/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.

Prev:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EoldlLDMTnc
zelda.gamepedia.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker_HD#Changes_and_Additions
zelda.gamepedia.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess_HD#Changes_and_Additions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Zelda

Anyone think Silver Moblins are kinda hot?

3rd for 100% or nothing.

Oh shit, you're right. I'll take it. I really want to drop convergence if possible. I'm back to downfall for now. I didn't find anything else that conflicts with it.

Downfall is the line that has the longest, and most enduring line of the kingdom, despite Ganon being at his strongest. The armor of the wild looks so similar to LoZ/AoL design. The greek design in the ruins also was more prominent in the downfall line games. Ganon being Ganon and reincarnating several times is also downfall exclusive. Koroks are forest spirits and look however the Deku Tree wants them to look like. Rito are still a stretch but not entirely impossible. There's a shitload of time for them to appear.

the answer:

No .

Yes.

>we want the Blue Oyster audience

youtube.com/watch?v=EoldlLDMTnc

Is SS a good game?
I played every Zelda except that one actually. Probably gonna pick it up for my WiiU after I finished BoTW.
Or how are the WW TP HD remakes. Any additional content?

Does shooting beams out of the master sword use durability?

I really like WWHD, it makes a lot of game mechanics far more convenient and cuts some tedium. Also has Hero Mode which actually makes the early game slightly challenging.

TPHD is fine too, but had fewer improvements. Plus it was outsourced unlike WWHD, and you get a few tiny glitches and even non-upgraded textures here and there. If you can get a Ganondorf amiibo or use one of those NFC tags, use it to get hard mode without the stupid "mirrored world" thing.

zelda.gamepedia.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker_HD#Changes_and_Additions
zelda.gamepedia.com/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Twilight_Princess_HD#Changes_and_Additions

As for SS, literally just watch the story on Youtube.

Yes.

It's completely worthless for anything other than cutting grass.

Yes. Also why bother. Beams are weak as shit.

Best Zelda

Looks like he's cupping her tit in the thumbnail.
Also agreed, best Zelda.

>As for SS, literally just watch the story on Youtube.
nah Skyward Sword is good.

Official Skyward Sword rating by me, just some user:

Gameplay: good enough
Wagglan gimmicks: blown out of proportions by /v/fags
Combat: as good as any Zelda game, only really gets interesting when there's multiple enemies in play
Story: one of the best, but the cutscenes are long and drawn out and the game starts quite slowly
Dungeons: Among the best in the series, consistently great
Freedom: hahahaha

Play SS if you want a game that's good at everything BotW is bad at while at the same time being bad at everything BotW is good at.

Ho-Lee-Shit.

The cycle at work right there people.

SS was fucking trash but now that it's not the newest game, suddenly everyone will be all "Oh yeah, I loved SS!"

fuck off shitposter

But what if you were wearing any green tunic and thus had the master of sword beams buff.

>Dungeons: Among the best in the series, consistently great

>two fire dungeons
>two sand dungeons
>recycled dungeons
>Cistern is the only memorable one

Are most of you playing Zelda on Wii U or the Switch?
For those of you that didn't upgrade, why? Do you plan to get a Switch at some point, but just not now?
Or were you pressured into getting the Wii U version because of the shortage?
For those of you on the Switch, have any of you ran into any of the kinks that the Switch is supposedly having?
Also, a tad unrelated, but is Super Bomberman R good but overpriced, or mediocre and overpriced?
Sorry for asking so many questions.

I wanted a Switch but I live in a rural area, within my entire county only a single store got any units.

Do you know how many they got?

Four, two of which went to staff.

Hi Bangladesh.

All switch games with a physical release are overpriced because those game cards are extremely expensive to manufacture.

>Do you plan to get a Switch at some point
Like 2 years from now when it has games and replaces my 3DS

Zelda runs the same on Wii U so no reason for Switch yet

Switch

The internet signal is weirdly low for me. There was a little problem with connecting the controllers once but it's fine now.

nigga every single dungeons is Snowpeaks Ruins level of puzzles and atmposhere

That is to say hella atmosphere, very interesting though very simple puzzles

can i sell all my rare minerals or do i need them to upgrade armor at some point? i'll keep diamond though

Waiting for the day you can return the Helm to Riju. I suppose Zelda will do for the moment

>Dungeons: Among the best in the series, consistently great
Puzzles were shit though. Too easy.

