/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1218 - Joey edition
Previous thread: >The Basics
ACNL Basics Guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC Wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_Crossing_Wiki
Nookipedia - nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - animalcrossing.us/animal-crossing-new-leaf-brand-new-catch-march/

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum Checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/ imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo Cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Current DLC
JP - Holden's RV
JP - Narrow clock

>Upcoming Birthdays
21st - Elise
22nd - Paula
23rd - Axel
24th - Skye

>Holidays & Events
;_;

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/Camper Reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=6376700
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've scanned Stella into my RV campsite. Would anyone like to visit her?

I have a dimetrodon skull, styraco skull, and mammoth skull to give away.

You're making the rest of us frogs look bad by associating with ducks.

Cookie Peggy need loving new homes, /acg/

Yes

How are your turnip prices?
I'm constantly decreasing. Started with 87 on Monday now down to 76.

Gate's open

yo uh i dont really play these games that much anymore but heres something i drew because these two are so cute, i shat this out in like 1-2 mins and cant really draw people interacting

maybe someday ill play NL more, or the gcn version

Biff asked me for a peach. It's the only fruit I don't have. Would I be able to get one?

Would I be able to stop by sometime?

Nice sketch. That Marshal (?) looks like a pair of saggy breast from the thumbnail.

I can give you one. Can you trade me a cherry That's the only fruit I am missing

Did you just assume my species?

Were you posting someone else's pictures? Disgusting.

Gate's open

Added. I'll open my gates, just ignore my shitty town

#FrogLivesMatter

>wanted to continue my campsite research this month after a hiatus from AC
>get yet again another villager I always wanted for my town
Oh well.

After the NL update in November, I got curious if the usual 20%-25% chance for a camper to show up has been increased or decreased.
I started doing resets whenever I had 9 villagers. Sometimes I'd keep daily tabs if a camper showed up or not.
I know most of you already have your dream villagers or use cards to acquire them easily. I did this research out of curiosity.

Here are the results so far. I'll still keep track of this data to refine the accuracy of the % chance for a villager to show up:

I took a total of 105 campsite checks thus far. It's not enough to estimate the exact chance, but it should give a rough estimate with a margin of error ~5%.

Pic related, it's the notepad I keep track of all this. I listed in sets of 10 checks (marked with roman numbers) where each set has its own % chance attached. Then I wrote for each month the final chance for a villager to show up. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong with any of those numbers.

Currently the chance for a villager to show up in your campsite is 25/105, or 5/21 (23.8%).
The chance that I speculate to be is 1/4 (25%). The true exact chance is between 20% and 25% (because random number generators aren't perfect).

In conclusion, nothing seems to have changed since the update.

Unrelated to what I mentioned above, I'm looking for the following items:
>Kitchen Sink, Kitchen Corner. Refrigerator
>3DSs from RVs except Mabel and HHD (unfortunately I don't have many tickets to use)
Can offer bells, bushes, trees and items I may have in my catalog. For the 3DSs can offer in addition some fortune cookie tickets, unfortunately nothing above #50.

Mint the snooty squirrel is in boxes today in case anyone wants her.

she's best squirrel when she's mad. love to talk to her by her animations alone.

I just ordered the fridge, kitchen corner and kitchen sink. I'll be ready in about 2 hours if you'd be willing to wait.

Anybody who got hollys/pine trees?
I would be very thankful even for one.

Hey Wrassler, look who's visiting today.

Thanks a lot! Anything you need in return?
Also does your town have 10 villagers? I can't remember if someone adopted Static or not.

I've got 10 villagers so no worries.

And I'm not really searching for anything at the moment so it doesn't matter if you give me anything in return or not.

Alright let me know when you're ready.

probably my hardest retexture yet because the texture is a fucking mess
i feel good about this though. oak leaves will be much easier i think

>tt to get Mint in boxes,
>morning turnip price day before is 487

welp, i guess i could hold it for a few hours in case anyone wants to sell them now.

shit dude ill definitely take you up on your offer. ill post my fc when im back in a few minutes and get my turnips in proper storage

Damn, that looks good.

np, also i'll be putting some stuff to giveaway, out of my head i recall:

-bug mask
-marine pop wall, other fish tourney furniture
-gulliver thailand tuk tuk

Will you be on in 2 hours?

I found Lion Town's mayor account on Pixiv:

pixiv.net/member.php?id=6376700

would i be able to stop by real quick?

I resetted the clock to 9am so i guess yes.

I have a question, if i let the clock hit 12pm and the turnip price changes and then i go back to the morning the price will be respected or it goes random again?

added you, opening in 3 mins.
meh town, mayor javs.

I'm gonna invade too, just FYI

I'm back.
Oh, looks we've already added each other!
I just gotta put the turnips in storage if the offer is still open.

Quick question, is it worth getting the 3ds just for this game at this current time? Always had an interest in the series but only recently started to consider getting it.

you can always come whenever you see the door open
perfect, feel free to get on now then.

Also i forgot to add there's a perfect painting for the taking and redd is about to open in 2 minutes in case anyone wants to order whatever he has in his tent.

It really depends on if you like AC or not. Since you've never played it, I'd recommend emulating with AC:Gamecube or Wild World to see if it appeals to you. If you like it, maybe it's worth it.
They are both easy to emulate. City Folk may leave a bad taste in your mouth if you try that first.

