/srg/ - speedrunning general - "The scale of the open world in Botw really is amazing" edition

speedrun.com
tasvideos.org/
speedrunslive.com/
reddit.com/r/speedrun/
esamarathon.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZ7rfg21uzg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so yeah, how about them speedruns

samefag

how did you know?

Exactly 90 seconds apart.

they're over 4 minutes apart you dunce

3*

What is with this irrelevant and awful OP?

should've made it first then, cuck.

snooze you lose.

How about you just make it actually relevant, you faggot.

Homebrew modding of a game to remap controls to make your speedgame easier is absolutely ridiculous and should not be allowed under any circumstances.

Why? People use adapters and 3rd party controllers all the god damn time in other games and nobody gives a shit.

That doesn't change the controls. Modding the game to make it easier is a different level.

>That doesn't change the controls
except that's exactly what it does lmao

MrSpeedrun doing 2h of practice every single day before runs is going to add up to a lot more than what most players do.

>all the buttons are different and in many cases remappable
>joystick is different
>deadzone is different
>adapters don't change the controls
u high?

False. The button layout isn't change on a Hori, the button layout isn't adjusted to make tricks easier.

False.

It won't add up to more than what the players who practice for 5-8 hours a day do.

Hori joystick is objectively easier to move around. It objectively makes bowser throws easier and has two Z buttons. How is that not advantageous? How is that not remapping?

Also, raphnet adapters. Cuck.

No one in the history of SM64 does this. 5-8 hours in anything, you are absolutely out of your little stream monster mind if you believe these numbers.

False, the Hori joystick is worse than the N64 joystick. The only thing different on the controller is the extra Z button, which adds no advantage, unlike remapping your entire button layout for tech in BOTW to become braindead.

>No one in the history of SM64 does this.
dude i watched cheese do it in the practice room for a year straight. sometimes he'd pull 16+ hours.

>a year straight
This did not happen.

obviously it wasn't every single day, but it was definitely most days. his entire life revolved around mario for well over a year.

>No one in the history of SM64 does this
>srg memers are this clueless

>the extra Z button, which adds no advantage
Cheese says himself that he's mashing them both on star groundpounds.

>the Hori joystick is worse than the N64 joystick
It's objectively better for throws and every single SM64 runner agrees with this. Stop spouting shit you don't understand.
>which adds no advantage
Yes it does, you can mash both during star spawn cutscenes to get a faster and more consistent star grab ground pound. Obviously 2 Z buttons is more advantageous for this than 1.

Also yes, good SM64 runners put in significantly more practice on average than 2 hours per day if they're actively running. Many do more practice than runs.

I'd do as much practice as possible because why would I do runs when there are glaring errors in my gameplay?

But everyone knows Mrspeedrun is in it for the viewers, which is why he wants to spam runs and plasters his stream with sellout shit.

He's a joke.

That is not an advantage.

Better for throws because it doesn't ruin your previous N64 stick, for actual movement, it is worse.

>I'd

Stop right there, clueless stream monster. You can't iron out perfectly gameplay in practice then have flawless runs.

>Better for throws because it doesn't ruin your previous N64 stick
It's also better for throws because it's easier to spin you fucking dunce. Stop pretending you have any clue at all about the game.

>le i'd practice to perfection because why duz anyone make mistakes gurrr

why are you retards talking about technicalities in mario64 speedrunning and not talking about squid or cosmo?

dumbass faggots

what amiibos do I need in order to speedrun zelda breath of the wild?

Why did MrHyruleGamer remove all of the speedrunner cringe from his youtube channel?

QUICK - someone post some DANK maymays, and someone else reply telling me that i'm BASED

>fw I could get wr whenever I want, but I must practice 18 hours a day to maintain my skill level and spend the other 6 sleeping

Andrew G is literally the greatest speedrunner of all time. You can't even come close to making a decent argument otherwise

>You can't even come close to making a decent argument otherwise
He's been running the same piss easy speedgame for like 12 years.

t. guy that can't even flagpole glitch

>The only thing different on the controller is the extra Z button, which adds no advantage
Try doing a gainer on a regular N64 controller, then try doing it on a Hori using both Z buttons.

That's what I thought my man.

Reminder, Dustiel claimed that he could get Spongebob BFBB WR any time he wants if someone bought him the equipment.

