Tesla, by the same calculation, is in a whole different league, and not in a good way...

>Tesla, by the same calculation, is in a whole different league, and not in a good way. Its per-vehicle profit comes in at minus-$15,855.

autonews.com/article/20170504/BLOG06/170509893/teslas-good-ideas-cant-pay-the-bills-forever?X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

TOP FUCKING KEK

Remind me why are you supporting them

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
youtu.be/qU94h9tPAPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GOTTA SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY

in regaurds to bugatti:

"We did our homework in every dimension," says Dürheimer. "This car over its lifetime, with 500 cars and a base price of € 2.4 million, is adding into the bottom line result of Bugatti and we are making money with this project."

This is a big change from the Veyron, Bugatti's prior car — some estimates have pegged the company to a $4 million to $6 million loss on each one sold

Bugatti made a promotional thing with the veyron, as a showcase for their technology, while Tesla is losing money since forever.

Why are people investing in this bullshit of a company and their fake Jesus CEO?

GOTTA GET DAT GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY BOY!!!!!!

LET'S JUST FLEECE THOSE TAXPAYERS!!!! LOL!!!! THEY'LL BUY ANY BULLSHIT WE TELL THEM!!!

DON'T WORRY GOYS!!! PROFITABILITY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!! LOL!!!! WE'RE JUST 10 YEARS AWAY!!!!

LOL!!!!

OH UM SOMETHING SOMETHING ENVIRONMENT SCHMIRONMENT!!!!

So who cares if a bunch of rich elite lose money on Tesla then
Which they probably won't

>companies make every decision based around profits
>Veeky Forums hates them

>company makes decisions with total disregard for profit, citing a higher purpose for their existence
>sells vehicles at a loss yet still persists
>Veeky Forums hates them also

>fake jesus ceo
agreed, but that's not really his fault, he's constantly trying to get people to credit his teams instead of him but the fanboys keep screaming

>while Tesla is losing money since forever
however this is a necessary business decisions, EVs work best at an economy of scale so musk is trying to get to scale as fast as possible using whatever means, the model S being a nice drivetrain showcase that has sex appeal

So they're going to make money selling batteries to people when they shit out in 5 years?

I think musk is such an investment genius he's making money hand-over-fist regardless of what his own company does, because he's got stock in others and knows what he's doing. Probably covering the losses out of his own pocket.

>Remind me why are you supporting them
I make fun of them and the people that are falling for Californian marketing.

I'm not, can't wait for them to go tits up.

>investors are worth more than customers

Man, you people really hate anything different don't you?

I hope Tesla makes enough money to literally claim Mars in the name of Musk and gasses this whole fucking planet to kill off the retards like you.

Whatever kind of dystopia it would be would still be better than breathing the same air as a bunch of troglodytes.

He's just a rich technocrat. He'll take the massive losses just to make it happen at all. Once a large enough electric car market is up and running he'll put Tesla production out to pasture and simply service existing vehicles and manufacture spare parts.

I like electric cars. Elon Musk is a megalomaniac elitist prick who wants to see private ownership of vehicles phased out.

You are ignorant blind sheep to support Tesla and you will get what you deserve if it suceeds.

be an angsty teen somewhere else and stop skipping your physics classes.

lol. You dumb bastard. Go suck Elon's cock.

The whole Silicon Valley tech culture bullshit is the biggest House of Cards in the history of the planet. They literally learned nothing from the first bubble. Instead, these fucking coked out, hookered up, wannabe frat bros doubled down on their insanity. And now they're destroying this country from their stupid ass hole on the other side of their Rockies wall. God damn it, you faggots piss me off.

It's a meme company just takin' more and more of your taxpayer dollars. It's a joke and you should kys. Unironically, kys. Do it quick.

Fuck off.

jealous wageslave detected
sorry your liberal arts degree didn't pan out, cleetus

>Tesla fanboy accuses others of being liberal arts idiots
my fucking sides

personally I'm still waiting for the super battery he promised 5 years ago.

