/mmog/ - MMO General

Play Wakfu with ME! Edition:

This general is for discussing new, old, and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals. If you are on one of these forgotten/niche games, looking for a guild, or friends, or just want to know the state of the game, ask here!

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

Card games like Elder Scrolls Legends, Krosmaga, Duelyst and Faeria are also welcome to discuss here.

Our most discussed games are Mabinogi and Wakfu. We have a game of the week that we all try to play together!

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Yeah, new class if you haven't played in more than a year. They are the only class that can use all elements+a unique one (light.) They can do everything; not as good as the specialized classes, but still useful. They are FUN to play, since they can combine spells for many different combinations and effects. They clearly show a new direction on design, I like them a lot. They were featured on the Dofus movie, have you seen it?

Reminds me that classes like Pandawa need a total rework since they feel ancient.

Also:

Someone link the new pastebin since I didn't have it for the new thread.

Stop posting this fucking image you fuck.

didn't pandas get an update a while ago? was that not enough? I don't remember what they changed.

We were talking about huppermages user, and Bakara is the most famous one. Xa's work is fantastic.

Also, NO, FUCK YOU! She is cute, CUTE!

I also really don't remember; that's the thing. They feel ancient; their animations, their effects and skills. It all comes from the old Wakfu. Just ahead and try the huppermages; their complexity and care for animations and effects are miles ahead of other classes. Same happened to Eliotropes.

is this the furfag general?

No. This anime general.

anime ruined Veeky Forums

Wow huppermage shill is shilling HARD. For user asking, huppermage is SHIT right now, same like elio on release.
Dont fall for hupper shill, only to realize that it do shit damage later on in game compared to other ranged DPS class

If not because anime, Veeky Forums would never exist you dumbfuck. Enjoy posting in leddit.

reposting from last thread

I actually went back to asheron's call a few years ago but the player population is so low now that the world is pretty much dead and people just join guilds on the forums and immediately teleport to the guild house.
That and since the world is ded, they added a quest hub area so new characters can solo their way to a reasonably high level.

The good ol' days are sadly now gone. I'm looking at albion online now and it reminds me of ultima online meets moba combat. Hopefully it'll live up to old school sandbox mmorpgs. Slightly tempted to get founder's to try it out but it's abit pricy. Do we have a guild for albion online?

Nice job making the general to early just to post your shitty game.

Got all my class level to 60. Now I just need to get all 20 of them to level 80, then awaken each one and level up the new 40.

Also anyone want to do Rose Temple? I want the Liarro trophy.
Game is Eden Eternal btw.

/v/ is posting about FFXI again, made me want to come back and read what's new here.

What ruined MMOs?

End game

Greed

There was nothing to ruin to being with. A lot of people played for the novelty that wore off and with less people playing the social aspect which made mmos mmos died out. Outside of the social aspect mmos don't do anything better than singleplayer rpgs.

F2P MMO is a bad business model to begin with. Greedy cunt usually stay away from MMO business. In fact they need to add another additional revenue rather than depending on cash shop or pseudo-subscription. Like in-game ad for example.

Greed and the despicable practices that came along with it aka Pay2win

Designing games to be a sanitized streamlined "content delivery system" instead of trying to create a fully realized virtual world that promotes emergent gameplay and community interaction

Games can't multitask anymore, they are either a content delivery themepark where you log in to ride the daily dungeons and raids and log out or they are a horrible masochistic asian Pay2win game where the biggest supporters fire their credit cards at you to fulfill a power fantasy and feel superior

Hard to pin down to one specific thing.

the players

i'm the only player online in the whole game.
KUF2 was never meant to be.

I don't care about 3D graphics and shit like that. I just want a 2D game that looks nice (Like Wakfu) and play like Mabinogi.

I think you're looking for Ragnarok Online buddy

Might as well be as it's 70% wakfu shilling

Repetitiveness, no/low social aspects, and lack of originality would be my top 3.

TalonRO or NovaRO?

Is Wakfu actually good or is it just a meme?

I like Nova. Easy to buy things with zeny because there's a lot of whales.

It's alright but the grinding is absurd and they once did a 4 month rollback accidentally. I really don't trust the company.

>Outside of the social aspect mmos don't do anything better than singleplayer rpgs
You are so wrong. Old school mmorpgs were never single player rpgs.

So are we playing Wakfu now?

Still on maintenance

I don't like Wakfu. Too 2d, too furry, and character customization is too limited.

I want to try albion online but I hear the game is only fun if you have people to play it with and it doesn't seem like there's many people in the thread playing it at all.

Pay to access is fucking stupid for sandbox game like Albion. I don't know what the hell the publisher is thinking when they released that game.

Well if it's really worth it I don't mind since old mmorpgs used to all be paid subscription anyways but I'm still somewhat skeptical about the game. There haven't really been much new reviews about their latest expansion.

Anyone playing wildstar?

Here's the difference between albion online and old sandboxes
old sandboxes are ultima online
albion online is an up down view BDO without the PVE content

Isn't albion online more like UO with moba based combat?

