Are there any other world known Kurds other than Saladin ?

Are there any other world known Kurds other than Saladin ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_the_Ottoman_Empire
kurdistanica.com/?q=node/78
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medes#Kurds_and_Medes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm curious as to why Arabs actively oppress Kurds yet the vast majority of Arabs not only despise but fear the Crusades.

>(c. Siege of Ma'arra)

aah, the feels

yes

because no one cares about history

>the vast majority of Arabs not only despise but fear the Crusades.

most Arabs didn't give a shit about the Crusades until the early 20th century when it was brought back into their popular consciousness as a metaphor for British and French imperialism in the Middle East, the rise of Zionism, and the creation of Israel.

Lemon kurds

a fair number of Arabs are convinced Saladin was Arab

>World known Kurds
>World known
>Implying the whole world knows any historical figures at all.

Here's Said Nursi, a Kurdish islamic scholar, who wrote the Risale i Nur, this made the Gulen-movement sprung out from it and made a lot of followers.

a fair number of Turks are convinced Saladin was a Turk. Whatever the claims are. Professional historians all have agreed based on sources and research where Saladin originated from that he is undoubtly a Kurd.

the Prophet Mohammed himself was Kurdish

don't believe the dirty Arab lies

t. Kurd

Apo!!!

The prophet had a Kurdish companion also called a "sahabi" in Arabic islamic terms. He preached islam in Kurdistan.

mfw k*rts are literally THIS deluded

Turks routinely attempt to approriate and use historical revisionism to falsify claims on historical figures.

>Scythians are Turkic!
>Turanism bullshit in general
>Rumi

And so on. So its not surprising if they do try that shit.

So you saying that Kurds are no different than Turks?

If those guys are saying that then their as awful as the average Turk poster, yes. The only Iranian companions with the prophet to my knowledge was one or two Persian guys. And I don't think anyone would believe the nonsense of him being a Kurd who lived in an area heavily populated almost entirely of Arabs and a token handful of Jews.

Does anyone have that facebook screencap of a Kurd claiming all great people of history were kurdisch?

Pretty much every ethnicity and nationalality tries to do this shit though.

>egypt was black
>rome was italian
>franks were german
>hre was french
>normans were english
>mongols and huns were korean
>persia was arab and muslim
>polynesians are native americans (or vice versa)
etc

WE

He was partially Kurdish, though.

Not any less cringeworthy than Turkroaches trying to claim him as a "Turkic ruler".

You mean this?

Shit I saved the thumbnail

>Comes from the area traditionally defined as Kurdistan
>Family is a mix of Kurds, Azeris (Iranian and not the Turkified Azeribaijani Azeris), Persians,and Greeks

Not him but Turks are particularly noteworthy of doing this shit.

>Not him but Turks are particularly noteworthy of doing this shit.
thats an understatement

>persia was arab and muslim
Oh my, you mean I DIDN'T finish my evening prayers hours ago?

We're muslim

>We're
>We

Kek.

>evening prayers hours ago
unless you are diaspora then those were alot of hours ago, habibi

>tfw Christian Persian disapora

#DiasporaAndProud

I actually learned from a Turk poster on /int/ a year or so ago that their country is really ashamed they never really produced any notable thinkers or high culture so a lot of shadier academic practices like telling their students that people like Rumi, and yes even Ferdowsi were actually Turkic, same with Omar Khayyam and other polymaths and its a big deal in Turkey getting past that bullshit he said.

Every Muslim nation does this.

Turks will say Saladin, Rumi, Beybars, Timur, Ferdowsi, Al-Biruni, Ibn Taymiyya, Khalid ibn Walid, even the Prophet Mohammed himself were all Turks

Kurds will say they were all Kurds

Arabs will say they were all Arabs

Iranians will say they were all Iranians

Pakistanis will say there were all Pakistanis

Indonesians will say they were all Indonesians

Malaysians will say they were all Malays

etc etc.

you get the idea

You are retarded.

>Every muslim nation does this.
Nope.

ARE THE CRYSTAL

>Ferdowsi
I've never seen, witnessed or heard of any Turk poster claiming Ferdowsi was a Turk, especially given Ferdowsi's well known bias against both Turkic overlords in Iranian lands at the times and his Persian nationalism being EXTREMELY well documented and recorded.
>Saladin
Kurd.
>Rumi
Persian. Only Turks claim he's a Turk.
>Al-Biruni
Not sure if he was Persian but definitely ethnically Iranian. Again, historical revisionism and appropriation is something Kurds and Turks are very guilty of for varying different reasons in themselves.

>unless you are diaspora
>unless

I've seen maybe 1 or 2 actual Iranian flags on Veeky Forums in my life, pretty much every Iranian on Veeky Forums is diaspora.

Well, Turks already pretend to be mongols n shiet, so this is not exactly surprising desu.

