LOL. People are willing to pay up to $4900 for a "cuck myself out of control of my own car" feature

LOL. People are willing to pay up to $4900 for a "cuck myself out of control of my own car" feature.

Totally legit journal source: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0968090X17300682

yeah, I doubt these people actually know how to drive or live in a city, maybe they just ride the bus

pretty much this.

probably bus riders or no car niggers who are too lazy to operate things on their own, so they rely on the machine to do it all for them. I hate the new era of tech, but then again I love it at the same time.

I just hope a ban on human operated cars never happens, because I fear this may happen one day in my life if i'm not dead by then.

>I just hope a ban on human operated cars never happens, because I fear this may happen one day in my life if i'm not dead by then.
same

thanks to america's wonderful driver's education system.

If normies can't park, let them pay the cuck tax.

Beats having these cunts 30cm over the line in my spot.

Go fuck yourselves, you self righteous dicks

Self driving cars are the best thing that's ever happened to the automotive world. It'll will create a HUGE divide between the cars that are built and why they're built. On one side you'll have the Corollas/Civics/C-class's/minivans/etc that are just there to be comfortable and economical and to hell with the driving sensation. All of that R/D that goes into brake feel and steering feel and handling won't be necessary if the car just drives itself and doesn't get itself into any precarious situations.

On the other hand, you'll have cars that are -built- to be driven, funded by the massive profits brought in from autonomous vehicles. The same sort of M4/GT86/S2000/Type R/Z06 cars that you guys secretly lust after, will be very available.

There are so many people out there who love driving, so there will always be a market for cars that are built for the driving sensation.

But what you fucking retards don't seem to realize is that there is a huge part of the population that HATES driving. The same sort of people that will drop a couple grand if it means riding around in a car that will drive itself far safer than any person.

You guys are serious idiots. Go fucking read some books.

people have become so lazy that automatic transmissions are still not enough
lol

People have been buying Autos for years.

I usually dislike posts like this but after watching a woman in a Crossover take a left turn a whole lane too wide and run over the toddler sized flex barrier
I realize it's better that some people don't control their death missiles themselves

they'll ban non-autonomous cars from driving on public roads, or just make insurance impossibly expensive.

>this is what this nigger believes

This kind of logic I don't like. Being an ameretard I love muh guns, muh cars, and muh self determination. By saying things like cars are death machines by the same token guns are also death machines and should be taken away.

link?

>go fucking read some books
>proceeds to make a bunch of shit up off the top of his head

If autonomous vehicles became extremely profitable why would car companies all of a sudden start selling sports cars for very cheap (extremely unprofitable).

Same as

Wut? A link to something I watched in person?

please?

I usually don't make snarky bus rider jokes but if you want a self-driving car you are literally better off taking the bus.

a Bus won't bring you to your direct location tho.

then uber or go walk some you fat fuck

>ban non-autonomous cars from driving on public roads
This will happen in Europe
>or just make insurance impossibly expensive.
And this will happen in America

Idiot. Nobody is saying YOU have to stop driving.

Neither of those will happen, seriously stop.

>let them pay the cuck tax

In the little box next to the bus driver.

>huge part of the population that HATES driving

t.busriders

haha take my upbote fellow redditor

Corollas are unironically fun as fuck to drive, user.

>make insurance impossibly expensive

Insurance is highly regulated. (((They))) can't just charge whatever they want.

tell that to michigan insurance providers
costs are fucked up over here

>lol people are actually paying money so they can sit back and relax while being driven somewhere, what a bunch of cucks amirite xD

Does everyone on Veeky Forums live and work in the countryside? Having a computer handle rush-hour traffic would have given me over an hour of my life back every single weekday when I had to commute. I still like to drive in fun places like back roads, but why would I want to drive in shitty traffic?

BCUZ MUH FREEDUM

Henry Ford said "if I asked the people what they wanted they would have said a faster horse"

Veeky Forums is dumb, they can't even appreciate self driving cars.

>faster horse
>every time the horse poops it goes faster

It great watching the jew world order crash and burn

Nobody wants to buy these pieces of shit and nobody will

This agenda to turn the human race into a joke is failing left, right and centre and its fucking beautiful to watch

>nobody will

The S-class can already drive itself at highway speeds, and they're selling

The Tesla Model S can do the same and it's selling too.

Stay in denial, it's fun for me to imagine you eating crow in 10 years.

Uber's plan is to use self driving cars. So basically you will just be renting one for a trip.

I suspect they'll ban manually operated cars in major metropolitan areas. It's just not worthwhile or practical to hand down a blanket ban for the whole country when 99% of it by area has no real need for a self driving car mandate.

This. I have a driving phobia. I would gladly pay 4k to get a self-driving unit installed in my car. I hope I don't need to buy a new car to get this, but even then I might pay it.

Just think about the average person. Do you really want them driving around by themselves? I see stupid shit and near accidents on the daily. People crash or hit pedestrians all the time. I can't fucking wait for automated cars. Most people have no god damn business driving. Automated cars would reduce traffic and crashes. They might even get state sponsorship, maybe deductible on taxes to offset purchase cost like they do with "environmentally friendly" whatever shit.

Product direction is driven by market desire. Marketers gather information about what products the consumer base wants and relays that to the designers. Since most customers are women that's who they listen to. And since women want safer and autonomous vehicles, it's only a matter of time before vehicles move in that direction.

>Stay in denial, it's fun for me to imagine you eating crow in 10 years.

Just like you imagine one day having your very own car?