>Motorcycle Calling Out Hondaposters

Some basic info for beginners:

Boring webms with wind noise:
Join our global /dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Last time on /dbt/:

WR250R a best

Don't buy a bike you don't like.

That being said if the price is right you can buy it now for dirt cheap and promise everyone here at /dbt/ to not crash it.

Then, while you're saving up for a bike you really want you can ride your new Harley.

Then you can sell the Harley and buy the bike you want.

Pro tip: Make sure your plan to eventually sell it is known to your dad and uncle or whatever. You don't want them angry at you and you should keep it and at least pretend to love it so they don't think you're just flipping it.

look at all dem vtwins

I am conflicted.

I have been riding a Suzuki 250cc street bike for 2 years and feel very comfortable on it. A good family friend wants to sell his 2003 HD sportster 1200 and it's a great price, he takes good care of it and hardly ever rides(Harley owners right). Any ways its not really my style but I test rode it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised by it. The cruiser seating position was weird at first but I got use to it. It also seemed to have a good amount of get up and go for a cruiser that i was not expecting. The only thing that I didn't like was the hand/foot vibration also it's not very nimble. Also I am not sure if i want to be in the Harley cult. It's not really my style. I like V-stroms and upright standard bikes. But my dad said he would help out with the purchase and I could get it for next to nothing. What should I do?

pic unrelated

I was gifted a cruiser. I hated it. If your heart's not in it, you're not going to enjoy it.

Are you tight for money? Will the guy be mad if you sell it again to someone else? If yes, and you dont actually want the bike that bad, then dont buy it.

TL-1000s(r)
SV-1000
KTM 1190
A tuned up DL-1000 could do it.

My bike does 2.7 and its not even on there

No he wont be mad I told him that I might sell it.

I am a college fag so I have no money to spend on a different bike.

Why do I get so much anxiety while merging onto freeways? Am I the only one?

I have more anxiety when I am in a car desu. Its weird.

Holy shit, me too. I was gonna add that but I left it out. I guess it's because in a car you feel "big" and you're controlling a box on 4 wheels by proxy, whereas with a bike you feel very quick and agile

>tfw bikeu on the list

Feels good

How do I make webbums that are small enough file sizes? Only like 10-15 seconds but its still to big.
Pic related

Hey user, would you mind riding my bike home for me?

What's wrong user? You've ridden a liter bike before, right?

Don't post them here, do it in the /wsg/ thread (see top). File size limits are much higher there.

This is probably going to be half related to me when I finally do get a bike. It seems like all of them are on the other side of the state.

>getting caught riding a gixxer

thats more embarrassing than being afraid of riding a big boy bike

So I fucked up.

Cut throttle grip too close.

Am i going to be ded or should I not worry about it?

Fuck off nobiek cuck

what's the problem here?

too much bike 4 me :(

Its fucking fucked m8. Just buy a new one and replace it m8.

I put my bike in A mode for the first time today!

Are you proud, /dbt/?

>2003 GSX-R600
>2.8s
I highly doubt this

Wsg is only 1mb higher tho

Shouldnt be yuge gap between grip and bar end

Water cant get in the the throttle tube and fuck it up somehow can it?

The bike looks pretty janky but it's a monster. Pistons, cams, full exhaust, quickshifter, 110 octane tune. it will wipe the floor with most stock bikes

download Webm for Retards/Bakas and set the filesize to 2.9mb

They are heated, a new grip is 40$ I really dont want to spend. Its that necessary?

you're fine

I actually have that exact bike and it's possible honestly. It lacks JUST enough power to power wheelie you so you can pretty much WOT it even with a shitty launch

Besicly re-do the whole engine just to beat an r1. I would rather just buy another bike.

How do you launch good on a 600? Getting from 0-30mph quickly is the hard part since it doesn't have much power in the really low RPMs. Do you kind of just drag the clutch to keep the engine spun up and still put down some power?

Water is going to fuck everithing, just you wait.

The R1 is slow as shit man, that is a bad example. But yes, engine work to compete with a S1000RR or ZX10R (4th gen)

yeah you rev it up to 9-10 grand and feather the clutch out

So its fucking retard shit unless youre drag racing it. Ok, go it.

slow as shit relative to what?

>he bought the bike used
>he actually believes the previous owner's bullshit about engine work
>he actually cares about making more peak power when liter bikes already make more power than what you know how to do with

>The R1 is slow as shit man

Lucky I know how to ride on a 998cc bike already.