Why is he such a [spoiler]handsome fucker and why did he have to die so young?[/spoiler]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_the_Ottoman_Empire
>The Ottoman contribution to science and technology during their six hundred years are small and measurable. To instantiate the Ottoman scientific contributions, two significant examples from astronomy and geography in the 16th century: the foundation of Istanbul Observatory and Taqi Al-Din's achievements therein, map making and mapmakers such as the famous sailors Piri Reis, Saydi Ali Reis and Macar Ali Reis. Another example is mathematician Ali Qushji from Samarkand, who wrote twelve volumes on mathematics.
Holy fuck, now I actually feel bad for them.

>a fair number

You gonna provide a valid statistic for that or is it just purely your imagination & hearsay colluding?

>Every Muslim nation does this.

Literally not. And if you do hear it it is fringe elements akin to the 'WE WUZ' crowds and stromfag whiteys who propose such things.

Iranian posters were blocked from posting on /int/ after a few years because there was supposedly cyber attacks on Veeky Forums (what I heard hearsay wise) and also because of death threats to people. Not that it really matters because since their so used to circumventing and going around the Islamic Republic's firewalls and filters in the first place that it makes it just a slight tedium for them from what I understand.

And then you have that one meme poster guy who became a huge laughing stock on /int/ from Iran.

So that he never had to see the creation of the "Republic of Azerbaijan"

To be fair they were too busy constantly trying to expand into Europe and hold Southern Europe or fight the Persians and Russians in the East and North to probably bother with academic endeavors but it is kind of unjustifiable to say in their peace times that stuff is the furthest extent of their pre-modern achievements in science.

Not him but I have a cousin from Tabriz, though we're ethnic Persians and Persians are a small minority that far North in Iran, I was happy to hear him tell me that the Azeris there identify as Iranian and not Turks.

He drank himself to death after he lost his favorite wife to Selim after the battle of Chaldiran.

The Qizilbash, even though they helped Ismail liberate Iran, ironically enough they were the most responsible for Ismail losing to the Ottomans, as they initially refused to use guns due to them being "dishonorable".

Even the Timurids carried out more science within the span of 100 years than the Ottomans did in 500.

It's kind of sad, really.

Literally every ethnic group has their "WE WUZ" moments, especially on the internet.

Euros, Turks, Iranians, Arabs, Chinese, Japs, Indians, everyone does it.

>And then you have that one meme poster guy who became a huge laughing stock on /int/ from Iran.

Whatever happened to Chubek, anyways?

Azeris are referred to as "Tork", though, by themselves and by other Iranians.

That being said, separatism is very rare in there, mostly there's issues with language rights as far as I know.

WE WUZ PROPHETS 'N SHIEEEEEET

Gotta admit you can draw parallels with Ismail and Alexander.

Iranian Azeris refer to their language as "Tork", but only Azerbaijani Azeris get called "Torki", which is an insult and slang term for equating them with Turks as being "brutish" or "dim-witted". Outside of retaining their language in Iranian Azeribaijan and it being taught along side Persian, they don't believe in separatism at all and still view themselves as ethnically Iranian; which they are anyway.

Azeris make up over 1/4th of Iran's current population and are on otherwise completely equal footing with Persians in terms of prominence in the government, military, and cultural aspects of Iranian society.

>Chubek
If half the shit he said about how Iranians deal with mentally retarded people and deviants are true, he might end up getting beaten up till he's fixed. Or maybe he just fucked off, I don't know. He was always a neurotic mess.

>The adventures of the Prophet Mbongo and his brave Kurdish companion, Xalid Hewalid

Ali-Bertuh ibn al-Bhar Bossah ibn al-Portughali did nothing wrong

>yfw Chubek is conscripted into Sepah and sent to die as cannon fodder in Aleppo alongside a bunch of illiterate Afghan Hazara

I would pay to see this

>He drank himself to death after he lost his favorite wife to Selim after the battle of Chaldiran.
Which is strange, given he refused Selim's terms and was able to recover most of the lost territory before the battle save eastern Anatolia lost to the Ottomans. Honestly, if Ismail hadn't died so young and the Qizilbash lack of discipline had been reined in, he could've permanently checked the eastern expansion of the Ottoman Empire.

Didn't Iran employ female military pilots to bomb ISIS ground forces?

>world known kurds

The only thing K*rts are known for is extreme inbreeding

It's a shame each one of Iran's great rulers post-1500 ended up either dying early or going insane:

>Ismail went into depression after Chaldiran and died at age 37 because he drank himself to death

>Abbas I went insane and blinded/killed all of his sons, single-handedly destroying the Safavid line and paving the way for its downfall

>Nader Shah went insane and was killed by his own generals after he tried to kill them all

>Agha Mohammad Khan was killed by his own valet after he tried to have him executed

Also, worst of all:

>Amir Kabir was killed by Nasr al-Din Shah after only 3 years of taking office

>In those 3 years he accomplished more good than the entire Qajar line did in 120 years

>K*rds
>humans

You're either a Kurd or you've never seen a Kurd before.

