>Motorcycle Friend Finder
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Rating
>Motorcycle Adventures
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

Noob? Git gud:

shitty webms with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

front page first for honda the shit

Second for post your bikes

What's the deal with old goldwings?

Are they comfy?

>1982
>10,000 miles
>$2,650

I'm thinking about it.

i've only heard stuff about the 1800's, but they're supposed to be extremely comfortable for both the rider and the pillion.

Ducati Hypermotard SP

Y/N?

Do you have more money than you know what to do with?

Y/N?

Quite comfy and also buttery smooth, but lacking in the handling department, especially for that vintage.

no

How are they maintenance and reliability wise?

I'm looking for something for doing 100-1000 mile cruises on, so handling isn't a huge deal as long as I'm not going to fling myself off the side of a mountain pass or something.

Dorsoduro is literally $6000 less.

>not ducati,
>muh parts network

never had one but it's not uncommon to find goldwings with 100k miles on them. A 35 year old bike with 10k miles probably spent most of it's life sitting though, so I wouldn't expect it to be the most mechanically sound thing in the world.

>not ducati
probably a good thing tbqh

> buy new 4 season jacket
> wear it on a cool evening
> it leaks all along the zipper
> summer coat is warmer with both liners
> wear it today in the sun
> hot, sticky, barely breathes and only directly vent to vent
> arms feel like they're in plastic bags
> barely livable when moving and it's not even hot today
> go to revzilla to shit on it
> tons of 5 star reviews, this is best ever jacket
> tfw new jacket already sucks in both cold and warm spring

Y
Why?
Friend with a Dorso has had nothing but issues with it and Aprilia.

I have no idea what to think about mileage on bikes.

There are bikes with 5k, 15k, 25k, and 45k miles that are all equally clean looking and will all start, run, and ride with no issues. How do you get an idea of when the bike is going to need major work? How do you know what mileage is safe to buy at what price?

What do people think of the Cleveland CycleWerks bikes? Saw one today and the guy was telling me he loved his.

They're pretty good for maintenance if it's been taken care of, when my dad had his it was very reliable (mind you that was 15 years ago). It depends a lot on how the previous owner/owners treated it. But those bikes are good for at least 120k miles.

>Buying a 4 season jacket
>not buying 15 different jackets to specifically suit each and every weather condition you might face

Every bike is different. Buying a gsxr with 40k miles on it is idiotic but grabbing a touring bike with that is completely fine.

Should've just bought one summer and one winter jacket.

1000$ valve adjustments every 7k miles

Better pray it doesnt break.

What jacket?
My shitty 4 season is warm enough in winter with the layer on and bearable in the hot of the summer with the vents open.

>potato bike
>potato camera

ayyy

I think I'd rather the Hyper than the Dorsoduro tbph

>small looks better but is ever so slightly annoyingly tight across the back/chest when reaching
>medium is comfy as fuck but looks a little bit more like a garbage bag

I think I'm going to keep the medium because the small would be uncomfortable with 2-3 layers under it.

How's the average standard, cruiser, or touring bike with 20-30k? I've been avoiding them because the bike I have now has a 25k clutch life and a 35-40k top end life, but I know all bikes are different. I don't have enough experience to know what bikes / engines last how long.

help /dbt/
how long do sellers typically wait to lower the price of a car if it's not selling, because mine's certainly not selling

1-2 weeks probably, depending on your area.

If you're in bumfuck nowhere it might take longer.

>klim

Are you 85 and ride a vstrom with 60/40 tires despite never leaving pavement?

Fly 4 terra

keep med, get swol

>Buying a gsxr with 40k miles on it is idiotic
I'd do it if I knew the guy and it was well cared for.
Most bikes will last 100k miles if you don't abuse them.

Maintenance and type of riding matters way more than just mileage as a number. 20-30k is fine if it looks like it's been taken care of. Old dudes that put 20k on in 10 years but still changed the oil every 1000 miles are the best.

Sounds good, I might pick one up. There are a couple GL1100 for sale near me for $2000-2600 which seems fair.

>tfw no biker gf

FATTY

It really does look like a giant potato.

Awful picture. Try again.

no I'm 24 and froze my dick off in Moab wearing dirt bike armor

good idea

idk that feel bro
>gf won't let me take pic of Klim jacket + panties

Step 1 don't overprice it

Nobody wants you're waifu

nice, i need to get my plates. did you convert yours or is it a salvage?

any body get a safety inspection done in california to get a title?

Most touring, cruiser, or even sport touring bike should go well past 60k miles without much work as long as its taken care of and not abused.

I wouldnt even be scared to buy a newer gold wing with 60k miles, if its babied it will double it easy.

>buying a 4 season jacket, ever
>pleb

so how about klim and tits?

