How the fuck can you keep watching Initial D after Iketani gets royally fucked after trying to redeem himself...

How the fuck can you keep watching Initial D after Iketani gets royally fucked after trying to redeem himself? The Usui race is by far the most boring and drawn out with the most reused footage in the same race along with nothing interesting other than Mako fucking up at the very end, giving Takumi the race. The episode is just so fucking depressing it just feels out of place to have Iketani around the boys in the last few episodes with wounds that fresh.

On top of that, anyone new to the series would logically assume that this would get resolved in a later season or something only to get the dumpster fire that is Extra Stage 2 where it boils down to "Remember the time Iketani tried to become a better character and nearly succeeded? Yeah he gets even closer this time, but this time is the last time!" What the fuck is it with Shigeno and writing every single character that isn't Takumi in Initial D to be a massive fucking failure at everything, including racing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJF8Ou2j8
youtube.com/watch?v=XoTTXVNFEes
youtube.com/watch?v=ikSYSNnwDq0
youtube.com/watch?v=95nBnj_5L-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=fED-RpcFrG4
youtube.com/watch?v=10rijKzMLtU
youtube.com/watch?v=KNy9q34Hy58
youtube.com/watch?v=ajbKeTsbRp4
youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ3PM3hUXc
youtube.com/watch?v=xY-sJTQeNNo
youtu.be/crDZo3j-xss
youtu.be/KEMYEoOxEdw
youtube.com/watch?v=PqPczxdpVP0
youtube.com/watch?v=TPVoB6FKjrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0mDYzu8jlFM
youtube.com/watch?v=IWhLyxpx1XM
youtube.com/watch?v=n24kUq7AyOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cfAL_G9pMkg
youtu.be/5BkA2czU9Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=L6dnnxMZUEU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Takumi got his fair share of suffering though when he got cucked by Benz guy and humiliated by AWD cars

Third Stage was a pretty decent conclusion. Just pretend everything else didn't happen.

I know Iketani is /ourguy/ but you might be taking this too personally.

Its just a squandering of a potentially good character, which is the entirety of the Initial D cast, wish is very disappointing

>we will never get a spin off series about the teams themselves instead of Tofu drifter wonder the show

The show became mainstream after stage 3. It stopped being interesting and decided to go full shonen route.

I still want a more slice of life version of the anime, with a more mature look at the characters instead of the races. But the few races that might be in, force-feed them full of eurobeat and shitty CGI from stage 2 without the wings bullshit from stage 5.

Not Op but I just finished stage three should I even bother with the rest?

rest is just racer of the week so dont even bother

Not a weeb, but isn't this how it usually goes in Anume? Most good romance plots don't get resolved, ever, at least from what I've seen.

eww what a weeb

Is the manga worth a look or did it go full shonen too?

Only if you wanna say "i finished it and i am done with it"

Becuase literally other than a single pretty good story arc in 5th stage there's nothing but racing and the expected plot

manga turned into a fucking soap opera

Why even breathe?

Ok satan, I'll take your word for it.
A soap about cars and character growth?

I still haven't made it through stage 4. Seeing kyoko was too painful.

*kyoko lose. fucking hell.

Nakazato and Shingo have bants behind the scenes in my heart

Oi! You're t-to close a stranger might think we're friends!

Keep the dream alive user.

Honestly, Initial D could've been a bit different. Takumi could stay as this savant racing god who wins because the gods of fortune decided "lol a purely cosmetic spoiler was the only reason the miata had traction", but he'd instead be a "deuteragonist" of sorts. It would instead focus on Itsuki, and by extension the Akina Speedstars, and how Takumi has inspired them to become better races. When Itsuki was mocked for mistakenly buying an AE85, he'd eventually become good enough to surpass Iketani and Kenji.

youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJF8Ou2j8

This scene would be played a bit differently, previously Takumi told Itsuki all about his car's quirks, and asks him to take the steering wheel to show these punks who's the boss. While he races, Itsuki would freak out at Takumi's suggestions of, say, using the gutter hook or drifting, but Takumi encourages him and tells him not to be afraid. When and if Project D comes around, I imagine that le simulations man would step down from racer and instead become manager/supervisor, and Nakazato joins them because, like Itsuki, he eventually grows to become a better driver, but unlike Itsuki, he has a very powerful car. They'd be similar in many ways, and opposite in others. Finally, the final race should have Project D against the Akina Speedstars, to show how much all of them have grown as racers and people, especially since Itsuki idolized Takumi throughout most of the show.