Didn't help that Nader blinded at least one of his sons and became insanely paranoid. Though my one main issue with him was that he could've had a much better legacy if he had served the Safavid dynasty instead of destroy it in the end by killing its last ruler, Abbas III. Though his father was admittingly kind of incompetent.

Not really familiar with Amir Kabir, what's his story?

>Are there any other world known Kurds other than Saladin ?
This based fellow. He's half Turkish though.

> Though my one main issue with him was that he could've had a much better legacy if he had served the Safavid dynasty instead of destroy it in the end by killing its last ruler, Abbas III

Not really, Nader would have just ended up hamstrung and his abilities limited by an incompetent king. Worst case scenario he would be killed by the king to avoid that exact potential scenario, just like what happened to Surena and Khalid ibn Walid.

Someone as strong as Nader willingly taking orders from rulers as weak as the 1700s-era Safavids is pretty absurd.

>Amir Kabir

Whoo boy, he was the Deng Xioping of 1800s Iran, or at least he could have been.

Within the span of 5 years he:

>Carried out all the border negotiations with the Ottoman Empire by himself, because the King was too busy fucking his harem and smoking opium to bother making deals

>Brought the smallpox vaccination to Iran

>Eliminated the public deficit of one million toman (this is in 1848, btw)

>Founded the first modern university in Iran

>Curbed the power of the clergy enough that he was able to bring Austrians in to the country to teach modern math, chemistry, medicine, etc.

He could have brought a Meji-Restoration level of advancement for Iran. Alas, he didn't make it.

>terrorists
>based

Maybe to PKK monkeys, but not to normal humans.

>waah muh derrorism
How does it feel to know that a "terrorist group" is more moral both in practice and in ideology than your cockroach country?

>more moral both in practice and in ideology than your cockroach country

K*rds have the highest rate of honor killing and FGM in the entire middle east and you are calling them "moral"?

>Not pictured: scene 2 where the K*rd woman gets her clit chopped off by her fellow biji

>K*rds have the highest rate of honor killing and FGM in the entire middle east and you are calling them "moral"?
*Iraqi kurds

Who, surprise surprise, are led by Barzani and allied to your monkey-president.

Besides, I'm not talking about kurds in general, we all know about the depraved village guards and kurdish hezbollah. I'm talking about the noble fighters with the PKK, and of course their comrades in the YPG, YPJ, YPS and PJAK

>not understanding past tense

I'm referring to those who believe ancient Persia was Muslim and Arab

mfw you literally believed the prophet Muhammed was Kurdish. Typical roach

So he's called Jaban Al-Kurdi for nothing?

And roaches have fewer braincells when it comes to providing real facts n shit.

And you're a fucking roach, stop commenting roach, the world just views you as something to squash on because you guys are nothing but annoyances in history

>saladin
>a kurd
he is a half kurd that grew up in arabic culture with turkic military systems and soldiers
just check the names of his brothers: turan-sah and tugtekin

Why can't Kurds and Turks just get along? They're barely distinguishable anyway.

Just like any nation with big claims, you have guys like this who were once told by their more retarded nationalist fathers that they were the first ones to spread something like cultures and civilization. As a Kurd myself I am really cringing when people make just claims like "HURR DURR HE WAS KURD" without even backing up that claim. I've read a lot about our origins and it's not something very easy to understand. Our origins history and the evolution to how a Kurd came to be is very complex, but that could be just about any people in the Middle-East and somewhere else.

There is also the claim of us being descendants of Medes. Here's a thorough explanation what the such possibilities are of us descending from them. Check link below.

kurdistanica.com/?q=node/78

>They're barely distinguishable anyway.
not true btw.

They're really different.

Nope he was 100% Kurdish like his father and brother. Just because his brothers names were turan and tugtekin doesn't mean that they're automatically Turkish, kek what kind of roachlogic is this? Saladin is an Arabic name and his father's name is Ayoub so does this mean that they were Arab?

Here's a quote I copied from a forum:

Saladin was a Kurd of a Kurdish dynasty. He did not really come from a distinguished background, but his uncle Shirkuh served as a general under the Turkic Nur ad-Din, son of the infamous Zengi and thus a member of what we term the Zengid dynasty, a dynasty that rose to prominence from their positions as atabegs of Mosul and Aleppo. Shirkuh and Saladin however, were from what we term the Ayyubid dynasty, a Kurdish dynasty that gained power through their role as commanders of Kurdish heavy cavalry under Turkic generals like the Zengids.

