/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got fucked by virtue of being a straight sword user:
>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>Discord-sponsored tournament on March 25:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdE5nW644n-uDkR2sLrJD--n4Nsynw2f9GP2BJOrNUBpgiBiw/viewform

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtu.be/igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtu.be/j8Ke647-xsU
Ringed Knight set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (SPOILERS): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILERS): sendvid.com/ppo6urmb
Famitsu screenshots: imgur.com/a/A6diD
Gameplay from PAX East stream: mega.nz/#!nFUhTJTY!sVWEb4jeiteATO9mFWKPmtOuyPQiPI6IKEWXH1uS3qo
PvP arena screenshots: steamcommunity.com/games/374320/announcements/detail/261612445216430867
ADP arena: youtu.be/G-ogfoPhz64
Grand Archives arena: youtu.be/UVM4AsXX4yk
Bamco stream (PvP, some weapon stats): mega.nz/#!7YNUhbZB!IXABnYIRQR9GQd030iLgOAMR30ExztE-qdV9RdQKysc
Bamco stream (PvE, nothing new): mega.nz/#!fYUhiA7b!bb9K_rKuPVb3vg4OLvWAsab5r_7h0TOyO6IxnjKvPi0
Weapon stats: imgur.com/a/00ozT
IGN PvP gameplay (weapon showcase with shitty players): youtu.be/HFR6YZTlNz8 youtu.be/CH-ZJfeO9iw
IGN PvE gameplay (nothing new before 5:54): youtu.be/F61tviDEgi0
Gamespot first boss fight (SPOILERS): youtu.be/ttTyzbyUtTs

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566
dscmstat.us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>patchnotes not in OP
apply yourself.

Is Silvercat Ring droppable?

I missed it, and proper bow on my last cycle, and I have other characters with Silvercat I could give, so I'd just like to get proper bow on another cycle.

>My next cycle is NG+5, so I'm kind of not wanting to do another one 'cause I'm still only 150.

is Estoc + Havel's still a dickbutt combo?

4th for best dragon

>what is store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

And thus began the reign of Great Corvian Dagger alongside Poison Rotten Ghru Dagger.

Look again.

>Increased the damage of Poison and Toxic dealt by players, and shortened its duration.
What did they mean by this?

pretty sure it is

It means that the total damage is the same but it now does that damage over a shorter period of time.

It also means that this only applies to the status if a player triggers it, and not if it's triggered by the environment/pve

Did you mean Havel's + Warpick? If so then yes, and when the new patch rolls in, hell yes

Well, yeah. But does it mean that poison /toxic will be actually useful in pvp?

meant Havelshield + Estoc turtling

if that's not viable anymore good fucking riddance

Does Sunlight do best with something like 60 Faith and 20/20 for Str/Dex, or 40/40 Str/Dex?

Until the game introduces interesting ways to play around shields in pvp, yes.

It's not actually particularly strong anymore in 3 because the estoc was nerfed and shield counters do exist, it's just really fucking boring to play against. Most of your wins will come from people that just don't have the patience to counter you, or otherwise forgot to carry a proper anti-shield option

bamp for lewds.

Yes since Poison does a lot of damage as is if you wait out the status bar but it takes so long it never does a noticeable amount in fights.

>lacking reading skills
apply yourself.

It is. I dropped it for an user just a week or two ago.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

Gimme the lewds

Will sorcery ever be good again?

what builds in this game are still fun
what builds does this new patch at least seem to be helping out/making worse

I JUST CAME BACK AND WHAT THE FUCK ARE THESE PATCH NOTES

ARE THEY FUCKING REAL?

Heavy armor ultra great weapons

Nerfing refined and bleed

Not while Memezaki controls the ship friendo. Swing a weapon or swing yourself into a noose.

Post cute witches

Sorcerery isn't bad pve wise just underwhelming. Did you mean pvp? Cause there's no better feeling then sneaking up on a host and crystal soul spearing em.

no they're fake

patch out on Friday

We did a strawpoll on which notes would seem the best and did an epic troll using hackers

>Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
>Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
>Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.

No way this is real. No fucking way.

>Wildly swinging nerf and buffs, still no cure for Magic being dogshit outside of pyro
Believe it user.

But the crystal spear is useless if it doesn't kill in a single hit

>Cause there's no better feeling then sneaking up on a host and crystal soul spearing em.
>Host loses a third of their health
>Host proceedes to chug sunny D then shoves his short sword down the casters throat
Best feeling.

WHY ARE THEY NOT BUFFING WHIPS?

Damn i want to fug Karla

>hit someone in the back with CSS
>start casting another one the instant the first has left my staff
>second is mid-air before the first has even hit the target
>first one lands
>host panic rolls once and then chugs
>chug happens so fast it heals him before the second one lands
And he has more estus than I have casts of this spell. Fuck DaS3.

Yeah it usually doesn't ohko but brings em down to very low health. That's why you have homing spells/a straight sword/spear on the side to finish em off.

>Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Spear and Follower Sabre

So, does that mean the attacks come out quicker, or does it mean that their hitbox only applies damage in a smaller unit of time?

It means they're slower. It's just an awkward translation of awkward japanese phrasing.

I read that as a longer attack window for consecutive swings, so a nerf to r1 spam.

on release I spent hours invading before yorm and soul streaming down that hallway were hosts and friends would gather. I don't actually know if obscuring ring hides at the edge of lockon distance but I was using it and constantly blasting the whole squad at once. no one seems to summon there any more though

>making ultra weapons great again
>nerfing katanas and CSS

I think I'm gonna cum

I assumed it meant shorter attack range, given that those are some of the longest weapons in their class

Why would you summon for the second easiest gimmick boss? He only slightly edges out the Wyvern in toughness.

