Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aK2LBnTT2s
youtu.be/gIHz-U_73BE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Daily reminder that ninja 300 is faster than wr250x

Valentino Rossi explains why reddit shitter is wrong:
youtube.com/watch?v=9aK2LBnTT2s
>Dumping the clutch on a sport bike to get wheel slip into a turn is not something people do.
But that's wrong
>it can also be used to good effect on a race bike on the track, too

>A sportbike on the brakes with the unloaded rear sliding is not intentional
>Sliding in is a byproduct of going fast, not an intentional action meant to get the bike turned into a corner and around the track faster.
Also wrong
>Getting the rear wheel to turn slower than the back wheel makes the rear of the bike step out on the approach to the corner
>This allows Valentino to set the bike up earlier for the exit of the corner by getting it pointed towards the exit of the corner sooner

>supermotos dont use rear brake
Wrong again lol
>This technique was developed by supermoto racers

>Supermotos dont use rear brake user.
>Supermoto only really uses the rear brake in the dirt.
that's weird, wonder what this guy is doing with his foot then

don't think that's a right side shift bike

>Are you seriously suggesting new riders try to slide a bike into a turn like Rossi?
No, I'm pointing out that there are some fuckin idiots on here who have no idea how motorcycles actually work and will state falsehoods and screech autistically at anyone who questions them, even when presented with facts that prove their statements wrong

>WR250 user get BTFO so hard by supermoto 101 lesson that he left

top kek

goodnight /dbt/ my work here is done

What is difference between dualsport, enduro, adventure and supermoto type bikes?

>Jake Holden
>sliding way out to show off for crowds and photos
>not racing

People don't slide like that in races because its slow as fuck.

If you have to go to the literal extreme of what you're talking about to try to prove your point, You probably have a shit point user. Just saying.

Post your baiku and say what you love the most about it

>She's sexy as hell and the parts are dirt fuckin cheap

>dualsport
street legal dirtbike, usually a bit heavier than an off-road only bike
>enduro
built for tight trails and single track riding
>adventure
pigfat SUV of motorcycles, generally 600cc to over 1000, e.g. africa twin, super tenere, etc., mostly for highway cruising and some fire roads
>supermoto
strictly speaking, motocross bikes modified to fit 17" wheels and sticky tires, bigger brakes, and stiffer suspension. looser definition includes some dualsports with similar modifications

>Get BTFO
>move goalposts
You can try to pretend you said something else, but you're still wrong.

>dual sport
Pretend dirt bikes for riding on the road, they are pigfat and under powered.
>enduro
A high strung/high performance off road bike specifically designed for racing in single trails/fire trails (bike in the OP is an enduro bike)
>adventure
pig fat bikes for old men who want to cruise down dirt roads to the next cafe
>supermoto
Simply a ruined enduro bike.

>>WR250 user
I've been working on my bike user. I got tired of the retarded ride sperging last night.

It's you and some other autist having a spergfest about shit you probably have little to no experience with.

Some dude showing off using the rear brake to make crazy sideways lean angles does not prove supermoto uses the rear brake to back it in.

In reality engine braking and dumping the clutch provides more than enough resistance to slide the appropriate amount, in fact race supermotos usually use tuneable slipper clutches so they can dial in exactly how much slip they want without needing to modulate as much at the lever.
Of course you would know this if you have even the slightest clue what you were talking about.

>Daily reminder that ninja 300 is faster than wr250x

Top speed maybe, but acceleration its probably pretty close. The WR is quite a bit lighter.

Who cares both bikes are shit.
fuck id even have a SWM rs300r before a wr250x

>another thread about paintslurping abortion-dodgers arguing about wr250/ninja300
jesus god damn FUCK OFF, all of you faggots should be range banned

They also come with pretty obnoxiously tall gearing stock.

Gear them appropriately and they are faster than a Ninja 300 to 50-60mph. Then the Ninja overtakes and keeps going to a higher top speed.

Never ran against my room mate's Ninja with stock gearing though so can't comment on that.

I do know the WR is a hell of a lot more fun than the Ninja by a large margin.

