The previous owner converted my headlights to HID. I'm having a problem with the passenger low beam...

The previous owner converted my headlights to HID. I'm having a problem with the passenger low beam. It hardly ever works, it didn't come on for a couple weeks and then randomly started working again the other night. Could the problem be the bulb or the ballast? pic unrelated

sorry I'm not an electrician bruv

I really enjoyed this webm.

you're welcome, feel free to save it, and watch it or post it at your leisure

Could be wire resistance? if the battery is so close to the driver's light and the wiring is shitty it could increase the resistance to the point in which it might not be able to work correctly. Or just a fucked up lamp.

First off...

Your topper isn't in the correct position according to the training you were supposed to follow via Cornerstone.

Second...

Why are you delivering pizzas in a fucking NSX?

Perhaps I should have read the entire fucking post...

ballast

mine did the same thing, I got rid of the HIDs because I hate the color

The wiring looks janky as fuck
bad ballast or a wire getting shorted or something?

>ywn deliver pizzas in an NSX

Swap the two ballasts, if the problem follows the ballast, then you need to change that, if the problem stays on the same bulb, then you need to change the bulb.

That said, faulty ballasts can damage bulbs too, so you may even need to replace both.
If you see red/brown residues inside the bulb itself (along with a more yellow/red light colour), that's a sign of a damaged bulb that won't last long.

I've heard stories of people putting damaged (but still functioning) HID bulbs in the same ultrasound baths that you use to clean injectors and that seems to get them back to shape. I haven't tried it so I can't tell you if it's true or not, but it might be worth a try if you can get someone to do the ultrasound bath for cheap.

Also, another good idea is to give the ballast a dedicated ground wire directly connected to the chassis, rather than using the stock ground wire that was used for the original halogens, some cars don't like the kind of current flowing through some HIDs and can fuck up some unrelated stuff.
On my car, for example, I replaced a faulty ballasts with a new one. The previous worked perfectly for 5 years with stock wirings, but as soon as I plugged the new one, my wipers started going crazy and they eventually stopped working.
After a bit of research I found out my wiper motor shares the ground with the RHS headlight and a lot of people with the same car reported the same problem after putting HIDs on, so the solution was to give the bulb a dedicated, separate ground wire to fix the problem and avoid more burned motors.

Go test it with your multimeter and you tell me, faggotron.

>User performed mods
>aftermarket lights to blind other road users
360° noscope and walk away

>mfw left my lights stock except for brighter globes and added a led bar
Stock ftw, no problems whatsoever here.

Here's a pic of the whole assembly. I can't figure out how to get the HID bulb out lol. I tried to pull and twist and nothing works. The high beams are still stock and they just rotate out

Honestly find the person you bought the car from, rob them for the money you spent and kill them if they can't give you at least 80% of what you paid.

It's still worth a little more than what I paid for it

Remove those 3 little screws, get that plastic ring out and take out the bulb.

It's probably just a standard H7 with no adapter for that housing so the previous guy probably just sandwiched the bulb between the housing and the plastic ring to keep it in place.

Before you remove it, I suggest you test the bulb with the other ballast to see if it's still working

Checking now, the silver one looks much higher quality so it's probably the cheap black one thats the problem

Convert them back to standard halogen bulbs and save everyone a headache. Sell the HID shit to some ricer.

Aw fuck bois I swapped them and tried to turn them on and now neither one comes on and fuck these picture captchas

I swapped them back and the left one works again. The right one never came on during the day but the bulb looks clean so I'm assuming it still works. It's either the ballast or the wiring for the headlight, he had electrical tape around the cables

Well then the black ballast is fucked, you have to investigate the bulb. If it doesn't work with either ballast then it's probably fucked too.
Inspect the taped wire to be sure

Yep I swapped the bulbs and they both work fine. Hopefully it'll work when I replace the ballast, thanks for the help boiis

>Perhaps I should have read the entire fucking post...

Yeah, because your first post was High Larry Ass but you know "pic unrelated" so you just seem kind or ornery.