Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7
(Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1041613/feee34074f/
radianthistoria.jp/
gematsu.com/2017/03/atlus-new-title-announcement-special-spring-2017-live-stream-set-march-26
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for ranma monk a best.

When's Nene getting an OP pic?

When EOV comes out in the west

Let this serve an eternal reminder

O-Oh...

Arianna has an exceptionally large ass.

That's great

That means she shits more and bigger.

>that sneaky shit that slipped past the black censor

Ranma monk is cool!

So EOU III is next, right?
What kind of stuff are you expecting or would like to see in it?

Does anyone actually use Darkness Fist? It seems like everyone just uses Breakfire Fist.

One floor mini-dungeons for the sea quests to make up for the lack of floors pre strata, seafood, monks that are viable frontline fighter, buccaneers getting a complete overhaul in general, wildlings and yggdroids finally being good, better balanced subclassing, new class(es), and I think that's about it. There might be some more that I can't think of at the top of my head.

Kind of unrelated.
But I remember someone posting the dolphin picture a lot monts ago.

That doujin got translated, so here it is.

exhentai.org/g/1041613/feee34074f/

Looks like EO is gonna get cuked until 2018

radianthistoria.jp/

I liked radiant historia

It's over. No localization at all

>SMT HD
>SMT 3DS
>Radiant Historia
>that other thing with the soejima elf girl

Atlus calm down.

PS2 models and Saturn sprites aren't cutting it anymore, they have to make new assets to re-use for the next 20 years.

>not arcanist
Right. Bench warmer at the guild hall for this girl.

I will now proceed to pleasure myself with this fish.

Radiant Historia has been the best news since sliced bread

ded

Rip in piss eog, we barely knew you

Does this have anything to do with us?
If it says to look out for Famitsu doesn't it mean that its just about a JP release?

Radiant Historia was a pretty interesting game.
Since EOV gets no localisation Radiant Historia 2 or whatever will also never make it to the west.
Not until they released every visual novel for the Vita possible and wondered why they are not making any money with a dead genre on a dead handheld.

It's confirmed to be a 3DS remake (fuck Atlus that's 6 of them already), plus they have SMT on swtich, 3ds, and the new persona team game. I wouldn't expect anything about a new EO until at least next year.

I'm fucking dead already.

>artist: NENEmaru
fucking neneposters, jesus christ

Storm Emperor in U2 is the worst shit

The other dragons only get worse.
They do more damage and have way more HP.

So basically:
ded game

I just want some bunny waifus, stop remaking games no one cares about reeeeee

The funny thing is that the game is being released late into the 3DS's life span, just like the original on the DS. Figures Atlus would prefer to do it that way, is probably easier to port and reuse assets and shit

remake more like reeeeeeemake

gematsu.com/2017/03/atlus-new-title-announcement-special-spring-2017-live-stream-set-march-26
Prepare for more pain.

We need to sacrifice the neneposter to please the god of releases

Why would they want something so worthless?

ded game shouldn't take too much

>encounter up button on F25
holy shit

The other colour is an encounter down button but I believe it runs out far quicker.

I pressed it on purpose because i farm there but holy shit encounter every 4 steps is some real shit

EO meets Pokemon

Pokemon actually has better encounter rates and repels which get rid of stuff entirely (not lower rate negligibly for a lot of money or skillpoints/grimoire slot)

Fuck you guys, I believe. It's finally time for EOU3

I wish Overlord's defence was made of cardboard instead of his personality

It's also time to get your dreams crushed

what is happening here

I found his personality ok for how much we interacted with him.
It's clear that he not always was the one-track-mind monster creator he is now since it'S heavily implied he made the entire Heavenly Keep as an ark for humanity.

Orange Gladiator is for the white Zodiac only

I wonder if we could just drop the ship onto ginnungagap to nuke everything and not bother traversing

How come EO is not a super popular series with all these sluts

While a few portraits are pretty lightly clothed most are just cute 2D girls.
To capture the mass audiance you need 3D asses stretched into the camera in every shot.
This allows your average ape to wank continously while calling weebs perverts for thinking drawings are cute.

Also no amount of sluts is enough to make up for the fact that EO is a good game.
Your average gamer wants the same basic shit over and over again because while it is boring as all hell at least it is safe.
You just know what kind of low quality you get with a Fifa or CoD or Assassin's Creed. No need to take a risk if you can be prepared for disappointment.

Is all the overlord bullshit on timer or it's actually tied to HP percentages?

Him summoning his core or his laser helpers is based on his HP.
At 75%, 50% and 25% HP he first summons the Satelites (1 the first time, 2 both times after) and at the end of the next turn he activates his core.
Then he will use his elemental attack four times (fire below 75% HP, ice below 50%, volt below 25%) before using Dance until you are dead.
This can of course be cut short by destroying the core.
But this triggers the weaker version of Dance (can hit everyone only once instead twice and for lower damage at that) and any version of Dance causes the Satelites to explode for massive damage.

So smash him down, kill Satelites, kill Core, rince, repeat.

>any version of Dance causes the Satelites to explode
They won't explode randomly otherwise?

Because it's """hard""" according to the reviewers (the ones who claimed the map system was "too vague" and the "random encounter on screen" were too tough.) and not worth the effort.

Also has a point. Normies don't want to have to work for their happy ending, they want to push 2 buttons and have it handed to them as a vaguely interactive movie.

Also mediko a cutest.

