Looking into buying a C5 in the next few months. Anyone have any tips on what to look out for...

Looking into buying a C5 in the next few months. Anyone have any tips on what to look out for? Any preference on year model, trim, etc?

>reddit car reviews
here's a tip: fuck off reddit

Not even defending Reddit Car Reviews, but the second fucking row down on Google images sports that image. OP most likely chose it because it sticks out like a sore thumb and catches the eye.

Faggot.

>regular fur reviews

into the oven you go

>rcrcorvettec5
he obviously knew it was rcr when he saved it you fucking retard

nice try, redditor.

Alrighty then. This thread is off to a promising start.

>ITT: Spot the Faggot

All you need to know is it's the best car.

It's reliable and underrated. More features the better. They even have a HUD.

Personally I think the Z06 version is over priced, you can get a LS2 C6 for almost the same price. But if you want the best C5 that's the way to go.

The prices for regular C5s are pretty afordable right now so I probably wont be looking for a Z06. Are there different trim levels for the C5 other than Z06? Like is their a version without an LSD that I should stray away from?

2001 got a 5hp bump in power. There were options and packages but there really isn't any trims other than the Z06 and limited editions. None of the options really add to anything. The HUD is entertaining. Modern mods outperform any performance packages offered back in the day. There were some suspension offerings. Track packages just worsen the ride, the Magnetic suspension was crude and disliked.

Hmm I see. That is good to know.

They all had LSD and all that. They are out of the box, we'll set up sports cars. There is 3 configurations. Hardtop, Targa, Convertible. Hardtop is the most rigid, best for handling. Targa is kinda like T-tops except one solid piece of glass. I would least recommend the convertible if you want to track it.

I do want to eventually track it. I was leaning more towards the targa, but I just don't want it to be leaky. It seems like its hard to find a manual hard top. Most are obviously automatic, but they also seem to mostly be targas.

Slower than the GTR, as every other corvette

Yeah I'm on the hunt too and I think I'll have to settle for the targa cause there are only 2 FRCs in my area amd they're overpriced

The Targa is a good in between.

Im sure there are some decent strut braces out there that will help eliminate any unwanted flex.

Do you have any leak problems? Do you have a glass top or a painted top?

Glass top, no problems so far

Nice. Does it get hot in the cabin?

c6 owner here

this guy is right:
the c6 is a better starting point

if you don't go with a z06, you might want to look for a base model with the z51 package. that gets bigger brakes, engine/diff/trans oil coolers, stiffer/upgraded suspension, and slightly more aggressive gearing.

leave the targa top in and it's fine. i've not seen any aftermarket targa top support braces. at that point just go full cage.

mine did. had the tint guy vinyl wrap the targa top on the inside and it's been great since. never had any leaks either.

This is really helpful. Thanks.

I'm 6' 5" would I fit in one one of these? A stretch goal would be to fit with a helmet on.

I was looking at older Miata's and basically can't fit without mods.

Matt Farah is 6' 3" and fat and he has one and doesn't have any issue. He has replaced the seats though.

no problem
c5 can't do custom driver display messages like the c6

my recommendations to fully "fix" a c5 or c6 on the least amount of money...
- seats (limited options: corbeau, sparco)
- mgw shifter
- aftermarket brake fluid, pad, & rotor upgrade (also, some c6 calipers & rotors are direct/cheap upgrades to c5s. i went full retard with a stoptech big brake kit.)
- power upgrades: intake, cam, headers, & custom tune (when that's not enough, a&a supercharger kit)
- suspension:
lgmotorsports . com / corvete-c6-parts-2008-2013/c6-suspension/lg-motorsports-c5-and-c6-super-performance-handling-package.html

i'm 5'9" and basically have the seat full forward. there's a good bit of room for being a small car.

bigkleib34 on youtube is also a big guy and he fit in his c6z. go sit in a c5 or c6 and find out for sure. you'll see why seats are a recommended mod

Do not get anything pre-2001 with active handling, there is a steering wheel position sensor that can fail and a replacement will never be manufactured due to contract issues. There were also some traction control/ABS pressure unit issues as well.

>panty drop mode

fucking lel

my dad thinks it's hilarious
mom, not so much