Where did the black skin = Curse of Ham thing originate? Why did all three Abrahamic faiths believe it for so long?

Where did the black skin = Curse of Ham thing originate? Why did all three Abrahamic faiths believe it for so long?

Bumping for interest. Although, a possible explanation as for why they hated blacks, people feel more inclined to hate what's different.

Ham and his people went south into northern Africa and became blacks.

The curse of Ham was Noah's curse not on Ham, but on Ham's son, Canaan. That curse manifested in the existence of Canaan's son, Nimrod of Babylon.

Nimrod of Babylon, his wife and son are the source of every pagan religion on earth. That's the curse.

Just like the blessing that was to come from the seed of Abraham is Jesus.

Take a thing people believe in and alter it so it fits what you want and your views and if people question it your social cred, status and maybe life is at risk because why would you question xyz?

>The curse of Ham was Noah's curse not on Ham, but on Ham's son, Canaan. That curse manifested in the existence of Canaan's son, Nimrod of Babylon.
Wait, hold on, you're saying blacks were Babylonians n shiet?

Four Sons of Ham
1. Mizraim (Egypt)
2. Cush (Sudan, Ethiopia)
3. Put (Lybia)
4. Canaan (Hivites, Jebusites, Arvadites, Girgashites, Amorites, Arkites, Sinites, Hittites, Sidonians, Perizzites, Zemarites)

Nimrod was the son of Cush,

You couldn't be more inaccurate if you tried. Why is theological """""history""""""" even allowed on this bored?

This is a little clearer:

Genesis 10
The sons of Ham were Cush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.

The sons of Cush were Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah, and Sabtechah; and the sons of Raamah were Sheba and Dedan.

Cush begot Nimrod; he began to be a mighty one on the earth.

mighty one is gibborim; likely a giant

One day you'll realize how funny your post is.

So wait, Cush and Canaan begat Nimrod through gay sex?

I thought you weren't allowed to fuck other ment because it couldn't make babies.

I mean I realize the OP asks specifically for Abrahamic religious information, but why? What good does this information possibly do? To explain history inaccurately? I'm genuinely curious.

Additionally, pagan religions are anything non-Abrahamic (according to them). So these would have existed long before Nimrods wife and son were ever even conceived. So, how are his wife and son the source of all pagan religion?

black skin is a lot easier to believe as a curse when the fact that even illiterate sheepherders realized blacks couldn't could to 10 or do more than chuck spears

It's weird language, and I was never good at family trees.

Maybe Nimrod was the youngest? I'm not sure why he's not listed with the others above.

Cush is Ham's son; Nimrod is Cush's son.

I know you don't believe this, but it really doesn't matter what you believe. Facts don't care about your feelings.

We all come from the three sons of Noah after the Flood; they were the only human beings alive.

Ham's people went south and became Africans; Shem's people went west and became semites; Japeth's people went north and east and became Caucasians and Asians.

Four Sons of Ham (see map below):
1. Mizraim (Egypt)
2. Cush (Sudan, Ethiopia)
3. Put (Lybia)
4. Canaan (Hivites, Jebusites, Arvadites, Girgashites, Amorites, Arkites, Sinites, Hittites,
Sidonians, Perizzites, Zemarites)

Five Sons of Shem
1. Elam (Arabia)
2. Asshur (Assyria)
3. Lud (Lydians)
4. Aram (Aramaic, Armenia, Mesopotamia, Syria)
5. Arphaxad (From which Abraham descended)

Seven Sons of Japheth
1. Javan (Greece, Romans, Romance -- French, Italians, Spanish, Portuguese)
2. Magog (Scythians, Slavs, Russians, Bulgarians, Bohemians, Poles, Slovaks, Croatians)
3. Madai (Indians & Iranic: Medes, Persians, Afghans, Kurds)
4. Tubal (South of Black Sea)
5. Tiras (Thracians, Teutons, Germans, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon, Jutes)
6. Meshech (Russia)
7. Gomer (Celtic)

Actually, in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth it was well known that filthy Slav commoners came from Ham, while the glorious Sarmatian Polish nobility descend from Japheth.

kek

Both Magog

>That curse manifested in the existence of Canaan's son, Nimrod of Babylon.

I'm retracting this, as I no longer believe it to be the case. The curse does appear to be a 4 generational servitude curse; the younger shall serve the elder sort of thing.

>facts don't care about your feelings
>coming from a Christian apologist

I realize that your religion probably plays a huge role in your spirituality and community, and it gives you guidance and direction. That's all good stuff. That's what religion is for.

HOWEVER, don't try to pass off your allegorical stories as scientific or historical fact and then tell me the one I'm going off of feelings alone.

The curse was Canaan being ruled and controlled by Izzrye-Ell so it was already fufilled.

there's very little evidence for any of these lineages beyond those immediately around judea

the russian race wouldn't emrge for another 3k years after your stupid book was written

(I like catholics but you protestantfags take this shit too far because there's no one to keep you in line.)

It's anthropology, which is a humanity. It's studying why and how people believed a thing.

So where did chinks and nips and gooks come from then?

What about the people of North America, South America, the Caribbean, Australia, Polynesia...?

As far as I know, the notion that the Curse of Ham equates with black skin is first mentioned in Medieval Islamic theology, stuff like The Book of the Zanj. "Original" interpretations seemed to mostly be about justifying the expulsion and subjugation of the Caananites.

As for why they believed 'it", I would argue that they did. It shifted its form and target many times over the centuries, and people always want a justification for their scapegoating.

Japheth is supposed to be Indo-Europeans in ancient Jewish views right? Also why would the Scythians be seperate under Magog then with other Iranics/Iranians under Madai?

They didn't exist. They were cataloging and categorizing people in the areas they've been to or heard of: Europe, North Africa, sub-Saharan Africa, the Near East, Levant, Mesopotamia, Steppes, and Eurasia.

Jews no really they thought the Ethiopians were the cursed descendents of Ham and think all blacks are Ham scum.

Who do you think you're arguing against? Biblical history is interesting as a literal and cultural concept; hardly anyone who studies it believes it's historically accurate.

Maybe black skin originally referred to charred?

>Ham litterally mean hot/burned in hebrew.

it's obvious that Japhet, father of the eurasians; Sem, father of the semites; and Ham, father of the africans are an analogy to show the oneness of Humanity.

Actually the Catholic Religion under Vatican II is fact, but god bless you.

>t. The Papist

1517 Best year of my life

I don't argue facts. You're free to, however. You're just not free to quote facts and call them feelings.

Do you understand the concept of 8 human beings getting off of a boat 4600 years ago, the only human beings on earth, and the current state of population?

Can you imagine the one turning into the other?

Yes, it took time.

Well done. Fantastic observation.

Japeth, eventually.

Looks like mostly Japeth.

Why would you lump them in with the indians & iranic when they're separated from them?

Only fools don't believe the truth when they see it. Fools and madmen.

It's not an analogy.

We all come from Adam and Eve.

This.

It's like getting mad at Greek or Norse mythology.

Even if you're not a believer it's still one of the most important books of all time

Iranics themselves used the Iran/Turan division, the later being identified with turks only in very recent times (relatively).

To explain why people looked down upon Blacks probably.

>Four Sons of Ham (see map below)
>No map

Another possible explanation is that blacks do bad things.

>Scythians
>separate from other Iranian and Iranic peoples
Yeah okay buddy.