REMINDER

Dustiel claimed that he can pop in Jak and Daxter any time and peform the difficult Lava Tube skip any time he wants despite having absolutely no practice (he then went on to say he doesn't even know what the trick actually involves)

Reminder that he has over 11k attempts in Crash 2 100% with a mediocre at best time.

because "the community" bullied another youtuber out because of "feelings"

what?

So MHG was 'getting bullied' for bullying?

grindxmonkey

*recoils*
*is injured*
*suddenly shrinks back*
I've been found out!

[rhesus chittering heard in close proximity to the reset button]

basically, yeah. he can dish it out no problem, but heaven forbid he have to endure any criticism himself.

what a faggot emo princess.

here's the full video if you want to have a good laugh at a flaming faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=zZ7rfg21uzg

OK so the big reveal! Mr Hyrule Gamer = Tristan Reed. Got an address as well?

>the big reveal! Mr Hyrule Gamer = Tristan Reed.
how is that a big reveal in any way? he plasters his name all over everything he does other than the actual MHG channel.

Stop this epic shit you pathetic goblin, back to /b/

OK I didn't know. Anyway why the cringe removed?

>Anyway why the cringe removed?
no idea, but i'm guessing it's because he's a coward

*banshee screeches*

Tristan, y u removed cringe?

?

>11k
If only.

That said, he probably could. He has a fuckton of experience optimizing high skill ceiling games. If he claimed that, he must realize both games don't have a lot of depth to them.

No he does not. Show me one optimized run by him.

Absolutely deluded. He would not be able to achieve any of these claims. Not even after 15k attempts.

Jak and BFBB have more depth than anything he runs. Crash 2 and 3 are not 'high skill ceiling' games. Moron.

damn. is this typical for a speedrunner?

No

Newboi faggot

>63h a week
why, you could probably master it like like 4 hours max (unless you're squid, then you'll need almost 500 hours minimum)

no, but it is typical for brainless grind monkeys. grindxmonkey puts in 126 hours of mindless grinding a week

why did you delete?

Zzz_pc just got 36:44 in LL warpless D-4

>the obsessed freak that cant help but spasm and gush about squid and try to make out that he isnt good at what he does

so why did MHG remove all his cringe videos?

people found his cringe so it became a little hypocritical

They were bait.

The Nippon God Gamer

>grindxmonkey
>good at what he does
*bird laughs*

>page 10

Looks like the finnish furmaster really got to you, user.

Wtf happened to this fucker?

Speedrun cringe is getting old, especially from the usual suspects. This thread won't be able to hang on much longer.

He said during the last Yoshi race he did that he plans on speedrunning Bottom of the Well.

thanks for the late response!

this thread is a beautiful example of how the modern era of speedrunning has hijacked what "world record" represents. the multiplicity of meaning has revealed the once seemingly concrete "world record" as political groupthink, subconsciously guided through memetics. the term itself has begun to lose grace as its self contradiction becomes more evident, and yet it still holds a viral power over /srg/ and indeed the larger speedrunning dialogue. this evolution of language invokes a necessary awakening, and i am happy to play messenger.

this is such a y_ post

Lmao, but i wasnt talking about that i was talking about his viewer count

>2015
>not knowing trihex is a furfag

What happened to chibinekodemyx

dead in a ditch

hopefully grindxmonkey is next

why did you delete?

A stupid fucking grind monkey with a bird laugh and banshee screech creating a marxist utopia in minecraft while bonobo howling and mindlessly mashing the reset button

why did you delete?

What is the best way of recording runs? Would streaming it on Twitch make it higher quality and recording locally? I am kind of a baboon when it comes to using OBS. Speedrunning Fallout New Vegas btw

Best way is cap card and OBS cause lag unless your PC is beast. PC and recording on laptop or something to save resources is an option too. It all depends on how shit your computer is

>kind of a baboon
is this bait

OBS Studio let's you stream and record with different bitrates, so ideally you would stream with an okay bitrate and local record with high settings. But you would need a good computer to do that + speedrun Fallout, you're probably just best off choosing either to stream or local record. Or you could take advice, though it requires additional hardware.

what an extremely cringey post

Is there anything more embarrassing than grinding for 13 hours?

grinding for 18 hours

made up memes dont count, obsessed freak

>m-me no grind 18 hours a day... me swear... ooh ooh...

Grind monkeys are just a mem-

The term Grind Monkey which is used by stream monsters and people who lack dedication to achieve what dedicated runners do, is absolutely, 100%, a meme.