Same could be said about any style bike

Well, it's obvious you guys do not closely follow the engine building and racing community, so why leave a dumb comment like that? The R1 is in the same category as the GSXR when it comes to engine power and potential, both of which are a caliber above the CBR1000RR which is currently the slowest. But none of these bikes compare to the S1000RR or the 4th generation ZX10Rs which are all making 190 horsepower at the wheel with nothing more than an ecu flash. Bikes like the R1 and the GSXR are both 20-30 horsepower behind and can't compete without engine work. So back to my original point, the GSXR with engine work is faster than the R1.

>implying i didnt do it myself

Oh shit who too listen to?

Given a little time with it, you might come to enjoy it more than you think. If you're not going to have much in it, what's wrong with having an extra bike in the selection?

All I ever owned was dirtbikes and dual sports, I had ridden a friends Harley around the neighborhood and anothers Street Triple around the block, but wasn't very compelled by either.

Then on a whim I bought a massive touring bike because it was cheap and in great shape. First day and a half or so I was thinking "what the fuck have I done", but after riding it a couple of days, it's growing on me extremely rapidly.

/dbt/, help

45 days ago there was only one

what's happening

Post your bike itt right now or you'll spring a leak from your crush washer

Yeah it's a little babby bike

All I have ever ridden were sport bikes and I recently tried a cruiser and I felt incredibly vulnerable and unsafe because of how unresponsive and bulky the bike felt. The brakes were awful and cruisers have a bunch of meme design flaws that are in place for styling

youre following the proper formula, its all good m8

>been raining since i picked it up friday
>still only have ONE picture from the ride home

forgive me

Okay

daily reminder that I have never in my ENTIRE LIFE EVER replaced a crush washer. In fact, my Ninja 250 doesn't even have the crush washer and it still doesn't leak

Jokes on you. I already did spring a small leak from my crush washer.

Retorqued it and it seems to be good now.

>no more frayed, stained, white exhaust wrap

I just about shit myself when ai walked to my garage and found a small pool of oil underneath my biku.

Upon further inspection it seems that I didnt tighten my filter enough and it has managed to work its way loose enough to leak.

You guys know of a torque wrench that works well in tight spaces?

I know I could probably just wing it, but if that oil filter goes it will dump oil underneath my rear tire.

Wut do?

Oil filters are just hand tight

Hand snug that bitch and call it good.

Did you lube the gasket befire installing?

Almost dropped my meme machine real good

>no gloves in mud
friend, that seems like a bad idea

Yeah I know theyre hand tight, and I lubed it up just like a filter on a car.

Putting my oil filter wrench on it, since it was oily, it spun pretty easily.

I suppose ill just wait and see what happens

slides are too spooky
>tfw decide to take adv bike on farm trail with road tires
>deja vu.mp3

I figure it just means a soft landing for my hands when I fall, therefore no gloves needed :)

Yeah its real spooky, the only reason I didn't fall was because I put my right foot down when I saw all the water over the trail

literally no girl will fuck you if they see you riding that bike

just FYI

you sound jealous

Liar, girls love generic looking bikes for some reason

They'll probably think it's a ducati

ilike big butts

Girls love shit like that

Same. I use a torque wrench though so maybe the hand tight plebs over wrench or something

Yes, yes it is me

the one true SVanon

The one SV650 that counts.

>took out the good bikes

Rolling for dolphin

>1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

How hard can I safely push this thing in twisties?

c'mon poonigale

How heavy is your right wrist?

Anything but ktm memebike

Post drops/crashes

But user, they all look exactly the same.

HAHAHAA u two faggots

10/10 great roll

rolling for 8. gimme dat slick zx10r

You must be new here

check the suspension and tires, then take it progressively harder until you feel like the bike can't handle it. It's not going to handle like a modern sportbike, but it should be decent

>dairy baiku turedo

it would be デイリーバイクスレド (deirii baiku suredo) if you wanted to keep it englishy, 毎日バイクスレド if not

fucking retarded weeb cunts バカで外人でキモイよね

Oh, and also, is this bike irresponsibly large and heavy for a relatively new, 5'6 125lb rider?

CHECK IT OUT
WE FOUND THE LAST ONE!

Kill yourself weebfag

why the FUCK do people cover their dualies/sm in MONSTER ENERGY METAL MULUSHA GOPRO TAPOUT OAKLEY stickers

looks so fucking white trash I actually feel embarrassed to look at it

Cute vtx