>giving out that delicious Yamaha reliability and low maintenance for some no-name something or other.
That's cool user. No really.

It is a brand new 2010 husqvarna that has been re designed to be more reliable.
Shits all over the wr250x and is designed to do so.

Yamaha on the other hand just designed some piece of shit and for some reason countless morons buy them.

Why would you even buy a wr250x over a wr250f unless you are poor?

>No road bikes allowed edition:
FAKE and GAY thread friendo

>It is a brand new 2010 husqvarna
>2010 husqvarna
So you're saying it's not even in the same realm of reliability compared to a WRR/WRX?

>Shits all over the wr250x
Except reliability and maintenance :^)

>Why would you even buy a wr250x over a wr250f unless you are poor?
More reliable, less maintenance, better on the highway, street legal, etc. etc. etc.

You're comparing two completely different types of bikes here user.

To be honest it seems like a mistake.
Seems to have enticed the wr/ninja posters to do their thing.

>You're comparing two completely different types of bikes here user.
Exactly, one is actually a good bike and one is a piece of shit pigfat 250 that is underpowered.

That is also street legal, reliable, and highway capable.

You now understand that they are different types of bikes meant for different things. You're welcome.

>I don't understand the difference between a dirt bike and a dual sport

lol really?

>not using a dirt bike as a dual sport
t. poor people

post your fully sick expensive bike user

how is the ktm rc? i know they make pretty good dirt bikes, but what about this?

duke 690 is the only road bike id buy, if you want a sports bike wait for them to release a road version of the rc16.

Most dirt bikes make piss poor dual sports user. You cant take them any meaningful distance and you constaltny need to tear them down if you put any sort of miles on them. They also are not street legal.

It's almost as if someone should make a more reliable street legal alternative to a dirt bike that is good on the highway and capable offroad.

does anybody have that gif/webm of that dude backing it in on his supermoto almost all the way around a hairpin?

Old and outdated. I dont think they've changed it since release.

There are significantly better literbikes out there.

not him but the beta 430/480rr is what you are talking about.
They have a higher oil capacity than any other enduro bike, seperate gearbox and engine oil and dual oil pumps to keep everything flowing smoothly.
fucking expensive though.

They still have like 30/90 hours maintenance intervals and overhauls.

They are better than most dirtbikes for sure but not what I would want as a daily ride.

alright, was just wondering because I saw one in the parking lot outside my place, i knew they made the duke but nothing this sporty looking

Are you talking about the 390? or their retired superbike?

not gonna happen under their current leadership. Which is a shame.

I honestly don't know why they even still make them. No one buys them and they cant be making any money on them. I think I've seen like 2 in the wild, ever.

Ehh depends how you ride them.
My 2008 ktm 450exc-r did over 300 hours/15,000km off road (mostly single track riding for endurance training as it was my bush pig) on the original everything and the only things that actually needed to be replaced when it was pulled apart at 300+ hours was the bore sleeve needed re-plating and the piston rings were fucked but i will admit i did a full engine rebuild for good measure and today it looks like pic related because i just can not be fucked rebuilding it again at the moment. (i fucked up when i rebuilt the cunt and pinched one of 3 seals so it still shares oil between the gearbox and engine)

Size really. In ascending size and weight the order is
- enduro (small bike used in motocross racing, often not street homologated because of brappy two-smokes and lacking lighting equipment)
- dualsport (large enduro that's a bit more comfortable and posesses all the equipment to make it road legal)
- adventure (very large offroad bike, used in rally raids like Dakar, or privately for long on- and offroad travels)
A supermoto is basically an enduro or dualsport that's been modified for better road riding or asphalt/mixed circuit racing, but many manufacturers offer dedicated supermoto models nowadays.

>- adventure (very large offroad bike, used in rally raids like Dakar, or privately for long on- and offroad travels)

And not to be confused with 17" front wheeled "Adventure" labeled bikes that are really just comfortable upright sport bikes with ADV style and minimal offroad chops. Base Multistrada for reference or the S1000XR.

You were saying?