If tesla was making the cars Veeky Forums wanted (cheap, simple, light, RWD, turbo 4/v8) we'd all be behind them twice as strong as current tesla fanboys.

hahahahahaha
>wageslave
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>liberal arts
hahahahahahahahah
>cleetus
hahahahahahahaha what? now you're not even making sense.

You dumb bastard. "hurr durr cletus is a wageslave! not me! i work for a big company saving the world and I'm in STEM!" hahahahahahaha

I can't wait until you dumb fucks lose everything again and start jumping off buildings and bridges again. kys faggot.

>If tesla was making the cars Veeky Forums wanted (cheap, simple, light, RWD, turbo 4/v8) we'd all be behind them twice as strong as current tesla fanboys.
I'd be behind Tesla 100% if they were a real company doing real business expanding based on actual profit and demand. You know, like real, actually successful businesses throughout the entire history of the world.

if he's in STEM and believes that a battery powering its own transport is a great idea he'll probably end up at McDonald's anyway.

Tesla is showcasing their technology too you fucking idiot.

Both Chrysler and GM cost the taxpayers tens of billions of dollars each and haven't done anything relevant or useful.

Cheaper to run, instant torque and doesn't rely on fossil fuels. I see no issue with this.

>Tesla Model S, it's limited to a top speed of 155 mph

His goal right now is to produce a shitload of batteries here in the US at net zero emissions and drive down the cost, eventually selling to other companies so they can cheaply make hybrids or better electric cars.

Tesla isn't a car company, its a battery company. Only idiots think otherwise. Look at the Gigafactory and what their industrial division is doing.

>(((their))) technology

The first produced and totally functional electric car has more than 100 years, friendo

>anything above 120mph relevant

>amazon is going to fail because they aren't clamoring for short term profits

You sound like my idiot uncle a decade ago.

>what is race track
lap times shit anyways since suspension is fucking trash tier

besides it would make way faster quarter mile/half mile runs with higher top speed or even a fucking transmission lol

And a model T is exactly the same as a veyron, isn't it? After all, ICEs have been around just as long so Bugatti isn't even doing anything.

Literally no difference xddd

because I'm not an investor and don't give a fuck if they lose money selling me a car?

engines have improved greatly in 40 years. batteries have not. and they never will improve drastically. but you're probably 14 so how could you know this.

the fact that you see no issues with electric cars just proves that there are a lot of issues. the dumbest trip on Veeky Forums strikes again.

They could have a transmission and be even faster with a higher top speed. Doesn't really cater to the masses tho

>batteries haven't improved in 40 years

Ahh yes, I'm sitting here with 7 suitcase sized nickel-irons in my phone that last 5 minutes because its still 1975 and nothing has advanced.

>batteries have not

You won't lose money but you'll be treathed like a beta tester, not losing money but perhaps your life.

last significant battery innovations were:
Lipo in 1991
and LiFePO4 in 1996
and stilll the're prohibitly expensive to use in cars

and then compare a fucking engine in your average shitbox made in 1991 and 2016

Jesus fuck, LITERALLY KILL YOURSELF.

reddit

>but perhaps your life
lol. the way some people drive on here, they'll die before me

Neither are suitable to use in cars because they have much lower energy density than Li-ion. But the main problem for EVs isn't really battery tech at this point, it's charging times and infrastructure. Both need to improve drastically, as the convenience of quick fuel ups (not to mention the ability to easily have a personal fuel store) is a big factor in making ICE more desirable for more people at present. That's why more traditional automakers are betting on hydrogen, as the fossil fuel industry is willing to build infrastructure for that.

This. If there were any floundering America company I'd want my tax money going towards it'd be the one that successfully made EVs appealing to the common man.

Then perhaps the fucking automakers should actually make some fucking hydrogen cars and call up the fossil fuel industry and say "start building your infrastructure", but they aren't.

Here is the average tesla fanboy

Reactionary and irrational beyond fault. Anyone who hates his favorite company is a luddite and a staunch conservative who is aptly described as "living in a cave".

