Lincoln is building a full size flagship called the CD714 according to leaked documents

Lincoln is building a full size flagship called the CD714 according to leaked documents

There are rumors that is could be a mustang based coupe, however sports car sales are in the toilet and it would make no sense for Lincoln considering brand Philosophy

nseavoice.com/cars/lincoln-rwd-luxury-sedan-is-development-in-motion-92004254.html

Will the yacht return?

It'll be all for shit if its ecotoot only. really wish ford would stop putting their own V8s down.

Its like a dude with un-controllable white-guilt
>"i'm SORRY i'm white
>"i'm SORRY i'm MALE!
>"i'm SORRY MY ENGINE ISN'T ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ENOUGH

I don't expect Lincoln to get on Cadillac's level of RWD chassis as Cadillac really worked hard on the Alpha and Omega chassis but if Lincoln actually did make a good modern mafia land-yacht id forgive em for the taurus continental.

The D6 platform is modular, capable of AWD/FWD/RWD

also 1-5 billion went into it's development

>There are rumors that is could be a mustang based coupe,
DID YOU SAY LINCOLN MARK IX?

>1-5 billion went into it's development
Holy (fuck)ing shit.. this is making me hot. this could be very stiff competition to Cadillac's Omega platform. Ford isn't fucking around with this one (i hope).

That's a lot of money to throw at this.

I wish

A full size makes sense because of China, but they wouldn't sell at all in the US

/Pol/ get out

Fuck off Lincoln shills

not familiar with the "taurus commerical" can someone explain?

What?

I'd love a modern land yacht

the new continental is based on the new Taurus, and it's a FWD turbo 6 instead of a fullsized rwd V8.

basically it's sacrilege against what the continental should be

Just because its based on a mustang platform doesn't mean it will look anything like a sportscar.

Ford probably needs the RWD platform to make it since they don't have any other RWD car based platforms.

Developing new one just for the sake of Lincoln is not only expensive but fool hardy if Lincoln keeps stagnating in sales.

the demand is there, judging by how many more panthers I see on the road as private cars since oil collapsed

Ok whats the average demographic that drives panthers?

Figured that part out?

Now do those said people have money to afford a new Lincoln without using food stamps?

I wonder if there wouldn't be a market in China for something like a Mk IX, considering how much Chinese tastes seem to mirror American tastes from decades past.

Do a short wheelbase version of the new Continental with short pillar-less suicide doors for rear access.

Definitely not all niggers, if that's what you mean

I've seen a pretty mixed bunch. more than a few young people, some more towards middle age, and I know one old lady who's simply had hers since it was new

Loads of old people still buy Lincolns in the US. They're also popular with Asians and Mexicans here for some reason.

I drove a 94 Caprice until my engine started acting badly. I loved feeling like the king of the road, big interior, large hood, the shiny hood ornament. That warm feeling of seeing my barge in the parking lot among compacts was nice. Since I cant daily the caprice anymore because of upkeep, I bought a crown vic interceptor so I could try to keep the feeling. It's Not as big, or powerful but its still a nice large rwd sedan...
I honestly don't know if I can go back to fwd or small sedans again. If I ever get the chance to buy a nice new car, I want it to be a full sized rwd land yacht. This fills me with hope that the option will be there.

actually, iirc, luxury cars in china are specifically given a longer wheelbase for their market. this even apploes to shit like Ford and GM.

iirc, Volvo's new S90, is going to be available in the US in the long wheelbase version soon or something.

I genuinely like the S90's appearance, so hearing that we are gonna get a long wheelbase version inspires hope for at least luxobarge Renaissance.

the 90's Caprice was really one of my favorite things ever. Those half covered rear arches were pure sex, i didn't give a fuck if it was impractical.

personally I don't think FWD is entirely a problem. As long as it's a floaty V8 boat I can swallow FWD, (though RWD will always be king)

Presumably a coupe would be on a shorter wheelbase.