>rides on paved road to campsite
>rides on clear, flat, compacted dirt
>takes photo
what did he mean by this?

hahaha, touche sir. touche.

Well, yeah, there are distinctions between road and offroad preference within the adventure class as well. The most road focused adventure bikes are arguably not much different from the offroad focused naked long suspension travel sport tourers. This is actually the crossing point between adventure bikes and sports tourers. It's great though, there's basically a bike for every purpose nowadays. Riding offroad and looking like an offroad rider, riding onroad and looking like an offroad rider, riding offroad and looking like an onroad rider, riding onroad and looking like an onroad rider.

people ride those things across the australian outback.

people rawdog african prostitutes, what's your point

Upgrade to S1000RR or keep Nuda?
I really love how nimble and fun the Nuda is.

Yeah, it was an rc 390

What's the riding off road and looking like an on road rider bike?

FJ09, Versys, the aforementioned S100XR or something. Apparently they're actually calling these hybrids sport-adventure bikes nowadays.

>What do you mean, this is not the road to the shop? I just wanted to buy some milk.

>350lbs or more bikes
>offroad

>drop bike
>$800
>have to start hitting up bears to help you lug your pigfat busriding piece of shit bike

>muh dirt brap

So glad, we're having a supermoto DBT, so would the xr400 make a good supermoto? i can get a good deal on one that's already a motard and it looks like fun

Why dont car companies take the engine tech that bikes have that let us reach 200hp for 1L and put it in cars? 400hp 2L engines would be mental

but they don't.
You realize most supermoto riders have a leg out while backing the bike in right? You think they only back it in when turning left when their foot is on the rear brake?
No, they back it in both directions using the clutch.
You only see guys doing crazy slides like in that pic for show on left turns where they can actually hit the rear brake. During the races they don't use the rear brake at all except offroad.

They are good bikes user. Not the best with modern options like the WR and DRZ but they are not bad at all. If you come across one converted already for a good price I would jump on it. They are as reliable as a rock hammer

>air cooled

550cc inline 4... is it uncommon because it's bad?

WR is really expensive in my country, and is the DRZ a better sumo?

Objectivly the WR and the DRZ are better bikes on road or off road than the XR400.

But the XR400 is very good. Ask if the suspension has been gone through and if it hasn't plan on doing it to get the most out of the bike.

Because you don't want to rebuild your car engine every two years.

>implying you have to rebuild a high performance motorcycle engine every 2 years

It's uncommon because 600cc inline 4's are so much better.

You would if you covered 15k miles a year on it which a lot of car drivers will do.

Because the technology that enables 200hp per liter motorcycle engines requires very high reving comparativly low torque motors. This kind of motor is not desireable in cars because it makes them feel gutless and you have to wring their neck to get them to move.

Look at the S2000. It was a high hp/liter 2 liter motor and most people think its garbage because you have to downshift them three times to make a passing move with any authority on a minivan.

>motorcycle engine ness rebuilds every 30,000 miles

No they dont. High performance motorcycle engines are mroe than capable of lasting past 100,000 miles easily. The rest of the bike gets trashed before the motor in 99% of motorcycles.

watch this video then tell me motorcycle engines dont last.

youtu.be/gIHz-U_73BE

they do not need rebuilds every 30k lmaoo

We're not talking about ducatis or bmws

>300,000 mi bike
>it's a Honda

guy at work rides zzr1100 from like 93 with +140 000 km on it

told me 100 000km for a bike is just running it in and after that the real riding begins

what did he mean by this?

So any idea why my exhaust had no gaskets on it? Did they just meld with the engine or what?

Means his seat and suspension are worn out but he can't afford replacing them so he pretends it's an accomplishment.

F4i's are such good bikes.

Such a pitty most of them are niggered up by stunters nowadays. It's practically impossible to find a clean original one. They're almost always stunt caged, stuffed up, chinkshit plastics, niggerbling paintjobs, dedicated track bikes, or some other undesirable history/state.

On the plus side they're usually cheap as shit.

What's so bad about a stunt cage exactly?

