Why can't any modern domestic "american" trucks achieve 1 million miles with it's original gasoline engine...

Why can't any modern domestic "american" trucks achieve 1 million miles with it's original gasoline engine? Why is it that Toyota is able to do this but not the big three? Let's not forget that both the Tundra and the Tacoma destroys the big three in reliability.

>inb4 framerust and floor-mat recall

Is the Tundra and Tacoma, dare I say, the KING OF TRUCKS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA
ridelust.com/wisconsin-man-puts-1-million-miles-on-his-91-chevy-silverado-we-are-pretty-damn-impressed/
youtube.com/watch?v=iSunY_w957Q
autoweek.com/article/recalls/toyota-frame-settlement-could-cost-company-34-billion
havasunews.com/news/havasu-man-still-truckin-at-million-miles/article_62b158e6-e133-11e6-acc5-cf15cad4b04b.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_River_Rouge_Complex
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Truck_Assembly
guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-vehicle-mileage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

toyota truck
>proceeds to break in half

I'm pretty sure tundra is made in texas

Doesn't matter when the test of the vehicle is shit by 150000

All the big mile guys run diesel. So who cares about Yoda?

Are they good?
do they still do that?
isn't everything bigger in texas?
is 150000 miles a lot?

>3/4 ton size truck
>1/2 ton drivetrain
>no diesel options because they refuse to try to deal with US emissions

As far as the tacoma goes, their only serious competition comes from Chevy and Nissan who don't try even try half as much on their mid size truck lines

yes, something that's been long resolved. go do your homework now.

Exactly, hence is why I put "american" in quotations since the domestic trucks manufactured by American brands aren't even assembled in America.
>All the big mile guys run diesel.
yes, the tiny dick mall crawling posers who do nothing work related with their trucks. sure. prolly was bought with mommy and daddy's money too.

mrcummy owns two toyota trucks

Toyota trucks confirmed shit forever and owners are giant faggots forever

I sold my old lexus ls400 with over 600,000k for 2k and you could stand a coin on top of the engine while it was running.

>Are they good?
can say for the 2000-2006 models, aside from the frame rust recall, i've been hearing nothing but good thing about these rigs. pretty rock solid.

I on the other hand had a 2008 model, double cab, put over 300,000 miles on her (bought her at about 80,000 miles). She was strong, gave here the proper maintenance she needed.

Recently traded her in for a new Tacoma since I didn't need a large truck anymore. But she did well and hopefully will continue to do well.

Australia disagrees

I found a million mile F-250 (2006) in about 5 minutes of google searching
and a dodge RAM 2500 (1996)
and a chevy Silverado (2006)

Australia is full of faggots so no they agree

>2008
did those have the 4.7?
The 5.7 is an absolute pig on gas.

5.7L. Another reason I had to get rid of it because of the fuel consumption and raising gas prices.

>Toyota trucks confirmed shit forever
>Toyota trucks
That's a funny way to say domestic """american""" trucks.
>and owners are giant faggots forever
guess by that logic, I can say domestic trucks are for giant faggots too and use it as a bogus stereotype.
Especially Dodge since a good fitting acronym for it is Dude On Dude Gay Entertainment

toyocuk defense force got BTFO so hard last bread they decided to try again

LMAO

ENJOY YOUR CHEESE FRAMES

What's the point of getting 1000000mi if the rest of the truck can't make it there

because in america everything is supposed to be disposable and not long term, except diesels.

americans love to buy shit they don't need. their national sport is debt.

Amerifat buys truck
truck shits the bed
he sells it
buys another truck

>he can't afford to buy multiple cars or trucks

must suck being a yuropoor

how much is the busfare now mohamed

i came here to laugh at toyota owners

FPBP

>ENJOY YOUR CHEESE FRAMES

again, can't enjoy something that's been long resolved. stay forever retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA
This.
see

DELETE THIS IT DOESN'T EXIST LALALALALALALALALALALALA YOU CANT TELL ME ANY DIFFERENT

PHOTOSHOP PHOTOSHOP PHOTOSHOP

MY JAPANESE TRUCKS DONT DO THAT

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw no landcruiser
>tfw no hilux
why doesn't canada get any fun vehicles :(

What about the other Tundras?
Any vehicle can reach the "million mile" mark if they are taken care of.
The issue is that most people don't take care of them.

