Why is the 996 so hated, I don't think it looks bad at all

why is the 996 so hated, I don't think it looks bad at all

> I don't think it looks bad at all
but everyone else does. Is that it?

its predecessor and successor looked exponentially better so it stands out like shit on a porcelain floor

The 996 just needs more crazy. Big wings, wide fenders, big splitter, vents everywhere, that kind of stuff.
The GT2 is the craziest 996 from the factory and (in my opinion) the best looking.

you are not cool and unique for liking it.

Let's face it, you like it because it's $10k
and your peanut brain is trying to rationalize it in another way

It looks.... vaginal.

I prefer the earlier 996.1 look to the later ones.

reminder that the 996 is lighter and faster than the 993

it's hated because the headlights of the pre facelift looked like a fried egg and because it was water cooled

>a newer car performs better
whoa

>water cooled

Why is this bad?

Reminder that you're a retarded bench racer.

>Take a 25k late 996
>Put on 997 front
>"Wow nice Porsche man! It looks so cool!"

it's not air cooled.
but it's a 911.

it's not bad, just autism.

>its water cooled
>its underpowered

The headlights are just insult to injury but I like it and they are /cheap/ now. Normies dont care and still are impressed. They can't tel it isn't brand new $100,000 car.

Its Purists who dont like.

Christ, literally every fucking car that doesn't have 900hp is underpowered according to you Veeky Forums autists. Every fucking thread there's one of you retards calling some car underpowered.

This

It's not hideous, just the most hideous 911. The whole rigamarole around the design flaw in the engine doesn't help.

>purists
"Normies" aren't that stupid. 95% of people would be able to put a 993, 996 and 997 in chronological order because they follow the same design and manufacturing trends as every other mass-produced car.

>they follow the same design and manufacturing trends as every other mass-produced car
Really? Because Porsche has yet to make an angry car

>30 kg / 66 lbs

Less than the difference between being a fat benchracer like you and a normal person who goes outside and drives cars.

Yeah but the 996 has a much more modern, safer, and stiffer chassis

Are the 996s going to appreciate soon? Or is the water cooled stigma going to keep them from really being a classic?

Stay mad it's faster.

I don't think 996s ever surpass the 997s, since they're just 996s that look pretty

Ah, I guess it's a porsche purist thing.

I personally like them. Underated porsche

I think the 996 would have been the best-looking modern Porsche were it not for the headlights. It's got a really nice long and sleek look compared to the 997.

see the problem now?

It's funny how autistic Porsche fanboys are. I love Porsches too but wouldn't let a simple headlight change deter me so much from buying one.

Speak for yourself

>Oh my god they added a bit to the headlights! Just unacceptable I don't want to buy it!

Porsche extremists are fucking retards and are worse than boomers (although they sometimes are too) with their "rare color" or "rare options!"

There was also the IMS bearing issue that put a bad taste in people's mouths over the whole 996 line.
Personally I'd buy a 996 if I had the money. Porsche owners always have authorized mechanics do maintenance when they're supposed to, and if the car hasn't broken by now it's not going to.