Truck keeps breaking lower ball joints

>truck keeps breaking lower ball joints
>replaced with OEM
>every other suspension component is in good condition (per the alignment shop + my dad's a mechanic)

what could be the cause? what should I look into?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iSunY_w957Q
youtube.com/watch?v=yjRgiAOHm-E
youtube.com/watch?v=lNuq4ChkrF8
youtube.com/watch?v=1CczXPGHJWc
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXmIT1oa5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what could be the cause?
it's a toyota

the recall was issued re: a specific ball joint manufacturer

>muh memes

isn't it because of a flawed design? Like the way the ball joints are positioned the weight of the truck is pulling them apart more than its pushing them together. But I'm just regurgitating something I read on some Tacoma forum

>truck keeps breaking lower ball joints
>pls help me
>it's just a meme right guies?

LMAO @ U

should've bought a ranger opee

Reminder

" So I did a mechanics apprenticeship for Toyota, in Australia, between... 2003-2007. During that time we had a few massive recalls. One of which was to replace the steering rod relay bar in the front of Toyota Surfs, and Fronteras (the wagon version of a Hilux)
Most of these cars hadn't seen a dealer for a decade. They're old cars. But Toyota was recalling them anyway, because of reports of what they obviously felt was premature ball joint failure.
After that, they had a massive recall on Prado rear axles. First gen Prados, all of which were well out of warranty by that stage.

They'd had one or two reports, worldwide, of rear axles breaking off on vehicles that had been subjected to extreme conditions, in this case described as "fast mountain roads". So they recalled every vehicle that had been fitted with that lot of axles and replaced them all.

I also remember fitting new wiper blades to cars, under warranty, because they squeaked. Except they hardly squeaked. Hardly made a noise. Old farts with the radio switched off were the only ones who ever complained.

At the same time, my friend was doing an apprenticeship at Ford. Which had:
>Ford Territory ball joints experiencing total failure (separation) while under warranty (in some cases less than 30,000k)
which were labeled a consumable item and replaced at the customers expense
>Falcon disk brakes that would warp between services
which would be machined at. every. service at the customers expense
>Flexible rear brake lines snapping on Falcons
which took two years to recall, and up until that day were being replaced at the customers expense.
>leaking power steering racks
that would not be replaced/repaired unless they had more than a teaspoon full of oil in the boots. Mechanics were literally told to pull the boots back and measure what dribbled out.
Which would categorically fail a roadworthy inspection in any state.

Toyota recalls everything. It's a good thing. Unless you're a shareholder."

>Tacoma

>Toyota recalls everything. It's a good thing. Unless you're a shareholder."
>recalls
>good
toyocuks are actually this delusional

>its ok guys don't worry about manufacture defects that might kill you

shut the fuck up, toyota makes good trucks.

fpwp

>"see? if amerishit manufacturers don't issue a recall for their shitty, inferior products then that means there's no problem!"

"No recall means gud car!"

triggered toyota owners detected

maybe if you toyota owners where not such lad asses your ball joints would hold up a little better

Toyota makes strong dependable trucks, fool.

Better than those three shitty "American trucks" Ford, GM, & RAM.

A Tundra also clocked in at 1 Million miles with it's original engine, GASOLINE engine might I add. I like to see one of the big three achieve that milestone.

Stay BTFO

I looked up million mile toyota truck on craigslist for cheap truck. I dont see any....

My 2007 Tacoma has 220,000km of beating it to shit driving like a douche bag and off-roading and getting stuck and smashing rutted potholed back roads at speed and apart from driving like crap due to the worn shocks the only issues have been a frame rust recall, a broken leaf spring, and a minor rear diff issue. I have not taken proper care of this truck yet it keeps on going. If it was a f150 or ram it'd be halfway to the scrapyard by now.

>220,000km

Lol this is high mileage to ToyoCucks

even with 1m miles toyocucks will overprice their trucks memetax is a mess

>frame rust recall

don't worry Toyota will fix their swiss cheese frame so it's ok kekek

It has been driven hard and off-roaded a lot. 220,000km of actual truck miles is quite a bit... I've been rear ended in it and crashed it a few times and it still drives well. Once I redo the suspension and change all the wearables it will probably drive like new again. Not one major repair or breakdown. It's never let me down.

They outright replace the frame or do a repair if it's a minor rust issue. Good luck ever getting that kind of service from ford or dodge or Chevy.

They've had some issues but Toyota doesn't ignore them.

