Why is this car so /comfy/? It's just so appealing to look at

Why is this car so /comfy/? It's just so appealing to look at.

Post other Combis and related cars.

>tfw no hatchback double cabin cabover unibody pickup

Does this count?

I want one in USA but not sure how that works besides 25 year rule

I'm not sure if this will help or if I am even correct but there may have been very limited imports of UAZ to Canada.
I'd love one myself in the UK, even a couple have managed to surface up near me down to Polish laborers bringing them over when they move here.
Ive been told that they sound like a bag of hammers thrown down a cliff when running around, but imagine a camper made from one.

pigfat coming through

The absolute epitome of pigfat

I actually do want one to make a camper, but it seems like I'm stuck with cars like

As an air-cooled VW nut I have to agree aesthetically. However the driving experience is far from comfy

Old American vans exist.

These liked to rust right around the bottom of those back windows didn't they. Really nice for long distance traveling though, that high top probably makes it even better. I like a van with side windows so it doesn't have huge blind spots.

True but those of us in the rust belt will have to travel elsewhere to find one and bring it back. I suppose modern crash standards prevent manufacturers from making these for the USA or is it just that we don't get to have other countries' good vehicles?

That's comfy af

Partially it's the relative simplicity of design, something rare in modern vehicles. All the windows give it a light and airy feel, if you've ever ridden in a train with those curving top windows you know the feeling. You don't feel like there's huge claustrophobic blind spots. It is relatively light and nimble, capacity and versatility without the lumbering bulk of heavier vans.

I don't know if these were ever sold with the curving windows, but as a modern alternative they can capture some of the appeal. They could be had with 4WD, and some had both sun and moon roofs. Traveling with both open was fun.

>The fucking chicken tax made VW transporter pickups so rare in the US that people resort to hacking up vans

I mean, the "conversion" is well done in that it's cleanly chopped, but it's still inferior to the factory version.

A-a-are single and double cabs allowed too?

>Why is this car so /comfy/?
more glass = more comfy
it's a proven fact
look at new cars

>tfw no ameriboo kei van

When the VW Van was on the street back in the way back it was....holding up traffic. Glacial, tectonic, Christmas levels of time were consumed. The 55 mph speed limit was an almost obtainable goal.

That said of course I want one again.

mini dadge best dadge

My new lego hauler/rape mobile from Japan got dropped off last week.

No Greenbriar? You all sicken me

What's the best engine for those things? I need a turbo van but the engine bay of those things are tiny.

But it's got a hatch! So now your cargo can be even longer!

>Regular vans on dedicated utility platforms? Nah, I'll take the hackjob based on an underpowered air cooled rear engined flat six.
t. hipster

>Filename

CUTE
>when will they learn

Fellow britbong that makes regularly makes trips to ukraine. Can confirm, they sound like shit, they apparently drive like shit and are as unreliable as every other soviet vehicle. I still want one though.

Would be pretty cool to drop a body onto a decent 4x4 chassis.

if you've ever driven one of those you would know they are not very comfy
maybe stationary, but basically any other van made from the the 80s-present is gonna be more tolerable to drive than a vw van

Why would you want one? They're pretty shit. The only great thing about them is that if anything breaks even a blind deaf 5 year old can fix it by throwing a wrench in its general direction.