Is the 86 reliable and cheap to maintain like a Camry?

Is the 86 reliable and cheap to maintain like a Camry?

It's more like a Corolla

It's nothing like either of them. Just because it has a toyota badge doesn't mean its a toyota. The thing is literally 90% Subaru inside, Subaru engine, transmission and all.

It's more akin to the reliability of almost any Subaru by comparison

Its an ancient subaru engine in a toyota what do you think?

>ancient
It's the fa20, not the ej25

Nothing is as reliable and resilient as a good econobox, they literally have billions of dollars poured into them.

The lower volume the car, the less reliable it will be. There isn't enough R&D money to go around. For example, a BMW 7-series will be generally less reliable than a 3-series. The owners know it and just deal with it, for the good sides the car does have.

>reliable

Source?

anecdotal evidence

>JD power metrics
>anecdotal
The only thing that's anecdotal is the evidence that you're not a fag.

I guess that's expected from Hyundai shitposters

FRS has better predicted reliability, nice try dickhead

Congrats, you're the faster runner in the special Olympics

I'm not the one coming in with fake news, kill you are self

>kill you are self
3rd worlders butt blasted as usual. Enjoy your spark plug change.

Don't you have some dicks to wash?

Just so we're straight here, was it the spark plugs or the 3rd worlder comment that just made you give up and mumble something about /pol/? Personally the spark plugs would have gotten to me.

None of those got to me.
1. I'm American
2. I don't own a car
3. You need to go back

Those spark plugs are a complete bitch though.

Fucking busrider

Where is your car?

>boxer engine
>cheap (easy) to maintain
lmaoing at your statement right now

Aside from spark plugs what's the issue?

Well basically anything. It lays flat so the Camshafts, heads, valves, pistons, basically anything is hard to get to. I feel like simple maintenance would require pulling the whole engine out.

Camshafts,heads,valves,pistons, is not regular maintenance

>regular maintenance

Well if all you do is spark plugs and coil packs, oil/transmission/brake fluid, and antifreeze then spark plugs are the only issue. If you do anything besides that like maybe a belt change or water pump change then it might be hard, haven't looked at someone do that change.

>predicted reliability
>predicted

Timing belt/waterpump is at 100k miles and is done for little under 1k at reputable shops.
Look at who I was replying to and what he was claiming 1/2

>Gets super ass ruptured over a car
>I don't own a car
Never change Veeky Forums

I did sparkplugs and the waterpump on my Boxster, it was pretty fucking easy. Can't really say anything about the FRS but boxer engines aren't the issue

2/2
Sad that someone without a car knows more than shitposters here

>Toyota: designed car, supplied DI, 8AT from IS-F
>Aisin: 6MT
>Subaru: everything else

That's just it, boxer layout is the issue. The bay is very fucking cramped and the spark plug location is inherently in a bad place with a boxer engine.

Aisin is Toyota

Except it isn't, the problem is the engine bay itself

>Sad that someone without a car knows more than shitposters here
No what's sad is how easy to b8 FRS owners are. You dick riders are why the car is now the staple tumor of any already cancerous car meet.

Don't blame the owners, blame the autists that are triggered by it

>any other engine would have no accessibility issues
>it's the car not the boxer

>Don't blame the owners, blame the autists that are triggered by it
So blame the FRS/GT86/BRZ owners then? Because those are the autist sperging out in every thread.

It literally is the car

>So blame the FRS/GT86/BRZ owners then? Because those are the autist sperging out in every thread
What do you expect when some rampant autist makes multiple 76 shitpost threads with the little moderation we have here, you are just as bad as those turbo autists

And here's a spark plug change, much easier to deal with than a Subaru

There you go autismo. Don't blame me that the car user base is full of faggots. I'm not making the threads. Quit making yourself easy targets that hilariously lash out like babies.

All crowds have select few shitty users, Mustangs,Challengers,Hondas,Volkswagens. Stop being a sperg and let people enjoy what they have, it's not like the 86 owners her have them riced or stanced out

>Stop being a sperg and let people enjoy what they have
You seem to be confused, I'm not doing any sperging like you. I'm not making these threads. This is one of the first time I've ever replied to one. Every single 86 thread is filled with hilariously sad owner freak outs. You don't even know who you're attacking at this point. Congrats, on confirming once again the owners are retarded.