Cool cool. Thanks again. I may check out Redd's gallery if that's alright.

I'm new here, you guys add eachother by your names?

let me put it this way: I pirated my 3ds to play it and ended up spending around $150 in amiibo cards and don't feel bad at all. comfyness+replayability are good on my book.

We usually only add each other when we have business. To add someone you need their name and their Friend Code

I've been watching the games on youtube, streams, etc. Have tried emulating City Folk, which I did enjoy, and currently have Wild World on my phone and I am having fun with it, just despise the controls due to the small screen. So, overall, I belive it's my type of game, my main concern is if they stop supporting the 3ds now that the switch is out.

Reminder that Elvis is moving out on the 28th, if anyone wants him.

im ready

there was a huge update for this very game back in november so that's highly unlikely.

>if they stop supporting the 3ds now that the switch is out.

I don't think you need to worry about that. If anything they would end WiiU internet support before 3DS. While the Switch is also a psuedo-handheld, the 3DS has an absolutely enormous consumer base, and Nintendo would be pretty damn silly to try to end support for its financial safetynet right now. Especially if the alternative is expensive, has few games currently, and has paid internet.
Plus as said, New Leaf got a giant update a few months ago so dropped support is unlikely.
tl;dr It should be fine.

Really? What do amiibo cards really offer? I heard you can force villagers to move in but that's about it.

they're compatible with a wii u game, but theres two of those minigames included in new leaf, also support the cards. It's a typical Nintendo collectible toy scam but i like to collect them so i guess i fell for that one.

-they help with an in game currency for new furniture pieces
-also they can be used in happy home designer, another AC game, but that's if you got that one too.

I think I have a holly start or two if you need one

how many would you like/use? question also goes for ghostie but i never coincide with her in the thread. I could maybe get a bunch of both today.

I'll add you quick and could you please open your gates?
As much as possible.

I guess you're right... I was just really concerned because I did the stupid mistake of buying a Wii near it's death bed aswell, literally a few months after spending money on it Nintendo anounced they were going to drop support on it, ever since then I've been holding back on buying consoles.

gotcha, gimme a sec

and gates are open

this was me, just got back and got a shit on of both, if you happen to not use some check here for ghostie or other anons who may use them, let me know when you get back from

By holly, do you mean the christmas flowers? not the island hibiscus? because if so, that sounds really neat

yeah i see where you're coming from. only difference is that the wiiu came out which was the direct successor to the wii. the switch isnt the direct successor to the 3ds.

Im back.

yeah, you can get hollies in this game. Leif starts selling them when you upgrade the store to T.I.Y. iirc

thanks for being my town's very first visitor btw

seems like i have you so i'll open in a sec.

Visiting towns is always fun to me.

Strong do you still need pine trees, I have about 12 sitting in my lockers for a while now that you can have.

I take them with pleasure!

I'm still waiting for you with my town gate open and 20 hollies and like 10 pines too.

Well, I'll let you get to him first.

OK I'm around now. Can I drop off Katie too?

Im ready.

sure come around

Gates should be open

To give you a more in depth explanation, where I sit in my apartment I'm about 5 feet from my router, but for 6 more days I'm in a place where I'm 30ish feet from my router, a few walls between them, and a known wireless pair of headphones that interfere with the 2.4 GHz internet 3ds's use.

You helped me alot.
I appreciate it.

Got it.

So my turnip prices will be 243 for the next 6 hours if anyone wants to cash out early

I finally got Ankha's card. Now to deal with the guilt of throwing out a villager to bring Ankha back.

Damn, i forgot that moe was in my void ...

Well, I suppose it could be worse, assuming Xavier didn't have 10.

shit i still have ten and i wanted him :c

also i went back to before 12pm and turnips stay at 487, yay!

>turnips stay at 487
Would you mind if I stop by or are you busy?

I'm not sure I understand void clearing yet (I read the pastebin). Is my void automatically cleared if I visit someone with 10, or should I only visit people with 10 until it clears itself after so many days?

>I believe I already have you? gonna add some fb spanish dudes and open so yeah come around if you see a space.

Are you no longer interested in adopting Caroline?

>Is my void automatically cleared if I visit someone with 10

Yes

Im not sure aswell.

Yup! I'll keep an eye out then, thank you!

>greentext
I'm here since rage comics and this keeps happening to me.

which day is she up for adoption? put her picture and if no user wants her i'll gladly have her.

She's not moving out yet. I thought you said a while back you'd be interested in adopting her

I still want another normal. I wanted to make her mint's neighbor and she's leaving now tho :c

I need to get some signatures for a petition for Marshal. Can I visit someone's town?

furniture is on premium if anyone wants to sell

Sure, gimme a sec to add you.

I still have Stella in my RV campsite. Would anyone like to visit her?

Gates open.

Mind if I stop by again if you're still on? Gotta cash out early.

Kind of a shot in the dark, but does anybody have an ornate outfit? Gracie is here today to check, but it's too late to get mail in time from my catalog.

So I am probably gonna kick out Tiffany is anyone interested in adopting here either today or relatively soon?

i would love to have her in my town, i have someone moving out soon (Bella), but not until the 30th

You could TT to get Bella moved out, then go back to your original date.

Hey. Need signatures for a petition. Anyone open?
Also I have summer Isabelle camping out if anyone wants to buy stuff from her.

You can come on over to my place if you want

Cool, thank you. Added you to my friend list.