Nope. They only use Self-Destruct on the turn Overlord uses Dance.

>who claimed the map system was "too vague"
What the fuck
>want to push 2 buttons and have it handed to them as a vaguely interactive movie.
That's pretty much the description of Picnic difficulty

Sticks

But your average gamer won't play Picnic difficutly.
They want it to be piss easy but also called "hard" or at least "normal" because their precious little egos could not stand the realisation that they are casuals.
Of course being casual is nothing bad as long as you enjoy what you do - but since the average gamer is deep in the "filthy casual" circlejerk they stay clear from any slightly challenging game out of fear.

Also it's a colorful game with anime girls, so even more non-existant manlyness points lost.
Only games that are exclusively made with grey and brown colors are ever allowed to be challenging. And even then only on the higher difficulties.

That's why AAA titles have a bunch of fucking useless difficulties - by not needing to pick the lowest setting 12 year olds feel strong and skilled.
Some games even make the lower difficulties be direct insults to the player to make sure even your thickest teenager realises only idiots play that difficulty - and since they don't play it they clearly aren't idiots.
Teenager logic is not boolean and AAA publishers know at least that much.

every time i try to get someone into EO they complain about not seeing their characters or wanting a story

>wanting a story
There's a story though, at least in 3DS games?

twigs are great

thick bunny girl
do you think she is good at jumping?

The most broken party combination each game faces each other in a 7 way battle consisting of EO1, EO2, EO3, EO4, EOU, EOU2, and EOV's most powerful teams. Which team comes out on top?

EO1 party stacks immunize + defender and wins by virtue of being unkillable

At THAT kind of jumping
4 probably, imperials are not kidding

Immunize is powerful but I don't think it makes you immune to status ailments or debuffs.

Can anyone remind me what was the way blood surge was used, by imperials specifically if it matters? Just pop it up as additional buff for max deeps?

Defence debuff of any kind and strength dispell defence buffs.
Several classes have buff removals in later games.
Metopon.

I don't think Imperials would be that strong. Completely overkilling one character every few turns (until it's every turn for a while) is not that strong especially when they can't target who they want because of a Hit-Taker or Scapegoat effect.

EO2U probably.
Force Boosts and Force Breaks are just too fucking strong.

Desperation Hit-Taker means you have to burst through about 6000 HP on a defensive character or throw out two party targeted attack to even touch anyone but the beast.

Barrier means you have to use a party wide ailment/bind/effect as a throwaway skill if you want to inflict any ailment.

Creeping Curse boosted Corrupt Curse has a 100% chance of landing so one line of your damage dealer will blow themselves up.

Fafnir and an Compression Alchemist can tear your team appart while being extremely protected.

True Endurance and Acceleration alone are probably enough to kill half of most parties on turn 2.

Does any EO game have traps?

Blood Surge is an ongoing effect, not a buff - so it takes no slot and can not be dispelled except when you yourself use Deep Breath. Or die.
It doesn't even end after a certain amount of turns.

You only learn Blood Surge at rank 1, rank 2 tops.
At 1 it increases damage by 45% for 10HP and 5 TP every turn.
At 2 it's a 50% increase for 23 HP and 6TP.
Beyond that the HP costs explode while the damage does not get all that much better.

So just Surge turn 1 and ignore the tiny amounts of stuff you lose. Aside from that just use your normal damage rotation.

EO4 has these for example.
All of them have the "male stance".

But beyond that no character ever gets gendered so you are free to treat every female portrait with a covered chest as a trap.

Ah, so they're in IV.

I was just curious, I knew about the "misleading" portraits but I didn't know which one they were in.

plenty

Other titles have misleading portraits, too. But I consider these to be the pinacle.

Don't they have some AoE stuff that can be activated only after two? overheats?

Overdrive. Can only be activated with Ignition. Which can only be activated after two overheats.

So you would throw out a Drive skill, need to cool down your weapon completely, throw out another Drive, use Ignition, use Overdrive.

I honestly don't think a EO4 party would survive that long.
Their only defence aside from binds and ailments are passives, a single Archanist debuff, one Dancer Buff (which only works against physical attacks) and a Fortress face tanking with really tiny reductions attached to it.

EO4 classes are extremely offensively strong. But classes from other games have ways to shut down their main players or just outright negate damage.

Are twigs that short?
Wufans Portrait makes her look pretty tall.

Maybe it's a lolitwig

Pretty sure Wufan wasn't much bigger than medium and medium is a kid.

Is there any official artwork of them next to each other? I only found fan art.
The official art book only has them on seperate pages.

I always thought of sticks as tall and lanky, compared to humans

They are definitely lanky as all hell. But I'm not sure how tall they are.
Wufan's portrait has her standing tall - there is less space between her head and the end of the screen than there is for the Outland Court.
Although I always imagined him as a manlet.

The other female twigs seem noticably but how much is hard to tell.

It's super popular for its genre, as sad as that is.

>Channeling the days of pen and paper RPGs, Etrian Odyssey also utilizes a grid-based map on the lower DS screen for you to track your progress. Unfortunately this game adopts such a "hardcore means not explaining anything" mindset that it doesn't teach you how to use the map – the most important tool at your disposal. Sure, there's a basic intro, but the legend is never explained and there are some pretty random icons included (a hand? Scissors? The letter "E"? What does it all mean?!).

Stick arts too rare
No love for sticks

>some pretty random icons included (a hand? Scissors? The letter "E"? What does it all mean?!).