>The issue is that most people don't take care of them.

Because those "people" are mostly likley brotruckers who transforms these trucks into obnoxious mall crawlers and will trade it in for a new one once it reaches 100k miles, sorta like what this user said. Those other people are probably people who neglect their engine and not giving it the proper maintenance it needs.

Note to self: one thread basing Toyota Trucks will cause AT LEAST 3 days of asshurt threads from ToyoCucks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the new 5.7L that toyota is using from GM's old design?

>toyotas rust in half regularly
>b-but rangers do it too!
Toyotakids are pathetic

found the guy who keeps making these butthurt threads

There's millions of American fleet trucks trucks with 500k+ miles. They live a harder life than any mall crawling Toyota will live and they handle it fine.

Actually my Tacoma is sand tan and has a shorter cab. but nice assumption anyway.
>assmad nigger still bringing up the rust issue that's been long resolved

you children never fail to amuse me with your pathetic attempt of trying to "trigger" me.

>There's millions of American fleet trucks trucks with 500k+ miles.

hell even my buddy's old rusted to shit Honda Civic made it that high, that's not at all surprising.

>They live a harder life than any mall crawling Toyota will live and they handle it fine.

yes, harder life by being lifted and being a pavement princess, that's one "hard life" lmao. even when a toyota is lifted, they still manage to whoop the big three in reliability.

i have yet to see a modern pickup that's no older than 10 years surpass 1 million miles with it's original gas engine.

but that's impossible, your rubbish domestic garbage is unreliable heaps of shit.

>hell even my buddy's old rusted to shit Honda Civic made it that high, that's not at all surprising.

Moving 2500lbs to the grocery store and moving a 7000lb truck are two very different things. The fleet truck also has 90k engine hours because it idles so much. There's a reason why few companies use Japanese trucks for fleet or delivery usage.

>i have yet to see a modern pickup that's no older than 10 years surpass 1 million miles with it's original gas engine.

Because you're too fucking stupid to google "million mile american truck".

>Moving 2500lbs to the grocery store
That's a cute assumption, typical from a assmad domestic truck owner. But no, he did more than that obviously to rack that high.

>Because you're too fucking stupid to google "million mile american truck".

Frankly sir, you're wrong again. I did, and you know what popped up? The million mile Tundra over and over again along with domestic trucks with diesel engines. LOL.

>Tundra
>Japanese

Lolmaoing at ur knowledge about all things automotive !! !

I'm not assmad. I'm not the one who payed $50k for a sub 300hp V6 truck.

Million mile domestic trucks are so common that most people don't make a big stink about it like a Toyota. Or they're smart and don't use a gasjob truck for high mileage usage.

Fun fact: There are more Chevy and Ford trucks with over a million miles on the original engine than any other type of vehicle.

Hardly anyone uses a Toyota as a work truck.

>I'm not the one who payed $50k for a sub 300hp V6 truck.

neither did i.

>Million mile domestic trucks are so common that most people don't make a big stink about it like a Toyota.

That is if it's a diesel. I still have yet to see a modern domestic pickup with a million miles with it's original engine. again, if that is possible.

>most people don't make a big stink about it like a Toyota.

I beg to differ, hell people who reached just about 200k miles like to show that off and brag about it like it's the biggest best milestone ever when it's absolutely fucking nothing.

>Or they're smart and don't use a gasjob truck for high mileage usage.

Yeah "smart". Guess that they're those kinds of people who trade in a vehicle and need a new one after it reaches 100k miles. Guess it's that "I need a new vehicle" mentality when they bought their previous one not that long ago. You know, the ones who buy trucks and don't use them for work related jobs and use them a DD pavement queens. once that counter hits 100k miles they need a new one when the one they drive seems to be perfectly fine. Most people who use their trucks for work on the other hand could give less of a shit how high the counter is because what matters to them is the truck's maintenance. When it reaches 1 mil on the other hand, that's something ground breaking, even with it's original engine.
False. Saw three today.

One was a pest control truck.
One was beat to shit, but kept hustling, towing a trailer along with it too.
and the third one was a base model Tundra hauling home appliances in the bed.

