I witnessed a hit and run

I was minding my own business in my house when I heard the screech of tires against the pavement and then a loud crash. I looked outside to see that this massive pickup-truck had crashed into the back of one of the cars parked on the side of the street. The pickup then sped away and I didn't catch the licenses plate number.

I did notice that the pickup was unusually large and had 2 of these strange plastic spike looking things attached to the bottom front of the truck. It also left a good amount of plastic debris on the side of the road after the crash, so I'm assuming some part of the body must have been made out of plastic.

I don't know much about pickup trucks, but I want to give my neighbor as much info as possible on what happened, so I was wondering if Veeky Forums could help me narrow down the possible make and model of the truck.

Oh absolutely, we can tell you the exact vin number even. A few tiny pieces of plastic with no distinct markings is absolutely enough to ID a vehicle.

How retarded are you exactly? NYPA, you asscrack

try pol. tell them an angry liberal hit your Trump supporter neighbor. they'll weaponize autism and figure it out.

Don't be such a snitch, man. Ain't like he hit your car.

what year/model is your truck???

kek

this

spbp

Write down what you saw and give it to the owner of the car that was struck, along with your details. Offer your services as a witness.

At least here in britain, it's an offence to leave the scene of an accident, and the police will enforce that.
Without a number plate, though, they can't do a lot. The hit and run that happened to me was put on indefinite hold because it wasn't worth doing stuff they couldn't tell me about to find the cunt in question.

Just stop. We've all hit and run plenty of times. Quit being a tattletale.

>We've all hit and run plenty of times.
Speak for yourself you fucking nigger.

Kys

TYRONE

hang yourself, nigger.

>2 of these strange plastic spike looking things attached to the bottom front of the truck

What the fuck does this even mean? Also if you are this terrible at identifying what sounds like a pretty recognizable truck, then what made you think to come to Veeky Forums and ask fucking 4channers? How did you even know Veeky Forums exists?

okay OP I want you to google these names of pickup trucks and look through their wikipedia pages and try to find out what model it was. They should not look drastically different and if you know what age the truck is (2000s, 1990s, 2010s, brand new) you should be able to find an approximate truck.

Ford F-150
Chevrolet Silverado
GMC Sierra
Ford F-250
Ford F-350
Dodge Ram
Toyota Tundra
Toyota Tacoma

As for the spike things, was it a metal ram bar / winch like pic related?

triggered lol

>The pickup then sped away and I didn't catch the licenses plate number.
As long as you have enough description AND the exact time of day, the police can get footage of other video cameras to then visually see the truck and track it wherever it goes. Sooner or later, the truck will cross a camera angle that shows the license plate.

Now, it is up to the police to do this. Of course, if the victim is the mayor's cousin, the police will definitely check all video footage and catch the truck. But if it is for an ordinary citizen, then they might let it go because the officers might prefer to study more for salary promotion exams than in servicing a minor hit and run.

Now, don't be vague "it's a truck, I don't know the make or model or if it was a semi-truck or van truck or what color it was or if there were two passengers or anything".

Where the fuck do you live that has cameras randomly around.

>Just stop. We've all hit and run plenty of times. Quit being a tattletale.
We can't help that you drive just like all those illlegal immigrants that always hit and run because they can't afford to talk to the police or judge. Or they are too greedy for money to send back to mexico, so they don't care about buying insurance. Insurance doesn't check citizenship.

OP here, neighbors called the cops, I told the cops what I knew. Someone else said that they saw that it was a Ford, so we know the make.

The F-250 is the closest. The spikes didn't look like that, they were long and thin. It almost seemed like they were designed to carry something between them and the bottom of the truck, but I might just be imagining that.

I use other Veeky Forums boards and I know what Veeky Forums is.

>I fucked up but instead of owning up to it and letting my insurance pay for my screw up, I'm going to run away like a little bitch and make the owner have to pay.

Do you live in a snow state? It could be someone's snow plow truck with the plow removed.

>carry something between them and the bottom of the truck, but I might just be imagining that.
Wild guess but if it was a 250 and you live somewhere it snows. Could be mounts for a plowtruck.

