Ashigaru edition

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ogre_Kingdoms
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815266198
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

grudgin'

Why do miner's with blasting charges let you attack a siege without building any equipment when you can't even use blasting charges to break down gates / walls?

>AI decides it can beat your army because it's a 20 stack of fucking pistoliers and the auto resolve says so
Well I mean, okay

Goblin Dabbing

miners/miners with blasting charges are able to destroy gates very fast using their picks if you send them to attack a gate in melee

but only miner's with blasting charges let you instantly siege even though the blasting charges do nothing for taking out fortifications.

Are there any mods that make the AI actually siege settlements instead of trying to just starve you out every time?

I need an Attila roll chart.

Here's a Charlemagne one in exchange.

A single bolt thrower also lets you do that, yet if you play the siege it wil never, ever be able to break down a gate.

Either mod it out (which might be the first step to a complete siege overhaul mod, now that I think about it), or accept that autoresolve is meant as magic to help the AI along because holy shit is the AI bad at sieges.

Trees

>Trees

Can March 31st get here so we can be an expansion announcement closer to an actual playable chaos experience. Actually the disorder races in general are not that great with the order factions clearly getting the love in game 1.

How is Charlemagne? Worth the price? More fun than normal Attila?

get a mod that makes siege equipment build faster, thats what the ai is doing most of the time

I dunno if I've played a comfier campaign.

Fuck humans, fuck dwarfs, fuck the undead, the orcs, fuck everyone. Fuck you axe wielding shits cutting and burning down MY trees. The world is going to pay. They will all feed the forest.

the prince of seduction is the only chaos god Worth fighting for , you cant proove me wrong

Yes its definitely worth the price, whether or not you think its more fun than attila will probably be based on how you like the changes to battles/the campaign. Its a very good dlc

That's not the issue, the issue is that miners with or without blasting charges, are only good against gates because of their pickaxes. So why on earth restrict it to m(BC) when regular does the same thing?

>changes to battles/the campaign
You mean other than moving the clock forward a few centuries or did they make gameplay changes?

seriously what the FUCK this isn't remotely balanced

Turn number?
Did you confederatre or genocide welfs

>worst elves are basically p2w
What else is new?

Turn 97, genocided welfs because I have a no confed mod and it seems to make more sense as Durthu.

expand your lebensraum

ZEIG HEIL MIEN TREE FUHRER

My what? But yeah don't worry everyone is getting the root.

those vikings got balls, sometime

I like the dubs challenges in this one
Why don't we have them for other roll charts?

You need to upgrade the Oak to be able to confederate the welfs.

Oh well lol. Durthu hates them anyway, right?

>Not being able to perform actions to please separate gods granting access to their followers and gifts
>Not being able to play it were Undivided balances it all out
>No chaos fortresses, shrines, or anything at all on the map to care about
>Attila horde implementation

just fuck me for the next year and a half or so

Evil Hoofy Beasties are love.

>you will never lick Isabella's smooth, hairless butthole while she makes soft moans onto her chalice

>get curious and try my own Marauder Horsemen spam

at last I truly see

>Not being able to set up Herdstones in the deep forest , instead use towns for it
>relying on gorebull/mino goon squads rather than numbers just like GS
>Cannot corrupt Athel Loren, Herdstones don't work there
>No benefit to burning big tree
>Have to be really damn passive until total supremacy because again...
>Attila horde implementation

Thank you. Thought that'd take longer, I wandered off.

GIMME SOMETHING NEW

Do Dwarves usually take ages to "grow" in terms of a settlement? Im on turn 65 or so and I just upgraded that main dwarf hold you start out with to level 5.

That all would be great, but you have to make sacrifices in any vidya. I like the Horde aspect myself and I imagine you can get by without minotaurs. Just move three herds of 20 ungors together and swarm stuff.

They get very poor growth from their main buildings, you need to go after growth actively with farms and tech.

Aw man, I have to start as a blob.

Oh well. Should I return to the pagan ways, or hold the true faith of Christ?

