/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous Elites General #143: Malvinas Is Rightful Saturnite Clay Edition

This General is a Cult Free Zone: we maintain the neutral zone between the blind worship of RSI/Reddit and the retarded nurgleite zealotry of SA. Posters making absurd claims that Star Citizen is on schedule/is a scam or that Elite will ever have gameplay will be mocked and accused of being goon provocateurs.

Previous: Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Discord
discord.gg/CJFhUkp
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7581676/#Comment_7581676
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for rude posting.

>Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
Nice meme, Scam Citizen. Elite Dangerous is already playable.

what does the OP say goon, Cultizens and CMDRs are friends here. You Will Not Divide Us

Space is fun
Elite is fun
Frontier is fun

I bought this game 2 years ago when it was a dogfighting sim (star citizen). Is it worth playing yet?

>E:D
>Playable

Laughing_Dads.jpeg

playable like a job.

Guess the game.

EVE

Nope. X REEEEEEEEEbirth

Everyone

Post ever Star Citizen content related webm you have. Starting from based user last thread.

I was about to say X3, because Albion Prelude also had a stock market. (that worked like fucking ass, stocks had a min price and if you bought them you had a guaranteed profit)

Anyone want this for their phone?

I miss this feature.

>just solved 8 captchas in a row properly

hmmmm

Right behind you, user.

>holy shit screen capping this

wtf this isn't a new concept
Most MMO's are "I want to eventually do the thing"

>solving them properly
>he doesn't deliberately mislead the heebmachine on ones that he can tell won't give him a pass anyway
>not selecting things that kind of look like storefronts but aren't
>not selectively highlighting or not the legs of signs so the algorithm can't decide if they are elements of a street sign or not
>not doing everything in your power to kill the captcha and inconvenience the giant smiling-face-on-an-evil-corporation conglomerate that is google

go into settings and use recaptcha v1
fuck that picture clicking shit I'm not in a sweatshop

I wonder if anyone prefers clicking over typing.

Yeah. You can probably get a couple of days of buggy fun out of it. If you've never played cod or whatever tactical FPS before star marine might entertain you for longer than that.

leddit is disgusting and constantly reposting this makes you as bad as them

Opinions on multiple levels of weaponry in a single size category? Not sure how I feel about that. Modularity is cool but wouldn't this make balancing hell? It's essentially obsolescence of level 1 and 2 guns when you reach level 3.

>that little thrill you get when you identify a piece of graffiti as a storefront.

What kind of life is this

Wow sharks get so salty

>evil corporation
>motto is "don't be evil"

Checkmate communist

furfag

Rude!

What is that spinning thing?

Nightmare fuel pls go

Gravity generator.

Where do you start your Journey, Citizen?

Calling Nyx or Pyro for myself.

The Graphics guys over at CIG do the best Q&A. Star Citizen is now confirmed to be using Vulkan over DX12.

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7581676/#Comment_7581676

Doesn't ME:A also have a spinning ball? It looked a lot worse than the SC one iirc.

I thought that they meant these were size 1, 2 and 3 weapons but they just hadn't shown them all to scale.

>months since I checked this game
>"All kidding aside, I am considering setting up a Goon victory celebration once the Towers of Crobberts falls. I am thinking something in the Keys with an open bar and some fishing charters and an effigy of Chris Roberts that we can drag around with us Weekend at Bernies style . Derek can be the guest of honor and take the first swing at it when we hang it like a pinata and live stream the whole loving thing."

I can't believe I'm still seeing the same people what the fuck do they do besides this

Thanks user. Here you go.

Yes, a spinning ball that was invented before the ship the characters are in left the Milky Way, and also designed specifically by Cerberus, who would never allow their tech to be used by some faggots in a multi-racial organization to fuck off with it.

For the goons this is about more than just Star Citizen.

There were many years when the SA community thought it was poised to inherit the title of King Internet Influencers, the young mavericks with their fingers perpetually on the pulse of virtual life. They'd be the ones setting the tone for entire waves of culture and comedy, and FYAD would become the foundry from which all the best memes trickled down to the netizen proletariat.

The whole upset with Goonfleet only confirmed in their minds that they were on the precipice of greatness, but instead it turned out that they had peaked and would only begin a slow and steady descent into what became almost complete irrelevance, a footnote in internet history.