>That is if it's a diesel. I still have yet to see a modern domestic pickup with a million miles with it's original engine. again, if that is possible.
>Ford F-250, 5.4l

ridelust.com/wisconsin-man-puts-1-million-miles-on-his-91-chevy-silverado-we-are-pretty-damn-impressed/

youtube.com/watch?v=iSunY_w957Q

Most people who can afford a truck can afford to lease a new one every 4 years.

>video circled around the truck having a million miles but doesn't show the odometer.

calling bullshit.

there is a few videos of trucks going 1mil, I wouldn't trust an odometer anyways - I didn't read article, is everything original? my 05 silverado has original fuel pump/injectors and intake, literally everything else in drivetrain has been replaced. body has 200k on it.

Did a high mileage engine domestic engine fuck your wife or something?

>Did a high mileage engine domestic engine fuck your wife or something?

LOL, if that's even possible. Most domestic trucks can't even make it as high as 200k miles.

200k miles as a fleet or work truck is like 600k miles of mall crawling in a Toyota.

>this is what he believes

Does anyone really care if their truck can reach that kind of high mileage? Majority of people who buy pickups don't really strive to break a big milestone such as that. Don't get me wrong the Tundra reaching a million miles with the same exact engine from the factory is very impressive I'll admit, but not a lot of people are going to keep their truck when the mileage is in the high hundred thousands, some will, some won't. Most like myself won't to be honest.

Hell people have been doing that since the 70s. back then once the mileage meter touches 100-200k+ miles, new truck. Not speaking for all but a good majority.

>that's been long resolved
autoweek.com/article/recalls/toyota-frame-settlement-could-cost-company-34-billion

>this brand is worst because it gets all the bad owners
Let's face it, that's just an excuse
Toyota is worldwide recognized as the most or one of the most reliable car brands.
I don't know about US-only models, but I trust Toyota wouldn't risk their status there

>Not being able to get a Diesel Toyota in America
I feel bad for you

In my work sometimes I get to drive some trucks, all Diesel ofc, most of them are 1-2 years old with less than 100k miles and from many brands.
Last week I got to drive a 13year old Toyota truck.
>fml I got the older truck
>Seat and steering pretty beated up
I look at the dash
>oh shit 600k miles, I'm gonna have a bad time with this thing fully loaded.
Tfw it was even better than the new trucks, holding gears uphill and shit.
It was by far the best truck I've driven in that company. It blew me away

havasunews.com/news/havasu-man-still-truckin-at-million-miles/article_62b158e6-e133-11e6-acc5-cf15cad4b04b.html
fond an f150 with the 5.4 in about 3 seconds

>people can't believe it has the same engine
>ford never seen any close to those kind of miles
They must be really reliable then

that's quite an argument you got there bucko. I guess that makes this example not exist anymore

>have 22 year old silverado k1500
>still running the original engine at 660k miles after two decades of heavy use
Let's see your jap crap do that

You're scared to pay what? 60 bucks in fuel every 2 weeks? If you work at McDicks, you don't need a truggg.

While the 5.4 Triton cold probably go to 1 mil if you were meticulous about maintenance, why? Anyone that thinks it's a good motor has never owned one and had the spark plug threads torn out and broken on the first service. Fuck anything 2000-2008 american made. I'd rather have a nip truck because they actually think about details before production that the big three would end up fixing through recalls.

My 6.0 Vortec's gonna be scaring 400,000 miles by the end of August if I had to guess. This truck's done a whole lot of towing too.

Lol @ the fag who's saying people actually use Toyota's as fleet vehicles. In the united States fleet vehicles are Chevy and Ford vans, without a doubt the most popular choice.

I have 2001 expedition from new with the 5.4. 260,000 miles and the only thing that needed replacing was the serpentine belt. runs like top

>>inb4 framerust and floor-mat recall

>inb4 valid criticisms of Toyota shit

ftfy

Go rust somewhere else.

>all this bickering about small trucks vs large trucks, american vs jap, etc.
>tfw i'm just sitting here with my comfy 4d 2000 frontier

>japcrap

funnily enough, it's more american than your domestic piece of shit that was built in beanerland.

Also, I search up "million mile Tundra" it made it at a million faster than your pos ever did and it's a decade old.

No, maybe because I actually want to save money now and not overspend it on a lot of shit, especially gas.

>you don't need a truggg.
yeah you're right, it would make more sense to haul a bunch of fucking equipment in a small little sedan.