You cannot really tell what a Turk is because they vary from region to region, of course if you go to East-Turkey (Northern Kurdistan region), you'll encounter Kurds. But try West to Central, North to South. You'll see that Turks really differ from skin tone to facial features.

Kurdistan's Brave Abdullah O.

His mother language was literally Turkish.

Yeah that one.Thanks!

>PKK
>noble
>suicide bombings
>target civilians
>put explosives in a (kurd)rivals mothers tomb
What is next? Is Hamas "noble" too?

As if the Turkish government was ever noble on its own.

>Having state controlled media brainwashing roaches
>Turkish police and militia torturing innocent Kurds by suspecting them of being PKK officials
>denying years of murdering history, some roaches are even proud of it.
>claiming they're peaceful when you live as a Turk
>banning Kurdish existence, language and culture in the past and now pretending that they don't know nothing about the causality of why PKK was started in the first place
>Claiming that PKK murdered innocent Kurdish women and children while its obvious that the deep state was behind this and its agents were dressed as Kurds. Even one channel admitted that they put these kind of things on scene and it was all a lie but they still stubbornly believe PKK is doing this
>Majority of the Turks are so hypocritical when you discuss about these things with them

Saladin was genetically an Arab

>Saladin's family originated from the Rawadid tribe
>According to Minorsky and Bosworth, the Rawadids were originally from Arabic ancestry, and arrived in the region in the mid eighth century,[6] but they had become Kurdicized by the early 10th century and began to use Kurdish forms like Mamlan for Muhammad and Ahmadil for Ahmad as their names[7][8] The Rawandid tribe moved into Kurdistan in the mid eighth century, and it was known as a Kurdish tribe by the tenth century

See >he was 100% Kurdish

Wrong. See this post

>They're really different.

Strange, because even Turks seem to be incapable of telling Kurds apart from their own kind

You aren't related to Medes. Media-Atropatene was occupied when Kurds started showing up as an individual ethnic group in the late Parthian period. On top of that, we know next to NOTHING about the Median language outside of it and Old Persian sharing some loan words with one another.

The theory Kurds descend from Medes is not really accepted for a reason.

This. I'm a kurd and most of my friends are turks

Lmao if Turks hate Kurds so much why not give them independence then?

Not at all. Only Kurds you can tell apart are the ones that live in Southeast mostly due their accent. Kurds that live with Turks you can't tell them apart at all.

t. Turk from Turkey

Then you haven't really read the article, it's says "yes and no" and he compares this answer to the Romans. Only Kurds who say "we're 100% medes" don't know exactly what happened during the antiquity period.

In plain English, a Kurd is a product of anything that has ever lived in these mountainous regions.

>the discussion part of the Ayyubid dynasty wikipedia page
holy kek

I've read plenty of scientific and academic journals by Iranianologists and anthropologists who have readily and consistently debunked the claim of any relation between the Kurds and Medes. Its that simple.

>Saladin was Arab based on his tribal roots.

In theory, yes he has some Arab genes but how long when did they recognize Rawadid as a Kurdish tribe? In the 10th century. Take note that they prolly were also mixed with other people during that time. Also Saladin was born in the 11th century, by that time the tribe was fully adopted as Kurdish. So that makes him Kurdish, but despite his roots, he still ruled as a muslim leader and not as a Kurdish one. No national tendencies on that guy for sure.

K*rds BTFO

NOW HOL UP

>hissing and chirping noises

SO YOU

>steals Greek land

YOU BE SAYIN DAT

>converts church into mosque

AIGHT HOL UP NOW

>rapes Balkan girls

WATCHU SAYIN IS

>honor kills his entire harem

WE WUZ

>genocides Armenians and Greeks

AYOOO WE WUZ

>emigrates to Germany for ficki ficki

SOM FINNA

devolves from cockroach

OGHUZ AN SHEEEEEIIIIIT

Stellaris is a great game

nope

Could you provide me some sources about it?

>HRE was french
French claim the HRE?

Could you post yours that aren't from a certain Russian whose stuff is generally considered as an outlier and not accepted by the academic majority?

Why are Turks so butthurt about Kurds when most of the Eastern Part of Turkey are Turkified Kurds?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medes#Kurds_and_Medes

Not really seeing much in the way of acceptance of Kurds being Median descendants.

I posted a link of Kurdistannica.com and the writer of that article is Mehrdad Izady, half Kurdish and half Belgian who studied in the USA and gave lectures in Harvard etc.., where the dumb fuck did you get the idea to imply that he's Russian? That kinda sums up about you not reading shit. I provided you with one now provide me with a link where Iranologists say otherwise... Or else gtfo.

>he was Russian
Listen, Kurd, he was referring to Minorsky when he said that. Work on your reading comprehension. Also:

>Kurdish
>Northwestern Iranian language with no overlap with Median: a Western Iranian language that was mutually intelligible with Old Persian

Try again.

low quality bait.