And like, dude mars lmao, let's live on mars, it's a wise investment of time and resources when we have yet to colonize OVER SEVENTY PERCENT OF THE PLANET'S SURFACE AREA AND GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH AVAILABLE SUBTERRANEAN REAL ESTATE and THE VAST MAJORITY OF HUMAN BEINGS ARE LIVING IN BASIC BITCH BOXES THAT CAN HARDLY STAND UP TO THE SEVERE WEATHER WE SNATCHED OUT OF THE DISTANT FUTURE OF THIS PLANET WITH THE MAGIC OF COW FARTS. Dude mars, it's so kewl, i want to live in a sci fi book, tesla please give me touchscreen everything and bland plastic/nylon interiors like the bridge of the enterprise to complete the effect, dude i like star trek lmao.

you know, if the interior didn't look like this and the car didn't phone home and brick itself if you even changed the logo in the infotainment system Veeky Forums might actually like tesla

They are, though. It's starting in SoCal. The fossil fuel industry has a giant boner for it, because it's possible to produce hydrogen directly from hydrocarbon deposits, which could be very profitable.

starting a new car company from nothing is incredibly capital intensive. especially when you are taking a radical departure from existing industry standards and practices.

Tesla is fine burning every nickle they get and staying in debt. So long as they keep selling cars and other products.

>muh subsidies
the oil industry is heavily subsidized or even state owned, through out the world.

Unironically upvoted

Normal person
>hmm, the Tesla doesn't appeal to me, I'm not going to buy one

Autistic shitlord
>ahh I HATE people that like this car, IDIOTS. They are so stupid! I need to let this anime imageboard know that I don't like this brand OR the people that like the brand. When these people talk they say "DUURRRR I AM SO DUMB I LIKE TESLA." See, that proves that they are stupid and I am smart

If you aren't in the market for an $80k luxury sedan Tesla doesn't concern you, run along and worry about your hand me down Saturn.

I'm not shitting on the car, I'm shitting on the internet fanboys and their tendency to shit on literally anyone who doesn't love tesla in particular.

But now that you mention it, it's not a fucking luxury sedan.

And since you mentioned sperging, you can act however you want on the internet even if you act normal in real life. A sperglord is someone who can't control themselves in face to face interactions or anywhere where they have an identity to trash. I know this is Veeky Forums where autism means ur dumb, but there is a difference that I think gets lost in actual autists inability to see the difference between posting on Veeky Forums and yelling at their mom.

this
fuck that interior

>I got upset in a youtube comments section, now I am going to crusade against these people that said I was wrong everywhere on the internet!
Sounds like you are an absolute loser if thats what you spend your free time doing.
>it's not a fucking luxury sedan.
Wrong, dumb
>rest of your post
An autist like you doesn't have the perspective or self reflection to realize they are being obsessive over a perceived group of people that like something on the internet

ok, grandpa.

That's why Tesla hired the guy behind the new Volvo interiors to unfuck their shit.

>megalomaniac elitist prick

To quote Cramer:

If you like Tesla, buy one. Stay away from the stock

This has to be bait
R-Right guys?

I bet a waifu edition Tesla would be fucking awesome

Batteries have improved tremendously, it's only recently where they're starting to level off since all the low hanging fruit is gone, and battery lifetime has been offset by all the extra features carmakers keep putting in. It's why your iphone doesn't last as long as your nokia; it's not because the battery is worse...

>cheaper to run
Depends on repair costs, that battery pack isnt cheap.
>Doesnt rely on fossil fuels
yes they do

Oh and 3 consecutive 0-60 pulls sends the car into overheat mode.

Electric cars are cool, they arent replacing ICE any time soon?

This dude is right

Batteries have not improved in design, truely the progress made has been in materiel science . The quality of materiel that batteries and electrical components are made of increase efficiency greatly.

The designs are basically the same.

You know you are getting solid engineering advice when the poster can't spell the word "material"

go back to le plebbit fag.

Unless you have a counter argument, which im sure you dont.

You have no argument, the post as a whole is not worth addressing, other than the comical fact that you are also illiterate while trying to speak way above your knowledge level. Even if you completely take cells themselves out of the equation just the monitoring and balancing ability of packs in electric cars wasn't even a consideration 40 years ago.