>220,000km
>quite a bit
130k miles is nothing m8

>Good luck ever getting that kind of service from ford or dodge or Chevy

don't have to worry about those trucks frames being made out of cheese at least

i'd rather have a strong frame and not have to deal with any service.

>frame recall puts truck out of work for weeks until repairs are done
>toyocucks will defend this

Not defending it

Just going by my experience

It's an overpriced Japanese brand truck
Value for dollar is based on their reliability but unfortunately as with most new vehicles they are too expensive

I wouldn't buy one new again

All I'm saying is I've treated mine like garbage yet it keeps on ticking

I guess 220k isn't a ton

But I haven't put a major dollar into it and I expect with minor maintenance it will do half a milllion kms

okay? that has nothing to do with what i said though dipshit. Toyota makes strong dependable engines that can last well over 1 million miles.

So far none of the big three has achieved such goal.

wow triggering toyotacucks is so ez

youtube.com/watch?v=iSunY_w957Q

youtube.com/watch?v=yjRgiAOHm-E

youtube.com/watch?v=lNuq4ChkrF8

enjoy paying your meme tax on your trucks

> Toyota makes strong dependable engines that can last well over 1 million miles.

it's a shame the frames will rot out and the truck will fall apart around said engine

OP, I'm sorry to see what happened to your thread. Does the truck have any suspension mods?

Yeah, the funny thing is they never showed the odometer on the two chevrolets, so can't really determine if it's real or just plain bullshit.

>litterally this mad he has to search up million mile POS trucks under the big three brands

sad.

>it's a shame the frames will rot out and the truck will fall apart around said engine

yes, an issue that's been long fixed... LOL

>complains about big 3 not achieving 1 million miles
>provides proofs
>still assblasted

you just can't explain this shit

What a nice thread.

How are they breaking op? like critical "My wheel is no longer attached" failure or something else?

also FUCKING LMAO YOU GUYS GOOGLE BROKEN BALL JOINT- HALF THE IMAGE RESULTS ARE FUCKING TOYOTAS

>provides """"proof""""
>not showing the odometer on the two chevy trucks

Jesus Christ, learn to read stupid. The only proof you've shown where truck manufactured under an american brand that made a million miles was the Ford because they actually showed the odometer.

You tried to debunk my argument by searching up "american" trucks without doing full research first huh?

>makes statement
>provided with proofs showing statement is incorrect
>it's not real because i don't want to believe it
lol k
what else do you what?

here's some chebbys with "proof"
youtube.com/watch?v=1CczXPGHJWc

getting triggered over stupid shit wew lad

enjoy your ball joint failure and cheese frame lmao

>FUCKING LMAO YOU GUYS GOOGLE BROKEN BALL JOINT- HALF THE IMAGE RESULTS ARE FUCKING TOYOTAS
AYYYYYYYYYYY

Got some OC here

Happen to my '01 Sequoia at 220k on ye original ball joints. Toyota would not reimburse me because the recall is for '02-'05 or something.

You seriously can't be this stupid. But this is Veeky Forums, it reeks stupidity.

>it's not real because i don't want to believe it

I'd believe it if they showed the odometer, they only did it for the Ford, not the Chevys.. how are you going to make a video about the truck circled around it having over a million miles if you're not going to show the odometer as proof?

>here's some chebbys with "proof"
>diesel chevy
no shit those are going to make 1 million miles, because it has a diesel under the hood. Knowing that a diesel engine is going to have impressive longevity, i'm not at all surprised.
I'm talking about an "american" truck with a gasoline engine reaching 1 Million miles if you read my post thoroughly, not a diesel.

ok clearly you're a retard

here's your proofs
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXmIT1oa5U

your whole original post was find me a gas truck with 1 million miles, you admit the ford did it and you get super ass blasted that the Chevy one didn't show odometer.
just the ford video BTFO of your request and argument. you where so assblasted you made another bread like a faggot Stay unequivocally BTFO stupid toyocucks

>its not real guies
>the cheese frame isn't a big deal
>toyota will fix muh balljoints but they wont pay for my hospital bill after they fail and my truck rolls over

There, finally you found a video where they showed actual proof of a gasser chevy reaching, or rather is about to reach a million miles. Give yourself a pat on the back...

>ok clearly you're a retard
nah, i'm afraid that'll be you.

