Post Reconstructions of Ancient Monuments

>pic related is Aztec capital

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tAykugIQZnM
imgur.com/a/VUPh5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like shit, thank you spanish for killing them.

Benis :DDDD

Abbasid Samarra, c. 850

Back the fuck off /pol/ack!!!!!

oh shit xDDD

-grabs him by the throat-

*teleports behind you*
*draws katana*

Nothing personel, Liberal.

Nice try Achmed.

will you please shut the fuck up, she is my girlfriend sick mother fucker

>your girlfriend is a dome
hehehhehe

Sogdian stuff

>girlfriend
>Veeky Forums

-stabs him in the balls- i said BACK THE FUCK OFF!?

Jokes on you, i'm a girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=tAykugIQZnM

Tang Chang'an

*teleports behind you again*
*gets on your back*
If i pull that off will you die?

*fling you off my back into the air*
*backflip so that my legs wrap around your head in mid-air*
*complete the backflip, slamming you headfirst into the ground beneath my feet*
*crush your head between my mega-muscle thighs until it explodes*
Psssh... what a waste...

Aksumite palace.

are these actually legit?

*Gets back up*
You're a edgy guy

I'm assuming the scattered houses are speculative, but the mounds, palisade, 'woodhenge' and other major features are fairly accurate. The main mound is actually wider on the north-south axis than the pyramid of Giza (nowhere near as tall though).

Newgrange, Ireland
Unfortunately the reconstruction was performed on top of the original site

The palisade changes shape in different reconstructions, I'm not sure if that's artistic license or if the exact course of it just isn't certain.

Take your autism to 9gag

I wouldn't call this a real 'reconstruction', since it's generally condemned by Irish archaeologists. That big retaining wall is completely inaccurate, it was just made that way to be more attractive to tourists. Knowth (pic related) is a much better restoration.

Don't worry, I'm all meme'd out now. Sorry if I scared you there.

Achaemenid Pasargadae

It's just irony.

Achaemenid Susa

Persepolis

Assyrian Dur-Sharrukin, 721-705 BC

They really ruined it. Newgrange was hobbit as fuck before the 'restoration'

Ancient Egyptian cities looked magnificent in their prime.

Imagine being some bowhunter from some mudhut backwater settlement and getting summoned to the capital. The sights, the sounds, they would blow your mind.

The Great Pyramid of Giza was already more than 2000 years old when the Greek historian Herodotus visited it in 450 BC. Just think about that.

Thanks for (you)
You Retards fell into my trap

I hate how we track years, it creates like a disconnect in my mind between BC and AD and makes me feel like BC is less relevant than AD, I wish we'd track history starting five thousand years ago or so...

Ancient Egypt is just so wild tho, I have a hard time wrapping my head around it, doesn't help that 90% of content here on it is "WE WUZ" threads

It is pretty retarded particularly when you consider we are not even sure exactly when Jesus was born. We base our entire dating system on an arbitrary year a Jewish carpenter was supposedly born in but that we cannot determine with any certainty.

If it was up to me I would use either the invention of writing in Mesopotamia or the fall of the Western Roman Empire as base years, it makes more sense.

I'd put it under some event somewhere in the earlier years of Greek history, I am not well versed on it but it seems that this would be the correct basis for "the beginning of modern history".

It is just as arbitrary as Jesus but the Trojan war would be a good idea in my mind..

Anybody knows how the Romans tracked it?

I would start in 1453 to be honest, the final fall of Rome.

The Trojan war was a complete meme, it was just a small Anatolian settlement getting burned down by some marauders

>The Great Pyramid of Giza was already more than 2000 years old when the Greek historian Herodotus visited it in 450 BC

that is pretty fucking incredible isn't it? and the fucking Egyptians would have been just "oh, that? yeah it's old as fuck, I guess it's pretty cool, I see your humors are distempered, want some shitmedicine?"

>I see your humors are distempered, want some shitmedicine?"
the ancient egyptians actualy had a pretty advaced conception of medicine for the time

Not a reconstruction, but a painting on how it used to look like

Today: imgur.com/a/VUPh5

Fuck, all I want is to be able to just see what things looked like in the past. I don't need to be able to talk to people, or interact with anything, just be an invisible specter walking around these places.

Can Mook get some janitors for this board or what? I'm sick of /pol/packs shitting this place up.

Can I fondle your breasts ever so gently?

It's probably disappointing anyway, you might expect cool things but all you get is a temple that is guarded off for anyone and lots of generic houses and a market with generic things. Besides once you've seen the city there is nothing else to observe and everywhere else is too far away and dangerous by foot.

Well obviously in this daydream I'm able to walk around completely unseen (Hell I could just be a "floating camera" so to speak) and I'm not just looking to go and stay at one place. Sure Ancient Babylon may only be cool to see for a few days before it gets boring, but then I could jump to go see the Battle of Waterloo or go see what the court of the Egyptian Pharaohs actually looked like.

>Anybody knows how the Romans tracked it?
Their Year 1 was the founding of the city by Romulus and Remus in what we now call 753 BC.

On the Hebrew calendar, we're late in 5776. That covers most of recorded civilization.

that's a good date. literally why change it? (considering we stole everything else from the romans anyways)

Man that place looks pretty swanky

You might enjoy the Robert Silverberg novel "Up the line". Time travel has been invented, and the past has become part of the tourist industry.

javanese water palace, only few remains are illustrated

Where is this?

This one makes me weep. I hate the revolutionaries.

Vovnushki, Ingushetia, Russia

Jesus the fucking autism in this thread is actually amazing. I wanna fucking die now.

That is not Aztec

>criticize Christians for Inquisition and wanton destruction of culture
>burn the Abbey of Cluny and its library

Then they call the Middle Ages the Dark Ages.

For a second, I thought it was modern city planning with blocks and shit.

plastic of Ancient Rome by arch. Italo Gismondi,.
This was even used in some films and video games

No one said it was, the city's name is in the filename learn to read user.

>They call this a "civilisation"

If the Acheans weren't Greeks, no-one would consider them anything but barbarian chiefdoms

According to the Yazidi calendar, it's the year 6,766. Covers just about everything after the Sumerians.

>The Achaians weren't Greek
>Says while posting a pic of Minoans who literally weren't Greek since they spoke a Non Indo European language while Acheans/Myceneans actually spoke Greek

God, you're dumb

What caused their collapse?

I didn't claim that the Acheans weren't Greek, neither did I claim the Minoans were. That's zero for two, one swing left, champ.

Unknown, possibly the instability caused by the Columbian Disease Democide that killed as much as 90% of the native population in the generations before Europeans reached Cahokia.

Weird how that happened two hundred years before Columbus reached the new world.