I WANT TO FUCK FI

I WANT TO SHOVE THE MASTER SWORD UP MY ASS

>There's already a fanfic of Riju cucking Link with Zelda
>But not the other way around

I got a Switch but I never had a Wii U so it was an easy choice.
Haven't really had any kinks so far, but the day I bought it I was back at the store the same day buying the pro controller.
What have the supposed kinks been?

Should I call the ambulance now or later?

Was just wondering because I had one of those "I didn't know you could do that" moment with it. I was even dissapointed that there wasn't sword beams in the game.

As it should be.

Some armor sets will ask for them at the high end.
The warm and cold in particular will take rubies and sapphires since it's implied those were involved in their construction to begin with.

Switch. I haven't noticed any problems that people have complained about, especially the where people put the controllers upside down and can't get them off. You're retarded if you do that.

what country is this.

Link plz

>because those game cards are extremely expensive to manufacture.
lol no, they are not

durability is the shittiest mechanic you can have in any game, like holy shit I just want to kill shit without having to worry about my weapon breaking or running out of weapons

They're more expensive than discs anyways.

alright so I'm almost done with BoTW and let me just say, as a game its pretty great. as a zelda game though its pretty shit. really disappointed with what we got for dungeons

cry more retard
the game drops so many weapons. Do you wanna use the same one from minute 1 till the end?

So what are the defense stats and the set bonus for the Fierce Deity set? I know it has atk up.

Switch here, no problems whatsoever.

>he hasn't realized BOTW is non-canon. It's a love letter to the series, a homage. It's got a little bit of everything for everyone's favorite game, with the biggest world yet. That's why it doesn't fit in any timeline.

>the game drops so many weapons
yeah too bad most of them are dogshit that don't do shit for damage. durability is a shit mechanic that needs to stay out of my zelda games.
>Do you wanna use the same one from minute 1 till the end?
If its the master sword then fuck yes I want too use the same weapon, too bad even the master sword got ruined in this game. should've had infinite durability

lmao.
Then play another game. This is not for you.
I love the weapon system in this game.
It's a lot more fun to use spears and boomerangs and shit for weaker mobs and play with them.
I guess you prefer to just faceroll over everything with your glowing light stick.

Unless the devs say otherwise, we have to assume that it's in the timeline. There are references to OoT everywhere, and nods to WW and TP.

>I guess you prefer to just faceroll over everything with your glowing light stick.
>glowing light stick
>Master Sword
>light stick
Take it back user. take it back right now

I got a switch just for this. The only problem I had was that one of my joycons wasn't responding, which I fixed by holding the middle button. Other than that, no problems at all.

I got it on WiiU

Waiting for Switch XL that fixes all the problems the Switch has right now

Got Wii U version cause mine was collecting dust and gave me a reason to hack it so I could play early. I might get a switch eventually but nothing on the horizon is gonna sell me on it yet

What do you guys usually cook for buff food?
Just 5x the same thing or 4x and a horn splitter?

The in-game recipes you get are super bad. Often only restore hp

One of anything that gives bonus hearts. Never need to cook anything else

Hearty _______

That stupid young nigger goron is somehow stuck in a ravine and now I can't progress onto the fucking lizard divine beast.

game should have waves

>tfw no water surfing Link

what about 3atk+ food

>People are actually struggling with this part
Literally how?

I think you can retreat by talking to him.

>Dorian stole the Sheikah heirloom
>Was feeding information about you and the village to the Yiga Clan
>"please don't tell Impa"

What the FUCK
I SHOULD KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND
YOU ENDANGERED MYSELF AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THE VILLAGE!
THEY WERE GOING TO KILL IMPA _AND_ PAYA IF YOU DIDN'T COMPLY. WHY SHOULD I KEEP THIS A SECRET? YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF.
DON'T EVER SHOW YOUR FACE AROUND HERE, OR ELSE I'LL TIE YOU UP INFRONT OF A FUCKING GUARDIAN AND LET IT ANNIHILATE YOU.

