Can you learn how to drive stick on one of these things?

Can you learn how to drive stick on one of these things?

It's WAY cheaper and more convenient than buying a junker for me and I don't have any friends that know how to drive manual

Yes you can learn the process but it won't translate to an actual skill

And the amount of money you could spend on a sim set up with feedback that actually could teach you, is the same as a beater

no. it'd be easier to learn to drive a manual car by learning on a motorbike.

you dont need a beater to learn stick, it's easy

you're not going to burn out the clutch in the short amount of time it takes to learn to press a pedal and move a lever

lmao no, not even close.

it could teach you how to use the shifter I guess, but not at all for the clutch.

Not really, you need to learn the feel of the clutch and where it bites which games peripherals can't really emulate.

A G29 costs what, $500? Buy a cheap beater and teach yourself or spend $100 or less on a lesson with a driving instructor.

Yep. Even the supposedly super realistic sims don't kill the engine when you do something wrong, there's no feedback, tl;dr you need a real car.

these logitech race wheels are fucking extortion. $40 of parts and $2 of labor and they sell for $400+

yes.

dude just buy a $500 Civic

You can learn everything except the bitepoint of the clutch. It helps, it's what I did long before I even had the money to buy a car. But like another user said it doesn't really translate to the real world

t300 and th8a masterrace reporting in

>no. it'd be easier to learn to drive a manual car by learning on a motorbike.
Actually it's very true, if you can ride the bike you'll find driving a manual a piece of cake

or you could go to a driver school and pay somebody to teach you

Not really, it doesn't provide any feedback, it may be good to understand when you are supposed to shift.

The logitech shifter probably is the worst one on the market right now. Feels like a toy compared to the more premium ones.

stop fucking overcomplicating shit. It's not that hard. Watch a 5 minute tutorial on youtube and go drive/buy the manual car you want. You'll be able to drive in like half an hour. After that, it's just practice to get better.

You learn to drive stick at the DMV unless you live in a 3rd world country that don't teach you the mandatory basics of a vehicle.

Why americans speak about driving stick like it's some kind of special and hard to master skill.

No. It builds many bad habits. I've got 60+ hours on Assetto Corssa but when I started learning to drive I had to forget pretty much everything I was doing.

Just buy the manual if you want one. You will just learn it and get used to it without any issue. Even start stop is no way near as bad as people make out.

I don't even get why burgers think stick some kind of complex system. The hardest part is learning the biting point of the car and even that you can learn in like 5-10min of being in a car.

It's talked up as such and retards like OP can't spend 5 seconds Google searching.

No. It will never prepare you to the play, the resistance, the precision or lack thereof of the stick, etc.
Just learn on the spot, it's not that hard if you already know how to drive, hardest thing will be hillstart.

>this

i learned real quick by buying a 300$ shitbox that had a dead battery, so every stall meant the truck had to be jumpstarted

No
t. /ovg/

play my summer car, the game has the best clutch threshold system and that's how I grasped the concept of driving stick, the car shut offs if you stall too

No because its all about biting the clutch

This.

And this.