>crash bike without
>tons of shit to replace
>possible damage to drivetrain parts

>crash bike with
>take off cage, sand down, respray, put back on

Does you bike have FI or is it carb'd?

Cages are dope

>stunt cage
>bike was likely stunted
>stunted bike means
>possible oil starvation issues
>bike has probably been down, violently
>probably bent subframe
>plastics probably aren't original
>probably some sort of nigger rigging with brakes or electrics.
>possible frame damage because most if not all stunt cages have no engineering behind them and are likely to bend or break shit they are bolted to when they take a hit.

>stunt cage
Stop and think for a second. If it has a cage on it may have been stunted and dropped. Do you really want to buy a bike thats been trashed like that?

It's FI. I actually found them, they were stuck to the engine still.

Think they're good to go on again or do I need to replace them? Probably going to take a week to come in if I need to replace them so really rooting for them to be reusable.

I'd replace them. Just use a tinfoil gasket while you wait, that should hold enough for now.

If you dont have any sensors along the exhaust you can get away with having a small leak. Just means your engine might get a bit dirty.

It took me 2 hours to take them off, probably another 2 to put them back on.

Don't want to spend another 12 hours fucking around with them to take them on and off, but if I don't then I'll be taking a cab to work for the next week which is pricey.

What's the likelyhood of an exhaust leak if I reuse the old gaskets?

Probably low, but I cant say for certain.

Its not going to kill your bike anyway, you may just lose some power due to wrong sensor readings

I have some spare high temp silicone I can jury rig it if worst comes to worst. The headers are tucked away behind suspension and radiators so you wouldn't be able to even see the silicone.

Does the Vermont registration trick still work if you can't get a title for an older bike? Guy near me has an 82 CB900F SS and I think I might be able to finagle a deal with him.

Going on the race track proper after lunch. So far we did slalom, emergency braking etc
Fun fun fun

Guys, are we approaching the great bike singularity? Every engine layout has been tried, every frame geometry has been tried, every rider position has been tried. There are more and more specialized bike categories (naked, naked sport, sport, sport tourer, tourer, cruiser, sport cruiser, adventure, sport adventure, dualsport, enduro etc) but within each category the competing models seem to become more and more identical.

Yeah, but what I meant was installing a cage yourself to minimize damage in case of a crash even if you're going to ride it normally. It's like a helmet. It's cheaper to fix a helmet or a cage than it is to fix a bike or a head.

honestly i think that's mostly due to production costs, what people will buy and what is decent.

I'm positive that motorbikes could look very different in many more ways and be better in some or many regards. it just costs a ton to make one that only a handful of people would touch or try to build themselves.

I've heard stories about people getting snagged or pinned by cages.
If it isn't designed properly to distribute the impact evenly they can cause more damage to the bike too.

Whats the most stealthy bluetooth headset for cheap? Its technically not legal for me to use one but I have a long ride coming up and I need something to stave off insanity

We've been there for like 30 years

Guess which of these riders is the fastest around a WSBK track on their bike.

not the CB because you're not schaaf
not the vfr unless it's been modded to fuck
possibly the s1k, given its nannies

if you mean the riders, who cares

>honestly i think that's mostly due to production costs, what people will buy and what is decent.

Emissions testing is somewhat to blame. Two strokes were a logical area to develop with bikes. Lower weight.

What year was emissions testing rolled out for bikes? Wasnt it late 90s

My mates bike from 96 runs dirty as fuck and had no cats or anything from factory

Really cranked up the noughties. The last of the road smokers was really the RS250. Shame, too, because the only real problem with them was reliability, if you don't care about the environment.

Fuck the environment. My next bike is going to be a 2smoke. I need the reng deng in my life

Stupid issue anyway for bikes. My thou burns 15 odd liters per 100 on avgas.

>muh emissians
no you retards
go watch 44teeth's review of the RS125, specifically the backstage
the bike is quick as fuck, handles good and actuqlly has passing power
yet it gets ditched in favour of a totally uninteresting RC because, and i quote, "it's too much hassle"
hit up youtube and watch that self important wanker fail to take off for 5 minutes