Yes I do. We don't get a whole lot, not enough to justify buying snow tires or anything, but we do get enough to justify people owning plows.

I live in Florida so I have never seen a plow truck but just to make sure, check out truck brush guards, replacement bumpers and winch mounts to make sure it's not just someone's mall crawler accessory. The plow truck thing seems very likely however.

>Where the fuck do you live that has cameras randomly around.
Businesses, homeowners, schools, traffic light cameras, freeway cameras, downtown district cameras, crime zone cameras, plaza mall cameras,

Once the truck is spotted on a camera headed in a direction, other footage can be requested in that direction. If it gets onto a freeway, then there are freeway cameras that can record which offramp the truck took. The police can then look at footage from that area's cameras. This arduous process was used to catch an arsonist that lived 3 cities away from mine and they finally got a plate number from a BUSINESS whose HD camera was known to also catch cars passing by on the street.

>Don't be such a snitch, man
A hit and run criminal is unlikely to do it just once.

This looks a lot like what I saw, but there was more space between it and the bottom of the truck. Could that just be a matter of specific mount type?

Will do.

He took off down side streets that could have lead any number of places. I don't think they would have caught him on camera until several minutes after he left the scene, and he could have emerged any number of places.

On the ground, is that tail light fluid leaked from the collision?

>Businesses, homeowners, schools, traffic light cameras, freeway cameras, downtown district cameras, crime zone cameras, plaza mall cameras

I would have to drive at least for 15min to cross paths with a camera in any of those category. then the cameras I cross would be pointed at the parking lots of gas stations not the street. Would be willing to bet the resolution is not good enough to make out plates from that far away

The amount of orange glass from a frontal impact looks like it might have come from this year of F-250

Who cares? You people act like he murdered someone or something.
Look, he bumped into a fucking 2001 Ford Explorer and put a dent in a plastic bumper and broke a tail light. $40 worth of damage on a vehicle worth $1000. You know what's going to happen when they call the cops? The cops aren't going to do jack shit. Fuck all, man. They've got actually important stuff to do. They'll say they'll look into it and that report is going directly into the trash.
I love this one user who thinks they're gonna call out the fucking CSI squad to go search every security camera in a 10mi radius.
>zoom
>ENHANCE
It's laughable.

>hit and run
>sees 3rd gen explorer was hit

well if anything good comes from this, it will be that one less 3rd gen will be on the street.

hopefully this will encourage the owner of that 3rd gen to scrap that piece of shit.

only place a 3rd gen explorers belongs is in the scrap yard.

Ford really fucked up with those trucks

>new taillight
>bend the hatch back into shape
>heat gun and zip ties to get the bumper back into shape
It'll be back on the road in no time.

just help the owner file the police report with as much info as you can and forget about it

Not everyone lives in the ghetto, cops in suburbs get bored and will throw what they can at this.

>A hit and run criminal is unlikely to do it just once.

People who have warrants, are on out on probation, or have a lot of unpaid fines are going to hit and run. They do NOT want to be confronted by a police officer who will bring up the other problems....

>Would be willing to bet the resolution is not good enough to make out plates from that far away
There only needs to be enough to indicate the vehicle is headed in that direction so that another camera can then be used to continue following where the vehicle goes. But it's true most of the time there is not enough evidence to continue tracking a hit and run.

As for solving crimes, my city's police are flexible in how they solve crimes efficiently. Rather than one at a time, they sometimes assembly line things such as the data collection will be done by some people, and the investigation will be done by others at a different time. As to how they do this, I don't know. But they've solved some types of snatch and run, hit and run, mug and run types of crimes many months later.

That's some damage.

>3rd gen ford explorer
>back on the road in no time

then the 4.0 explodes
then the transmission grandes itself
then the wheel bearings shit the bed

really makes you think

No, they really don't. No one are any job ever was bored enough to work instead of being equally paid to not work. When cops get bored they plant drugs on peoples' property and seize their personal property, sell it, and buy a new coffee maker.

>then the transmission grandes itself
Bueno..

Are you retarded? Look at the trunk door. Shit is fucked up, I won't be surprised if it's not able to open.