That sounds fucking great m8

I forgot to add; Takumi could have two rivals, one friendly and one unfriendly. The friendly one would be the guy with the MR2, except it's an AW11, effectively being a sibling to Takumi's AE86. His dad would be close friends with Bunta, and they'd show some banter between eachother. The enemy rival would be our boy Shingo, because everything about him is the opposite of Takumi; FWD vs RWD, Civic vs Corolla, Honda vs Toyota. And when Nakazato joins Project D, Shingo would always spectate matches, purely for the "people might think we're friends" joke.

Literally batshit insane rotarysexual girl

Man, why did we get stuck with the shitshow we got after stage 3? This could have been out future...

Is fwd really that bad?

I've seen some Audi A4 fwd hit 0-60 in 5.7 seconds stock.

I guess the turns aren't as "sporty" but they are accurate

People in this board like to shitpost because RWD have higher top limits for performance than FWD, yet its way more unforgiving. So benchracers think themselves somehow superior because they drive a car they cant even properly use. Specially since RWD is easier to drift with.

Top limits?
I'm surprised if some of these faggots even have a license.

Nothing wrong with fwd sports sedans and hot hatches IMO.

Agree. But because RWD are able to have a better exit speed and more grip overall everyone thinks that if you go FWD is because you are a fag even tho it would take years of very spirited driving to control an RWD car with the same safety you would control an FWD car.

It went full shonen because the original premise was spent.
>kid in old car
>not arrogant
>good because he practices every single night of his life for hours
>trashes weekend warriors with more money than sense
>sprinkled with wikipedia car facts
That couldn't sustain the run of the entire manga so it turned into muh dream and overcoming the laws of physics.

So money made TV execs decide to keep beating a dead horse? That's a shame.

I would really like a spin off too, like said, more about the life of the rest. What if Bunta decided to train Iketani like in the start of the series? What if Itsuki decided to train like fujiwara too?

The anime gets really drawn out at the end for money but it's a manga bro.

Friend says the same about Jo Jo.

I just cant bother myself to read manga. Maybe its the insane amount of hentai i've read.

recommend me some good eurobeat that isnt in the main series

Takumi, Made Of Fire, My King Is You, I wanna be fat, Bye Bye Girl and I wanna be were in i think the extra stages tho.

DDD initial D, And my favorite: Fly me to the moon and back.

Even then, most of the non-well-known eurobeat from the show is still fucking top tier. Nights in arabia, Stay, Rain, Wings of fire, Speed lover, supersonic fire, wheel power and go, Speedy runner, speed of light, disco fire, i wanna be the night (one of my favs), blackout, and dont stand so close to me.

All of them underrated gems. People that didn't truly search for the songs at best know about no more than 10.

Most of the eurobeat that the show used was fucking some of the best eurobeat out there and if you look for all of it you will have a shit ton. I personally like to download it all for the sake of it and have almost 100 songs just the ones that i like.

here's some gud ones i never ever hear anyone mention
>initial d
Beat Man - Tokyo Girls and Guys
Dave Rodgers - Wild Reputation 2005
Chris Stanton - A Perfect Hero
>seb
Cy-Ro - Intercooler
Nick Turbo - Tokyo Strike Force
Manuel - Adrenaline

A few months ago I decided to finally watch Initial D. I marathoned the whole first stage because it was that good, got second stage and I forgot about it after finishing the first arc. I wanted more but second stage so far seems to be pretty hard to sit through. Feels bad.

second stage is a huge drop off in quality from first stage, 3rd is better but still doesnt top 1st and then its just shit from that point on

Ken Blast, Touhou Eurobeat (some of them)

Alpha Town - The Power of My Love
The Asia Gang - Roppongi Suicide
Tension - Lost in Tokio
Frank Torpedo - Never Stop
Captain America - Space Fighter
Mako - Shellfire
Symbol - Sound of the Night
Mr. Groove - Highway Star

youtube.com/watch?v=XoTTXVNFEes
This for example
There's not a lot of TH Eurobeat on Youtube but you can download all of it and see if you like it

WOAH-OH OH, LOVE KILLER

>Ken Blast
DELET

youtube.com/watch?v=ikSYSNnwDq0

youtube.com/watch?v=95nBnj_5L-Y

youtube.com/watch?v=fED-RpcFrG4

>What if Itsuki decided to train like fujiwara too?
Series takes 6 year timeskip for tofu runs (that's 2190 times up and down mount Akina). Itsuki still not good because he's non-autistic and can't drive 1cm from the guardrail because he's bored. Bunta has never trained anyone, reminiscent to the time Takumi told him he figured out the gutter drop and he gave him a cryptic protip that there's another way to utilize it, which he had to figure out himself. It's Takumi who's special.

rfactor 1?