Despite how amazing this game is, there's still a lot of potential for improvement

Which only makes me worry about the future, because honestly with how long it took them to release this game, the next one will be really different to it most likely going back to a more Zelda like style

Zelda cucking Link with Riju?

that would hurt koko

I didn't mean to scare the children

>he endangers Paya
>can't gut him
This game sucks.

they're fine

HE'S THE REASON HER MOTHER IS DEAD
RRRAAAAGGHHH
PAYA AND I WILL RAISE HIS KIDS. GOD KNOWS THEY NEED SOMEONE WHO ISN'T A FUCK UP LIKE HIM

are you happy? do you even know what i'm talking about?

man, hitting the lynel in the face is hard.
Apparently head doesn't count. Only face.

Post some cool Lynel webms.

>TFW cooking with Koko

NOW PLEASE

I do not know why you replied to me. What are you trying to tell me?

Ah... Looks like it's about to rain...

I'm not struggling, like I said he is stuck in a fucking ditch.

Yeah I wanted to expose that bastard. Shouldn't get away with it just cause "well I'm good now!"

>so hungry I could eat an octorok
>throw some in a cookpot
>it makes dubious food
well, down the hatch

Sounds odd but is anyone else a little fascinated with the way clouds are rendered in BotW? It looks a little like how skies used to look in early pre-rendered 3D, somehow, but not in an ugly way.

>Koroks are forest spirits and look however the Deku Tree wants them to look like.
Why do people keep stating this headcanon as fact? What the deku tree actually says in WW contradicts this.

Why do you want to drop convergence? You've gotta be pretty autistic to take timeline shit seriously in the first place when the games clearly aren't made with anything more than a rough chronology in mind and are fitted into the timelines after the fact to explain away seemingly contradictory details between games. BotW is set roughly after every other game so it has details from every "timeline" because the developers haven't actually segregated their chronology into three mutually exclusive columns.

>Nah Zelda, we ain't fuckin'
>I need to go breath in The Breath Of The Wild

They're just low-quality textures because looking too realistic would be uncanny with the sort of anime artstyle elsewhere. In fact I'm pretty sure they're supposed to look like painterly anime clouds. What I like is that they move at different speeds on different layers (as clouds do in real life because there are different winds at different heights) and will often start moving faster a few seconds before or after you hear (and see, if you have a torch or cut grass or have an octo balloon strapped to something) the wind pick up. It's little details like that which make the game really immersive.

You don't understand a father's love.
If you had to choose between your village and your children, which would you choose?

If you chose village, you're a shitty parent and shouldn't be allowed children.

But that doesn't matter, because he endangered my pure innocent waifu.
Koko should be crying over two dead parents, after this.

Fool! Protect your waifu if she's so valuable to you. Don't hurt a man trying to protect his children.

Paya would find you despicable if you'd separate children from their parent.

That's fine though. She'll be safe in my arms.

He met his wife after he decided to defect from the Yuga clan. He should have known better

I literally have no clue where to find the 17 shrine quests I'm missing. I imagine they're either time-sensitive or the bird-song guy around the world, but since you have to manually stamp everything it's impossible to keep track of where you have and haven't been. But Google a shit.

Any idea how to find them without looking em all up?

Maybe the Triforce can't actually raise the dead and the timeline convergence happened when Link used the Triforce to wish for happiness and prosperity for all of Hyrule at the end of LttP.
Instead of raising all the dead, it just fused all the timelines together such that everyone never died.
That's why Ganon is inexplicably alive and with triforce in LBW

>Link, as foretold, your are the Breath of the Wild

Damn...

>endangers the entire town
>terrifies Paya to the point you have to protect her all day
>not deserving to at least be forced out the town

He is the worst of the worst.

Spirits are not bound to the same laws and physics as normal races. I propose that the Kokiri form was the odd one, and Korok form is the proper form they had before and after OoT. It doesn't matter much.

'Convergence' is a placeholder theory. It's very bold and far-fetched, but still the closest approach to make sense of everything without having proper explanations. I want it to be replaced by a proper explanation or a tight theory that comes from ingame story entirely.

BotW gave us nothing in that direction. No time related artifacts or powers, except for the slate app. No events, no legends,
no recollections, no stories. It's the kingdom of Hyrule, plaged again and again by Ganon. Everything else is lost. Maybe the Sheikah did it 10000 years ago. But we wouldn't be able to find that out. Having Ritos, Koroks and the Castle City isn't good enough.

It looks too much like a downfall line game with 'new elements'.