Has anyone ever been so hard on a bike that the valves could no longer be shimmed into the proper clearance?

>buying 15 jackets
>not working with onion layers

>gf won't let me take pic of Klim jacket + panties
We'll accept gf + panties without the klim jacket too.

No he just throws his money at this stuff

I over priced it above the KBB value (3500) because I was expecting people to talk me down

Klim Badlands is great, lets me give zero fucks about riding in anykind of weather.

Alright, that makes me feel better about some of the bikes I've been eyeing. I'm planning on cycling through 2-3 bikes a year for a while here until I find what I want to settle down with long term, so my worst nightmare is buying something for $2000-4000 then needing to do $1000 of work to it a few months after I buy it.

Bet you're gay

So just don't make her wear the panties

Do people negotiate where you are?

My pants aren't coming for a week. Only DennisKirk had them in 32 and Spec Limited Edition (all black).
Post baiku?

>Start dating girl.
>Doesn't like guns.
>Doesn't ride.
>Get her into guns.
>Get her into bikes.

Feels good man.

I don't know, I've never sold anything through CL before

>Klim
>Helinox
>Classica Twin
Taste

>Suzuki
P L E B

get her into black men already! What are you,a cuck?

just passed a group of 10-15 v-stroms riding down rt 23 in Kentucky on my way home from work, anyone seen anything on any forums? i checked stromtrooper and they have a rally this weekend in Romney, WV but that's in the opposite direction of the way these guys were riding

i love the old Atwin but damn they only had like 40hp

LAST SAM FORM PLEBS

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link#responses

He's 60 riding a GSA with a full Touratech suite to the coffee shop once a month.

I will never ever tour anywhere without that chair, best of all things I bought for SEM. Anytime I wasn't sitting in it, someone else was.

60hp

I have the Ground Chair. The lowness is meh, but the feet not sinking into shit is nice.
CC81PT got a Walmart knockoff Helinox One and bent it first use lel

I'd hope so, but I don't want one so badly I'd pay that much more for it.

very very interested in knowing this

Not yet.

Give me another 10k.

Wasn't first use

And I'm fat so it doesn't count

Big Yellow also had a similar one that cost about half of the helinox, it broke the first night.

correction, 53hp with a little work.
theyre right where one would expect, its just underwhelming by todays standards

Post face, if you dare.

NC,

damnit, why'd it have to be in the east coast that's super far :(

start a west coast meet, then

Is that a Variant? How do you like it?

He liked it so much he replaced it with an Arai

Isn't that the helmet where people lost teeth after going down with it?

yeah, it was alright.
i didnt like it too much in the open wind due to the size and weird spoilers made it hard to look around comfortably.
the huge bubble lens was nice since it didnt fog up easily though.
it was fairly noisy as well, i switched up to an arai xd4 and i love it.
if you have a good windscreen or wont be in the wind over 70mph too much its pretty good and breathes ok. otherwise id go for something sleeker

Variant is also the lightest dualsport helmet, somehow

It's also dogshit

Are we benchracing helmets now?

Plot Twist, he IS black

>Klim Badlands

wtf, are you rich or what?

but at what, 100 grams more my arai is 100x more comfy and much quieter.
and the liner doesnt turn to permanent used asswipe color after use.

It's not dogshit, it's competitive in it's segment. I don't regret buying mine, it's served me well, I get compliments on it all the time from normies. I don't think I'd buy another one though.

I find my Variant very comfortable, but you're right about the noise. I think mine is stained from a month of constant 100F sweat and dust on the TAT. The liner felt like it was covered in sticky clay when I arrived in CA, feels fine after I washed it but looks gross.

>HJC CL-17
>compressed discs and hearing loss at 19
aaahhhhhhhhh poverty

>Can't find my sparkly red 3/4 face
I think it's in my car.

I'll give you this shit icon helmets, they're really stylish and affordable. It is why I bought my alliance.

They're screens are unbelievably shit. They have a killer anti-fog coating that when it wears away reveals that the factory scratched the shit out of the visor to let it adhere. At least the visors are cheap.

Wind noise is huge, ventilation is shit and the padding is ok.

I'm getting an arai or shoei next.

i tried all kinds of stuff on my liners and same deal and it didnt even get into a lot of bad dirt.
ended up getting it semi nice looking and giving it to my dad since all he has are dirt helmets and he wanted something better for tooling around on his klx around town

>coming around a curve
>guy mowing his lawn
>go past
>get peppered with gravel as his blades bottom out at the edge of the road

Can't keep nothing nice.

Did you sort that cable management yet bro?

I have one too, worked alright for a couple years.

Alright, sounds like I'm going to pass on it.

I've had my fill of cheap, noisy helmets that jerk my head around. I'm just going to drop the coin on an Arai or Shoei or something.