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=10rijKzMLtU
youtube.com/watch?v=KNy9q34Hy58

just use soulseekQt and download 'em, i got 2hu euro vol1 - vol14 and some Super Eurobeat releases from it, its pretty much where you search for obscure music

youtube.com/watch?v=ajbKeTsbRp4

youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ3PM3hUXc

what do i win

This is pretty hard to win at

you forgot "baby"

youtube.com/watch?v=xY-sJTQeNNo

>Intercooler
my negroid

Sounds like "Be There" to me.

there's no way that sounds like be there, who the fuck uploaded those lyrics?

The song is about being "back on the rocks", so it makes sense that you'll "be there" eventually. If someone had a copy of Super Eurobeat 77 (where the song debuted) and opened up the lyrics page, we'd come to the agreement.

should we rewrite it

is there a sweet spot of eurobeat not being shit?

Yeah its called all of it.

If you dont like eurobeat you just dont like eurobeat. Its always the same genre.

it seems like only one or two songs in each album are any good though, sometimes if i'm unlucky i can go through albums finding 100% shit

SEB shits out compilations every year, there is no way any of these albums are consistently good. I got all of the Initial D albums, sat down one day and just picked out my favorite ones and put them in a playlist. Then tracked down the remainder from my youtube favorites. So far I have 85 of these in my curated list and it's enough music for when the mood strikes. Eurobeat is one of those genres where it's all singles, don't even bother treating them as albums.

only first seasons were alright anyway. stay tuned for more itsuki abuse in scenario, writers clearly had difficult love life

TFW your love interest is a whore.

>TFW you live in jew york city and every relatively attractive girl has already been blacked and or is a whore on the side.

>Fly to me to the moon and back
10/10 taste user

youtu.be/crDZo3j-xss
Obligatory

youtu.be/KEMYEoOxEdw

What's the point in these races in story mode?

>im fucking plying any of us have access to an IDASv8 machine

>There will NEVER EVER be a spin off of this 2
I guess i´ll drive off a cliff

le simulations man and /ourguy/ look a lot different

Guys I just started watching Initial D and have only watched the first 2 episodes and I can feel myself turning into a weeb and hating shit that isn't Japanese what can I do to stop this

Finish the rest of that arc

there's no turning back now, prepare to be assimilated into the Weeaboo-Rotard Collective.

You don't.

lol

Managed to pass the driving exam yesterday, now I just need to wait until the actual license card is ready. Didn't even care about cars before watching the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=PqPczxdpVP0
youtube.com/watch?v=TPVoB6FKjrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0mDYzu8jlFM
youtube.com/watch?v=IWhLyxpx1XM
youtube.com/watch?v=n24kUq7AyOQ (I don't think this one was in Initial D)
youtube.com/watch?v=cfAL_G9pMkg
youtu.be/5BkA2czU9Zc

There also used to be Niko single called "Super Eurobeat" but it got deleted off of youtube. Song was pretty great, such a shame I can't find it anymore. If anybody has it I'd love a dl link.

Now get a girlfriend

youtube.com/watch?v=L6dnnxMZUEU
huey lewis tier

album 197 has it

WHY LIVE

>die
fucking lel

>How the fuck can you watch initial D?*

once again the furry embarrasses himself on the automotive shitposting bulletin board

>i said he embarrassed himself, that means it's true! btfo!

it keeps happening

I unironically want to get an RX-7 and put a bunch of rotary meme stickers (Dorito Power, shimapan rotor), but I'm too scared of the apex seals meme. Could I meet up with fellow rotards in NJ and they could help me rebuild the engine? I deliver car parts to mechanics as a job, and all the mechanics I asked said they cannot work on rotary engines.

I just want to live the meme, get an FD3S with a KEKSUKE vanity plate.

>if i just keep saying it, it'll be true!

i imagine rebuilding a dorito spinner is easy as piss, rebuilding a piston engine isnt the most difficult job in the world and a potato rotator has 100x less moving parts

Yiff in hell
There are youtube tutorials on how to rebuild them, they are fucking simple as shit

I know rotary engines quite literally only consist of a dozen unique parts (and there are more bolts than parts), but I also heard you need a certain quality apex seal set and you need to balance them properly or you might screw things up. Plus I've read that premixing oil is preferable since the oil pumps only squirt oil in the middle of the rotor, there's a whole lotta shit I need to know first.