>tfw your friend wants to play as a healer on the MMO youre planning to play together

>Do we have a guild for albion online?
no we don't. we should.

segregation, where all the content and features in modern mmos are designed to separate players by either progression(levels, gear score, story/dungeon progress) or closed content(dungeons, raids, arenas, battlegrounds, "open worlds" that feel more like lobbys). The only way to fix them as I see it is to just completely remake them from the ground up and look to mmos and games that don't copy wow and korean grindans.

its like runescape with moba combat

didn't they add expeditions which are like dungeons now in the latest update?

I was about to play right now, specially after the Sacrier rework, but apparently they are shutting down the servers in 30m to solve some bugs. Shame.

It is actually good. I would say, pretty good. Go ahead and try it yourself, is free, and the new player experience has been very polished the last few months. They have been updating and updating it nonstop, and it shows; the population have increased, and they are finally implementing mechanics everyone asked for, but the limitation of the systems were holding off (server merge; multiple HW, etc.)

The complete breakdown as to why no one is playing it, is because is p2p now, and on the future. Games like these are doomed to fail unless you are a AAA developer.

-------------------------

RIP Herowarz. Anyone even tried it around here?

I don't know why people compare it with RS so much. the only thing they have in common is the grind.

Alright, so how many people are actually playing Wakfu? I've played in the past and then nobody logged on and solo'ing in that game is utterly horrendous. Does anyone have an exact number?

It's their own damn fault for never having it available here and region blocking the english language version.

>Finish GR deck in Faeria
>It has a worse winrate than my Monored

Am I just getting used to piloting it, or did I get meme'd on?

A shilled meme.

>how many people are actually playing Wakfu?
it's dead, just desperate shills

>SHILLLLL
Go back to /v/ if you don't want people to talk and play video games.

I made a monoyellow rush deck to start ranked games, and so far I'm beating people with full legendary and constructed decks. I have only lost 2 times 'cause I don't even know how some decks work, but yeah, pretty stronk. Rank 17 though, let's see how far will this deck get me.

>s-shill!

Come on Jim, give up already.

Wakfu is back online! Time to play my goddamn Sacrier all over again. Good thing I got him to 100 on double xp day, it should be fun to learn him all over again (all sacriers got a free restat.) I'm going full berserk build.

To Wakfu players, is solo element viable? I've only played the beta and it was fine then but it seems like now you have to fill up two bards worth of slots which'd force me to use another element, right? How would gear work with that.

No

> About to killed hard mode Y-83
> Someone uses bails out

I've only played cra at any length. They really need to dual element. You can tri element with them if you really want to but usually you just use two.

tfw people die to maze

a stasis fogger would work, since stasis damage increases with their best element, which should be their other branches anyway.
and unless gear has set elements, it has 'increases X elemental damage', where X are random elements applied to an equipment when it's equipped

Man, I wanted to play Fogger again, but they took ALL their hammer animations but one. What the fuck? Also, the goddamn turrets don't even shoot when they attack, they just stand there.

How dead is Wakfu?

Depends on what dead means to you

If I go to the main hub and say 'hi', how many people will say 'hi' back?

Whats a game with fun and meaningful gathering? No not Wakfu fuck off.

Doing that in any game will cause people to ignore you like an attention whore you are. If you want something just ask.

Dofus :^)

XIV

So it's a dead game?
k

Mabinogi, as long as you don't mind repeating the process thousands of times.

Mabinogi, gathering literally increases your stats.

But do you actually make stuff with those materials worth using, or is all equipment best from gachas?

>something wrong with my internet
>every time the phone rings my internet gets cut off
Fuck, it's like playing MapleStory on dial up again.

You make shit, sell shit, cook shit mabinogi lets you do whatever the fuck you want. Just about everything you do increases your main stats in something.

>upcoming mmos: ashes of creation

didn't this game just came out of kickstarter? isn't even star citizen coming out of development before this?

Yes, there's a shit ton of clothes, food and weapons you can make yourself from the stage of gathering mats for them. Endgame gear is craft-only as well.

>mabinogi
>Endgame gear
lol

These people are lying to you all to fuck, unless Mabi did a complete 180 in the past year or so.

It kind of did. It's not ideal, but at least we have actual endgame where you can't yolo through with your army of AoE pets. Of courese, rewards ere either shit or have ungodly low drop rates, so there's hardly any reason to play, but still.

>you can't yolo through with your army of AoE pets.
>look up recent mabinogi videos
>every dungeons has people still spamming aoe pets especially when they solo
k

Like I said, people will lie and say any kind of BS to get you to come back to their dying game be it Mabi or Wakfu. The reality of the situation hasnt changed, and people who pay money dominate. People who sub and buy shop stuff solo everything. Its only new players who hold onto this silly hope of sticking together pointlessly.

I'm late, but I didn't forget.

Have a good Day.

So what you're basically saying is all mmo's are shit? Most people already knew this before coming into this thread.

There are still some MMOs that don't provide any tangible benefit for paying/paying extra.

Name five.

A BDO without the PVE content? You mean.. BDO?

BDO has lots of PvE.

Post your characters!

Oh god i miss eden, i miss my little rat

I wish i had gold to waste

Play it again then.
There's just so much shit to do.

100 gold per hit isn't all too bad. Once I start to waste around 10k gold, I can stop and go make it back doing quest or church quests for holy waters to sell.

You using mods? Your character looks 'crisp' or something. I can't really describe it.

I just used my GPU control panel to force AA.

Alright, I'm downloading Wakfu. If you guys quit next week I'll be a little salty.