>super ass blasted that the Chevy one didn't show odometer.
Like I said, if your are going to make a video topic about a truck that reached 1 million miles, obviously you have to show the odometer for me to believe it. Don't just expect me to sit there and believe your truck made 1 million miles if you arent going to show me evidence first.

>very under inflated tires
>heavy tires
>heavy wheels

Ball joints suffer with saggy sidewalls

Wow a single tundra made it to a million miles! That's a normal thing with a domestic truck if you take care of it. Even a dodge cummins can make it to a million miles. And after seeing this thread even a Dodge would go though less ball joints than a Toyota truck.

>Don't just expect me to sit there and believe your truck made 1 million miles

out of all the trucks ever produced you have a hard time believing that not a single truck made it to 1m miles.
yup you're a retard
again the ford video was enough proof but you decided to have a full out autistic rage and made multiple threads

enjoy your swizz cheese frame

fucking this

You know in the time it took you to type that out you could of just googled "million mile -insert brand here- truck"...

wow toyota btfo u

pls stop posting logical thoughts in this thread it will cause mass triggering to the toyotacucks

>Toyocuck so mad he made at least 2 other threads

You cannot make this shit up lmao.

>$67,000 in repairs for 4 years of ownership

>Muh truck is reliable you guys!!

KEK

ya if he owned a toyota he would've spent 67k on ball joints alone

BTFO

>Samefagging this hard

hmmmmmmm

So what is the most reliable and longest lasting truck?

Serious question

My friends swear by their Chevy's and GMC's because parts are cheap when something breaks

>So what is the most reliable and longest lasting truck?
well as you can see from this thread its not a Toyota.

you're question will lead to more memefest chaos

>Even a dodge cummins can make it to a million miles
no shit, it's a diesel, they are meant to survive that. I'm talking about a gas engine.

>out of all the trucks ever produced you have a hard time believing that not a single truck made it to 1m miles

yeah not one that gas powered, dummy.

>yup you're a retard
neato projection

>enjoy your swizz cheese frame
yeah, i won't be able to enjoy it if that issue has been long resolved, dumbfuck. I can tell you do a poor job researching shit first.

I did, LOL. All that showed up was Tundra and diesel pickups. Not a single gasser pickup under the american manufacturers.

nope

excessive play on the joint

they're inflated to Toyota's specs, wheels are OEM, tires are not oversized or anything

Is toyota reliability just a meme?

see
Toyota actually takes care of their problems

Chebby/Ferd/Dadge bury their heads on the sand, and dumb amerishit pretends is good because "no raykawl means muh truck is gud!"

>gets multiple proof of gas trucks reaching 1m
>still anally bothered
you need help lad

>Toyota's problems are so major their trucks will kill you
LMAO
>it's ok they'll fix it if you don't die
KEKEK

>l-look ma I can use googles images

>~180k miles on my GMC
On my third transmission. OEM trans shit the bed at exactly 80k miles, each time. Went with non-oem to not have plastic bullshit in trans, see how well that goes for #3.

Engine strong as shit though *knocks on wood.

>Chebby/Ferd/Dadge bury their heads on the sand, and dumb amerishit pretends is good because "no raykawl means muh truck is gud!"

nice racist caricature you fucking ingrate. Toyota truck autists confirmed for anti-white

>oh eem gee muh kewl laser pew pew muh shitty pig fat amerishit mall crawler

amerilards everyone

whats your point ford rangers also rust and bend, doesn't change the fact Toyota is shit

europoors are so stupid they actually buy toyota trucks LOL

>shitty pig fat amerishit mall crawler

it appears my superiority has generated some controversy

Toyota changed their frames for free. The recall and the publicity makes autist americans think "TOYOTA RUST"

meanwhile, Rangers snap in half (lets not mention the shitty trannies, the absolute shit anemic and problematic engies), Ford doesn't do fuck all and all you say is "FERD BUILD TUFF"

lmfao

>lets also forget the shitty mazda V6 in the Ranger

and the absolutely abysmal quality control or what have you

I know plenty of Ford Rangers owners here in Ontario, you're either stuck with an absolute piece of shit that spends most of its days at the shop, or an absolute indestructible truck. Same year models too

At least Jap trucks are consistent, and when they admit they have a problem, they will literally bend over to fix it (buyback, or replacing entire frames)

>Toyota changed their frames for free
>truck goes in for repairs
>truck out of commission for weeks
>weeks later lol we don't cover this repair anymore
meanwhile if ranger bends you can sell it for scrap and buy another one for cheap AF, compared to toyota you will be paying out the ass for the stupid toyota meme tax

>hey guys Toyotas are total shit but look at the ranger it bends also

at the end of the day your truck is still shit irregardless of ranger bending

hmmm you can buy for rangers or s10 for 1k beat the shit out of them and get 10 more for the price of 1 meme toyota. STAY BTFO

You act like a frame swap is a normal thing and no big deal... Is that how it is in Toyota world?