They have very few Growth boosts if I recall. Probably deliberately as dwarfs are a dying race.

Paganism is great, but you can't get a culture victory/divine triumph

posting warhammer rolling for fun

Rush growth tech, there's a couple boosts along the top lines you can have by about turn 30.

You can also drop points in the blue tree for a runesmith that gives growth to the province he's in without requiring him to deploy; allows you to carry him around in an army or have him do actions to invaders while still giving a province growth.

Very well, IN THE NAME OF ALMIGHTY GOD, I SHALL CONQUER.

Attila hordes are just so genuinely dis-interesting in this game. Forces you to turtle because losing a horde loses irreplaceable infrastructure which takes ages to develop into a decent fighting force.

In Attila it made sense but there are things these armies care about in this setting.

There is a reason WoC is so terrible in campaign and while Beastmen are better but the land-locked factions are overwhelmingly more popular. They have more shit to do and can actually produce new armies that are effective and not gimped trash.

Good luck user
I hope the Huns don't give you too much trouble

Holy fuck an army that can challenge me

Looking at this picture is there ever an attempt by an army of order invade the chaos wastes?

In the Empire intro of Total War Warhammer, you can see the result of one such invasion.

rollin

Doesn't work out. Getting across the Sea of claws wouldn't work out, Norsca would eventually bleed you out not to mention General Winter kicking your ass and going across the Sea of Chaos would spell doom for anyone not in touch with the warp. And doom for many who are as well.

Also CA stop making everyone immune to fucking attrition.

>AoC as westphalia
>Btfo'ing franks at every turn
>allied with all the pagans
>making assloads of cash from former frankish territories
>all the pagans love me
>notice eastphalia and the danes are both led by hedonist morons
>pay them both 10k to be tributary states

neato, hopefully this counts towards the requirements for becoming the kingdom of saxony

>if the AI was smart
1 in a billion battle

Nah, it's a mod

Valuable Veterans makes things pretty interesting/goofy at times
Max rank swordsmen can go toe to toe with Chosun

Decide the fate of the old world: who eats it next?

Which one?

Tilea/Estalia. It's too untidy right now.

The Empire

Let all your provinces collapse under negative public order and see how the world changes

I felt a little bad about ganking the

rollan for somethin gud

Once more into the hell of bugs and crashes that is Attila.

>beating the franks so badly that the only thing they can do is send spies to light fires in my cities

funny, but obnoxious

Small start with good anvil please.

LEAFENSRAUM FUR DIE UBERBAUM

>hell of bugs and crashes that is Attila.

are you sure you aren't thinking of a different game?

Eh? Attila is probably the second most stable TW I've played.

What sort of endgame, general purpose army composition should I be aiming for with Vampire Counts/Vlad? Their infantry are okay in the beginning but I find once I hit midgame most of my shit crumples like paper bags. The blood knights and varghouls seem to pull their weight like crazy, at least. Any tips?

OGRES
G
R
E
S

Please be something good.

What's their army comp and playstyle like?

Invest in wraiths. The armor piercing and physical damage reduction will do you good. Mortis Engine also a good investment.

Rock the boat!

I honestly hate endgame vamps, as you get so many fast units in the various cav/monsters you recruit, but your best infantry and support units are horribly slow meaning that you have a massive speed disparity

Whoops, forgot to rock the boat.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ogre_Kingdoms

Everything is monstrous outside a race of greenskin race that is so runty gobbos can even bully them

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING Selling hovel: cheap, good condition

terrorgheists and anything wraithlike will do you solid.

...Hm. Burgundians. They seem strange. Well, they've got Germanic spear masters, so I guess they'll do.

an entire race of minotaurs, including cannon wielding minotaurs and minotaur cavalry

rolling to support tree hitler and the forest reich

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815266198
I've heard this is a good way to help the AI get really strong armies rolling, as it gives them enough room to get the necessary synergy buildings
Anyone here tried it?

they're a great faction

>unique hurlers that are incredibly powerful in the early game vs unarmored targets
>shock cav w/ good bonus vs large
>dane axe wielding infantry
>incredibly strong javelins

It's almost harvesting season!