In terms of becoming an influential community, Veeky Forums, their forgotten bastard child living in the carcass of a desiccated ice cream truck on the edge of town, surpassed them in every meaningful way and went on to astonish the world, breaking new ground in what could be accomplished by a dedicated collection of idiots sustained only by blind, relentless autism.

The Goonfleet age should have been their arrival but instead it became the glory days they're doomed to forever relive, cut off in their prime. Star Citizen was a chance to recapture that and they bungled it. Now they're gonna have to carry that weight

It's pretty clear that they are all way too large to be S1 or even S2 guns. They look like variants of S3 weapons. It's a neat way to fill out a weapon size bracket with guns, but it looks like it could complicate balancing with so many weapons of similar type in a single size category

you didn't hear about them dropping that from the company mission statement?

>Knightsbridge Arms
Really tickles the almonds

>fdl with a plasma accelerator, two hammers, and two packhound pods

another fit i need to clearly grow into oh boy

I applaud CIG for going with the best option and not the absolute degenerate cancer that is dx12(((tm)))

I hope Vulkan is actually good. We'll see I suppose.

What can Vulkan do for SC that DX12 cannot?

How will it help us? I'm a pleb so i don't know this shit

it is not win 10 exclusive and can thus be used on pretty much every os as long as it´s not too old
besides that they are mostly the same

ok, so I guess it's better.

Rocketpods in place of every size missile hardpoint when?

Freelancers are such comfy ships. I want a DUR for scouting and exploring so bad but I'm too happy with my super hornet to let it go.

Was it actually spinning? I thought it just vibrated.

It spins

Nevermind I was thinking of the core in ME2, not Andromeda.

Don't let the thread die

Post Banu Merchantmans

noseheads pls go

I just want the new Merchantman image BHB mentioned on spectrum the other day. All the Xeno ships look so much more interesting than the multiple space planes and flying boxes the humans have.

Hopefully we see that image this month. I think the new babu concept ship is also this month.

Also, have an underpowered ship that's never going to get a rework because fuck balance.

Always remember who your oldest and BEST ally, goy.

>babu
I read the thing about a new concept but did they confirm it was actually a Banu ship?

>complaining about khartu
>hasnt flown a merlin

try again

Yes they confirmed it on quantum questions. I want to say she said the concept ship was being sold at the end of this month but I'm not positive.

When is the new ship being sold?

Man, I hope trackir implementation gets supported soon, I want to use my stick to fight with instead of only fly but using a ship that relies on a chin turret is hell without mouse aim.

It can run on Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 and Linux while DX12 only runs on Win10

Why do you expect a merlin to be good?

2.6.2 or 3.0
They talked about it in last week's Happy Hour if I remember right.

I think its perfect how it is. Its super fast and has great weapons for what it is. Can't wait until I can deploy it from my connie.

Cool. I figure it depends on how soon they finalize the animation rig on character heads, because in their own words it's "easy enough to include" but every time they'd tweak how looking actually works it would get thrown away.

Is 2.6.2 getting delayed?

I'm at Knight rank while farming in Quince, how many more runs do I need or just time in general doing these?

Also is the ImpClip worth and if so which build gets the most out it?

Its evocati got pushed back and should be coming out today (20th).

>tfw played the trial with male Ryder and he honestly doesn't look nearly as bad

On the whole, Bioware really needs to entirely replace their animators with competent people.

I never said i expected it to be good. Youre confusing me with the connie pilots who thought it would be a meaningful addition to their ship. Im just saying it needs a slight buff because as it is it only takes a half second of fire to die.

hmmm... might buy a vega card instead of a 1080ti then.

what S3 weapons matches the velocity of Omnisky VI(S2)?

I wish SC had VR support

alastorm please go

What do you all set to your mouse scroll buttons?

Zoom

>when you go on the official forums and realize no one actually knows what kind of game E:D is supposed to be

its an exploration and cargo trade SIMULATOR.

dont forget ''space trucking sim'' and ''spaceship shooting game''

It's a job simulator like eurotruck or train sim except you are a starfighter pilot in a dystopian far future.

>its an exploration and cargo trade SIMULATOR.

Why can't I trade with other players? A very poor simulation if you ask me.