Those are electronic improvements, not electrical improvements retard.

The physical construction of batteries hasnt changes in a century.

Energy density has hardly improved at all in that time as well, lithium Ion batteries are as good as it gets, or 200 miles and a 30 minute charge time.

where exactly do you land on your chart redditor?

>implying I am
nice meme friendo

>Those are electronic improvements, not electrical improvements
Do you think that means anything? Electric cars are not powered by a single cell, they are powered by a pack with a lot going on inside. Your "argument" is like saying engines haven't improved since the advent of the aluminum engine block. You aren't educated enough to speak on this subject to a degree that you don't understand why your posts are wrong, yet you will keep going in an attempt to save face. Here's a good starting point to self awareness -
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>yer dum
So youve got nothing to add?

you dont deserve double dubs retard.

Do I need to add something beyond showing that you are both illiterate and clueless about the subject you are attempting to address? I think I covered all the bases.

So no?

There is improved battery tech that researchers in labs have come up with, but it requires vastly different manufacturing processes and no battery maker wants to drop the initial cash for that switch when they can keep fleecing idiots for the same old shit we have now.

>a single cell
batteries are made up of multiple cells.

teslas battery banks are just that, battery banks .

Tesla is dropping the initial cash on the gigafactory, if this technology actually existed why wouldnt tesla be using it right now?

I mean theyre already losing money hand over fist, why not do it on something that would actually make their cars viable?

>lost money on every single one of the 500 sold
>still the most badass car from Japan to date

The initial investment required for new manufacturing processes means paying engineers to develop the brand new never-seen-before industrial machines that the battery factories will use. They can't use anything that exists on this earth right now. They'd have to build not just a factory, but also invent every machine in the factory, none of which have even been conceptualized yet.

So its vaporware then?

If it were really that good, then it would be on the fast track to completion.

Hand held electronic devices, electric vehicles, power grid storage, and military applications would all benefit from higher density electricity storage.

>elite
>investing in the stock market

Get real, user

I wish you weren't a trip fag so that I could agree with you

i wonder if one day someone will make a drift/track car from one of these

They're more efficient than ICE.

Ahhhh yes. Complete with a V8 TRD NASCAR engine swap for 1000hp.

youtu.be/qU94h9tPAPM

>durr modern batteries are exactly the same as ones made in the 70s while engines are somehow radically different

Samefag

>the physical construction of batteries hasn't changed in a century
I'm actually impressed someone can say something that stupid that isn't trolling

lol whatever you say my man

> ICE and Electrical systems mature in tandem

consider suicide

>changing the argument completely to save face after being proven wrong
>Guise batteries r the same as they always have been but ICE is magic and radically changing
>nickel iron 40 lb blocks are the same as LiPo
>I'm wrong but kill itself

Either you are completely fucking retarded or I am being baited hard.

They have the exact same architecture as the first batteries.

Energy density hasnt improved since the 70s

> ur dumb
k
Guess what, Lead acid batteries work exactly the same as Lithium Ion batteries. Lithium just weighs less.
>proven wrong
lol how, how have batteries changed significantly since 1859?

>save face
put ur trip back on fag

>more efficient

Who the fuck cares, unless you're a fucking poorfag that can't afford the costs of owning a car like gas and maintenance. Take public transportation then if you wanna cry about efficiency.

Things you can't do in an EV
>shift manually
>do your own maintenance
>have analog anything
>enjoy the sound
>regain range quickly
>have ubiquitous places to regain range

But OP, it means you're getting 15000 dollars worth of stuff for free... Are you retarded?

>operating at a """loss"""
Seriously?

Tax evasion 101.

Everyone I know who has spent a reasonable amount of time in or around teslas has shown interest in getting one in the future.

It's just those that have only read about them that don't have any desire to own one, from my experience

Once the model Q or whatever comes out I'll probably pick one up. I was never a car guy I guess, so the whole no engine sound no modifications no stick shifting never was a problem to me. I can understand how they go against the values of some car fans though