>it's not like the 86 owners her have them riced or stanced out
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The only one here confused it you m8

Oh my bad, YOU DON'T EVEN OWN A FUCKING CAR.

Fuck off retard millennial

Yes.

So I have no bias here, the 86 is great but autists like you get assmad about it. What car do you have?

a real one, time to go bus rider

The amount of damage control, at least I admitted it while you cry and show no proof of any car. Keep sperging

Look everyone, it's the problem with Veeky Forums.
>Doesn't own a car
>Thinks he has valid opinions about automobiles
Come back your experience with cars wasn't changing the oil with your dad and Mechanic Simulator.

You wait 3 hours to reply, sad! How does it make you feel knowing a guy without a car knows more than you do?

I actually do own a BRZ and you're making me cringe. There needs to be a board where you cant post unless you have a pic of timestamp on hood or something.

How exactly am I "making" you cringe? If you scroll up you'll notice there's a forced meme claiming Hyndai genesis coupe is reliable while the 86 isnt.

>climbs way up under the car and takes off skid covers
>easier than opening the hood
I mean it's still easy but it's definitely more annoying than a standard car.

You do realize that's the sedan you fucking moron.The sedan's are actually a decent vehicle, but you wouldn't know that because you don't even own a fucking vehicle. You're a fucking Veeky Forums caricature.

Sedan/coupe what difference does it make they're both cheap Korean crap. Funny how on that shitposters picture he didn't even bother to check the predicted reliability. Sad to see so many angry souls ITT

>predicted reliability
That's just a prediction, not actual facts. You though Hillary was going to win didn't you?

>Sedan/coupe what difference does it make
Yeah that ignorant statement basically sums up the extend of your knowledge bus catcher. Hint: it's a big difference.
>predicted reliability
Yeah because who cares when you have ACTUAL.

Thanks for another reminder that this place is full of people who know nothing about cars, cringe lord.

My point exactly, but some Hyundai fanboys wanna try to force some fake information when it isn't even "predicted" to be true.

A flat boxer engine will never be as reliable as a inline engine.
With a boxer motor every bump you hit makes the heads try to shoot towards the ground, causeing them to have head gasket failure far soonerthan an engine with the head directly above the block like an inline.
With an inline engine every bump you hit is effectively causeing the head to experience g forces in the down direction actually causing the head to sandwich down on the gasket more.
If toyotas typically had boxer engines in themmin stead of inlines or v engines, you wouldnt hear about them going 300-400 thousand miles so often.

>He belives this

Top kek

I thought all Japanese cars are Asian

You're trying too hard now

>timing belt

>a flat boxer will never be as reliable as an inline
citation needed

> With a boxer motor every bump you hit makes the heads try to shoot towards the ground, causeing them to have head gasket failure far soonerthan an engine with the head directly above the block like an inline.

This isn't what caused old EJ25's from 2005 to blow head gaskets. That was caused by boiracers who would redline and drive the shit out of their car then complain when the car, clutch, or tranny takes a dump on them for driving like ass. Your claims aren't documented anywhere and no where will you ever find an article describing the phenomena you've bullshitted

>The lower volume the car, the less reliable it will be. There isn't enough R&D money to go around. For example, a BMW 7-series will be generally less reliable than a 3-series. The owners know it and just deal with it, for the good sides the car does have.
>BMW's Flagship model
>Less money for R&D than a 3 series

That makes zero sense at all.

Your guys problems is that you're all boxer cucks.

>makes a claim
>sauce?
>BOXUR KEK

Even then, there is no evidence of newer EJ25 or FA20 headgaskets from blowing

No. FA20 tends to have plenty of issues. Fucking cam plates leak garaunteed.

Hitting redline should not be bad for an engine unless you do it all the time. The wrx barely makes any power until your close to redline anyways so that is a retarded design flaw. Subaru a shit.

>2. I don't own a car