>it takes a while to fix a problem (you do get a free vehicle from the dealership in the meantime, btw)
>"LOL SEE HAHA TOYOTA BTFO"
>"MY RUSTY AMERICAN PIECE OF SHIT BREAKS, THEY DON'T GIVE A FUCK BUT WHATEVS I CAN JUST BUY ANOTHER ONE LOL"

>i...tt it..s it's ok guies its only the frame
>please buy our trucks
>we'll fix our massive fuck up for free

this is what toyocuks consider acceptable

enjoy overpaying for shit that is if you make it before your truck falls apart and kills you.

no, it isn't "normal", I took my 01 Tundra to the dealership when the recall was issued. There was no damage to the frame, so they applied an anti rust coating. I krown it every 2 years or so, and the frame is pretty much spotless

>its ok when my american piece of shit snaps in half due to rust, I can just buy another one lol, I don't care if they don't issue a recall because FERD AMERIGAN
>hahaha your manufacturer is fixing their mistakes, joke's on you because...haha memes I dunno

It sure as fuck isn't RAM. They're literally at the fucking bottom just under Fiat on Consumer Report's list of reliable brands.

>implying toyotas don't rust and become folded tacos

if both trucks are going to bend why pay 10x more for a meme badge?

>constant frame swaps is acceptable to ToyoCucks

LMAO YOU LITERALLY CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>irregardless

kek

because if the suspension components don't rust, the body does first, cletus

>cletus

another racist sentiment from a loser in an unknown shithole

toyota also has body rust

again if both trucks are going to rust why pay 10x more for a meme badge?

>broken ball joints
>rust meme
>toyocuck defense force in full sperg mode
Man now I feel so much better for not buying a shitty watered down amerilard toyota.

>it's acceptable to buy a shit truck that gets recalled than a truck thats put together right the first time and doesn't need recalls at all.

Really gets the noggin joggin.

>toyocuck defense force
FUCKING AUDIBLE KEK

>Toyotakids have to compare their trucks to shit Ford trucks to make them look good

yea only the ranger has body rus.....
oh wait

Progressive weight reduction dude. Toyota is 2 steps ahead of Americunt trucks!

toyota even designed its parts so that their owners are familiar with its shapes.

toyocuks BTFO so hard they ragequit LMAO

they are too busy training for isis

But our special forces use Tacoma's, user.

They can be bought in the US and their gas engines are quieter than the diesels in the Terrorists Hilux's

>Frontera
Try fortuner, and they didn't even sell them is Aus until a couple years ago.
>stopped reading there

I'm confused will a 2004 tacoma break ball joints?

My truck has over 200k miles. Original engine and tranny, from what I know the clutch had to be redone and the water pump had to be replaced but that was before I got it. Other than that, golden.

Well water pumps are wear items anyways. Same can be said for clutches as well

>keeps breaking lower ball joints
torkfags btfo

detune it

>my dad still has a '97 f-150 with over 500k miles on it.
>only needed consumables, tires, oil etc.
Only thing it actually had replaced was the clutch and suspension bushings.

My Ranger with 190k miles needs a ball joint I think. Total POS. Why can't Ford get a ball joint that lasts more than 200k miles? I should have bought a Taco 1/2 as old like my neighbor that got denied for frame replacement because it wasn't bad enough, and then 2 years later got scrapped because the frame rotted in half and DO NOT DRIVE DO NOT DRIVE DO NOT DRIVE

Tacos are notorious for ball joint failures, one of only a few faults on an otherwise super reliable truck. I looked into it a while back and apparently it has something do with flawed suspension design rather than the part itself. Personally I'd upgrade to a OEM heavy duty part. Rockauto probably has them.

>one of only a few faults on an otherwise super reliable truck.

You could put this in front of every fucking truck.
Dodge suspension components
GM Intake Gaskets
Ford 2.9 heads/3.8 HG

Vegas were notorious for head gasket failures, only one of a few faults on an otherwise super reliable car.

Guess I should've specified *minor* faults for the austists in cue.