twitter.com/hashtag/ACEINF

AC7:

Multi-plat port confirmed.
youtube.com/watch?v=7zxB1ahoz_M&t

PSX 2016 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=ezm_kZ9Mi20

Returning to Strangereal.
Composed by Keiki Kobayashi.
Directed/written by Sunao Takabuchi and Kosuke Itomi.

This is everything we currently know (or think we know) about AC7:
pastebin.com/SWN1R7tj

AC:I:

>
ace-infinity.bngames.net/

>
infbuild.sorairo.pictures/#011n010001010000000000000001

>
Gold Box? Probably 30 tickets

>
asm.aceinf.glasscore.net/ (use Text to export build into text format)

>
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eP07-JbjTjXkD5nQlNkC0I8WidP_AXD1K4S9jESx-Jk/edit?usp=sharing

>
docs.google.com/document/d/1K3RrtoLfs089WDdEyhmBg6r7ge2j7WS-_-iXkCYOyrg/edit

>
pastebin.com/whkD5Wmh

In other news:
A God-tier user is making an AC inspired PC game: rb-d2.tumblr.com/
Someone else is making an open-source thingy based on AH assets: zxstudio.org/blog/author/razgriz/
The eternally based Razgriz Patch Guy: strangerealpatches.storenvy.com/
RPG Logs database: pastebin.com/m7WgAifw

Because it bears repeating:
>HD Collection Never (ever).
>don't let it die, dammit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QZqk6_CPCc4
youtube.com/watch?v=hEb0ZWVknCI
youtube.com/watch?v=muaIrJtifDw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Belka did nothing wrong

2nd for Slav shit best shit

Second for the BRRRRT

8492th for bullying warcrimes

Tfw talking a buddy to get into ace combat
Is it not the best feeling

Guess not

Have an OC Donut Steel color courtesy of me for an upcoming AC-inspired fic I'll be writing soon

Anyways, I need something to draw. Taking aircraft requests

MiG-31 pls

Hello warcrimes

Mad that nobody's mentioned you since you got rid of the name?

Fenrir

Mobius F-4

Foxhound first. Will attempt the Fenrir afterwards if I'm not tired

>9

For fun which do you prefer, having multiple enemy aces/squadrons throughout a game that all get a little bit of characterization and development or having one enemy ace/squadron throughout the game that is heavily characterized and developed?

TL; DR: diversity vs focus

Pic related is my answer

>yfw this is bullying
>yfw you've been successfully baited into bullying warcrimes

Does Pixy count? Because I liked how he get's all the characterisation before he even becomes an enemy. The other ace squadrons in Zero are good as well.

Anything's better than 5 with barely any characterisation of anyone.

Not sure desu. While Beast Squadron from Assault Horizon Legacy is one of my favorite squadrons just from Sergei's personality and their tactics, I really liked how Voycheck of Strigon Squadron learned more about Emmeria as Estovakia raided it and ESPECIALLY those bios about the individual Strigon members you can only get if you kill them. Makes you feel kinda bad about it

zero did the best job of it, I think

I would throw Zero (Pixy included) under the diversity category. None of the aces in Zero have a wide character to them. They usually have one theme (knighthood, pride, guidance, love, anti-war, etc.) that defines them and that's it. Don't get me wrong, Zero does a diverse cast extremely well as each theme is very well developed. To take Pixy as an example, all you really have to go on with him is his relationship to Cipher and his developing anti-war sentiment.

Compare that to Yellow 13 in 4, where we follow his relationship with Mobius, Yellow 04, the narrator, the girl, his view of the war, etc.

Both can work great when done right and imho, 4 and 0 show the best of both extremes.

Yeah, it's stories like that that make me lean towards following a single ace/squadron over many.

Of course it did. Yellow Squadron is my favorite enemy in the games, but Zero is still best game.

>tfw you realize you've been chasing your youth by playing the Ace Combat games and listening to music from when you were 10
>tfw you look at people younger than you and see yourself 2, 4, 10 years ago
>tfw you realize that not that far in the future you're going to be everyone you ever looked up to
you guys ever think how weird it is that everything seems to just be going in cycles? Lots and lots of parallel cycles.

I'm just thinking about how people born in the years that my favorite games were released are now old enough to drive.
Its not a very good feeling.

yeah, no fucking joke. Not that long from now we'll be passing the torch to the next generation of shitposters, who'll have their own favorite games, their own opinions and interpretations.

I guess all we can do is live our lives as best we can.

>Assault Horizon Legacy
That worth emulating?

Citra isn't good enough yet. Just emulate Ace Combat 2.

>emulating
I say get the physical copy, particurlaly Assault Horizon Legacy+ if you can find it. Ace Combat on the go is pretty great and I've clocked tons of hours into it. Survival and Extra missions are quite challenging post-game content as well

Fucked it up. I'm gonna try and do it again later

I don't have a DS and won't get one for one AC game. But good to know it's decent, I'd completely forgotten about it.