Nope. Every single time I start a campaign, around turn 20-25, the whole fucking thing crashes when I hit End Turn. Nothing fixes it, not reinstalling, not updating everything, nada. It seems like a super rare problem, though.

Biggest problem I have is that it makes Regiments of Renown completely useless unless you use that XP gain for RoR mod. Unfortunately that shit means all edited versions of the units go back to its original type, meaning you can't use Karak Kadrin Slayers for example because then the Dragonback slayers will be 100x shittier than normal ones

Who's recommended to start out as in EBII?

Fair points well made
At least a lot of RoR have special abilities on top of being high quality.
I was thinking about trying the less strong variant of Valuable Veterans, maybe 1/2 or 1/4. Enough to make unit ranks more meaningful but not so much that they turn into elites

On a side note, I had an alternative idea for RoR where instead of them being essentially just mercs you hire, you have to instead get a standard unit up to a minimum rank then transform that unit into its RoR version - that would be intredasting and never happen because I don't think the TW modding tools allow that much changery.

VC are pretty much "Hammer and Anvil: The Faction". You have essentially unbreakable frontline which holds good no matter how cheap, so you can invest heavily on their many many monstrous/cavalry options.

If you're talking MP, you'll want a Lord, about 8 Skellies, 1 WK, 1-2 Mortis Engines, 1-2 Blood Knights and spend the rest on whatever monster you can field. Maybe spam bats for tying down shit while the Blood Keep maniacs go to town.

On SP, you can pretty much go nuts after a while, but if you want a core army before you start printing dosh, 2 Grave Guards, 2 Corpse Carts/Mortis, a Varghulf, a Terrorgheist, 4 skellies and a few Vargheists serve me pretty well, with the rest being filler.

pretty sure I just made the game shit itself

If CA expands their RoR system in the expansion they should definitely take hints from Cataph's implementation of the Southern Realms RoR (Still mad he won't do it for most other factions because he "doesn't want to step on the toes" of the faggot-ass modder that does those broken retexture only RoR shit).

Unique units that the faction wouldn't normally mixed with unique (and I mean actually unique, like Leopard Company, not just recolored base units like the Sons of Sigmar).

The Manhide's Manflayers are a pretty cool example. Incredibly powerful Dark Elves, being at the same time Crossbow and Glaide Infantry and excelling at both, they get massive debuffs to speed and acceleration while in combat (they get lost in the thrill of fighting and the ones not killing stuff are busy skinning corpses) and just being around them gives your own troops a Leadership Debuff.

Also awesome is the Krieger's Cursed Company, who are undead who constantly regenerate and revive AS LONG as they're fighting something.

Pretty unique stuff that makes me wish for a rework to existing RoRs

look at how far away from the town the borders of the map extend

also note that the minimap has the town in the wrong spot

I attacked a venetian army that was outside of a city but for whatever reason the game crapped itself and came up with this weird siege map

The army I attacked deployed inside the city, and the garrison army arrived separately as reinforcements

>Rework of existing RoRs

Hmmm, that'd be interesting. How'd one go about doing that?

Things like the more "normal" units would be easy. The Sons of Sigmar could just get a few unique custom models in between to show the regiment fought for a long time and collected lots of loot, the Warriors of Dragonfire Pass could get dragon-themed ornaments, but what about the more high leveled ones?

I mean, what would one give to, let's say, The Tattersouls, or the Eight Peak Lunies to make them more distinct?
And if we were to add new RoRs in the style of the Manflayers and the like, what would they be? What's the lore on that?

Could we see an Empire RoR made of Orks who are so crazy they believe Gork and Mork and Sigmar are the same? Or maybe an elite unit of Human Soldiers on the Vampire Counts' payroll?

also notice how there isn't a settlement health indicator, despite the fact that the game is stilling giving me notifications/dialogue for setting the town on fire

>Eben the Ironclad
STONE COLD BADASS