is no possible way for YOU to fix it. Have someone look at the engine and tranny. My guess is that some tard blew it the fuck out and it needs a new engine.

I would just say fuck it and swap in a cheap engine. You'll need to read on this. Its pretty much impossible to do this without knowing a shitload about cars. It has an I4 so what I would do is find a somewhat compatible I4 and swap it in, keeping costs as low as possible. Who gives a fuck if its slow or doesn't work well, you're learning.

disgusting it has cis

Not on a 924. They used a lot of VW parts.

You'll make some money on the part-out that can be spent on a car that is fixable in a practical sense.

Since everyone's being a whiny bitch and not answering your question,

>You could try buying some sort of manual to help you just determine how to do service to the car
>You need to figure out what's broken, what's not, especially if the engine is seized
>If it's seized, you'll have to source a new one
>If it's not, you'll have to determine why it's not working
>You can perhaps go to a local shop (not a gas station) and ask them to help, although it'll probably cost you

I understand that you just want a car to work on and fix, but it may be too far gone. If it is, you may have to take a loss on it.

Good luck user

It could be as simple as a wiring issue or the engine could be permanently fucked

Mechanic student here: Also used to now know shit. Now i do. Dont be afraid to learn. Use the internet a lot. Watch a lot of chris fix and good mechanic youtubers.

The thing that you need the most right now is some space, T O O L S (very important) and maybe a few contacts to get good parts quickly and some extra services.

Scotty kilmer is good too

>(i don't care about the look, i just want to reapir the engine).
I'm not the only one noticing this right?
>

He's ripping me off!

Nope, I was coming to this thread to post as well

you can start looking by looking at the basic shit like the battery, or trying to manually crank the engine to see if its not seized.

also look at forums

i wouldnt worry too much, it's just a 924 and the engines are fucking simple.

Swap a new van engine in it, since that's what's in the 924. Thing is pathetic.