>you guys ever think how weird it is that everything seems to just be going in cycles?
People are people, don't matter what year it is.

nowt strange about it
AC7 news never

>tfw that thread about roman graffiti shitposting
Only the medium has changed.

>word squares are literally as old as Western civilization
There's some sort of weird poetry in how things change and yet stay the same.
Of course the day-to-day happenings change, and the specifics of the problems change, yet everyone going back thousands of years has had the same worries - what happens when I die, how do I make the most of my time here, why was I put here?

It's comforting, in a sense. Everyone is asking and answering the same questions. As different as everyone might be, we're all human.

>captcha is Mirador memorial
You lads ever listen to Sungrazer? It was a Dutch stoner rock band. They've got this song, Mirador, that I always really liked. Sometime last year, I was looking them up again and I found out that their vocalist and guitarist committed suicide. It's colored the song in a different light ever since. Now the ending has a finality that I can't really explain. It feels to me almost like a goodbye.

youtu.be/QZqk6_CPCc4
Rest in peace, Rutger. I hope you finally found what you were looking for.

And that's my blog for tonight. hope the euros can keep us bumped 'til the AM. Oh, and post songs that you changed opinions on/changed for you over time.

Buddyposting was the original baneposting

I'm going to hit on a girl soon during a class. She'll be flying the Night Raven, so damn gorgeous. She's also surrounded by several swarming N.TGTs, probably other male mercenaries tasked to shoot her down. Fortunately, no one really dares to attack, so it's all up to me now.

It's just that I'm not really sure about my strategy. I could do an heads-on attack, but in case of a failure, her primary weapon could completely disintegrate my poor "Game". I mean I've already destroyed some of the Aeon generators with my smooth talk, but she's still so damn powerful. So fucking hard to even get a lock-on due to her incredible mobility. Might still keep my altitude low for just a little more, but I feel like I'll be wasting too much fuel. Should have picked long range missiles as opposed to short ones...

It is all in picking your fights. Planning your attacks.

If she had her nose in a book or had this "I'm here to look at books don't bother me" aura about her then...well..FAIL.

If a girl is sitting alone, by herself and looking out the window and thinking to herself "...oh god another year alone." Then you should come up and say something that doesn't sound like a come on. Like "Hey what's on your mind" or something. Just DON'T SOUND CREEPY. PICK YOUR TARGETS. It is like this. Pretend that you are a Marine Force Recon unit and you are cut off from supply. You are on your own and you have to have your wits about. Are you going to rush in on a heavily fortified well defended bunker? NO! That's STUPID! HOWEVER, if it was a lightly defended and isolated relay post or it was a bunch of lonely, scared and inexperienced conscript soldiers then BY ALL MEANS GO FOR IT!

Why is this so hard to understand? Women are not some unattainable thing. They are not goddesses, princesses, or queens. They are closet whores and normal people with breasts. They want what you want. Security, companionship, and the benefits of income. Only they expect YOU to provide it.

What you might want to do is hire a mercenary. You know a guy who can tag the ass and can talk you up for a girl. Just remember, he handles TACTICS. REAR END SUPPORT...this is YOUR FIGHT you gotta DO IT.

yup

>7 open for preordering at Play Asia
>$250 with currency exchange

Fuck
And hype
What to do

There was some beauty in that.

It's been too long

which one is more fun

Do tin castle buddy

night missions > sea mission

This hurt to read, but /aceg/ still has this adorable unjaded innocence about it.

Update.

Most of these are ready to go. Of all the patches in this picture, only Rot isn't quite finalized.

I'm hoping to have these available in the next 2 weeks.

Never pre order a game. It encourages bad industry practices like day 1 patches and selling shitty broken games because publishers can get away with it. Fuck preorders.

I've been considering getting one of these for a while now. You ship them to Europe?

I ship anywhere that has mail service.

Aside from the cockpit looking a little jank, it's a great start. Actually pretty eager to see that Fenrir 2bh.

Oh man, I fucking LOVED how they did Voychek in AC6. How he starts out drinking the koolaid and believing Emmeria is a poor shithole, then by the middle of the war he's not quite convinced, then by the time him and the kids are freed from the catacombs and he's learned about the Estovakians' final plans, he's like "Nah, I don't think so," and decides to help you. I can't tell you how much I love it when a character starts out as a villain, then sees the error of his ways and jumps ship, and becomes instrumental in ending the war. I FUCKING LOVE THAT SHIT.

>tfw I have young teens asking me the same questions I asked adults when I was their age
>start out as the confused kid who needs a mentor, then become the mentor to other confused kids

It's a weird fucking feeling, that's for sure.