:eyeroll

>Lol @ the fag who's saying people actually use Toyota's as fleet vehicles.

Lol at this fag who actually denying this hard.
Just because people use Ford or Chevy or even RAMs as Fleet vehicles don't mean they're gonna be bull proof reliable.

>Go rust somewhere else.

That would be impossible since the rust issue is no longer an issue and no longer relevant. but again, you idiots will always jump on that because that's the only issue you are aware about, that and the balljoint recall. Pathetic argument desu.

>rust issue is no longer an issue

Just because you say it isn't doesn't mean it's true.

The new Tacomas don't even have full boxed frames lmao. They're just big cars.

>4d 2000 frontier

Gay.

>he said from his snapped frame Tacoma

Loving Every Laugh

Yeah it matters, it's to prove that your shit domestic trucks can't last over 100k miles.

>your shit domestic trucks can't last over 100k miles.

It must be so nice living in a retarded Toyota bubble. Just keep on ignoring evidence that doesn't support your world view, ToyotaCuck

nigger, i can pull up a list of new domestic trucks that went over 100,000 miles right now if i have to.

Contracting company has a 2nd gen used pretty much exclusively for towing commercial trailers dump trailers. Broken leaf springs from towing too heavy was the only issue in 3 yrs. thing guzzled gas and brake pads tho.

2010 sr5 crewmax 4x4 here. love my truck it has 96k miles on it. only problem is the drive shaft bearings are going bad.....I am told the whole part is a Dana Spicer made product. It is going to cost $1,600 to replace......Ugh.. Engine is great tho.......to those that said the engine is an older american design, No thats wrong....it is a first generation lexus engine...it is OK....Trucks are expensive now!

>non diesel pick up
>not poor
Pick one

Designed, engineered and built in USA.
Fords built in mexico.
GM's built in Canada.
Toyotas are more american than the big 3.

>GM's built in Canada.
I think GM 3/4 tons are built in Wisconsin or somewhere up north

Why doesn't Toyata offer a truck with decent torque numbers?

i have owned the following trucks:
new-old
>07 tundra 5.7 std.
>good truck; stronk; parts expensive; lot of noise; dd still
>03 f150 5.0 ex-cab, 4x4
>good truck; gave it to cousin, has about 340k? lot of problems, ignored still runs, though
>2001 silverado/ck 1.5 ton chebby 5.7 vortekz
>meh tier; nothing worked; got rid of it for f150 after a year had only 15-16k
>1998 s10 v6 4.6?
>great rugged fucker mexican who owns it now still driving it, trannys are shit though
>1997 dodge cumming all over jamal's face; man i love this thing i still own it. nothing has gone wrong still going stronk

>Fords built in mexico.
But that's wrong.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_River_Rouge_Complex
>f-150 plant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky_Truck_Assembly
>super duty and expedition plant

The reality is gasoline engines are cheap to replace/rebuild, so manufacturers have little incentive to bother making them last past 250,000 miles, just extra cost for the manufacturer. Additionally, 90% of the gas trucks sold won't even make it to 250,000 miles because most just simply don't drive that much.

American diesels, on the other hand, are built to make it to 1,000,000+ miles if treated properly. Do all the maintenance and do it on time with top quality shit, don't bag it when it hasn't reached operating temp, and don't run any excessive tunes and they'll go forever. I've seen countless Duramax (mainly LBZ/LMM), 12vs, 24vs, 7.3Ls and even a few 6.0L go for 700k+ miles no problem. There'd be a lot more too, but again, most people don't drive nearly enough to mile up a pickup to the million mile mark.

If you don't actually know anything about using trucks for what they are designed for (work), then your opinion on them is invalid. If you drive a fucking toyota your opinion is doubly invalid. Fuck off to your suburb.

delet

Toyota's are pavement princesses, and hardly ever loaded down or abused. Of course they last forever.

>Why is it that Toyota is able to do this but not the big three?

Iron block UZ.

>being wrong
>being you

The million-mile Tundra was actually a work truck. The guy was said to run deliveries for oil companies often with a trailer hooked up to it.

People don't normally average 100k miles per year for a decade on anything that isn't a work vehicle.

>making false claims
>thinks he is right in his small delusional mind

okay, kiddo.

guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/highest-vehicle-mileage

Why truck?