I assume it means that the amount of time that the weapon actually does damage during the swing animation is reduced?

Dumb animeposter

>Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt's Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede's Great Scythe.
>but not Irithyll Rapier
Why is this? It it because it's the only one out of the three that's affected by Leo Ring?

>new ending
Do people actually expect this?

it's fun

because the Rapier is already decent

I'm not expecting it but I'm not going to rule it out either.

Spotted the salty dexfag
Prepare to be FUGS'ed

I usually don't summon for DS3 because it's the most unfun thing I can do, not because I want a challenge, but because it will most likely not work and I will get stuck with a boss that has a huge healthpool and my phantom will be stuck on the other side of the fog wall unable to come in. Honestly the netcode is one thing I wish they'd fix. Weapon buffs and nerfs are great, but I would think that the netcode is something they would have high priority on fixing.

>One day away from release
>Still no leaks on the ending or final boss
COME THE FUCK ON

I really wish there was some proper way to finding out who the invader was other than having CE on at all the times. Seriously, why don't we get Steam Profile ID as an option to show character name like on consoles.

Had a dumb invader with Gotthard Memesword with max estus. He kept trading with me not realizing mace's superior poise trading capabilities, then just stood by fucking blue knight. I just went ahead threw firebombs then started boss fight. I wish I had some dung pies to throw at him.

>increased defense of heavy armor
Oh hell ye-
>and weight

I really want to believe they're increasing the defense a lot more than they're increasing the weight, but who the hell knows

It comes out seven days from now, not one.

It releases in a week, ***ga.

wait I thought it came out on the 25th, which is 4 days from now.

One week from release user.
Week.

Steam > View > Players

Reminder that if you haven't played Demon's Souls you're not a true Souls fan and are pretty much sub-human

>one phrase
>four wildly different interpretations

Well, good to see From is shooting for the same community response to their patch notes as they are their lore.

mong?

>not owning a time machine and playing it tomorrow

>Seriously, why don't we get Steam Profile ID as an option to show character name like on consoles.
You can check that from your steam profile tho, just see who you played with recently

It comes out on the 28th at midnight CET.

>he didn't play it yesterday

Demon Souls = Worst Souls.

>Demon Souls
>Dark Souls babbys don't even know it's Demon'S Souls

This . . .actually works. Though I'll have to figure out who's who if more than 1 phantom present.

Doesn't helps. Steam likes to add in people who were trying to connect to me and failed. I think half of them are Blue's game is trying to connect me with but something just happens.

I was surprised by how not boring Yhorm without Siegward or Storm Ruler was.

>mfw invaded in lothric castle
>he attacks me while im fighting lothric knights
>already half ded
>kill knights
>roll away from invader
>bait parry
>land parry
>im using smoughs hammer
>he dies from full health

k

Thread is completely dead so why not blog

>Thread is completely dead

Bullshit. It keeps rising until its purpose is fulfilled. It's as Undead as any of us.

Post WebMs then. Much more fun to watch them than read blogs.

Can I use GFS in the tournament since it's getting nerfed?

Glaives and halberds are a miracle of the universe.

>tfw an ugs user cheaps through the brackets

>currently 1am
>have been playing since 11am yesterday

my head hurts

So what Ultra Greatswords are actually fun to use in anticipation of fridays patch?

Okay, someone help me make this work. I'm doing a build that's centered exclusively on using the door shields with GMS, and side miracles for maximum co-op.

The whole problem is that the attempt to diversify with a single sorcery and support miracles, along with minimal addition to Attunement, leaves it severely stretched out. I'm not even sure that Sacred Oath would be worth it (even for PvE), in which case I could simply strip the Faith and bump it into Attunement for more FP and slots, and maybe branch into Snap Freeze and possibly Pestilent Mercury. Not having to constantly have Darkmoon Ring equipped would also free up a ring slot for things like Skull Ring or Chloranthy +2.

F

I like the zwei.

I wish there was some short of character viewer to see how armors and shit fits in your character before going for them

I don't really buy anything on steam, since I prefer having physical copies of my games, but I couldn't find Dark Souls 1 in any shop, so I figured maybe I'd buy it straight from Steam.

So I've got two questions:
Is there a way to predict when there will be a sale on DaS 1? Do they give this info beforehand?

And the second thing is: is the game still alive? Will I be able to find people to duel and invade?

I like the Profaned Greatsword and Farron's ultra greatsword. The latter is pretty bad objectively - parriable, no str bonus for two handing, low damage, but it's just fun to use for me.

All of them except the Farron Memesword

does the way of the blue work better in the early game?

Was ruined by your host Bowing.

Wait for announcements on the front page for sales. These happen very regularly, at least once per season (Easter sale, summer sale, Halloween sale, Christmas sale), with frequent publisher clearances and more. Best way is to add DaS1 to your wishlist and get the automatic notification via e-mail that it's on sale.

The game still gets occasional activity, but you need at least two mods installed for it to reach functionality. Duels don't seem to happen much, if at all, but you may get the occasional invader.

>And the second thing is: is the game still alive? Will I be able to find people to duel and invade?

About half of the PC players use DSCM, you can see their numbers here: dscmstat.us/

>yfw last TRC area is literally Undead Asylum

>yfw it's the Undead Asylum, but as it was before it became as such--back when it was a chapel of Velka

Doubt it. We're going even further into the past than Dark Souls 1, we're going to the ringed city which is from Gwyn's reign.

>invade in lothric castle
>host and his phantom are cheesing the wyverns to death
>wait for them to finish
>jump down and 1-shot the host with a plunging attack