This song.
youtube.com/watch?v=hEb0ZWVknCI

When I first listened to it it gave me a vibe of 'lovers reeunited', and I listened to it all the time. But it was the first song I heard after a buddy of mine died, and it became sort of a 'goodbye' song, if that makes sense, and now I can't listen to it. It always takes me back to a time when everything in my life was completely different, and not necessarily for the better, and ultimately reminds me of my friend.

I've listened to snippets of it over time, but I'd say it's probably been close to 3 years since I sat down and listened to it all the way through.

>10

>tfw you can't hear the word buddy without feeling the need to answer 'you still alive?'

Friendly reminder you can buy Assault Horizon on pc for what its worth, 1.50$, on G2A

Friendly reminder AH isn't worth jackshit

Fuck off

Do not presume to speak for the whole general. I, for one, liked AH. I played it with my friends and we had fun.

>AH isn't that bad, there are tons of people who secretly like it!!!

Again, fuck off

To be clear, you know you've now responded to two different people, right?

Fuck off

>171668127
Okay, so you're just baiting for (You)s. Got it. I'll stop handing you those now.

Back to the other user's point, the game is worth $1.50. Good music, good graphics, and if your buddy grabs a copy, the co-op is like Infinity with no time limit or microtransactions. It's reasonably comfy.

>171668127

Worse graphics than 6

user every game has worse graphics than 6

no you

But 7 is gonna be better.

Not even memeing, 6 is the best looking AC game

fite me

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME AC5 WAS THIS FUCKING TUBULAR

What mission are you on?

6 looks great. Which is why it hurt all the more that AH was just looking kinda bad and muddy/dirty.

The thread will hate on the story but 5 was great fun.

>The thread will hate on the story
Do people really hate it though? The story and dialogue was the weakest of the trilogy, but it's still one of the best campaigns I've played, and few games get close to how epic and adventurous it felt.

>tfw Grimm, Snow and Nagase shit their pants when you beat Hamilton in mission 27

made me feel like a god

It was a good feel.

Are these dimensions in inches or centimeters?

All numbers are in freedom units.

>freedom units.
Imperial belongs to the brits tho

Okay, fine. Freedom units as represented by current-day demographics.

The US doesn't use Imperial, it uses US Customary.

The Imperial system was defined until 1824, well after american independence.

wasn't*

Does the metric system exist in Strangereal?

It might, but I always assumed everyone used miles, feet, etc.

Pic related

That is because aviation uses NM and feet because freedom made it hard for everyone after WW2 except gliders, who continue to use the metric system.

That said it has turned into a combination of metric and imperial units.

A combination which has killed a lot of people.

I only recall the liters vs lbs/kgs one, but that was Gimli with no deaths.

Otherwise its not hard to adapt to using feet over meters or knots over kph/mph. It's not like that matters. Unless you switch from one to the other but outside gliders and historic craft I know no planes that have non standard units for the instruments.

But at this stage it is too late to go back and change the whole thing anyhow.

bump

You shouldn't measure fuel as volume anyways.

Did this whole discussion start from that guy asking R.P.G. about patch size?

Well the tanker has it in liters, the pilots use mass. But yeah, it's not optimal.

The conversion wouldn't be a massive issue, if some people didn't use lbs while other use kilos.
But I can't speak for modern conditions, with EFBs and electronic loadsheets and everything I imagine it's changed a bit.

Perhaps.

YF-23 had a weird proposed naval variant

>tfw never

She was too good for this world

RIP in peace

;_;7

Speaking of planes that will never happen. The Tigershark and the P16 upsets me.

Is it possible to turn around in one of the big rooms in the tunnel and shoot him down again?

Negative, but you can shoot him before the tunnel is opened. He'll simply disappear from radar and reappears in the tunnel as usual, but at least you'll get a few comments on how badass you are from everyone.

>playing Ace Combat 5
>struggling with a certain mission
>look up a walk through
>walk through tells me I missed the mission that unlocks the Su-27 for purchase
>seriously considering starting over just for it
Playing blind is suffering

Yeah I struggled a lot to get the cockpit right, which is one of the reasons I'll be redoing it

>finish a mission
>'A new aircraft is available for purchase'
>tfw

i didn't the game but some of the soundtrack is pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=muaIrJtifDw

nothing will ever top shit like Comona, but a proper ace combat game with hard metal would be fun imo

it would be like an even edgier AC0

>200k of wine and cheese stolen in italy
Facedragggggggggg

>I missed the mission

What do you mean missed? I know the game had that coin thing, but other than that I went through it mission to mission

Yeah, I'm talking about the coin missions. I went in completely blind and didn't know that was even a thing until this walkthrough mentioned it
With that said, I beat the mission I'm struggling with. Fucking 8492nd Squadron

I did shoot him down from long range before the tunnel. With a xaam before he was even able to do anything. My wingmen still creamed themselves over how good i was. Yeah guys, only the most incredible pilot could have pulled that off. >_>

I only played 4, 5 and 0 so far but I really want to play 7 when it comes out

Do I need to play the first 3 to understand the timeline better?